1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Ghost MV1

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by VCBud, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Brewervapesalot

Brewervapesalot Well-Known Member

Lol. The whole point was to point @Foretwintee to options other than MV1 or the mighty, as he said he was considering those but no one mentioned other conduction vapes.

Moreover, anyone reading my posts and others rebuttals can make a much more informed decision; those who love the MV1 have a hard time, dare I say almost impossible time, criticizing it..... and this isnt just a "love the MV1 thread."

sweetherb, Jill NYC and arb like this.
  2. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v4.0a (unstable) Staff Member

This is not helpful and could provoke a flame war. If someone breaks the rules, report it and do not respond. If you must reply, use a PM. If the rules aren't broken, ignore it and do not try to pick a fight.

Vitolo, arb and ohmygodimsohigh like this.
  3. Foretwintee

Foretwintee Member

I bought the MV1. If I don't like it I'll try the FW5. I'm a gadget guy and a tinkerer. I like to clean vapes for some reason. I go in to this purchase fully knowing that the mv1 has areas that need to be improved upon and I may get 5 duds in a row. I've been reviewing them a lot and I like what they are on to and hopefully the "mv2" has most the kinks worked out.

4. felon167inc

felon167inc Well-Known Member

I was keen on a ghost, but I have already got a hopper....
    After reading this thread it seems like a similar unit in terms of being good yet for enough people unreliable...
    I can only handle one money pit with great performance haphazardly....
    I did not make a choice over the ghost though, I just ended up with a hopper first..., I would like to try a ghost still...

5. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

Then a mod based vape like the Splinter, Splinter Z or StemPod might be right up your alley. And if you like to clean vapes then check out the Haze Square.

6. Foretwintee

Foretwintee Member

Definitely going to buy a Splinter.

I saw the take apart on the Haze and knew I'd love cleaning it and messing with it but it is lower on the list of purchases. Plus I hear they break easy and the metal bowls are flaking away.

Summer and Brewervapesalot like this.
  7. skyvaper

skyvaper Well-Known Member

Getting ready to head to Denver and the MV1 is packed and ready to go. No issues or questions asked and I brought the dispenser, extra battery, fast charger and heat sink as I went through security. All well cleaned of course but super excited as this is my first trip to the land of the free.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  8. Foretwintee

Foretwintee Member

Well butter my willy..... received my MV1 today and the thing is like a portable Vapexhale.... smooth, tasty, potent

9. acstorfer

acstorfer Take My Money Dammit!

My old Ghost died on me. I bought it used so no warranty unfortunately. MINNBOBBER worked with me and now I have my brand spanking new Ghost MV1. This thing works perfectly. All of the issues I had over my last one are gone. Yup, it jumped ahead of my Mighty for #1.

10. Mookie0608

Mookie0608 Active Member

I was really looking to get another vape one that’s on demand and I been reading that since I like taken just 1 draw at a time this one could be great. I have been reading and watching a video review videos and several people are saying “it hits harder then others vapes” “if you want to get kicked in the face use this vape it will pack a punch and hit you faster and harder then a freight train”.

Now I been vaping about half a year now and I still can get way to high. Still trying to adjust to it and trying to get highs to stop being so inconsistent. One session I get hit hard then the next 3 try to repeat same process and nothing occasionally I’ll still get hit with wtf did I just do. If his packs the punch many claim it does and after hearing u should really take the full 15 second draw when it tells you it’s done stop that will probably get me every time. 8 second draws are my comfort zone even stretching it to 10 can get me in trouble quickly. It passes but still there’s a certain point of being high I don’t do well with anxiety wise.

The mighty is my goto and has been ever since I switched to it from my pax. That one is the one that gets me in serious trouble fast. Seems like I can only get a real high with fast draws and a long deep inhale compared to a short second long quick inhale. Unless that’s why people take so many draws compared to all at once. I mean when I suck them in fast the bud is dark brown after just 1 draw

11. jardri

jardri Vapor Dreams

This is not the right thread but you are looking for a Flowerpot because it delivers the consistency you are seeking.

12. stickstones

stickstones Vapor concierge

@jardri - there's nothing on demand about a flowerpot.

@Mookie0608 - what temps do you like to vape at?

13. jardri

jardri Vapor Dreams

Sorry I don´t think I understand your statement. It has not instant heat-up but it is indeed on-demand vapor and it tickles all the points @Mookie0608 wants in his last post. Anyways this is off-topic so if you want to explain it to me privately I will love to hear your thoughts.

Jill NYC and Summer like this.
  14. stickstones

stickstones Vapor concierge

I was just referencing the heat up time of the flower pot...no worries!

Wildeyedzan and Jill NYC like this.
  15. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

@Mookie0608, besides the MV-1, take a look at the Splinter as both are regulated devices & (semi) portable. And although they are unregulated, do take a look at the Flowerpot & the Evo desktop units as they are convection.

16. Mookie0608

Mookie0608 Active Member

390 if I’m doing day time 365. Occasionally I’ll bump it up to 410 it gets intense but the body extra boost to body high is worth it. Mostly 390 though at night.

ShayWhiteGrow likes this.
  17. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

If anyone's around, especially @Mookie0608, & puffitup still has their current live IG stream up, fast forward 2/3s of the way cause Randy did a nice little review of the Ghost & I think it was spot on. And it was interesting to hear why the Ghost needs to have a proprietary battery.

*It was put up 11 hours ago from this post, but they don't necessary keep it up for the full 24-hours as sometimes will replace it with their current daily stream.

MinnBobber likes this.
  18. Mookie0608

Mookie0608 Active Member

Think I hate the most with the videos and reviews and vaping in general is u have no clue what people are doing as far as how are they pulling the vapor.

19. MinnBobber

MinnBobber Well-Known Member

Ghost update: it is hard hard hitter at 340F !!! I never vape at this low temp but was experimenting with it and for grins, went with one yellow temp, 340F. Holy crap--the effects surprised the hell out of me and it was even a big (for me) vapor cloud.
    Kudos to Ghost on this aspect. And the hits were very tastey and huge with no harshness/ no throat tickle, etc.
    Pleasant pleasant surprise. :) x 10

20. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

@MinnBobber, pleased to hear that between your 8/5 post & now that you are happy with the Ghost. It's still my #1. It's a wonderful vape, especially for a microdoser.

And how are you feeling about the crucibles now? For me, using them has become 2nd nature & I like them just fine.

Vitolo, Alexis, stickstones and 2 others like this.
  21. MinnBobber

MinnBobber Well-Known Member

It does get easier to work with the crucibles--putting in and taking out is now easy.
    That said, I'm not a fan of the crucible design: it's ok but way below miniVAP Flexicone modules (#1 in my book)

1. bottom of crucible, IMO the holes are too big. Not a huge deal but more smaller holes = better
    2. side of crucible, ceramic. I do like the ceramic a lot as it seems to cool very quickly.
    3. top lid of SS with holes punched in it.
    - I hate any crucible lid that is mostly metal with holes in it, as all that metal is a goo magnet which then becomes
    an ABV magnet to collect and get dirty. IMO, lids need to be SS wire screens!

So I sometimes put fine wire screen in bottom of crucible. This does NOT impede airflow but helps guarantee
    no ABV particles go out the bottom.
    Above the herbs, I had played with tiny hemp filters to keep the SS lid 10X cleaner but now I'm into an experimental
    phase with "hemp tea filter" material as the "paper filter" material--placed under the SS lid, it also
    keeps the SS lid free of vapor goo and ABV. And keeps the wonderful MV-1 heat sink assembly/mouthpiece
    10X cleaner.

Crucibles could be better IMO, BUT this piece really gets one medicated to the max and the vapor is so incredibly smooth/ not harsh that you can take a mega-hit and wonder---did I get much at all/ didn't feel like it?---and then exhale a big-ass cloud and go WTF, that was a huge hit....and then the effect hits and yikes...
    It has a lot going for it!

Vitolo, Alexis, tonuzzi and 3 others like this.
  22. jezmund

jezmund Well-Known Member

Thought I’d post a little review. My first Ghost MV-1 had a funny taste and the coil was starting to char and darken the material next to it. I wasn’t sure if this vape was going to work out. They replaced it.

My second one is fantastic! I love it. One of the things I love most about it is actually the crucible system. Since I never finish a whole crucible in one sesh, I can have a few going at a time and just pop in the strain I feel like and be in and out so quickly when I need to be.

For me, this really is the way easier to use, more reliable, more powerful version of the FF2 I used to have.

23. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

I have been working with the Ghost MV1
    It is an intricate system, with a bit of a learning curve.
    The system is well thought out, and the crucibles hold a respectable amount of meds.
    I have no smart phone, but I am dialing in the proper usage using the pre-sets on it.
    Today I will devote more time to studying the MV1.

skyvaper, felon167inc, Alexis and 2 others like this.
  24. ShayWhiteGrow

ShayWhiteGrow vAPEhOPPER

It is my daily out and about driver. I enjoy the high temp hits capable because of the cooling air mixing mp.:tup:

slcbdco, skyvaper, Alexis and 5 others like this.
  25. ghostvapesofficial

ghostvapesofficial Company Rep

Hey guys! Apologies that we haven't been around much on FC, but you will now be able to reach us here regularly ...no more bouncing between forums to get your questions answered.

2018 has been both exciting and challenging for GHOST. After an admittedly bumpy release for the MV1, we halted production, circled the wagons and went to work on the issues reported from early adopters.

The latest production units are performing magnificently and we are receiving rave reviews everywhere we turn.

We’ve listened to your feedback, which has been instrumental and cannot thank you enough. As a responsible manufacturer that is serious about this industry, we are always making improvements to our products. All new production units now include the latest heat sink, improved tolerances, new door switch mechanisms, highly durable & tactile matt UV reverse finishes - and updated firmware.

On Monday, we will post details around an exciting new product and giveaway contest that is so dope we can’t even tell you what it is yet!

Thanks for giving us the opportunity of getting to know all of you better here on FC!

GHOST Vapes official

Nerissa

O-G-Reg, Baron23, VCBud and 13 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors