Glass Bat Vapor Genie Any Good? Low on Money....

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.R.

Truth Seeker
Hi ya folks, i'm lookin' for a good ol'e vapeyrizer and i'm not sure which one to get, $65 is the maximum i can spend which is how much the glass bat VG costs. Now iv'e bought a vapor genie before, one of the wooden ones. I loved it at first, but i don't like the lighter taste when using a butane lighter. And it seemed that the longer i used it the less effective is got but i could always make it work but had to suck in more lighter fluid, the design of the wooden one just is too deep where you put the flame at and you cant see where the flame level is at.

I found the solution as apposed to inhaling butane though, Hemp Wick :). It makes me want to get another one of these, and iv'e heard myriads of good reviews about the glass sherlock vapor genie especially over at the dmt-nexus, and on youtube review with herb.

I like the look of the Glass Bat VG and of course the price as apposed to the sherlock (i'm guessing they're made with the same idea, one just has more glass than the other), the portability, now that i'll be using hemp wick that makes it 10 times better for me and my health conscious mind.

I lost my wooden vapor genie or i'd just get some hemp wick and use it and i was also thinking about getting one of those vapor bros cheap vapes, iv'e owned one of them too but the angle that the heating element goes, unless your vaping sticky herbs then the herbs with just fall right down on the heating element and burn: horrible design - but you get what you pay for in most cases.

A few questions:
If anyone has used this before, can you tell me if it's on par with the sherlock vapor genie?
Does it work better than the wooden vaporgenie if youv'e tried the wooden one?
Have you ever used hemp wick with any vaporgenie? Was it effective?
Thanks FC.

B.R.,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
You may want to have a look at the Gnome. It's a lot like a glass VG but it separates the butane from the air path so you won't have to taste that filthy shit.

I'm not sure about pricing, but it is definitely within your budget.

OhTheAgony,
kingofnull,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
What kind of lighter were you using on your VG? Hemp-Wick isn't that much better of a solution, IMO.

paytonpenn,

Poochka

had the glass bat and have the sherlock now, like them both and hemp wick is the way to go. if possible save up for the sherlock or a lotus. been using a lotus mostly over the past few months, no butane into the smoke and no wick needed but you do need a small angle torch lighter to use the lotus (you get one with the lotus vape). can't use a regular lighter. doesn't get hot enough. both have a learning curve and once you get the hang of them you will never combust again.

http://www.lotusvaporizer.com/

can't figure it out but one hit off of the lotus is all i need. had some cheese candy the past couple of nights and it kicks my butt. one hit is all it takes, been like this for over a year no matter what strain is available. not complaining, i can live with this T lol

Poochka,

djonkoman

I've used my VG a few times with hempwick but was to inconvenient for me. I prefer to use a torch lighter with it, have you ever tried that?

djonkoman,

Poochka

I've used my VG a few times with hempwick but was to inconvenient for me. I prefer to use a torch lighter with it, have you ever tried that?

no, worried about heating the glass too much and breaking it. use hemp with the VG and the torch with the Lotus vape. haven't used the VG in months. the smaller bowl on the Lotus fits my one hit lifestyle better. one bowl in the VG used to last a week with the lotus 1/2 scoop (they supply the scoop) is just right for my one hit/night habit lol

Poochka,

djonkoman

I also don't use my VG hat much anymore(I have the handcarved btw), at home I only use my UD now but my VG still comes in handy when I go to the bar, a friend's house, parties etc. most often I use it with hash now, one time filling usually lasts me a while but with hash the hash stays pretty much stuck to the screen so not dirty ring under the filter etc as when carrying a filled bowl with weed.

djonkoman,

Poochka

what i liked about the glass vg is when the screen gets all gouked up all you have to do is smoke an emty bowl and enjoy the residual high. will mess you up too

Poochka,
Reactions: grokit

Poochka

only difference i found is the bat works better if the head is tilted back a little so the bat is almost vertical. if the bat is held horizontal its a little more difficult to get the flame where it needs to go (using hemp wick) imo.

Poochka,

momatik

I had a vapor genie. Sold it. It's good as an introduction to vaporizers, but that's it. My recommendation is to save up for a lotus instead.

This is because, in the class of flame based vaporizers, a torch lighter is preferential to a candle flame in every way. It can heat up much quicker, doesn't deposit soot, and can provide for larger clouds. But with the vapor genie plenty of butane bleeds into the air path. It's better to just wait and save for the lotus.

momatik,
Reactions: Poochka

Poochka

Lotus is great as long as you have a torch lighter going. reg lighters won't cut it. have both VG and Lotus. haven't used the VG since i got the Lotus. probably won't use the VG until for some reason i can't use the Lotus.

Poochka,
Reactions: 215z

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I don't think you need a torch when using a VaporGenie (unless you're vapor bonging), taste does seem like it will be far superior in the Lotus (never used one :( ), but I can't see much reasoning for buying a 100+ dollar butane reliant vaporizer. (But I am DONE with BUYING butane vapes) The VG Classic was my first vape, very good as a vape to introduce you into vaping like momatik said, but comparing the redesign VaporGenie did with the filter I don't acknowledge my old classic when I have my newer walnut top.

But from your post it doesn't seem like a more expensive unit is what you are looking for (65$ maximum) especially if you are willing to consider a Vapor Brothers knockoff. But if you really want a good vaporizers for your specific needs sometimes sitting and letting the money pile is best.

From my experience the taste comes from the quality of the filter on your VaporGenie, and the quality (in my opinion) is based off of the heat sources you use. I don't let anyone use a bic, or any lighter that isn't my own or identical. I only use a click lighters, which I PROPERLY purge on low, refill, and wait to use. I hate seeing hempwick used on my walnut top as some people don't take the leftover "wick" in consideration when they inhale using the it. Torches are quick but like I said above are only really needed for water pipes because a soft flame obviously wouldn't be consistent enough due to the bubbling.

Poochka and Momatik I would really like to know of the lighters (or lighter types) you used with your VG's.

paytonpenn,

Poochka

use hemp wick with the glass VG. torches could heat the glass to much and cause it to break. the torch i like the most is the one that came with the Lotus. its plastic and works really well. bought one of the chrome ones off of the same company but it seems to blow itself out. they sent a replacement for free but this one also blows itself out. went through all the recommendations on how to purge it, watched a video on how to use it and still can't get the hang of it. sticking with the plastic cased one that came with the vape.

Poochka,
Reactions: grokit

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I understand, I have gone through at least 10 different torch models, but half of them I was to lazy to wait 10 minutes for it to go back to the recommended temp. But I bought a vector one a few months back and it is still serving well. (The price made me care more) Hemp wick in my opinion has a less appealing taste in the long run. I do know from my experience of being a dick that glass will break when you trap a spider in a mason jar and suffocate it by raining a torch flame all around it.
But I don't imagine you would leave the torch on your glass VG for that long, your herb should be burned if you do so. And you shouldn't be raining the torch on the glass of your VG anyway.

I still personally recommend not using any lighter except a piezo ignition lighter like the one I used in the video above. I know I also used hempwick but that was to show its inconsistency, no normal bowl would be treated so viciously. Hempwick also makes me cough so its just not a personal favorite.

paytonpenn,
Reactions: 215z
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom