Glands Galore! - A Place for Discussing and Making Hashish

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
All right, here we go.

There must be some other vape cadets around here who are Hash enthusiasts: I know I've seen a few of you talking about methodolgies for vaporizing Hash and that type of thing, so this is not a foreign subject on a Cannabis forum by any stretch of the imagination. Hash is a deep, indulgent passion of mine...I REALLY loves me some Hash.

This thread is all about just that: a love of Hashish!

Any discussion which is relevant to Hash making, processing, storage, methods of consumption :brow:, etc. is more than welcome. Hashish is really the only thread which must run through this discussion, other wise I'd say the topic is very loose (and it's found here in the Vapor Lounge...so we all know what that means heh :cool:)

I'd like to get the ball rolling with a specific observation, yet in the same breath I'd also like to welcome all contributions (wise or cloudy ;)), stoner stories, thoughts or ideas, etc. I hope to discover that this is a passion for many others here at FC, and hopefully we can learn some new tricks and techniques from our fellow vape cadets! On to the show! LET'S TALK HASH!!

To get things rolling, I have a specific question I'd like to lodge for anyone who has experience and feels inclined enough to answer. I am wondering about Bubble Bags, which I've never used and product from which I've never sampled (to my knowledge at least...but then again I'm rarely able trace my street Hash back to its origins...). Does anyone out here in FC-land have any experience using "Bubble Bags", or something similar? I know they are immensely popular, and generally regarded as very effective and worth the money...but I would love to hear other peoples opinions, experiences, etc. Most of my experience is with dry sift, but I've been really interested in cold water extractions lately. If there is any one who has done some Hash making using Bubble Bags (or something similar), please come and share your experience! I'd love to hear how it compares to dry sift, how easy making Hash at home can be with the advent of something like the Bubble Bag system, etc.

This is just something to get the ball rolling, and because it's something I'm thinking about/looking into investing in at the moment. Generally however, this can be the home for all things Hash. So, let us dive right in and explore this resinous landscape together, my sweets. :D

Edit: Oh yeah...and Clear_Dome, wherever you're at buddy...I expect you to join in!! One must live up to his self-appointed moniker, you know. ;)

partially veiled,

marcuss

above the clouds
hehe...man you simply open the gate..... the resinous river will flow like the Nile!
i like the Ice method to achieve all those trichs that still remain on the frosty leaves after a first rumble in the Pollinator....really hard to say what is the best way....i Love the Dry Sift as well for they are so different in taste and smell....but they come from the same material!!
Ice-hash or if you like Bubble-hash is slightly lower in some therpenoids and flavonoids that are water solubile...so less flavor and smell...on the other hand it will be cleaner that the dry sift and his finest quality called Full Melt Clear Dome (C_D best friend) is something that you must try...in Dam at Greenhouse they sell the Bubblemania for 60 euro/G. so maybe it's better DIY ;)

marcuss,

Spiderman

oil baron
Love me some hash......a fine bowl of hash is a true luxury.

PV, Bubblebags are the shit. There is a very likely chance that the first time you make bubblehash, you will forever be sold on it. Bubblehash makes use of ice to freeze the trich heads, water to dissolve out plant matter, and different sizes of screens, so you are able to select only the finest, fattest trich heads. As they like to say.....if it doesnt bubble, it aint worth the trouble. If you are used to hitting hash that burns instead of melting.....get ready.

That being said, you do lose a little taste making bubble. One thing that i've heard works great is to make high grade dry sift of the same strain, and add about 10% by weight kif back into the bubble once you powder the dried hash, to boost the flavor.

If you do some hash making, give us shots!

Spiderman,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
haha ok ok I'll make a complet tuto for bubble hash making with pix of my last result as soon as I'll get my cam ..but first I'll read back your post partially veiled ....I realy vaped and have trouble to understand at the first time your post dude your english is so hard to understand for me LOLL

Clear_Dome,

marcuss

above the clouds
Clear_Dome said:
haha ok ok I'll make a complet tuto for bubble hash making with pix of my last result as soon as I'll get my cam ..but first I'll read back your post partially veiled ....I realy vaped and have trouble to understand at the first time your post dude your english is so hard to understand for me LOLL
:lol::lol: ha ha i know what you mean....hard work when you are vaped!! :ko:

Yes bubble fever is similar to gold fever....when you see all those pure glands on the wet filter....you're already thinking to the next run!! :brow:

Pics!

marcuss,

Purple-Days

I dry sift. Then press traditional blonde hashish under pressure, no heat. Then stored, about a month, it develops a great taste and is as close to the old '70s hashish from N. Africa as you can get.

Water/ice extraction is less flavorful as mentioned and produces, full melt or bubble.

Different than hashish, just nobody seems to have a better name and they call it hash. I guess it is, I just don't think of it as hash. Like we still 'dial' a phone even though there is no dial anymore. Things change but we rtemain the same. ;)

Purple-Days,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
hahaha damn I was'nt born in the 70's :lol: ....but bubble has doesnt alway full melt ...in fact not every mj strain fullmelt... the plants must have also been grow with no fert (or less as possible) and been harvest at the good time than dry for the good time ....so making fullmelt bubble is pretty complex ...but same if the bubble hash doesnt full melt it will hit you hard as hell :brow:

Clear_Dome,

Spiderman

oil baron
I would never suggest to anyone pressing large amounts of hash and then storing it. The waxy exterior when you break it apart should tell you pretty clearly that you're degrading your hash. Leaving your hash as a resin powder (either dry-sift or powderized bubble) will allow it to correctly dry, and to correctly cure. Pressing hash really just involves enough heat or pressure (and chemists can tell you, the two work almost exactly the same in this case) to cause some of the trich heads to rupture and ooze out their resin (the oil inside the wax), which then cements the unbroken heads together. Over time, the resin that's cementing the block together degrades, causing the waxy exterior.

If you really like pressed hash, take about 4 hits worth of resin powder, dump it into your palm, and use your other hand to work it into a few hits worth of charas. Smoke the fresh charas, and repeat as necessary. Clean your hands with some isopropyl or something similar first. Isopropyl wipes are really handy for this.

Spiderman,

Purple-Days

Finger hash...

ps, never large amounts and never over 1/2" thick. Dry man, dry.

Sure glands are 'broken under pressure. What? are they in a protective sack?

Since surface area is the major factor in oxidation. And since oxidation presents the ever present entropy of the universe, doesn't storing your 'resin' in it's most exposed geometry give you the quickest route to deterioration?

My question would be: Didn't the Sultan's know something? Reducing the exposure to air had to be a reason to press hashish, long before it became a commercial trade product. Just thinking out loud here. Jump in if this seems to defy chemistry or logic. Not saying anyone is 'doing it wong' or anything else, just sharing ideas.

the mid '70s (college) hash from ?lebanon?, they called it Lebanese and was as likely from anywhere else in the area was a light blondish green. It went for about $90-100 US an honest ounce.

late '70s afgahn (Russian occupation/CiA) hash was more red and a more crude product, but what a high.... Paid a little more, but inflation and all it was about the same toll.

Black hash came around about the same time and was either opiated hash or straight opium and wasn't the same at all. Often confused on the black markets of america as Nepalese, what a load of crap.

Anybody ever heard of 10 meter hash? Code for, " It ain't going ten meters from where it was made..."
:lol:

Purple-Days,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
thanks spidy your able to explain all the other thing to more complexe for me to explain LOLLL but your right I'll add that many people keep it in jar now without pressing it (in powder form) ...it keep most of the taste and effect intact :D

pd: Sure glands are 'broken under pressure. What? are they in a protective sack? -- yes exacly ! in a kind of wax sack LOL
and for the color :

green mean there is leaf piece inside the hash

red mean the hash is made with over grown canabis (they leave the plant in the field until over sun / over grow give to the weed a redish colour)

blond mean good stuff most of the time (not with comercial moroco style hash)

black mean the is oil inside the hash OR the hash have been palm roll OR the hash have been press with heat OR the hash have been cut with tire / hn (not sure of the spelling in english ,that a kink of ink use to make false tatoo) ,shoes wax what ever the stupid re-seller can use to make more buck !!:disgust:

Clear_Dome,

Purple-Days

Haha All true, can't cope too gone.

Yes, red = not so good in most cases. What I said, less refined, possibly a late harvest, by modern or lower ailtude standards but this stuff was unique.

Blonde = better if you know what it is. Some of the best , , , Yes green is a;eays an bad thing but the best blonde was always tinted a little.

Black is always questionable. Usually not what it is being sold as. Never hand rubbed, 10 meter hash, That is my Experience (in USA).:)

Purple-Days,

Purple-Days

Just to continue the 'waxy coat' thought, thats the same 'waxy coar' that will fevelope over ever singlr trichrome. No? Or squished trichrome? or slab of hashish (which presents the least resin surface to oxygen? No?

Just asking from a logical outlook. Not saying I;m right>

we are talkin' hash... Ya know? Friendly like...
That's me,
Tom :cool:

Purple-Days,

Spiderman

oil baron
A trichome is like a waxy exterior with the resin sittin inside. The waxy coat cant develop over the trichome, its already plant wax. Bursting the head is exactly that, causing the resin (or plant sap, if you will) to ooze out of the now destroyed wax membrane.

I wasnt around in the 70's, but friends of mine who have been in this game for decades widely regard "opium cut hash" as pure myth. Why would you cut hash with opium? opium is worth more............its like people who claim their cocaine was cut with meth.....not on your life.

Spiderman,

Purple-Days

I have to go along with opiated hashish being a possible myth, I never saw it, just raw opium. But opium doesn't like to stay lit and I can conceive somebody somewhere in time creating a blend for their pipe.They do go good together. (but what the hell would I know...:lol:)

Purple-Days,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
I never got opium in my life and one of my dream is to try it LOLLLLL REALYY

Clear_Dome,

Purple-Days

It's funny we got it during the Russian occupation (I was in Cincinnati), then none for years, thought I would never see it again... Then we (the USA) went in, and there it was again (this time I was in Florida).

Of course the CIA was funding the rebels against the Russians. And you might suspect the same connections were responsible in the modern re-appearance...

It has a very unique flavor/odor. If you hit a pipe that has been used for opium you can taste it a week later. Grape-Ape, our buddy Linda called it.

Purple-Days,

Spiderman

oil baron
Mixing hash and opium definitly would be done....if you had some opium and some hash, and wanted to mix them together. Just saying that if someone was selling a mixture of hops and hash......they'd be charging more for it than for just hash, and the opium would be a selling point.....not something cut into the hash to save hash. They'd use pipe resin before using opium...

Grape-Ape is also a strain of weed.

Spiderman,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Great thread, I can smell it!

Best hash I've had was definitely in Holland. Lebanese, Nepalese, Moroccan, Indian, blonde, red, dark charas, etc etc etc! Back home, it seems like everything is '10 meter' hash, very rarely see anything other than low grade dark stuff. Clearly DIY is key.

Spidey got me into BHO, for which I'm very grateful, but damn, water extracted FMCD sounds like the shit for topping off a fat bowl. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned BHO, haha.... anyone who starts that old argument gets a spanking.

For you guys who store your glands in kif form, small, dark, airtight glass? Fridge?

These are from various places on the web. Someone really needs to start a dedicated trichome super macro gallery.

vtac,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
I realy wish to have a nice cam an a macro lense ...but it is so expensive :S and I prefer to buy weed LOLLL ... but it make me remeber last year I made some bubble hash for a friend and the result was so stunning ...I look at it under a microscope and it was beautifull ...just resin heads stick togetter , it was looking like shinny gold foam ....hummm and this one was totaly full meltin .....and yea I store mine in glass jar in dark cold place and open the lid maybe once a week till it totaly dry ...if you wan to see some cool jar take a lot at the ROOR one they are so nice but pretty expensive too ...like all ROOR stuff

glass on glass will alway be king :cool:

Clear_Dome,

Spiderman

oil baron
LOL Vtac i shuddered at the seed pic. Others are super hot though hahaha. CD hit the nail firmly on the head on storing the resin powder.....airtight, cool dark place, make sure to let it get air if its got any moisture at all. Shit will cure up and get delicious.

Hey CD, do you have any of those RooR jars? Reason being is I've played around with them before, but i find that the top tends to "float" in those jars...somethin bout air pressure and what not. RooR did a series where the male was on the jar end......but theyre kinda tricky to find i think.

Spiderman,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
:luv: I knew there would be more Hash fiends to be found here. It's such a beautiful thing...how could anyone resist a love affair with those glorious glands! :cheers: to y'all, keep the good stuff coming. I'll be back to say something substansial soon...got to get my ass back to work right now though!

As a quick sidenote...Clear_Dome, the BEST Hash (hands down) I've ever had was actually purchased and consumed in Quebec. It was oh-so-blonde and melted like butter on my pancakes. It was bought in Sherbrooke, however...so I'll give you one guess who THAT Hash came from...:rolleyes:

Edit: @ Spiderman: I also shuddered at that seed pic. Haha it's like a nerve impulse or something...firing away deep in the "oh god not again" center of my brain. :lol:

partially veiled,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I vap hash, when I have it. I've been fortunate to have it quite a bit as of late. :brow:

I mostly vaporize kief, which is basically just loose hash. :)

Vicki,

Purple-Days

As stated I dry sift.

For those that haven't done it I'll give a little description of my method...(I'm sure there are others) It is very well adapted to smaller quantities of material.
Dry sift to me:

Material of choice: Fine (close in) bud trim only, dried in a paper sack on the TV set.

Kiefing Tools: I put it in a quart canning jar along with a lightweight piece of chain and/or a few pencil size stems cut to two inch lengths to aggitate the naterial and loosen the trichromes. I use a fine mesh screen at the mouth of the jar and screw on the ring. A clean stainless steel or glass (Corell/Pyrex etc) plate is used to catch the kief.

The jar is aggitated over the plate (shake back and forth up and down) and the heads will start to fall.

The very best stuff will fall in the first minutes. As time and agitation continue you will get the next best, more heads with the trichrome stalks.

Continue shaking and more green material will start to appear along with remaining good stuff. Finally you will get a dusty green materiasl that is nearly all fiber (but like vapor duff can be used in emergencies, it's got life).

Stop at any time and scrape the plate clean. The first batch is the heads only and if you want that pull it out and put it on another plate so it won't be dilluted. Then shake a while longer and scrape, this is still excellent stuff. Put it over beside the first pile and see the difference. Repeat till you are getting too much green.

Depending on the material and it;s condition (moisture content), chain, how hard you shake the jar, you decide it's getting too green etc... the shaking times will vary.

Now you have various grades of kief.

Some will say store it in a cool dark place and let it have air till it is completely 'dry'.

If I was still crazy :lol: I might go as far as freeze drying the kief. (wrings his mad scientist hands).

I like to take the best of the kief piles and blend them to the color of what I remamber as 'Blonde' hashish od the '70s. That's just my guideline and for pressing it's a good one.

Yield: A quart jar 3/4 full, 3 cups of material will yield about a gram of good blonde.

Tip: The Blueberry Hop used dort fine gold from sand works pretty well with kief too. Tilt the plate about 20 degrees and tap the bottom edge, the finest stuff goes one way the heavier junk goes the other. Use this to get the better stuff out of the greener sifts.

The blended blonde is placed on a non-stick surface in a pile on my desk. (I have a teflon coated fiberglass cloth) covered with another piece of non-stick. I use a block of oak and appky pressure on the pile using most of my body weight, Uhhh, 150# on a very small area. This creates a fragile hash wafer and side crumbs/ Fold the wafer over and pile the crumbs and loose kief on top, cover and press. Repeat, till you end up with a solid chunk of hashish, just like this old geezer used to get.

Stored in a cool dark place for a month or more it will develope a great flavor (depending on the strain).

Since I vape there is no need to 'press' hash. I keep a small rosewood screw top kief jar and rarely 'press'. But a nice gram of hash has a nostalgia value.

It is a good stealth trick too, when sharing. Kief kinda says . . . but, a gram of blonde hash is greeted with, "wow, where did you get that?":cool:

Purple-Days,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Nice guide! I'll link your shakey screen since you're too modest to do it. :D

Another thing you can use to press with is cellophane- the stuff cigarette packs are wrapped in. Other than that I'm pretty useless, so to contribute, some mouthwatering pics from bubbleman.

vtac,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
hahaha I remember when bman post the one with the ziplock plastic jar ....damn it was fuckin crazy this guy run 40 lb of buds in finest hash possible ....oufffff what a nice dream I never saw anyting like this ....the biggest batch tha I ever made give me about ruffly 300g of wH and dudes ...no need to tell how fuckin stone I was this day :lol:.....

Clear_Dome,
Top Bottom