• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Ghost MV1

Summer

Long Island, NY
@skyvaper, any chance of a pic of your camera case with the Ghost in it? And a pic with Ratchett's all-in-one adaptor attached to the Ghost?

The Ghost has been out for over a year now & there's still no case for it. Would really like something along the lines of the Zues Arc's case: (scroll down for all pics):

https://torontovaporizer.ca/blog/zeus-armor-vaporizer-case-review/

Where they have the grinder all nestled in between the foam is where I'd like to have a cutout for the Ghost & then the other side could have a netting pocket on one side for an abv jar & elastic bands for 2 crucible holders & a stirrer on the other. Really, besides the vape, the c. holders & a stirrer what else do you need on the go for the day. If you save your abv, you can put the spent crucibles back in the holder & empty them when you get home or, if not, just throw it out. Don't know price as it's not due to be released until 11/1.

Welcome @Lawrence_ish & congrats on your purchase. In addition to what everyone else suggested, go over to forum.vapelife.com & under Categories is the Ghost MV-1. A ton of useful threads. But there's also a tremendous amount of contradictory info. because the vape's firmware had major issues upon rollout that is finally resolving itself now so take earlier posts with a grain-of-salt, Don't overthink it. All you have to do is find you sweet spot concerning weed (grind, moisture, packing) & for your draw. Do agree w/ @Brewervapesalot about cleaning. Unlike @SirCrackKillaH, I never rotate my crucibles & very rarely stir. If I do stir it'll be on the last 1 or 2 draws. Start at level 3 & go up & down from there. I get 5 or 6 hits off a crucible. I start on level 3; bump up to level 4 on last draw or 2 when I notice that the flavor is changing & I'm getting to the end of the bowl.

Besides sneakypete, puffitup.com also has a wpa. Sneakypete has a video on the item page showing the wpa in use. And there's a yt video using a whip.

skyvaper

UYdgRpE.jpg
6EmWhym.jpg
I may need mod assistance on this one.

BsRBMEH

Last edited:

skyvaper

Thanks @Summer. Ill have to dig out the wpa to take a pic but it just slips over the end of the mp. You can definitely fit another crucible dispenser in the main compartment with the vape too or several tubes. I used the same setup for my crafty so I knew this would work well. Sneakypete has a bubble straw too that looks interesting for water filtration. Completely unnecessary but another nice feature.

SirCrackKillaH

@Lawrence_ish, don't forget to explore their website for usage info.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Edge-Eye...MIrOClyc6W3gIViYqzCh2w_Qe0EAQYAiABEgK-kfD_BwE

Basic drawstring pouch for sunglasses. Fits the MV1 easily and you can fit a capsule case in there too but it will rub up against the vape. I usually just toss the vape in it. I do have other cases I use which you’ve seen before, those Nintendo cases, the capsule case.. but those all are a little too much to fit inside a top jeans pocket. Cargos sure... jeans.. nahhhh. Drawstring pouches enable easy carry in normal pockets without worry of scratches if there’s keys, change, whatever.

Slagzord

Don't fuckle with shuckle
So, I'm going to be getting one of these beasts and I'm greedily going through this thread and Vapelife and watching our own folks' reviews as often as I can. Learning lots and making this feel a wee bit wild.

That said, what have your experiences been with the heat sink. Is it something that one ought to have an extra on hand or can one get away with just having a solo? The thing looks sturdy af from the vids, but I've never seen a Ghost in the wild, so to say, and was wondering. I'm getting spare stems for fucking sure because I'm the worst :razz:

SirCrackKillaH

So, I'm going to be getting one of these beasts and I'm greedily going through this thread and Vapelife and watching our own folks' reviews as often as I can. Learning lots and making this feel a wee bit wild.

That said, what have your experiences been with the heat sink. Is it something that one ought to have an extra on hand or can one get away with just having a solo? The thing looks sturdy af from the vids, but I've never seen a Ghost in the wild, so to say, and was wondering. I'm getting spare stems for fucking sure because I'm the worst :razz:

I’ve got five heat sinks. I generally go through two or three a week and then clean all in one shot every two weeks. I just pop out the dirty one, pop in the new. Stupid easy. I wouldn’t say get five, but more than one is convenient. Batteries same thing. Being able to swap out for a fresh pack means you’ll never have to tether it to the wall. It’ll never die.
Summertime when I’d go out on mini-vacations on the weekends, having two full crucible holders and two battery packs carried me through the weekends.

The crucibles I cycle too. I have 17 of them. Every four to five days I’ll take the five out of the crucible holder and one I have in my case out and put them off to the side for cleaning. Toss the clean ones in. Every two weeks clean all that are dirty. EZ.

Last edited:

Slagzord

@SirCrackKillaH - amazing, thanks for the heads up! I will have to seriously consider a spare! This crucible system seems a lot different than the SB dosing caps, so I am very happy that the Ghost bundle comes with the holder. Great tip on washing all at once! I always mean to do it but my system is very ad hoc. Sometimes my dads caps get mixed in with mine when we hang out and he has brought along the Mighty, and jesus does that man get lax with his maintenance.

SirCrackKillaH

@SirCrackKillaH - amazing, thanks for the heads up! I will have to seriously consider a spare! This crucible system seems a lot different than the SB dosing caps, so I am very happy that the Ghost bundle comes with the holder. Great tip on washing all at once! I always mean to do it but my system is very ad hoc. Sometimes my dads caps get mixed in with mine when we hang out and he has brought along the Mighty, and jesus does that man get lax with his maintenance.

Compared to the dosing capsules, it’s pretty much the same concept but the crucibles can be handled in a shorter amount of time and the tops open without effort.
During a session where I’m taking my time and stirring due to a slight overpack or wet bud, I can take the lid off with my finger nails while leaving the crucible in the devices, stir, then put the lid back on and shut the device.
Or if I want to change crucibles, I can leave the door open for 10-20 seconds and the crucible will be cool enough to handle to swap out for a new without burning myself. The dosing capsules I’ve burned holes into my hands with thinking they were cool enough to handle when they weren’t, they take longer. The IQ glass spacer did the same thing to me. I dumped it onto my hand and it was one of those delayed feeling type things.. damned thing hurt man.. yeahh.. them crucibles are a little different. They get hot sure, but they cool down much much faster than these other doodads.

Summer

Long Island, NY
Here's another pic of that case I mentioned in my above post. I definitely want something just like this for my Ghost:

zeus-arc-portability.jpg

@Slagzord, the heat sink is durable as heck so it's not gonna break. The only advantage is if you want to have an extra one to swap out if it gets dirty & you don't want to jump on cleaning it or if you tear the silicone gasket. But it's really easy to clean it 1, 2, 3 by throwing everything except the silicone in ISO & taking a quick toothbrush scrub to it. Once dried, it's ready to go again.

The stem now is plastic, not glass, so unless you step on it, it won't break. The website is only selling the glass stems. Don't know when they are going to sell the plastic.

Right now they don't have the stealth black heat sink or mp for sale, so I'd hold out until they do, unless you want the chrome hs & clear glass mp. Maybe by the time the stealth black hs & stems are available a vape case may also be available.

I agree with SCH that having an extra battery to swap out is a must. And I would pick up a pkg. of crucibles. I like the crucible holder, but if you need to get by cheaply, you can pick up a 3D printed one from delta3dstuidios.com I have these also & they work well, especially since they are so compact if you only want to transport 1 - 4 crucibles.

So I say, get the device in hand, use it & if it's for you, then make further investment.

The thing looks sturdy af from the vids, but I've never seen a Ghost in the wild, so to say, and was wondering.

You can crack someone's skull with it. It's like a brick. I believe, having just read somewhere yesterday, that it weighs 400+ grams.

And at the top of this page is a pic gallery of the Stealth Black Ghost to make you go a little more wild. :D

https://thevape.guide/ghost-mv1-review/

Last edited:
https://thevape.guide/ghost-mv1-review/

This review does not get warranty right. It only mentions 2 years and not the 5 with registration. Also the stem is not glass now. Battery gets 100 draws? Where is that ghost or battery (seems some get this)? For me 3 ghosts and 6 batteries: max about 55 draws and my original one gets about 40.

Otherwise quite justifiably positive though they dont love the crucibles which I find a feature. Load multiple and switch when u want to change strain.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@ghostvapesofficial hey I just wanted to ask if Ghost will continue to offer a glass mp as an add-on accessory? I really hope so, I can see advantages in having both, depending on the situation. I know glass breaks and there are crazy tough plastics available but for me personally, at home I’d prefer glass all day.

I am loving this week’s entry requirements for your month-long Stealth Launch Extravaganza. So many classics listed by members already, it makes me love everyone just a little more! I’m looking at the entries going, “Like that one, that one, that one!” Can y’all imagine snapping our fingers and getting together for Cartoon Sundays, what a blast that would be! With no jet-lag! And I could test somebody’s MV1! :brow:
I hope you all are enjoying your days wherever you are! :leaf:

EDIT: Looking at the site, I couldn’t find any reference to the material of the MP, either glass, polycarbonate or whatever it is. If I win one, some backup glass stems are a definite; so twisted to be planning on must-have accessories for something that I don’t even own. :disgust: I’m sick..

Last edited:

Slagzord

@Summer amazing advice, the bundle with the fast charger/spare pack and crucible dispenser, I am sure, will serve me very fine. I'll deal with replacements as needed. I am quite fortunate to now always have far too many vapes to choose from should the sad day come where I need to wait for parts to repair this thing.

@SirCrackKillaH yeah, man, so many burns and melted things because of those damned things. I had a pair of silicon oven mitts in my session cave I'd keep around to handle them. :rofl:

Also, a huge shout out to @ghostvapesofficial for the wicked service that they have offered to me thus far. To highlight, I just won a contest and did not give them any money, and they have been super responsive and helpful. That augers well for me and other owners!

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Brewervapesalot said, "Did I mention October 21 is my birthday?! Seriously:)"

If it was really your birthday yesterday, then Happy Belated Birthday! :party: :cheers:

This review does not get warranty right. It only mentions 2 years and not the 5 with registration.

"2 years from the date of purchase, a period which will be extended to 5 years from the date of purchase upon registration of the Device with GHOST via the GHOST smartphone App (“The App”) or via the My Account section of the website within 90 days of the date of purchase."

Battery gets 100 draws?

Randy, puffitup, did a vid. a month ago wherein he said that he gets 35 - 50 hits per charge depending on temp. I'm sure he must have updated to the latest firmware. Wonder if the battery with new BS Ghost with the next firmware release will last longer.

Here's Randys video which gives a nice, straightforward beginners' tutorial:

And here's his shorty showing the SB Ghost:

Virgil, GV CS Rep, posted these snippets on VLF:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mog9egf0izenvgw/Sleep Mode and Vape Mode.MOV?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uk2oplfcr9bwzso/Incorrect Mode Button Operation.MOV?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ldg5q7kg0geskg6/Misfire.MOV?dl=0

Last edited:
Top Bottom