Discontinued Ghost MV1

AJS

Calm Consistency
Hi guys, thank you for all the feedback regarding my video.
I realize it's very different than my typical format and tone.
I certainly didn't plan or intend to cause turmoil anywhere.

The lack of planning has clearly created some mixed interpretations.

For what it's worth, my video still represents how my vape performs.
Even with course grinds, clean screens, hard pulls, soft pulls.
Well said man. And to be fair you did give a heads up about the lack of prep. Good job remaining analytical to these criticisms and not taking them personally. I haven't watched your videos before but I'll most likely start now :)

Vapetrees

Vaped Out

I felt like you were being totally upfront and honest. I really didn't see an issue with your video at all.
@AJS I think you'll really enjoy his videos. He makes me feel like I'm having a conversation with a friend that also loves vapes and is honest about it. Like when I first got my Mighty I shared it with my friend who owned a Solo and he told me he preferred his solo still. He kept it honest and well me, I love my Mighty lol.

ChooChooCharlie

Charging now. Here's a vaped idea:

pEf6BpKm.jpg

skyvaper

I wanted to carry two loaded crucibles with one in the vape. Tried rubber band (did not work slipped off). wrap does not seem
to be tight enough. Foil I will try. I would like the crucible carrier accessory that is coming.

CLEANING the crucible. This is not easy to get it completely pristine clean. After using q-tips and iso which left some dark stains in the corner. Tried using hot iso. That did not work. Finally tried pbw cleaner. Hot water small amount left for two hours. That cleaned it.
I would carry a loaded container to fill the crucible.
I kinda accepted the fact the ceramic will never look new with iso cleaning.. pbw may be worth a try as I like to keep my vapes very clean. Thanks for the info.

crazferret

I pulled the trigger to get one on Saturday. I was hoping to get it by Wednesday, but my order still shows as processing.

I'll be sure to let everybody know what my impressions are as well. Here's hoping the delay is to deal with some of the issues that have been mentioned in this thread.

ChooChooCharlie

5Z5C1eDm.jpg

Anyone else notice how the crucible screen gets sticky fast? Not full contact attached, like S&B capsule lids, so Ghost screen stays cooler enough to condense?

Only two loads in. Second load poked with toothpick to ensure fluffiness. Fluffy should endorse it.

Will report back. Level two heat, second 15 second draw very GH-like in density/intensity.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
5Z5C1eDm.jpg

Anyone else notice how the crucible screen gets sticky fast? Not full contact attached, like S&B capsule lids, so Ghost screen stays cooler enough to condense?

Only two loads in. Second load poked with toothpick to ensure fluffiness. Fluffy should endorse it.

Will report back. Level two heat, second 15 second draw very GH-like in density/intensity.

Hmmm close shave by the looks of things... :rolleyes:

highasakite

Some people are reporting that their units are running hot, and in some cases this is actually true. Ghost is fully aware of this and actually put a notice out about it before they started shipping. Once the app is available and you can pair your vape to it it'll automatically reset all of the default heat levels to the correct temperatures. With a properly functioning vape and the crucible loaded the correct way you will not experience any charring or overheating.

Then there is no reason why Ghost should not release the app immediately. Say it's a beta, say it might have bugs. But release whatever you've got NOW! As long as it's not going to brick anyone's device, there isn't a valid reason for not releasing it. It's just frustrating hearing this. Basically... "For all of you having problems, we have the fix right here. But we're not going to tell you when you might get it. But don't worry. Standby for the app/fix."

GRRRR

I will be getting mine in a couple hours, I really want to love this thing.

highasakite,
Reactions: Summer

jay87

I'm very glad you made your video and released it quickly.

It seems the MV1 has some very positive aspects in terms of vapor quality and battery life, but it wasn't until your video that the negatives and the weird quirks of the device were fully displayed.

I think your video showed the negative aspects that the vape has, and you described them in a negative fashion which is the way that they should be described. To be fair you also repeatedly stated how you enjoyed the positives, this is how a fair review is done.

When I'm looking for a critical review on a vaporizer I don't want to hear "oh this vape has some negatives, but I think they're totally not really negatives because blah blah blah."

Personally I think the MV1 is lacking in the quality of life categories.

The overheating, the crucible loading annoyances, the whining heater, the mixed uneven abv, all that stuff combines to something that isn't worth it for me in terms of convenience and experience.

You saved me $300! :2c:

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

So far, this vape, like the grasshopper, prefers small loads.
If I go more than 0.10g, I get charred bits and tunneling.

So far

Because Ghost has not released the app.
Apparently our "pre-app" unlocked vapes are running hot.

I have 7 little piles sitting on paper, but they are at the lower heat levels.
So @b0 , pics of abv at this point, prior to app reset, may be misleading

Edit: he REALLY exaggerated the sound of the heater. no annoyance here.

LabPong

90% ISO and a 10 min soak. Just make sure the holes are all cleared out...in the lid especially and the bottom of the heat sink as well. This just gives optimal performance and taste. But you can let it get pretty gunked up and it still rocks it out of the park. I get medicated so quickly. I at least half the amount of flower to get better results. I usually get 2 sessions from a 0.10gm load. About 8-12 really good pulls. And the best part is I can take those pulls when ever I want and that is damn nice with such low draw resistance as well.

Let me just say, I have always been pretty sensitive to combusting or vaping...and always through water....with the MV1....I cant believe it....but I dont need water now and all that paraphernalia. But...it comes at the expense of more cleaning and tweaking than my Vapcap and Air. That trade off is nothing compared to what you get with using the MV1 if you like full performance anytime you want it and have it be fairly stealthy for various places and types of use.

Now I do not want to touch my other vapes.......even though I am pretty curious to see what happens with the MV1 and a water unit.

skyvaper

skyvaper....how was the taste? Any diff than without water?
I'd really have to test it again to be sure. I did it for my own comparison of how it milked the bubbler. Taste was not the goal on the hit. The hits are so smooth and cool water is just not needed. But because I like using a bubbler I will be giving it a go again. I'm on vacation so no bubbler access.

ChooChooCharlie

The abv reminds me of grasshopper abv

racUE1nm.jpg

Overweights in lower left, some char bits. Suppose less is more? or more successful

Continued testing required. Feel like Beavis, testing, huh huh

I understand the quest -- wanting an on demand portable with control.
Getting there...vaping must continue

highasakite

Have only vaped tonight, and it's not a representative sample because I had a couple beers before, but this thing is pretty fucking awesome. There are a few things I don't like, of course, but it is quite an experience on the early draws. Wow, the vapor is so strong on some pulls, sometimes I don't know if I can keep pulling until the buzz. I have to prepare my thoat/lungs. It's fun!

The first crucible, we started at level 2 for 1 hit, then level 3 for 4 (3 good ones)...finally looked inside and some was green...stirred and bumped to level 5, got vapor but bad taste. Got some juicy fruit and tried again, little vapor. Looked inside, still some green! Heated up the Supreme 3 to 180C, loaded the avb into a glass stem and got 2 more huge clouds! Couldn't tell you about taste, with the juicy fruit and all, but it's never bad out of the Supreme. Lol not sure that will be a normal routine...gotta try to stir earlier and maybe bump the heat up earlier. It's tough for everybody to compare heat settings, if some will change when we get the app.

Oh..it's also a different high than other vapes...I can feel it in my head a lot more. I said that to my girlfriend and she agreed. I want to test more.

Top Bottom