1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Ghost MV1

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by VCBud, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

You're question is OT, but for a simple answer, before we conclude this discussion all-together: it is the MV's design (having googled & seen it for the 1st time) which doesn't appeal to me. It's the Solo; that cylindrical body with a straw. It's not the style of vape I choose to relax with. Vape design choice, being subjective, is like having an alcoholic drink -- to most, the glass does matter. The glass can either make or break the enjoyment of the drink. :nod:

And how come beer drinkers don't use beer glasses at home anymore? It's such an elegant presentation of a good beer. ;)

Why? Remember, I said vape style is subjective above? So for some, the Ghost is preferable to the PAX. Not weird at all. You're making a judgment based on your taste & perception.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  2. aniceto

aniceto Member

is the outcome of my "taste and perception" that that person earns money for that review?.. for a person whose priorities are portability, look, discreetness, design, size, bulkiness, etc... I can't see how that person can go from the PAX to the MV1.. weird to say the least.

MV1 and MiniVap they both fit the same niche, still the MiniVap hasn't got one single review (after 10+ years in the market?) from the most important reviewers out there while the MV1 got them before even released…with really high scores in all of them by the way… WEIRD

MinnBobber, arb and sweetherb like this.
  3. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

Well, to each his own. I love my MV1, & as I previously posted, or at least I think I did, that out of my 4 vapes which I love equally, if I could only have 1 it would be the Ghost for sure. And, I assure you that I'm not weird.

And I don't know what you mean that a person makes money for reviews in the context of your 1st quote. :hmm:

4. aniceto

aniceto Member

by the way, just in case, I wasn't talking about you when I said:

"I would at least suspect of a person that a few years ago argued the PAX to be his absolute favourite due to portability, look and discreetnes and now is considering the MV1 to be the absolute best… weird"

just in case..

I wouldn't trust the most important reviewers reviews blindy.. just be careful

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2018
    arb likes this.
  5. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

Yes, but maybe this guy sees what I see in the Ghost, &, as such, he prefers it, however odd that might be to you. Doesn't mean he completely threw the PAX over, just put it on the backburner. Maybe I could at least understand your position if you it had said the IQ.

6. aniceto

aniceto Member

nah, there's just money involved, it's fairly obvious

MiniVap and Mistvape Touch won't even belong to the top 25 best portable vapes list of 2018 for some reviewers.... ROFL... it just feels like MistVape touch and MiniVap didn't pay those guys, nothing more

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2018
    arb likes this.
  7. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

Let's please keep this thread on topic and not continue down the rabbit hole of discussing the business model of vape reviewers. Didn't we just go through this just one page ago? Enough.

:peace:

8. aniceto

aniceto Member

Oops, I guess I opened my mouth too much already.. won't happen again ^^. I'll just shhh

I hadn't read the previous whole page at all, I just read the guy I quoted.. apparently I'm not nuts or paranoid or the only guy who thinks that.. We Will all have to shut up for now these parts apparently…

best of luck you all MV1 owners

arb likes this.
  9. skyvaper

skyvaper Well-Known Member

I'm truly sorry for anyone who is not enjoying this vape. I hope everyone finds a vape that fits their needs as this one does for me. Still going strong on my replaced MV1. I'm still looking at how reliable this vape will be in the long run but based on how my unit at 6 months worked out of all my initial launch vapes it lasted the longest (My initial unit had a cosmetic issue and they just replaced it but it worked just as well as the the replacement). This includes the crafty, mighty and grasshopper. I also really appreciate their level of service and care. Why they stand out based on my experience with HL, S&B and ghost is because with S&B it's very simple which is good but it's very robotic. Send a request, get an automated response to send your vape in and get a replacement or quote to fix. Again not a bad experience just impersonal. With HL it's been inconsistent. Aside from holding my hopper in rma for 6 months, responses are very slow and filled at times with misinformation especially when it comes with estimates. Ghost via the VLF has several people that follow up and really made sure I was taken care of when needed. I took a risk on this vape and I invested in this product and the ghost team has made me feel like I made a good investment and I can trust that they will continue to stand by their product. Now here are some things that they can improve on. The rubberized finish needs to be addressed as their are spots where it has degraded. They still need to work on power management with an update through the app as there is a drop once the battery goes below two bars. The heatsink is not foolproof and you do need to check after assembly that it is completely sealed. The crucible lid clogging can cause performance issues but is a non issue if you have the dispenser with the 5 extra crucibles. My final suggestion is that for the price point the fast charger and crucible dispenser should be included those add so much to the experience I think they would justify the investment in this product.

Wildcat, Summer, arb and 2 others like this.
  10. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

@skyvaper, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the Ghost as much as I am.

In my previous post I advised that shortly GV is gonna sell the pad & lids individually so you can pick up some lids so if your lid clogs before the crucible is exhausted you can just pop a clean one on.

While I agree with you that the fast charger should be included with the vape, not so for the crucible holder. Being realistic, they gotta make money on accessory sales, & I for one do not need the crucible holder.

I asked ghost-ops/Dave about an e-cig type silicone sheath for the vape as mine has some scratches on the front from throwing it in my pocket to take outside for use in the yard. Needless to say, my pockets are filled with other crap like car keys. :doh: I haven't had any issues with the rubberized backing peeling yet, but the silicone sheath will prevent that the peeling.

His reply, "The 'sheath' idea has been drawn up but will likely come after the carry 'case'."

I'm assuming you have the 1st version of the mouthpiece assembly. If so, you'll be very happy when version 2 is available. Here is what he said, "As for the mouthpieces/heat sinks, due to different models/colors shipping at different rates these will start being 'standard' at different times depending on finish, but we're doing our best to ensure these times are as aligned as possible; plus the single 'new' heatsinks will also soon be available for those customers who want them."

I think I get about 4 or 5 crucibles before the battery drops to 2 lights (I'll have to make note). As I'm a light user with lower tolerance, I only do 2, rarely 3, crucibles during the course of a day, and since I rotate between 4 vapes about 4 days/wk, I'm not cognizant of any battery power management issues. When it gets down to 1 light, I charge. But I do have a 2nd battery that is always fully charged. Since my bluetooth on my phone is turned off, there is no noticeable battery depletion. I've been keeping track &, so far, it's been 2 weeks & my fully charged battery still shows 3 lights.

11. yeemark123

yeemark123 Member

I get about the same battery life ^ as said prior. I kinda am pist I bought a fast charger, an extra battery, and this vape in general. I get ghost hits about half the time and I don't know why I have to "pre draw" to get it warmed up.

Please do not refer me to the troubleshoot page haha (already used all the methods recommend), and still have ghost hit issues.

I don't think this vape was ever really ready to be released the way it is. The price is too much for what it is. Fully regret my purchase tbh.

sickmanfraud and arb like this.
  12. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

@yeemark123, 1/2 the time, when turning the vape on for the 1st heat cycle from a cold start, I'll just press the button & let it run through the 1st cycle without drawing to heat through the herb. It is after all a convection vape. Have you contacted CS for help?

13. yeemark123

yeemark123 Member

I have not because idk what they would tell me. I don't mean to brag but I see a ton of design flaws with their system (as a mechanical engineering student it urks me lol). I hate having to fiddle with a vape that costs me a fortune; should just work if I am paying 400 bucks for the whole works.

eaglesgift and arb like this.
  14. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

I agree, but if they can't get it working satisfactorily you can insist on a replacement unit. And you would be foolish after spending $400 not to rectify this.

15. yeemark123

yeemark123 Member

I plan to contact them next week (after finals week). Do you know if they offer refunds for none satisfactory experiences?

arb likes this.
  16. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

No, refunds, credit. So don't know what good that will do you. I still think you should send a direct link to ghost-ops on the VLF to begin with telling him that troubleshooting tips you've tried & hear what he has to say. As I said, the v2 mp is coming out shortly so that may resolve your ghost hits.

yeemark123 likes this.
  17. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

So, I'm not going to tell you to check the troubleshooting page. But I will say that I personally know many people whose MV1 works extremely well and consistently including my two. And I don't do a pre-heat draw.

I will suggest you open a ticket with Ghost as, since there are many out there that work very well, I can only assume that yours is malfunctioning and will need to be warranty replaced/repaired.

By the by, you did pull your heat sink out of the unit, cover the bottom with your palm, and try to draw to see if you have any air leaks, right?

I don't know of anybody who refunds on a used vape. If yours is broken, however, they will replace it.

Cheers

Wildcat, Summer and yeemark123 like this.
  18. yeemark123

yeemark123 Member

Yes I have tried making sure my heat sink is not leaking. Seals up tight when I pull air through. I clean it once a week when i use the vape heavily!

Summer, Baron23 and arb like this.
  19. cheeseholidays

cheeseholidays Well-Known Member

How are you packing the crucible?

20. yeemark123

yeemark123 Member

I can assure you i never push down. I just use the crucible to scoop it up a out of my grinder so its nice and fluffy.

Brewervapesalot and arb like this.
  21. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

I use a medium coarse to coarse grind. I do a very light tamp down, just on the very top layer, so the heated air that is being drawn through is enveloping the herb for a trifle longer because of the tamp, thus, readily & easily releasing the tasty good stuff. :)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    Brewervapesalot likes this.
  22. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

I don't know of anybody who refunds on a used vape. If yours is broken, however, they will replace it.
    Yeah, man. Sounds like you are doing all the right things...get Ghost to cover it under warranty and give you a new one. Something is wrong with your device, IMO.

23. yeemark123

yeemark123 Member

Looks like i'll have to at this rate. URGH.. More sober time unless I want to cough for the next few weeks ;)

arb likes this.
  24. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

To cough? What does this even mean? :hmm: :shrug:

yeemark123 likes this.
  25. yeemark123

yeemark123 Member

Joints, bong, ect. Kills me every time!

arb likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors