Discontinued Ghost MV1

Mr Mellish

You're probably doing it right but here's a description walk through.

With the top piece put together snug, the top piece should be near to flush with the top brim of the unit, when in place.
Load your crucible gently, place it in its spot with lid, close.
Turn the unit on by clicking the front button 3 times, Green LEDS come on.
Skipping over, checking battery level (hold front button down briefly), or changing heat level (after checking batter level, hold button down again till you see orange levels 1, 2, or 3 (when you see red, that is levels 4, 5, and 6), click again to change level.
When you're ready to use it, 'press and hold' the button on the back, it'll quickly vibrate right when you press the button, it'll heat and vibrate again when ready (5-10 seconds), 'continue pressing the button' and -begin hitting-, it will vibrate 15 seconds later and at that point holding the button down doesn't continue doing anything.

Good god, this is starting to sound like the Apollo. Tell me you catch on quickly. Hell, the Firewoods are easy and they took me multiple sessions before I caught on to always having to set the temp.

Disclaimer: I’ve never seen the Apollo in the wild but reading the thread makes my tiny brain hurt.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Raise your hand if you said silicone was not in the vapor path.

rz9n7tgyot2h56vw.jpg

Pustupillo

The Don_Key
Guys i dont wanna break your balls but with the same price i got the herborizer ti... And with half the price i got the tubo evic as my first portable.... Still waiting my tubo to test it .. Ill never gonna buy a vape like this. Is way overpriced and also looks a bit complicated to keep it clean. The herbo ti For example is a dream when it comes to cleaning. This one looks like an industrial pièce of crap :)

skyvaper

Certainly looks like burnt weed. According to the thread on VL, some have been getting uneven ABV mixed with green bits and burnt.

Let the early adopter issues begin!
With this vape if there is an issue it may be fixed with a firmware update before it has to get sent back and forth to a lab. I know how much you like sending your vapes in @biohacker. Lol

lookhigh

FC member
Yea sure it looks like this one is going the right way and is satisfying the first costumers. I would like to see some of the old guys and girls that i become to know over the years review this thing.(no offense to the newer generation)
I am also worried about all the plastic, still remember the days of the Pinnacle?
Anyone fancy giving theirs a good ISO clean?
Can it withstand a drop on the floor?

Chronic Pain

So far so good! I still prefer the Mighty for “Ease of Use.”

As a Heavy Medical User (I’m 55 with chronic health issues) I do have a few observations.

Under the “Ease of Use” category.

- The Button to open/release it is super tough.
- The Door of the crucible is tough to close/latch.
- Loading/unloading the tiny crucibles is tricky.
- The Metal crucible lids easily slip off the crucibles when loading.
- One button/Flashy lights controls gets confusing. I’m old :myday:

I have a feeling I'm going to lose a lot of those metal crucible tops.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I also like how the heaviness of a portable is being somehow touted as a "good" feature... and some people are biting!!

There's even a picture with the weights listed, showing the ghost as almost TWICE the weight of other portables... and people are going "oh yeah feels premium!!!!!"

"feels premium"

...what????

Let's see how it fares when it drops, then talk about it's durability and etc...

I just don't get how something that most people would bitch about (the weight... it is a portable... the goal is mobility) is being pushed as a good feature and people are biting... :shrug:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I also like how the heaviness of a portable is being somehow touted as a "good" feature... and some people are biting!!

There's even a picture with the weights listed, showing the ghost as almost TWICE the weight of other portables... and people are going "oh yeah feels premium!!!!!"

"feels premium"

...what????

Let's see how it fares when it drops, then talk about it's durability and etc...

I just don't get how something that most people would bitch about (the weight... it is a portable... the goal is mobility) is being pushed as a good feature and people are biting... :shrug:
I was thinking just the same yesterday.. WTF 320 grams for a portable ,this even beats the Vapir N02 in weight which is twice the size.. :D..
Also i like i people who trust company words over their own eyes... It was clear from the very beginning that silicone is involved in the airpath.. is it obvious from the graphic, just follow the red lines.. Hot air and the hot loading chamber get in contact with the silicone..
ghost-mv1-convection-heater-airpath.png

--------------------------------------
Edit, Decided to remove some part of my post cause it is more suitable for the speculation thread . :D

Last edited:

money2

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Are the silicone pieces that are in the vapor path easily removable?

