Discontinued Ghost MV1

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Disclaimer: My wife works for Ghost Vapes. Take that into consideration when reading my posts in this thread. I will attempt to present factual, impartial information on Ghost products, but won't blame you one bit if you think I am biased towards this company.

I heard nice things about this VAP?
Ghost = any relationship 2 Casper?

Get on this, buddy...6 hours left to enter

fuckcombustion.com/threads/ghost-mv1-giveaway-contest-4.34776/

Last edited by a moderator:

DJ!

Since I already put the pic together... I go with the classics

2m4sx7d.jpg

Summer

Long Island, NY
Just curious if anyone has put the heat sink in the refrigerator to get an even cooler hit?

Try it, but I would think it would affect proper heating of the herb. The unit will heat to the specified temp, but the cold heat sink assembly may reduce the overall heating of the herb in the crucible.

Not sure about the rules about posting links to the VC forum, so I won't post the link atm,

I don't link to VFL posts because I think it's against the rules to post to a site with affiliate links. Maybe @Stu can clarify. But you can post the title of the VLF thread & then anyone interested can go over the the Category MV-1 category & search for that thread.

I had been pursuing answers about using it in the cold as we get really cold temps up in the Yukon and I like to vape outside the arena before hockey.

It does have an operating temp range so it might not perform well if unit is too cold. They should list the operating temp range on the website or maybe Nerissa knows it off-hand.

What is a SB mouthpiece?

I meant the entire heat sink assembly that currently is only available in chrome.

I did post to the ghost reps on VLF asking when they are going to sell SB heat sink assemblies, SB & clear plastic stems & asking for them to sell the heat sink assembly gaskets individually or in 2 or 3 packs in case of tears from insertion or wear, & when they are going to have cases for the vape. Answer, everything in do time. Just be gentle with the gasket when removing it as it does get a little sticky from the terps & when snapping the top piece back over it.

Last edited:

Ohm and Away

I'm still not done with my testing but so far this certainly isn't reducing my consumption, the taste isn't as nice as a well made oil, and I'm having to constantly use it to maintain the effects I'm aiming for. Still hoping I'll get used to it if I stick with it a while longer.

Brewervapesalot

I'm still not done with my testing but so far this certainly isn't reducing my consumption, the taste isn't as nice as a well made oil, and I'm having to constantly use it to maintain the effects I'm aiming for. Still hoping I'll get used to it if I stick with it a while longer.

I don't think comparing oil to flower vaping is an apple to apple comparison, if that's what you're comparing.

As for flavor using concentrates, MV1 is a good as any vaporizer I've used, same with using flower. The only vaporizer I've used that has marginally better flavor is a firefly 2, both concentrate and flower, but that vape has significant draw backs namely clogging for flower and draw restriction in general.

The MV1 requires far less herb than any conduction vaporizer I've used and infinitely less than most any common method of combustion (only because combusting usually burns up a lot great herb that you don't take in).

The niche for these convection vaporizers are small, efficient, potent, chambers that provide great flavor without heat up time or waste of material from cool down between draws.

If you want to reduce consumption with a vaporizer, you're gunna need to vape less often.... or go chem free for a couple weeks... and lower your tolerance.... because you'll have a tough time find a more efficient vape. Some are equivalent, but I haven't used any vapes that are substantially more efficient...

SirCrackKillaH

where all my pictures go? Should I have only posted up like a pic or two? Or did it disappear because of what I used to generate the link for the photo? Curious..

I thought about this initially and decided to charge it with the fast charger. If I ever have issues with the battery I’ll just replace it. That’s the beauty of a replaceable battery.

Anyone else do their initial charge with the fast charger?

Yeah, all of my batteries were charged on the quick charger for the initial charge. No issues at all. Takes 2-3 hours.

SirCrackKillaH,
Reactions: ataxian

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
where all my pictures go? Should I have only posted up like a pic or two? Or did it disappear because of what I used to generate the link for the photo? Curious..
It's definitely your image host, tinypng. I'm not familiar with that image host so I can't really speculate on why the image links are now broken. Might I suggest using a more proven image host like postimage.org, imgbb.com or even (heaven forbid) tinypic?

