Discontinued Ghost MV1

Summer

Long Island, NY
When this vape is hitting right, the vapor is definitely better than a Solo or anything else I've used. But it's very inconsistent during use, a lot of times I'm not getting good hits, I'm just getting nothing. Haven't really figured out a pattern or reason for this.

Also, I think if you slide out the mouthpiece too far it won't draw vapor, and instead will just draw the cool air around it? (I can't figure this out so I keep the mouthpiece pretty low just in case.) This thing is very heavy, which is mostly battery, but the battery actually doesn't seem to last very long.

The button system with the modes is weird and confusing. Once you figure it out it's no big deal, but compare to something like a Solo - if you want a higher temp, just click the up arrow button once or twice. Easy.

I edited you post to reflect everything you said that I concur with.

In answer to your question about temp., I've been using 3 & 4, but it really is irrelevant since the firmware apparently is offering an improvement in the heating/temp issue from what I see on the VLF (VapeLife Forum). Sometimes, my unit runs fine until the 5th hit when she overheats. (I get anywhere from 4 - 6 hits from a crucible.) Othertimes, I'll get a full crucible & an extra 2 hits in the 2nd crucible before overheating.

I think after 4 crucibles my battery goes from 3 to 2 lights, & if I were to do 1 more crucible, I won't get good heating output, so I just throw it on charge as I'd only be wasting the herb since I won't enjoy it.

As far as the mp is concerned, yeah, the further pulled out, the more extraneous air flow. From the lines on the bottom, I push it in until only 60% of the stem is exposed. And I like the resulting tighter draw.

And I have to laugh at your saying,"The button system with the modes is weird and confusing. Once you figure it out it's no big deal." It was the hardest thing for me to concentrate on to learn, it's so counterintuitive, yet once your learn the sequencing, it's quite easy really. But they do need to upgrade to a display. At $300, it should have a display.

All I know is that when she hits, she hits superbly good! I've come this far not to wait a while longer to see what's up w/the firmware. And, I'm hopeful. I have no doubt, truly, that the MV2 is gonna be nigh perfection for a convection vape -- there's so much in design that it great. I really don't want to give up this vape & wait another year, maybe more, for ver. 2 whilst being Ghostless. It bears repeating that when she hits it's good stuff.

@MonsterWithoutBorders, you can put the crucible, the lid, the glass mouthpiece, the heat seak & the ceramic mp part all safely in iso. Only the top plastic piece & the black gasket that attaches under it cannot go into iso.

Last edited:
Summer,

Mr Mellish

I love iso so much I destroyed the top silicone ?black gasket. It shrunk and then did not stay in place. Now I am wondering about the ceramic pieces. The crucible seems to have a polished surface (maybe glazed) which should make iso immersion safe. I am not so sure about the ceramic mouthpiece tube. Anybody got an opinion on these two pieces and their isoability.

I have regularly put everything removable in ISO except the gasket and the top of the basket. Haven't had any issues with performance or flavor (with the OG mouthpiece and ceramic tube).

I'm shocked by the reports of inconsistent performance. Mine is a tank. The only issue I have is that it sometimes doesn't want to respond after the first power-up push of the button; it may take several attempts to get the "3 clicks" to register. Other than that, this thing has been rock solid, performant and predictable, with some vapor even at Amber 1.

Responding to @funkashh:

I tend to charge the battery after 3-4 sessions. Not because I've confirmed it's necessary but because I have read the reports about performance tapering off after you dip below three lights...just don't want the buzz kill of a dead/non-performant device.

As far as build quality, it seems above and beyond the Pinnacle Pro, the Prima and the ESV.

To avoid the heat of the crucible and lid, I leave the arm open for a couple minutes, then pop the crucible out. Haven't found it to be that troublesome if you can allow a few minute breather.

The crucible is easier to load than the Firewood capsules (which I love). Agreed on the fiddly button sequence but it's manageable and the thing is still wicked quick (but not Firewood or Grasshopper fast).

To me, this thing is consistently solid. My two GH's are out for the first repair, so I don't have them to consider but (conditions permitting), I choose the MV1 over the FW3, FW4, Prima and Crafty.

My sequence is: 3 hits at amber 1, 3-4 hits at amber 2 and kill the load at amber 3. I don't have smoker or bong/glass experience, so I probably take wimpier hits but I feel like I extract the shit out of the load. If I'm feeling sassy, I'll occasionally bump to red 1 and take a few hits but I haven't found that necessary. This thing hits the right buttons and delivers the goods.

GEED

Gaseouser
Just received a replacement "improved" ceramic & glass mouthpiece - even though I already got refunded. Nice but pointless? However I wonder if anyone noticed, that some comms between designers and manufacturers must have gone horribly wrong, thats how they glazed and polished the outside of the ceramic, but not the inside which was the original cause of glass rubbing?? It is just the exact same scratchy-scratchy kaka? Guys, seriously..

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Just received a replacement "improved" ceramic & glass mouthpiece - even though I already got refunded. Nice but pointless? However I wonder if anyone noticed, that some comms between designers and manufacturers must have gone horribly wrong, thats how they glazed and polished the outside of the ceramic, but not the inside which was the original cause of glass rubbing?? It is just the exact same scratchy-scratchy kaka? Guys, seriously..
They were automatically shipped to all who preordered. I believe the sleeves were polished in a tumbler, unfortunately, I don’t think the interiors polished as well as the exteriors as a result...? The fatter stem is also supposed to help by making it stiffer, too... Hey, at least an attempt was made fairly quickly to rectify an “issue” that I personally never even saw as one...

Mr Mellish

They were automatically shipped to all who preordered. I believe the sleeves were polished in a tumbler, unfortunately, I don’t think the interiors polished as well as the exteriors as a result...? The fatter stem is also supposed to help by making it stiffer, too... Hey, at least an attempt was made fairly quickly to rectify an “issue” that I personally never even saw as one...

You're probably spot on. However, I'm rocking it with the original kit, so I'm confident the new versions will be at least as good (which is fine with me). Hell, I'm fine if it's just as good.

Perhaps I'm an outlier but this thing has continued to meet or exceed expectations. Good flavor, great effects. So so controls...

Tuesday or Wednesday, I should get my "repaired" SS and Ti GH's. Perhaps they will impact my Ghost usage. So far, it remains the first vape I reach for.

I'm disappointed that Ghost never responded to my request to test the app and they still have not delivered the app.

GEED

Gaseouser
Well I wish they actually didn't. Took a while to explain my household what I need for a "GHOST glass mouthpiece replacement" as it was written in capitals on the box, outside.. Discreet packaging is a thing since I first ordered *personal stuff* :D online. Also the attempt appreciated but addressing the problem is concerning.
I don’t think the interiors polished as well as the exteriors
- I don't think they polished at all.. BTW polishing these delicate, thin wall alumina moulds in a tumbler? What? :D It is more of a glaze, I can see the fine paintbrush marks.

Either way I'm happy for all who enjoys this kit so much, I just guess it's really not for everyone. But hands down for their warranty services!

Last edited:
GEED,
Reactions: Summer

Summer

Long Island, NY
The funny thing is, is that my 2nd stem is noticeably larger &, as such, I get less draw resistance which I really like. Yet this larger stem now scratches where I actually have visible scratches on the outside, but never had it with the original one. I like the increased size of the 2nd stem. Today, I rec'd. another mp in the mail & it's the larger one, but still has that scratching sound, but less noticeably than the 2nd one. GV will probably fix the rim of the ceramic mp which I think is what's causing it or the fact that I think the glass stems may not be uniform in mfr. Who knows? Just hope they leave this larger glass stem as the improved draw resistance is really nice. I'm enjoying it.

@Mr Mellish, from what I read, they are in their 2nd round of beta testing with the ios & supposedly at the end of this week (no doubt, next week) android testing is slated to begin. So we are making slow, but steady progress already. And least we're headed in the right direction finally. :tup:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
You're probably spot on. However, I'm rocking it with the original kit, so I'm confident the new versions will be at least as good (which is fine with me). Hell, I'm fine if it's just as good.

Perhaps I'm an outlier but this thing has continued to meet or exceed expectations. Good flavor, great effects. So so controls...

Tuesday or Wednesday, I should get my "repaired" SS and Ti GH's. Perhaps they will impact my Ghost usage. So far, it remains the first vape I reach for.

I'm disappointed that Ghost never responded to my request to test the app and they still have not delivered the app.
As am I, I just checked it out and put them away for safe keeping.

And I agree with everything you said about the device including the controls.

The best way to contact Ghost is to PM them directly thru VL forum. That’s how I got on the first iOS app beta team. Do you have Android? You may be able to get on that as I don’t believe it’s started yet.

Otherwise, If you’re happy with the mv1 now... just wait a little longer...

- I don't think they polished at all.. BTW polishing these delicate, thin wall alumina moulds in a tumbler? What? :D It is more of a glaze, I can see the fine paintbrush marks.
Yeah, I know nothing about manufacturing ceramics... just relaying Ghost’s statement on the subject.

Last edited by a moderator:

Summer

Long Island, NY
That’s how I got on the first iOS app beta team.

Bologna, I'm supposed to be in the first Andriod beta team. Exactly what does that mean? They learn as much as they can from the 1st group & then what happens when 2nd team comes in -- you guys on the 1 team just fade away & continue to wait for the final version like the rest of us?

Oh, btw, you double-posted ^^. ;)

Summer,
Reactions: Bologna

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Bologna, I'm supposed to be in the first Andriod beta team. Exactly what does that mean? They learn as much as they can from the 1st group & then what happens when 2nd team comes in -- you guys on the 1 team just fade away & continue to wait for the final version like the rest of us?

Oh, btw, you double-posted ^^. ;)
I honestly have absolutely no idea... I’m still on the team supplying feedback, I don’t know if we’ll join each other or be kept separate... I didn’t ask.

Ha, yeah, I actually tried to edit my initial post to include my reply to @Gibarian, but quickly gave up as I figured they were at least two separate responses and didn’t want to spend too much time on it...

My apologies to the powers that be.

Bologna,

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Mr. Gweilo 420, what's done is done & doesn't matter a hill-of-beans now.

I honestly have absolutely no idea... I’m still on the team supplying feedback, I don’t know if we’ll join each other or be kept separate... I didn’t ask.

Ha, yeah, I actually tried to edit my initial post to include my reply to @Gibarian, but quickly gave up as I figured they were at least two separate responses and didn’t want to spend too much time on it...

My apologies to the powers that be.

Well, from what I read on VLF, the 2nd team has started testing. So the firmware they are supplied with has to have been further updated based on your groups feedback. So if you haven't been instructed to download any further update, you've probably outworn you usefulness. :lol:

BTW, if you don't combine your 2 posts & request mod deletion of the empty post, not to worry, the mods are gonna do it for you :nod: ... & you'll get the infamous double-posting pm. :lol:

Summer,

Summer

Long Island, NY
So far, the lack of app has had no impact on my experience. If the app eventually improves my experience, I’ll be delighted but I don’t feel like it’s a big deal

Would you please stop flaunting the fact that you are one of the 1%ers who divinely lucked-out. :bang: Now it's getting to the point that your starting to rub our noses in it. :goon: .......... ( Only teasing! ;) :D)

So far, the lack of app has had no impact on my experience. If the app eventually improves my experience, I’ll be delighted but I don’t feel like it’s a big deal
Yep sounds like yours is a good one. But the manufacturer has stated that the app will directly effect performance I believe. This seems like paid beta testing imo.

shaolinmilk

I've been following this whole MV1 thing for a while and I personally feel like everyone who purchased this unit are beta testers. Making people sign non-disclosure agreements for testing their app is very iffy to me. In addition, how can you promise the unit will perform flawlessly once you update your unit with the app if the app is still in the beta phase with end-users providing feedback? Usually, they pay beta testers a good amount of money to do this kind of work. I work in IT and my company is a software development company so I know how these things work.

I hope the app will fix all of the issues you guys are having, however the way things are being done leaves a sour taste for future customers IMO.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Paying for professional testers ok, but for regular users really? At my previous company, we just had to ask around and wannabe testers would just flock in, their reward being ultimately a free license when the product was eventually released. We even had the luxury to hand pick the most competent ones and reject the others.

KeroZen,
Reactions: Summer

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Usually, they pay beta testers a good amount of money to do this kind of work.

No, they do not. In the vapourizer industry, beta testers are lucky if they get complimentary units. I've done beta testing for some of the best-selling vapourizer manufacturers and I have never been paid anything. I'm also aware of several other beta programmes that I didn't participate in, and I am unaware of anyone ever being paid.

I work in IT and my company is a software development company so I know how these things work.

I worked in IT for over 40 years and one of my jobs for a few years was managing beta testing. We never paid anyone. Beta testing was carefully arranged with customers, who were happy to get a preview of new software and to have some influence over the product. I know that there are companies that pay for beta testers, but it's hardly the normal way of doing business.

AtMyVakeSale

I'm one of the testers and I didn't sign anything. We're kind of on the honor system to not publicly discuss it. On top of that, it's not like they're forcing us to give feedback in a structured, well-documented way like in the software industry. Hell, they're not FORCING us to give feedback at all. They're just kind of hoping that we do, it looks like. We're not professionals, testing every function and combination. We're casual users reporting our experiences. That's all.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
The other thing, too, is if I don’t like the results after the official release of the app, I can return it... and I’m out at the most the shipping... which I don’t mind paying if I have to.

Summer

Long Island, NY
ghostvapesofficial (Patrick) posted this yesterday on VLF, "We are just about to start the first round of beta testing on Android. We are making good progress overall and expect to be announcing a release date within 7-10 days."

Summer,
Reactions: Ech0_

passenger

is this thing on?
Did he say anything about the estimated release date? Or was this the announcement of the date of the announcement of the release date?

passenger,

Summer

Long Island, NY
Just posted by Patrick, "We started setting up yesterday and notifications will be going out over the course of this weekend. We will commence testing on Android either Monday or Tuesday."

Top Bottom