Last edited:
money2,

Stormsend

Ok just used the ghost several times in the past few hours and this is def a top tier vape. Some of the things I do not like about it is the weight, compared to other portable vapes it is quite heavy. Not a big deal to me but something to know. Also it is difficult to open the chamber, you really have to hold that button down, also you have to be quick removing the crucible because although it isn't hot it is still warm. Also the top piece is difficult to remove as well, it takes quite a bit of movement and it came to a point where I was worried about damaging something. There was also a slight learning curve with me to turn it on. You have to tap the button 3 times then hold it for 2 seconds for the battery life then another two seconds to change the temp!? Wtf it's 2017, this didn't need to be so complicated! Those are my nitpicks, and here is what I like...

It definitely feels like like there is little to no resistance while taking hits. I started out on the default setting and got cool, smooth vapor, a really nice mellow hit. And you can also get real fucked up from 2-3 draws. It works as advertised! The on demand works very well too. It is ready to go in a couple of seconds which is important to me bc I sometime needs to take a quick hit and return to work, etc. Also another big plus for me is how the material is conserved, also me to take much smaller hits throughout the day instead of finishing my material immediately.

Comparing this to the mighty, I don't think it is better or worse, but it is on the same level. It just depends what you want in a vape. Right now imho the mighty is better for me because I use it outdoors and just toss it in my backpack and go, I don't worry about it getting beat up or scratched bc it looks rugged, also having the dosing capsules in it key chain carrier works for me. But in home use I would rather use the Ghost, the material taste better, it is a lot quicker to heat up, and I personally felt like I got more high. And it conserves more material than the Mighty.

S0L0m0n

Trees and Food / Nature is my Medicina...
*Personal note, I don't post often but have been here for years, I have no affiliation with anyone (I do have mad respect for George at Dynavap). My use is medical and it's moderate. Been vaping since around '04 when I picked up a Volcano, at this point I could definitely get rid of a few vapes and their accessories...*

My units button has already become less difficult to open.
Am still nervous that little door for the crucible may be problematic somehow down the road, yet the hinge on it does seem to be large in appearance.
For what this thing delivers, I'm more than psyched so far, loving its performance.
Basically, as long as the thing holds up for a few years, without issue, unlike the Mighty (on 3rd), I'll be more than pleased.
It's what I wish the Mighty could deliver in terms of load size especially, that On Demand (when I desire a toke, of a few, yet not a 10-15 min session [edit - session that doesn't even get me where I'd like to be, Dynavap delivers quicker and harder than Mighty in that regards]).
Do think the load process is not very convenient, unlike the Mighty with the tool or the dosage capsules.
If the crucible lid actually attached/clicked onto the crucible, it be improved; would love dosage capsules crucibles (essentially that is one of the accessories coming, on their site).
I have yet to combust, did have some slightly darker spots on a couple loads, am stirring at times with the little pointy tool.

I'm with Stormsend in that I'll probably leave the Ghost at home when going out. The Mighty will be for when I'm with others and the XL Dynastash with XL Burl Omni will be for solo travels (I'll vapcap riding my bike before I dare with the Ghost, had a Kombucha cap crack and managed to leak directly into the protective sack that had my Mighty in it, Storz & Bickel warranty came back at $250 for a new one, as repairs would have cost more... got sidetracked there, my bad).

Regarding invertedisdead's photo, I'd guess that will clean right out, something leaked through crucible(?). Could you explain somewhat, what you were getting into when that occurred, like did you use the liquid screen?

ChooChooCharlie

That pic of dirty silicone gasket was part of a larger post by another user on a different forum.
That other user is a big fan of the device, posted first video.

He was trying to show the limits of continuous use before cleaning.

Not sure if this is "proof" of hot vapor passing by silicone and depositing condensed resin. The pic may show resin which got transferred to the silicone from the heat sink, where condensate should build up.

Here's a link to page with more of his "cleaning needed" pics
https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/1767/ghost-mv1-usage-guide-tips-for-best-performance/p4

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
That pic of dirty silicone gasket was part of a larger post by another user on a different forum.