:peace:

martinstraka8282

Is your comment about not reducing your consumption in comparison to combusting or to other vapes?

martinstraka8282,

Ohm and Away

Is your comment about not reducing your consumption in comparison to combusting or to other vapes?
It was in relation to my previous post which noted that this is my first experience of owning a high end dry herb vape and attempting to use one as my full time method of staying medicated. I noted that I quit smoking several months ago and switched to making oil for ccell carts.

I was interested to see whether using a dry herb vape can produce the desired result and how it compares in terms of time/hassle, cost of use, taste, effect and practicality. Of course I'm not expecting dry herb to get the same gram for gram effect as concentrates, that would be silly, but it is possible to make an overall comparison of which is better suited to my needs and preferences. Time will tell :)

As for the MV1 itself, it seems like a good device so far. It does what it says it does with minimal hassle, looks and feels good, and seems to produce a pretty consistent result.

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Ohm and Away, the Ghost is a convection vape. You may find that a conduction or hybrid better suits your liking. One of the advantages of convection is that most vaporists use less herb, so maybe the reason you haven't reduced your consumption is because you're vaping more to compensate for the purest, clear-headed high that this vape produces. That's why on-demand convection head-wise is perfect for microdosing. Maybe a session conduction vape like the Mighty, a harder hitting convection vape like the Splinter Z or the hybrid (arguably) Dynavap would give you more of the effects you're looking for. I'll pm you a short list of a few vapes for you to check out for your next vape purchase.

Last edited:

Ohm and Away

I appreciate the advice (and the PM) but I'm happy with my choice of device. So far the way I'm seeing dry herb vaping compared to making oil for ccell pens is this:

- The amount of preparation time and involvement is roughly the same overall. With making oil that all comes at once however often you make it, whereas with dry herb it's refilling the crucibles however often you need to.
- I prefer the taste of my oil. The mv1 definitely tastes better than a volcano but I have nothing else to compare it to.
- The pen is more discreet, and can be used to get very medicated very quickly. I knew this from the outset but it has to be mentioned.
- The high I get from vaping dry herb in the mv1 is fuller, more rounded, and more enjoyable than the oil/pen.
- I haven't yet worked out a cost of use comparison but will when I've been using the mv1 for long enough.

Summer

Long Island, NY
If anyone's inclined, puffitup has a IG stream up currently (don't know how much longer it will be up, maybe as long as another 10 hours :shrug:) wherein Randy & Zakk are joined by sneakypete (with a face reveal ;)) & they're all using the Ghosts & just chatting.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Disclaimer: My wife works for Ghost Vapes. Take that into consideration when reading my posts in this thread. I will attempt to present factual, impartial information on Ghost products, but won't blame you one bit if you think I am biased towards this company.

@Ohm and Away - your experience sounds pretty typical to me. Some give up after the first day, so well done for hanging in there! Your extract use classifies you as a heavy user by default, so it’s simple math, imo. I’m a heavy flower user and usually need a couple crucibles to get there, unless it’s the first hit of the day. I recently started testing extract pens and was surprised at just how quickly my tolerance was effected. If you haven’t already, drop the pen for a couple days to give your system a chance to adjust.

And thanks for sharing! I’ve been vaping heavily for ten years and can forget what it’s like for someone new to vapor. Good luck!

guyonthecouch

I have to agree, after extensive testing with the regular unit and stealth edition I'm finding the vapor not that potent and the device not that efficient with material. My guess is that the heat sink is "trapping/collecting" all the goodies. Take your heat sink out and look at how much reclaim is stuck on the bottom of it(after 10+ crucibles), all of that sweet sweet nectar not making it's way to the lungs. I've never seen a vape produce as much reclaim as the MV1. Someone please let me know if I'm doing something wrong but everything seems fine and operational.

guyonthecouch,

started@52

I have to agree, after extensive testing with the regular unit and stealth edition I'm finding the vapor not that potent and the device not that efficient with material. My guess is that the heat sink is "trapping/collecting" all the goodies. Take your heat sink out and look at how much reclaim is stuck on the bottom of it(after 10+ crucibles), all of that sweet sweet nectar not making it's way to the lungs. I've never seen a vape produce as much reclaim as the MV1. Someone please let me know if I'm doing something wrong but everything seems fine and operational.
Divide that reclaim by 10 and I doubt it adds up to enough to feel but collect 10 of them and bet it makes for a great dab! Just need a good way to collect it.

stickstones

Vapor concierge

What are you comparing it to?

Top Bottom