• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Ghost MV1

Summer

Long Island, NY
It does not seem to me you are drawing too hard, yet hard enough to keep air circulating through the heater. I sure it's the unit. The one I replaced did the same thing. Got through 1 crucible & then after the 1st or 2nd hit of the 2nd crucible it would overheat. My preferred level is starting with 3 & ending the bowl with a hit or 2 on level 4. I would try it just to see if you still overheat at the lower temps like Labpong & I previously suggested. But remember, with lower temp you need to reduce you draw speed accordingly.

Brewervapesalot

I dont think the draw has anything to do with it. Drawing slower and softer I've tested. There isn't any difference. Plus I just dont enjoy long super slow draws. The unit has little draw resistance, and I like that; it's among the best selling points. 5 to 10 second draw should be fine IMO. If ghost tells me it's the draw, this vape is not for me.

But the plot does thicken:

Video of level 2 amber: https://ufile.io/qk91e

Cliff notes is I left it on level 2 amber the whole time and vaped four chambers in about 15 minutes before an overheat. Now four chambers in 15 minutes is pretty solid use for one person. But with a few people, in a social situation, that's par for the course.... so this may or may not be ok.

Anyway, the first chamber was light and tasty. The next three were very tasty with solid vapor production. It did overheat on the fourth chamber, but i really enjoyed the session (was spending the afternoon with in-laws and this was perfect beforehand... lol).

I did notice the unit just seems to get warmer and clouds bigger even though the temperature setting was not changed...

Maybe I just vape at level 2 amber. That got me 4 tasty crucibles. But it seems a shame that level 1 and 2 red are off limits unless ok with an overheat after 2-3 crucibles. In a social situation this unit will fail, no doubt about it.

Update:

So I definitely think something is funky. I came from the in-laws and vaped two crucibles on level two amber. Used the same battery as before in the video. No over heating, but basically no clouds either .

Next, I switched out the battery for a fresh one. I lowered the heat setting to level one amber. Bam--big clouds! I then finish that crucible and get into another and overheat....

So there isn't much logic behind some of this. Yes, a new battery makes a difference with these vapes. But the unit has to be funky because I got level red 2 clouds when the unit was on level amber 1... then it overheated on level amber 1.

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
Good Videos. Still think it's your vape as it shouldn't overheat on level 3 during the 4th crucible. Maybe @Baron23 is right; maybe it's only a matter of decreasing heat levels across the board. I do recall there being a way to increase & decrease heat level across the board. Even though mine was overheating, I always felt that the unit ran cool, but I was afraid to attempt the adjustment without w/o being in a skype CS situation -- was afraid I'd screw it up. So I never did it.

Keep us apprised of how this is being progressing with GV CS.

@arb, you don't get it: Brewer likes the vape, regardless that it's a $300 vape as you've alluded to it price in 3 of your 5 posts here on this thread. He just wants a properly functioning one OR to know if it will never be able to handle the way he vapes so he can move on. Since it's apparent that you don't think the vape is worth $295, why are you even following this thread & posting snide remarks?

Brewervapesalot

You should receive a apology and full refund for wasting your time.

There was an element of wasting my time (last December and January the customer support was very slow to react). But, at this point I'm committed. @Summer is exactly right in what I am trying to do and the effort I think is worth it.

I appreciate everyone's help and suggestions.

The vape could be my go to for a bit. Its performance is impressive. Its reliability is not thus far though. New product new company, I signed up for that the moment I bought it.

Ghost has responded well on the last couple units, and I don't have complaints there.

You're right that they need to responsive, and the tone should be apologetic; I ordered my original unit last September.........and still.......waiting ........ for the vaporizer to show me its best (or show me that it can work 50% of the time)....

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
But, at this point I'm committed. @Summer is exactly right in what I am trying to do and the effort I think is worth it.

Its performance is impressive.

New product new company, I signed up for that the moment I bought it.

.........and still.......waiting ........ for the vaporizer to show me its best (or show me that it can work 50% of the time)....