Not sure if this is "proof" of hot vapor passing by silicone and depositing condensed resin. The pic may show resin which got transferred to the silicone from the heat sink, where condensate should build up.

https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/1767/ghost-mv1-usage-guide-tips-for-best-performance/p4
Have in mind air doesnt travel in 4 straight lines but it whirls around .I have pointed with black arrows the places where air comes in contact with the silicone,which is not a big deal,since silicone is pretty safe material for temps up to 220 C ,My grandma makes cupcakes in silicone cups,they are delicious :p.. That being said i can always sense the smell of hot silicone.

Untitled13.png

Pink arrow - Is there something that makes air concentrated in one point like in the graphic ,and also something that makes it go right trough the coil and not around it ,or it is that this graphic is not meant specifically to describe the airpath ?
-------------------
Edited, That metal part from the first pic below looks really cool ,i guess that is the cooling unit of the MP.

Last edited:

jay87

The same guy said it was naturally produced just from use.

He says the amount of herb he used was ~2g in addition to some concentrates and it produced that much condensate.

The guy's name is @technoHippie and as long as we're cross posting pictures:

zhtgezuekozzwdnc.jpg

17lskwlo7jlav42v.jpg

rz9n7tgyot2h56vw.jpg

I've gotta say thanks to that guy for his experiment :wave:

Vaporcussion

Ok just used the ghost several times in the past few hours and this is def a top tier vape. Some of the things I do not like about it is the weight, compared to other portable vapes it is quite heavy. Not a big deal to me but something to know. Also it is difficult to open the chamber, you really have to hold that button down, also you have to be quick removing the crucible because although it isn't hot it is still warm. Also the top piece is difficult to remove as well, it takes quite a bit of movement and it came to a point where I was worried about damaging something. There was also a slight learning curve with me to turn it on. You have to tap the button 3 times then hold it for 2 seconds for the battery life then another two seconds to change the temp!? Wtf it's 2017, this didn't need to be so complicated! Those are my nitpicks, and here is what I like...

It definitely feels like like there is little to no resistance while taking hits. I started out on the default setting and got cool, smooth vapor, a really nice mellow hit. And you can also get real fucked up from 2-3 draws. It works as advertised! The on demand works very well too. It is ready to go in a couple of seconds which is important to me bc I sometime needs to take a quick hit and return to work, etc. Also another big plus for me is how the material is conserved, also me to take much smaller hits throughout the day instead of finishing my material immediately.

Comparing this to the mighty, I don't think it is better or worse, but it is on the same level. It just depends what you want in a vape. Right now imho the mighty is better for me because I use it outdoors and just toss it in my backpack and go, I don't worry about it getting beat up or scratched bc it looks rugged, also having the dosing capsules in it key chain carrier works for me. But in home use I would rather use the Ghost, the material taste better, it is a lot quicker to heat up, and I personally felt like I got more high. And it conserves more material than the Mighty.

@Stormsend , Thank you for this great review! Sounds like it's not so much a Mighty killer, but more of a FF2 killer, as it has similar advantages, without the draw resistance.

Question-Approximately how many hits per crucible?

ohmygodimsohigh

Hey guys, I feel reluctant to call this a 'review' as I believe in knowing all the ins and outs of a vape before doing a review. I normally push at least an ounce through a vape before reviewing.

However with the Ghost there's just too much hype to wait around

This thing kept me blazed for the better part of its first 24 hours, which made for some awkward moments with plumbers yesterday.

IN THE VIDEO, I want to point out a few things:
- I didn't put the usual production or planning into it, it was very rushed
- in case it is not clear in the video, the MV1 failed during the video because the screen was clogged and the heatsink was not sealing properly. I should have caught the screen issue sooner

I will be making more in depth comparisons soon, and I'll be showing off concentrates (which is where this vape DOES live up to the hype)

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
The same guy said it was naturally produced just from use.

He says the amount of herb he used was ~2g in addition to some concentrates and it produced that much condensate.

The guy's name is @technoHippie and as long as we're cross posting pictures:

zhtgezuekozzwdnc.jpg

17lskwlo7jlav42v.jpg

rz9n7tgyot2h56vw.jpg

I've gotta say thanks to that guy for his experiment :wave:
Kinda looks like maybe that got scraped on the silicone when the mp was pulled out?:shrug:

Top Bottom