Glass Advice

PAZ

So long story short, i'm eventually going to be looking for a new glass piece. I bought a double showerhead bubbler and found it was too big and too much diffusion, I could barely get any taste. It was a way smoother hit, I do admit. I plan on using it with my Inhalater XP, and Ascent if I ever decide to buy a second vape.

My main criteria in the glass piece is taste and size; less drag would be a nice addition, but not a necessity. Smoothness, bubbles, design, etc. all come second in line. So with that in a mind, any glass piece you would recommend? There's quite a few i've been browsing for, the price will more or less decide how long I have to wait to grab it :lol:.

The ones that caught my eyes are:

a) VB Water-Tool Attachment. No real question about this one, seems like quite a few people like it and would be a decent fit for my XP.

653.jpg

b) Hamm's Waterworks 'The Gem' Exo-Diffy Vapor Bubbler. The main concerns I have going in with this one is the diffusion and taste. For the pricetag ($400), it is definitely on the high-end price tag and I wouldn't want to be disappointed on a glass piece that I spent that money on. I am absolutely in love with the design though, but I don't know if it's worth the extra $200 markup from the circular model. Has anyone ever used one of these pieces with a vape before?

02D6Ql.jpg

c) Grav Labs Glass Helix Showerhead Bubbler. Didn't even realize this was an option until I watched the BHOLT video. The issue I have with this is that I can't really find any review with this using a vape. I'd imagine both joints are 14 mm, so you could use the whole bubbler or just the mouthpiece. Add that to the fact it would probably be awkward to hold the INH XP to it (bubbler), and I'm just unsure if I want to spend my money on a possible disappointment.

grablabs_helix_bong_bongs_waterpipe_hash-1_1.jpg

d) Bates x Worm Mini Diffusion Pump Bubbler. I absolutely love the style of diffusion on this piece, but I have my doubts if it would work well with a vape. In the video it doesn't seem like theres much diffusion going on, but it is for oils so I imagine (I could be completely wrong) that for vapes it would diffuse it too much. There's also the pricetag on it as well which is again on the expensive side.

So i'm hoping if you made it to the bottom, you could give me some advice. Again, my critera would be taste and size (I wouldn't want anything bigger than 8", but would prefer it 6" and under).

ILoveCollege

Yeah.. F* Combustion..
I really like that helix piece.. Might be looking at one of those for my next piece.

ILoveCollege,

AdmiralAlpacha

God I love those hamm pieces. But I've never used the exo-diffy so I'm not sure how much is diffuses.

If your top priority is taste, I would start looking at oil rig type piece, many of them are made to have less diffusion to preserve taste.

AdmiralAlpacha,
Reactions: ou812?

PAZ

God I love those hamm pieces. But I've never used the exo-diffy so I'm not sure how much is diffuses.

If your top priority is taste, I would start looking at oil rig type piece, many of them are made to have less diffusion to preserve taste.

Really? I always thought it was the opposite. They do call it a vapor bubbler, but I don't know how much stock I put into it. But ya, those Hamm pieces are fricking pieces are art

I really like that helix piece.. Might be looking at one of those for my next piece.

I did a bit more research, and basically found the exact same thing for half the price. Obviously not the same quality and much thinner glass, but I'm tempted to buy it since it's cheap and go from there.

http://www.grasscity.com/us_en/jet-flash-smoke-system.html

I personally love my PN WT. It mates well with log vapes, the Solo and all the pens in my collection.

How does it compare to other bubblers in terms of taste/drag?

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

PAZ,

StayHigh.net

Youtube Vlogger/ Cannabis Activist
The helix pieces are some of the nicest pieces of smoking engineering for Cannabis. I love their products, a nice choice!

StayHigh.net,

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
if you guys like that helix thing you should check out the new jet flash bongs from blaze!They look awesome and are kind of cheap.
jet flash is the original "helix" btw. (which is just a mobile hurricane bong rip-off though)

the blaze bongs are between 33€ and 100€. the original hurricane starts at 119€
but i never had the feeling that the jet flash/helix works as good as the original product.
cb8b8dbc85c260876904aee82100fdedc1092b8a.jpg

mrweed,

Richy

Frequently up in space with Bowie
I'm surprised no one has mentioned JhanPixel and Colie Glass since they both offer good quality pieces that don't break the bank, I'm always recommending them to people on the forum.

Since you said you want a small piece to retain flavour I'd recommend either this sidecar by Jhan for $121.50(10% FC discount) or if you want slightly less diffusion this mini showerhead by Colie Glass for $80(20% FC discount) if you pay with a card or $90(10% FC discount) if you choose to pay with Paypal. All prices I have given include US shipping and I think the Colie Glass prices include international shipping as well. If you are an international customer you will need to contact Jhan who is on the forum under the user name redglassgallery to obtain a shipping quote. If you want to contact Andy at Collie Glass then use the contact seller button on his right hand side of his store page or I can give you his email address I have from when I ordered from him, just send me a PM if you need it.

I would imagine that the Colie Glass piece would have a slight edge in terms of flavour over the JhanPixel piece because it has less slits in the showerhead and a slightly smaller volume, this of course means that it may be a bit less smooth and you may have to draw slightly slower to avoid any splashback due to the size. Since you said you will be using it with a portable vape I'm guessing you probably won't be drawing too fast anyway so I can't see splashback being an issue. I know makisupacurtain owns the mini showerhead and he seems very happy with it and hasn't complained about splashback. It probably best to contact mak if you have any questions about the piece as he has the most experience with it.

I hope that helps.

convotutor

Hi
Richy
Thanks for your insight into those two pieces that you recommended. These are actually exactly the pieces I was looking into.

I have a question re the sidecar piece you recommended. Now I'm a noob to vaping and bought the solo at the end of may this year.
My question is how do I connect the solo to the jhan piece? I'm assuming some adapter is needed. If you could point me to the needed adapter it'd be much appreciated !

Thanks

mod note: This isn't your thread. Don't hijack.

convotutor,

Richy

I'll send you a PM so as not to derail the thread.

Richy,

PAZ

I'm surprised no one has mentioned JhanPixel and Colie Glass since they both offer good quality pieces that don't break the bank, I'm always recommending them to people on the forum.

Since you said you want a small piece to retain flavour I'd recommend either this sidecar by Jhan for $121.50(10% FC discount) or if you want slightly less diffusion this mini showerhead by Colie Glass for $80(20% FC discount) if you pay with a card or $90(10% FC discount) if you choose to pay with Paypal. All prices I have given include US shipping and I think the Colie Glass prices include international shipping as well. If you are an international customer you will need to contact Jhan who is on the forum under the user name redglassgallery to obtain a shipping quote. If you want to contact Andy at Collie Glass then use the contact seller button on his right hand side of his store page or I can give you his email address I have from when I ordered from him, just send me a PM if you need it.

I would imagine that the Colie Glass piece would have a slight edge in terms of flavour over the JhanPixel piece because it has less slits in the showerhead and a slightly smaller volume, this of course means that it may be a bit less smooth and you may have to draw slightly slower to avoid any splashback due to the size. Since you said you will be using it with a portable vape I'm guessing you probably won't be drawing too fast anyway so I can't see splashback being an issue. I know makisupacurtain owns the mini showerhead and he seems very happy with it and hasn't complained about splashback. It probably best to contact mak if you have any questions about the piece as he has the most experience with it.

I hope that helps.

Thanks for the suggestions. I did look into both of them, I personally just don't like the look of either of them.

if you guys like that helix thing you should check out the new jet flash bongs from blaze!They look awesome and are kind of cheap.
jet flash is the original "helix" btw. (which is just a mobile hurricane bong rip-off though)

the blaze bongs are between 33€ and 100€. the original hurricane starts at 119€
but i never had the feeling that the jet flash/helix works as good as the original product.

cb8b8dbc85c260876904aee82100fdedc1092b8a.jpg

If they made a bit smaller bong, I would be all over that! Unfortunately the smallest they make is 10", I think i'd rather just try the handheld bubbler over this for now.

PAZ,

Richy

So do you prefer the upright style of bong? Maybe you should just get a small tube or breaker with a diffused downstem. Obviously a beaker will give you slightly more volume while retaining the same height, but since you seem to be all about the flavour I'm guessing you might want a straight tube.

Unfortunately JhanPixel's stuff doesn't come with downstems, however if you contact him on the forum then maybe he can hook you up with one if you like the look of any of his pieces. Since you said the 10 inch beaker above is too large have you considered a tube.

Colie Glass do a couple of tubes, a 12 inch($48) and a 14 inch($64). Although the 12 inch says it doesn't come with a downstem I'm sure you'd be able to get one as they've got downstems in their other pieces. Bear in mind that the 14 inch tube has 7mm walls and the 12 inch tube has 5mm walls this means that because they have the same outer diameter the 14 inch tube actually has a smaller volume, which is kind of counter-intuitive so I thought it was worth mentioning.

It may also be worth considering the two types of small stemline pieces that they do, the volume on these piece is quite minimal as they are only about 9 inches tall. One has a 14mm joint($76) and the other has an 18mm joint($68).

The reason I have only mentioned these Jhan and Colie is because you said cost was a large factor and I believe you will find it very hard to find good quality USA made water pipes for such low prices anywhere else. As before the prices I have mentioned include shipping and the FC discount.

Richy,

PAZ

So do you prefer the upright style of bong? Maybe you should just get a small tube or breaker with a diffused downstem. Obviously a beaker will give you slightly more volume while retaining the same height, but since you seem to be all about the flavour I'm guessing you might want a straight tube.

Unfortunately JhanPixel's stuff doesn't come with downstems, however if you contact him on the forum then maybe he can hook you up with one if you like the look of any of his pieces. Since you said the 10 inch beaker above is too large have you considered a tube.

Colie Glass do a couple of tubes, a 12 inch($48) and a 14 inch($64). Although the 12 inch says it doesn't come with a downstem I'm sure you'd be able to get one as they've got downstems in their other pieces. Bear in mind that the 14 inch tube has 7mm walls and the 12 inch tube has 5mm walls this means that because they have the same outer diameter the 14 inch tube actually has a smaller volume, which is kind of counter-intuitive so I thought it was worth mentioning.

It may also be worth considering the two types of small stemline pieces that they do, the volume on these piece is quite minimal as they are only about 9 inches tall. One has a 14mm joint($76) and the other has an 18mm joint($68).

The reason I have only mentioned these Jhan and Colie is because you said cost was a large factor and I believe you will find it very hard to find good quality USA made water pipes for such low prices anywhere else. As before the prices I have mentioned include shipping and the FC discount.

Well cost I'd prefer not to spend $300-400 on a piece of glass, but at the same time i'm not going to buy a cheap piece of glass either if I don't like it. I've already tried enough cheap glass where if I don't like it, I simply won't use it.

I'm sorry if I did mislead you from my OP, but I don't believe I did say cost was the biggest factor. Size + Taste are the biggest factors, the price will just determine if I get it in the next month, or in the next 6-8 months. If I don't find the design appealing, I don't see myself buying it either.

PAZ,

Richy

None of that Colie stuff I recommended is "cheap glass" it's all made with Schott and Simax which are both top brands of glass tubing, in fact as far as I'm aware Schott is the best you can get. Just because the blower isn't putting a hefty price tag on it doesn't mean it's of low quality, you're getting a good price because you're buying direct and it's not decorated. Ask anyone on the forum that has bought Colie's stuff and they'll most likely tell you how happy they are with it.

If you look at my posts you will notice I spend a lot of time warning people away from cheap import glass and I would never recommend anything sub-standard to anyone, I only ever recommend USA made good quality glass.

It fair enough if you don't like the designs of the stuff I've suggested but you said you wanted a small piece without to much diffusion so that is what I've recommended. I totally understand that liking the aesthetics of a water pipe is a personal view and a matter of your own taste but don't go around calling it cheap because it's not your particular style.

If you can be more specific in saying what you don't like about the pieces I've suggested then I might be able to find something you'll like because I am honestly trying to help you here and I can only go on the information you give me.

PAZ

None of that Colie stuff I recommended is "cheap glass" it's all made with Schott and Simax which are both top brands of glass tubing, in fact as far as I'm aware Schott is the best you can get. Just because the blower isn't putting a hefty price tag on it doesn't mean it's of low quality, you're getting a good price because you're buying direct and it's not decorated. Ask anyone on the forum that has bought Colie's stuff and they'll most likely tell you how happy they are with it.

If you look at my posts you will notice I spend a lot of time warning people away from cheap import glass and I would never recommend anything sub-standard to anyone, I only ever recommend USA made good quality glass.

It fair enough if you don't like the designs of the stuff I've suggested but you said you wanted a small piece without to much diffusion so that is what I've recommended. I totally understand that liking the aesthetics of a water pipe is a personal view and a matter of your own taste but don't go around calling it cheap because it's not your particular style.

If you can be more specific in saying what you don't like about the pieces I've suggested then I might be able to find something you'll like because I am honestly trying to help you here and I can only go on the information you give me.

Ya, cheap was the wrong word, I didn't mean it in an offensive way. Every piece that's below ~$150 I haven't found any interest in whatsoever. By cheap I didn't mean it was low quality glass by any means, I just meant that I haven't found anything in that price range that I liked. On the sidecar by Jhan, I'm not a fan of the mouthpiece or the basic design of it. As for the Colie glass, again it's just the design I dislike. If I was to say what I do dislike about them is the circular/roundness of the pieces. I realize that's what the majority of pieces are, but that's also the reason I really like that Hamm piece as well.

If I could be me accurate in what i'm looking for, I would. But honestly, I don't. If I was to say which one would be at the top of my list, it most likely would be the Hamm exo-duffy piece, and I wouldn't have so much of a problem saying that's the piece I want and saving up for it, except for i'm not sure i'll enjoy the taste from it since I haven't heard much feedback on it.

PAZ,

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
The PN WT is under 150 and that was your first choice, feels like we are swimming in circles here....

SSVUN~YAH,
Reactions: Richy

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
that helix thing is also far from the 150$! in germany you can get it for 50€ and less (original jet stream, not the us copy).
btw. generally, i have the feeling that you guys (north americans) pay much more for good glass than we do in europe. here you'll get some fine roor bongs for (much) less than 150$ (starting from 50€) and you'll even get a lifetime warranty!
weed star has some nice bubblers for 60€!
and you can now even get the worlds best and only astmetic bong for just 99€ (rob hurricane bong chinese version)

so actually, i find it very hard to spend more than 150$ on a good bong, because i get amazing and unique ones for less

Richy

You probably should on mentioned that you didn't want a round piece in your original post because as you say most pieces are round as that's the shape tubing comes in. The fact that you said taste and size are the main priorities and design comes second was extremely misleading. Adding to that the other three pieces you mentioned in the original post are all kind of round you can't blame me for suggesting the pieces I did. From what you've said now it seems you are looking for a highly artistic piece.

I think Hamm are quite unique in that they use conturax tubing, at least that's what I assume they use, which isn't round. You probably should have called the thread "Which Hamm piece should I get?".

On a more serious note, have you though about a recycler? They are normally filled with a lot of circulating water that means that the actual volume of air/vapor in them is quite small. They also come in quite a variety of designs so you should have a fair amount of choice. However I'm guessing since you don't like round things that water going round between two or more round chambers might not be your thing.

I didn't suggest either the Leviathan mini or micro bubblers because I guessed that you'd seen them before since you already own a Leviathan piece. The micro is round so you won't want that but the mini is kind of round with some faceting(flat areas).

Richy,
Reactions: ou812?
Top Bottom