• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Glass Connectors - Size Convention?

tuk

Regarding glass joint sizes, a lot of water-pipe suppliers just state a single size; 14, 18, 29 etc for the joint....does this single size refer to the joint at its narrowest or its widest?

Because suppliers of glass adapters use two number for each end, eg:

Adapter, Connecting, 14/35 Top Outer, 29/42 Lower Inner, Reducing
cg-1000tn.jpg

^^The top socket part is 14/35 while the bottom cone part is 29/42.

Does that mean the top socket is compatible with a 14mm joint or 35mm joint?

Hope the question is clear, I can guess what the answer but need to know for sure.

tuk,
I'll cut and paste from wiki, cuz they say it so nice:

The first number represents the outer diameter (OD) in millimeters (mm) at the base (widest part) of the inner joint. The second number represents the ground glass length of the joint in millimeters.

^^The top socket part is 14/35 while the bottom cone part is 29/42.

Does that mean the top socket is compatible with a 14mm joint or 35mm joint?

Hope the question is clear, I can guess what the answer but need to know for sure.
That means the top socket fits a 14 mm male, and the male bit of the adapter fits a 29mm female.

Last edited:

tuk

Thanky.

I need ideas for the problem of how to join: 29/42 Cone -----> 1.5"/12.7mm OD tubing.

Apparently 1.5"/12.7mm OD tubing fits snugly into a 14.5mm Socket.

For some reason socket-->socket - reduction/expansion adapters are rare, Socket-->Cone are more popular, which is odd, surely there must be a need(in a lab) to terminate in a socket sometimes?

What I need is: Adapter, Connecting, 29/42 Top Outer, 14/35 Lower Outer, Reducing ..or an alternative solution?

tuk,

Bouldorado

Two questions;

is your 29mm joint male or female? I'm assuming female since I've never seen a 29mm DI piece before.

second, did you mean .5" and not 1.5" (~38 mm)? If this is the case you can likely find a 29-->14 reducer, which will allow your tubing to fit snug in the joint.

Bouldorado,

tuk

Two questions;
is your 29mm joint male or female? I'm assuming female since I've never seen a 29mm DI piece before.

Male.

I'm starting to understand why the price was so low.

second, did you mean .5"
Yep, thats the diameter of the ssv hose. Which jams nicely into a 14mm socket.

tuk,
Top Bottom