You hit the nail on the head, Brewer. This has unfortunately been the experience of a good # of Ghost owners. But we realized the vape's potential because when she hits, she's absolutely the best. That's why we've all stuck it out -- baring the frustration & impatience with the length of resolution time. But I can say that most everyone seems to have made it out the other side -- with a vape we adore. I know it's hard, but hang in, it will work itself out for you.

arb

Semi shaved ape
As previously mentioned, accusations of shilling is not allowed. If you don't have anything positive to add to this thread, please refrain from posting.
Good Videos. Still think it's your vape as it shouldn't overheat on level 3 during the 4th crucible. Maybe @Baron23 is right; maybe it's only a matter of decreasing heat levels across the board. I do recall there being a way to increase & decrease heat level across the board. Even though mine was overheating, I always felt that the unit ran cool, but I was afraid to attempt the adjustment without w/o being in a skype CS situation -- was afraid I'd screw it up. So I never did it.

Keep us apprised of how this is being progressing with GV CS.

@arb, you don't get it: Brewer likes the vape, regardless that it's a $300 vape as you've alluded to it price in 3 of your 5 posts here on this thread. He just wants a properly functioning one OR to know if it will never be able to handle the way he vapes so he can move on. Since it's apparent that you don't think the vape is worth $295, why are you even following this thread & posting snide remarks?

Well since you ask..........I think it was released way too early.
I think it was released knowing full well the issues and problems.
I think they paid quite a few people to schill for them.
I think my opinions just as valid as theirs having used the unit........don't you?

LabPong

I think my opinions just as valid as theirs having used the unit........don't you?

I would not say people shilled for them....if you had one that worked correctly....you would know why it has such high recommendations and also why it has low recommendations because people got units that did not work correctly. So if you know for sure what type of MV1 any certain reviewer or user has/had.....you would have a good idea in reality. But that is not possible to know who had messed up vapes and or did not understand how to use it correctly or did not know if it was defective.

I was on board from the start with the MV1.....it was awesome for me even though it had some small quirks with making it work and function that some might not like as it would seem too fussy.

My unit worked extremely well and never overheated. It ran hot too.....I always used Amber 1 and Amber 2 and it was more than enough vapor and strong enough.

I ended up using the buy back guarantee for one reason......I am super sensitive and could taste the silicone too much. Other than that.....I would still be using one. I used it for over 3 months almost daily....so I know it well.

I think Ghost has a problem with this thing being too controlled by software and it is not always consistent from vape to vape. I would just keep allowing Ghost to replace units that are not functioning well until you get one that works good.

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg
I would not say people shilled for them....if you had one that worked correctly....you would know why it has such high recommendations and also why it has low recommendations because people got units that did not work correctly. So if you know for sure what type of MV1 any certain reviewer or user has/had.....you would have a good idea in reality. But that is not possible to know who had messed up vapes and or did not understand how to use it correctly or did not know if it was defective.

I was on board from the start with the MV1.....it was awesome for me even though it had some small quirks with making it work and function that some might not like as it would seem too fussy.

My unit worked extremely well and never overheated. It ran hot too.....I always used Amber 1 and Amber 2 and it was more than enough vapor and strong enough.

I ended up using the buy back guarantee for one reason......I am super sensitive and could taste the silicone too much. Other than that.....I would still be using one. I used it for over 3 months almost daily....so I know it well.

I think Ghost has a problem with this thing being too controlled by software and it is not always consistent from vape to vape. I would just keep allowing Ghost to replace units that are not functioning well until you get one that works good.

I'm now on my 3rd MV1, and finally (knock on wood) have one that works properly. The Bluetooth module failed on both of my previous units so hopefully this one doesn't fail with current firmware. I use it exclusively for herb on Red 1 and so far its been working really good.

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
Hi all

I bought my Ghost last week on Craigslist. It overheated the first night!!!!! I did a “temporary” fix, and it overheated again just this morning!!!!!

And now for the rest of the story. I freakin love this thing! I do have an issue with the door closing properly, but if I apply slight downward or upward pressure while closing it’s no problem 90% of the time. As far as the overheating, I took the heat sink apart. It was nasty as hell! The “temporary” fix I mentioned earlier, I cleaned it. Today it overheated. I took it apart. It was nasty as hell. Moral of the story, clean every two to three days of very heavy use. I have things to say about it, but it’s the king of the mountain as far as I’m concerned. Okay, I wish the base was 3” longer, and the mouthpiece was another 2” or 3” longer with a Jedi Blue or Empire Red LED light. It would make for an insanely cool lightsaber. Although shoving the blade of a lightsaber down one’s throat would be very reminiscent of that Sith Extremist Group that committed mass suicide down in Kessel about 60 or 70 years ago.

You all wanted a lightsaber at one point of your life, every single one of you. We all want a lightsaber now, so it might as well be a vaporizer too. I can’t be the only one thinking this.

Oh wait, I’m a 50 year old man who named his dog Chewie so maybe it is only me?

Chewie post bath (he’s too cute not to show)

skyvaper

Hi all

I bought my Ghost last week on Craigslist. It overheated the first night!!!!! I did a “temporary” fix, and it overheated again just this morning!!!!!

And now for the rest of the story. I freakin love this thing! I do have an issue with the door closing properly, but if I apply slight downward or upward pressure while closing it’s no problem 90% of the time. As far as the overheating, I took the heat sink apart. It was nasty as hell! The “temporary” fix I mentioned earlier, I cleaned it. Today it overheated. I took it apart. It was nasty as hell. Moral of the story, clean every two to three days of very heavy use. I have things to say about it, but it’s the king of the mountain as far as I’m concerned. Okay, I wish the base was 3” longer, and the mouthpiece was another 2” or 3” longer with a Jedi Blue or Empire Red LED light. It would make for an insanely cool lightsaber. Although shoving the blade of a lightsaber down one’s throat would be very reminiscent of that Sith Extremist Group that committed mass suicide down in Kessel about 60 or 70 years ago.

You all wanted a lightsaber at one point of your life, every single one of you. We all want a lightsaber now, so it might as well be a vaporizer too. I can’t be the only one thinking this.

Oh wait, I’m a 50 year old man who named his dog Chewie so maybe it is only me?

Chewie post bath (he’s too cute not to show)

YES. Just YES!!

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
Hello boys and girls. Yogi the (D.A.R.E.) Bear here to rap with all you kiddies. It’s gonna be cool bras. It’s gonna be freaky.

First off I’m “bear”y new to vaping. When it comes to the inhalation of dry herbs I’m old school. In fact here’s a picture of me about to pack the ProtoPipe I bought 22+ years ago. While I was about to get started Boo Boo asked me “but Yogi, what about the combustion?” I said “well Boo Boo fuck combustion!”

Today we’re gonna talk the Ghost MV1. Before the nitty gritty all herbs were ground to a medium courseness with my SLX 2.0

What can I say, I hated this thing for the first 36 hours. I hated the stupid crucibles. I hated the stupid app. I hated it’s stupid face! I was just about to find a better use for this thing...

Then on hour 37 all the stars aligned and I fell in love with it. There was a huge learning curve. When it all comes together it’s insane and it’s the best. Until you get use to it, when things aren’t in tune it’s a whole bunch of asking yourself if you got a hit or not.

Now what is the drink of the man who uses the Ghost MV1?

The person who owns the Ghost MV1 is the douchebag millennial who walks into the overly trendy bar and orders the girlie vodka drink (while making sure everyone heard him ordering top shelf vodka). Here’s the thing though, he may be a douchebag millennial, but Grey Goose is some damn tasty vodka and the Ghost MV1 is an awesome vaporizer.

Now for the automobile section of our show. I asked my good friend Chewie to join us.

I’ll talk vehicles with the copilot of the Millennium Falcon anytime.

Chewie and I discussed it and we decided the car the MV1 owner would drive would definitely be a true Gran Turismo. A car that was built to go great distances, at great speed, and in excessive comfort and luxury. It’s the car that exemplifies (symbolically of course) the yummy deliciousness and efficiency of the Firefly 2 with the knock you on the ass “force” of the Mighty. Just like a Grand Tourer is almost a true sports car and luxury car in one, but not quite, the Ghost is almost all the Firefly 2 and Mighty is in one, but not quite. While Chewbacca and I both agreed on the Aston Martin DB11, my producer Ranger acstorfer reminded me he’s a Jag man, so the official car of the Ghost MV1 owner is the 1998 Jaguar XK8 Convertible.

This is actually the perfect vehicle to represent the MV1. When all things align, when the herb is good and has the perfect amount of moisture, when the draw is at the perfect speed for the perfect length of time, when the straw is at the perfect spot for the perfect resistance, and when the battery is at the perfect charge, the Ghost MV1 is amazing. It is the king. If the maintenance isn’t performed properly (just like the XK8) you got a big pile making you think what the hell is wrong with it now.

Anyway, Ranger acstorfer uses it as his only car, but he doesn’t have to use that car to be anywhere he needs to be at specific times. If he needed to be places he’d have a more practical and reliable car.

I really love the Ghost. I even recommend it which says a lot considering it’s price. Until now the most expensive vaporizer I would recommend to a friend was the Dynavap M at $60.00. Actually I’d recommend the xl titanium version because the M is short, not much space to hold it, because it gets hot.

Alright boys & girls, Yogi here saying to all of you to fight the power and get your freak on. Catch you next time as we discuss vaporizers, spirits, and cars with you and my friends. I wonder which of my friends will surprise us next?

Okay, this would be seriously awesome to do with a video camera and assistants.

Brewervapesalot

This is not an invalid opinion. Maybe over-stated to some degree. But I am sure some totally agree.

I think that some people may not have known that issues would be likely. But I think that was the vast minority. I see about a thousand people downloaded the app, maybe a bit more. Those thousand people are a niche and likely familiar with forums like this.

Personally, I certainly knew there was a very good chance of issues and returns--new product from a new company--how could anyone on this forum not know that?

But you're right that some people were paid to advertise and (maybe/probably) some small percentage of people purchased without a full understanding. I have no problem with paid advertising or spokesman. Fish gotta swim, people gotta eat. Also there's an aspect of "buyer beware." A bit of research on the product before buying certainly would have informed any potential customer of what we knew: new company new product, so expect there might be issues. Complaining about buying a $300 anything that you didnt investigate falls on deaf ears if you ask me.

The initial release was also pretty limited too, and had ghost not got cash flow going maybe the company would have had larger problems or the initial price would have been higher.

As long as ghost honors returns and provides good support, I personally have no problem with the company or how the release went down. It is giving a five year warranty... that ain't peanuts. And it's not like the units are burning down anything or hurting anyone. At most someone like me gets a defective product, which is a half truth because it just doesnt work all of the time.

The unit when working it's really, really good is what I mean. Yes, it should work all the time but anyone who says they should not sell them because some minority percentage may be defective -- has never run a large business with shareholders and investors to answer to.

Also, like Vapexhale and its original (ticker) unit--which u can't get anymore and which i think was the best the company has ever made--i wanted in on the original. So there was definitely that thought that crossed my mind when I purchased from ghost; get the original as the follow ups may not be as good. (I was wrong on this point as to ghost, admittedly, but I willingly took the chance).

I'm also getting near instant responses to my emails from ghost, and aside from last winter (somewhat around the holidays) I have zero complaints as to customer service. It's new technology and not every company is (or wants to be) Apple that R & D's until blue in the face, patents everything, and charges an arm and a leg (thus excluding many customers).

Overall, ghost and mv1 isnt much different than many companies and roll outs. They got something good though and the customer service is better than most.

Hell, they are overnighting my stuff now, so I doubt they're making any money on me at this point. I can't condemn this company, rather I'll support them. @Summer explained why I am, and others, are hanging in there perfectly.

That said, @arb, I do understand your perspective though and its valid. Your opinion also is a reminder to companies to err on treating customers well.

Ghost has done that to the point of being exceptional and this is from someone who has returned a few units....

Update:
Latest unit got three crucibles on level 2 amber, one crucible on level 3 amber, then overheated. I switch the battery to new fresh one and then got one full crucible and about two draws on another.

Ghost is on top of it, so just an fyi.

Last edited:

darbarikanada

I think that some people may not have known that issues would be likely.

unfortunately, with this vape, vape critic posted those incredibly positive reviews - which made it sound like an issue-free, easy-to-master vape.

new product from a new company--how could anyone on this forum not know that?

this would indeed be true - if not for those reviews. I've followed this thread for a long time and still don't understand how vc could've had such a positive experience given what followed.

for the record, I don't think bud (vape critic) was being dishonest.

Last edited:
darbarikanada,
Reactions: arb

junny89

I was one of the first to get the mv1.
I knew it was a new mod and decided wth and just bought it (pre order)
However the unit VC had was a proper functioning unit.
It took me 2 goes to get a correctly working unit and can see where VC got his impressions from.
You don't need to take his word for it, check sneaky pete, he classes it as the best of the best. When more than one reviewer raves on about something generally speaking it's true.
Yes alot of us encountered problems along the way, as is with everything. However the customer support is on par and I got my new unit pretty quickly.
Unfortunately sometimes things don't pan out the way you want and you just got to keep you're head down and correct it.
Any review unit was and is functioning like it should. However when it came time to open up to customers they did indeed notify people that there are some issues straight from the factory.
Open , honest and clear. Anyone who still went even after having the option to cancel, we're aware of these issues. I indeed did have issues but right now I'm loving this thing as my unit is in working order.

Stay positive and everything will indeed fall in to place. Sometimes just a bit longer but oh well.

Haze had similar issues, again I was a early adopter but luckily I got a fully working square pro, where other early adopters had issues. But I was told there could be issues but I still went ahead with it.

I'm from the UK so you can imagine all the costs to these companies to send replacements out to me multiple times like Ghost did.

Lozo

I am on my third unit here and am experiencing very similar problems to @Brewervapesalot . I put it back on the shelf and it's been collecting dust since but hoping to get another unit sent out soon. Figured I'd wait a few months to see if anything had been updated....had all the new heat sink parts and new MV1 bodies / batteries all with the same result. The first unit seemed to work the best for me but had battery issues so that got sent back....I'm still keeping positive though.

I am on my third unit here and am experiencing very similar problems to @Brewervapesalot . I put it back on the shelf and it's been collecting dust since but hoping to get another unit sent out soon. Figured I'd wait a few months to see if anything had been updated....had all the new heat sink parts and new MV1 bodies / batteries all with the same result. The first unit seemed to work the best for me but had battery issues so that got sent back....I'm still keeping positive though.
What battery issues did u have.

MonsterWithoutBorders,

Brewervapesalot

unfortunately, with this vape, vape critic posted those incredibly positive reviews - which made it sound like an issue-free, easy-to-master vape.

this would indeed be true - if not for those reviews. I've followed this thread for a long time and still don't understand how vc could've had such a positive experience given what followed.

for the record, I don't think bud (vape critic) was being dishonest.

Vapecritic is paid and upfront about that. If I was ghost and he criticized the unit, I would have fired him.... He's paid to help sell units. There is nothing wrong with that. I guess I dont understand why anyone thinks any review of anything posted on the internet is not an advertisement and motivated for financial and/or personal gain?? The reviewers that are not upfront about their interest in products, financial, or otherwise, I assume are hiding something. Nobody works for free or without personal gain, I dont care what they say... that's the way it should be... working for free is neither rewarding nor sustainable for anyone that is good at what they do.

Vapecritic is unique and willing to buy back units if you rely on his opinion and dont like the product. This was his way of being true to those who rely on his opinion while at the same time keeping his job/gig with ghost by downplaying/ignoring reliability issues... in other words, his review was true as to units that were not defective.

Last edited:

darbarikanada

I guess I dont understand why anyone thinks any review of anything posted on the internet is not an advertisement and motivated for financial and/or personal gain??

eventually the truth comes out; a good reviewer's credibility counts for something, which is why people read their reviews, but if people's experiences don't match a positive review...

take restaurants: if a new place gets a great review, people show up in droves, but - famously - someone who has a bad experience at a restaurant tells 7 people, but if they have a good one, they only tell 1. in the end, 'word of mouth' determines if the restaurant survives long-term.

personally, I don't envy reviewers (of anything); you're bound to make a lot of enemies. just my $.02

caliganja420

Hey all i am a Mighty and Volcano user, love them both dearly as my daily drivers
I really like the Ghost MV1, it would be a good addition
Judging by the few previous pages, it seems to me like there are still a lot of problems with the unit (like the haze square)
Is this because it was realeased to quick and they didint have enough time to develop it?
I have been thru 3 Mightys in 4 months so it seems like all these units failing could be bad luck? Lol
Seems like the Ghost is the only other vape out there like the Mighty in terms of big clouds

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
Hey all i am a Mighty and Volcano user, love them both dearly as my daily drivers
I really like the Ghost MV1, it would be a good addition
Judging by the few previous pages, it seems to me like there are still a lot of problems with the unit (like the haze square)
Is this because it was realeased to quick and they didint have enough time to develop it?
I have been thru 3 Mightys in 4 months so it seems like all these units failing could be bad luck? Lol
Seems like the Ghost is the only other vape out there like the Mighty in terms of big clouds
I have both the Mighty and the Ghost. It’s weird, the Ghost is my favorite, but if I could have only one it’s the Mighty. I do have some minor issue with the door, but other than that it runs wonderfully. While I’m sure there are some units out there that are faulty, I really think most of the “issues” are purely from people who don’t know what they’re doing. There’s a lot of technique with these convection vaporizers. Even with my Firefly 2 it still took me 36 hours to understand the Ghost. Well there is something with my batteries where one bar isn’t even close to power as three bars (I mean powerful to heat up crucible). With the two batteries and the quick charger this has never come close to being an issue. Also, because I bought used I can’t know for sure if the original owner initially charged the batteries correctly.

It’s one of those things where when everything is perfect, it’s spectacular. It demolishes all other vaporizers. When one tiny thing is wrong, you wish you brought any other vaporizer with you. It’s an awesome vaporizer, you just really have to know it well to keep it running it’s best.

caliganja420

I have both the Mighty and the Ghost. It’s weird, the Ghost is my favorite, but if I could have only one it’s the Mighty. I do have some minor issue with the door, but other than that it runs wonderfully. While I’m sure there are some units out there that are faulty, I really think most of the “issues” are purely from people who don’t know what they’re doing. There’s a lot of technique with these convection vaporizers. Even with my Firefly 2 it still took me 36 hours to understand the Ghost. Well there is something with my batteries where one bar isn’t even close to power as three bars (I mean powerful to heat up crucible). With the two batteries and the quick charger this has never come close to being an issue. Also, because I bought used I can’t know for sure if the original owner initially charged the batteries correctly.

It’s one of those things where when everything is perfect, it’s spectacular. It demolishes all other vaporizers. When one tiny thing is wrong, you wish you brought any other vaporizer with you. It’s an awesome vaporizer, you just really have to know it well to keep it running it’s best.

I feel the mighty is so consistent every time, i just turn it on, you can hit it hard or slow, everytime you get a huge rip and one bowl last over 10 hits
Maybe its the on demand convection that they havent perfected yet
I would like to wait and see if they do fix all these issues

Summer

Long Island, NY
Blah...sounds like there are still issues with MV1. I don't want to pay for something that is hit or miss.

Thank you for sharing. In answer to your statement -- "so don't!" ;) :D

This is absolutely ridiculous. I love my Ghost, but there are plenty of convection & hybrid vapes that produce wonderful clouds. Check out any of the vapes that have been released in my Spoiler, even the ones that I want to try once. Most produce great vapor.

Top Bottom