1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Ghost MV1

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by VCBud, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Bologna

Bologna je pense donc je vape

I have a satin silver that’s pretty matte and at least not as flashy as the others, imo... I use my black chrome mostly just cuz it’s older and more worked in/beat up, like a catcher’s mitt... the satin silver looks like an electric razor or more medical device-y to me... I really am looking forward to the new finishes and hopefully a much more improved crappy rubber coating or just something else entirely... hate it.

Brewervapesalot likes this.
  2. cheeseholidays

cheeseholidays Active Member

I think all the current colors will have a matte version. There was a post on VapeLife that had pictures of them from CHAMPS.

Bologna likes this.
  3. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

I stand corrected, it's really not matte, I think there all gonna have a satin finish. I think the nickel is already a satin finish.

Bologna and ataxian like this.
  4. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

So the GHOST is the best portable in life?

It's the HOLY GRAIL?

How about 4 medical use?

Maybe MEDICAL is not PC?

ShayWhiteGrow likes this.
  5. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

It's amongst the best, but it's right up there with the best ofs -- think nano & vc @ataxian. It is a holy grail for me. & it delivers sterling results for medical microdosing.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    ataxian, analytika and Bologna like this.
  6. Bologna

Hmmm, having to hold the vape button still seems easier with the silicone tube setup...:
    Click to play YouTube Video

I’d like to try it but am still unsure a water piece will ever be worth the hassle (for myself...)

Gotta hand it to Pete, tho, he sure is Sneaky...!

7. luke00978

luke00978 Well-Known Member

received this morning the badboy is on its charging mission now, first impressions:

why the fuck doesn't a £265 device come pre charged?
    much smaller than i imagined
    feels and looks lovely
    working out how to even open the thing is counter intuitive, it looks like the latch should pop up or press but its slides (and is hard to do)
    using crucibles is no problem at all for my fingers

will follow up with usage thisevening

Summer and Bologna like this.
  8. Brewervapesalot

Brewervapesalot Well-Known Member

Seems to me ghost could create a mouth piece assembly that is water filtration and interchangeable.

Or just how sneaky is pete?

Bologna and SneakyPeteVaporizers like this.
  9. Bologna

Dunno, but this was Ghost’s response to Pete’s adapter on VLF:

“ghost-ops
    Hi xxxxxx
    We don't currently have plans for any adapters for water pipes as one of the main reasons to use one - to cool the vapor - isn't a consideration for the MV1 which (at the risk of repeating something that's been said a hundred times around here) cools the vapor using the heatsink.

Also just a word of caution to anyone using one of these - any accidental backwards flow of water into the device will almost certainly kill the MV1 instantly and water damage in/to the oven is not covered under warranty!

Thanks
    GhostOps
    1d ReplyOptions”

Along with their response to Pete explaining (and I paraphrase) that people want and enjoy water regardless...

“ghost-ops
    Hi xxxx

(Edited content)

Likewise @Sneaky Pete Vaporizers, not saying anything negative about the product itself at all - you've got a lot of fans here at Ghost. Anything's possible; you wouldn't think anyone would tuck their vape into their wetsuit and go surfing either, but it's happened... :smile:

Thanks
    GhostOps”

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    Summer and Brewervapesalot like this.
  10. luke00978

first use updates,

fill chamber just over half full with bone dry amnesia haze. fuck about with instructions because i cant figure out the button...1 minute later im sorted.

only had 3 bowls managed to blow my lungs out as well as my girlfriend who tried it too. see how it lasts but after initial use im happy vapour tastes spot on clouds are as large as any vape ive used, eyes are slanted.

have a good night lads

Summer, slcbdco, mixchu69 and 2 others like this.
  11. cheeseholidays

cheeseholidays Active Member

The latch will “loosen” up as well and become easier to open.

12. yeemark123

yeemark123 Member

mine should be here Friday! I'll do a little review but I don't know how much that will help sine it is my first vape and first time ever using a vape.

Jill NYC and Bologna like this.
  13. Brewervapesalot

Brewervapesalot Well-Known Member

Water filtration does more than cooling if you ask me. It conditions the vapor with moisture perhaps, and the vapor is just different.

I'll run vapor through a frozen heat exchanger with my evo. It's great, menthol cold! But it's not the same or better or worse than the same hit through water.

I'd be all for a water adapter for the MV1.

I just don't think a battery powered unit is the best for silicone tubing adaptions

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    SneakyPeteVaporizers likes this.
  14. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Team NO SLEEP!

It really is superb. In many ways, I like it more than my minivap, in a few ways the minivap edges out the ghost...

Frankly I think you would LOVE using the device and the punch of vapor quality. It really is second to none for a portable.

BUT, and a big BUT, the whole crucible thing is fiddle-some and I'd see you getting really fed up with loading/unloading and cleaning. I can't imagine how difficult this device might be with shaking hands, I don't think I'd be able to load a crucible without dropping the lid (which does not latch nor clip on) and spilling material.

sweetherb, Jill NYC, Bologna and 3 others like this.
  15. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

I've been using a SOLO since it's inception.
    The GLASS on my lips were the selling point 4 me.

I'm looking 4 the HOLY GRAIL of portables and I was going to get da GHOST.

The MINIVAPE I use at night.

ShayWhiteGrow and Summer like this.
  16. luke00978

yep already loose and easy to open after one night, but bloody hell does that battery take a time to charge. thinking a fast charger and spare battery will be on the cards if my enjoyment continues.

ataxian and Summer like this.
  17. Mr. Gweilo 420

Mr. Gweilo 420 Dude

So at this stage are people recommending this as a solid product? Can I just buy one or do I need to get on a list? Reliability still seems to be an issue.

Sonicboom1991 and ataxian like this.
  18. luke00978

i dont know about reliability , but i ordered saturday received on tuesday, this thing is definitely a vape and works (at the moment)

19. Mr. Gweilo 420

Mr. Gweilo 420 Dude

Sweet. Is that from USA to UK?

20. luke00978

no uk to uk from vapefeind, they do ship to us and dont charge vat so its even cheaper for you to buy from them

Summer likes this.
  21. Bologna

This may be but does a 5 year warranty for a $300 (ok, $400+ easy now...) device with a pretty chill company that will bend over backwards to try and make you happy sound reasonable? Do you own a backup?

Alegre and Summer like this.
  22. Mr. Gweilo 420

Mr. Gweilo 420 Dude

I see your point but I am more concerned that the company is sending out a reliable product than any warranty. Im international so a lot of broken vapes go straight in the trash rather than risk sending a used vaporizer back to the USA.

Andreaerdna, Bologna and sweetherb like this.
  23. Bologna

And I totally see your point, as well, which is why I posed the question(s)...

All I can tell you is my story:

I believe my first device was around #650 purchased in September... my first real “modern” flower vape since purchasing an MFLB almost 10 years prior and when I finally decided to completely fuck combustion. I was quickly made an iOS Beta tester on VLF. Sometime in Nov (?) I tried to install a firmware revision and my device failed to connect to Bluetooth but still worked fine without it... they replaced it with my current “perfectly” (wtf that means... ;)) working device... I was also gifted one (the satin silver) by a friend over Xmas but I’ve only used that one to see if it performed the same as the others... it did. I also grabbed an M on Black Friday and both are now my daily drivers.

That’s all I got, man...

TMI...? Ha, sorry.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
    ataxian, Mr. Gweilo 420 and Summer like this.
  24. Mr. Gweilo 420

Mr. Gweilo 420 Dude

Thanks. Ive always thought I would get one, just being patient and def plenty of other vapes to use lol. Sooner or later hehe

ataxian and Bologna like this.
  25. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

HOLY GRAIL I understand!

What is MICRO DOSING? (some CULT practice?)

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors