Discontinued Ghost MV1

Brewervapesalot

Those with working units they love, are you going to install the new firmware when it comes out? I was just thiking you might check to see if you can revert back in case the update isn't an improvement over such units.

I've set mine aside and will wait for the firmware. It's not performing well enough, its almost burning my fingers, and i found myself reaching for the firefly 2 and Pax 2 the last couple nights. Tonight is Cloud's turn. It's blissful in its simplicity and not beaten yet performance. I read on a website vapexhale was working on a portable, so if this Ghost doesn't hit the spot for us this round then sounds like there could be another contender for convection portable brillance sooner than later.

Baron23

Those with working units they love, are you going to install the new firmware when it comes out?

Yes

@Baron23 & @MoltenTiger, you both make solid points, but can't we give it a rest? Or post to the ghost speculation thread for those interested in resurrecting all this?:horse: All I see is that @VCBud makes a nice post & it opens the door to once again regurgitating what has been discussed ad nauseam. :puke: One can surmise, critique, analyze, hypothesize, philosophize, whatever, but in the end, it doesn't matter a hill of beans as we are where we are & that's it.

I'm fine with my post and apparently so are the mods. But thank you for your concern.

Last edited:

AtMyVakeSale

Those with working units they love, are you going to install the new firmware when it comes out? I was just thiking you might check to see if you can revert back in case the update isn't an improvement over such units.

I've set mine aside and will wait for the firmware. It's not performing well enough, its almost burning my fingers, and i found myself reaching for the firefly 2 and Pax 2 the last couple nights. Tonight is Cloud's turn. It's blissful in its simplicity and not beaten yet performance. I read on a website vapexhale was working on a portable, so if this Ghost doesn't hit the spot for us this round then sounds like there could be another contender for convection portable brillance sooner than later.

Mine works and I'm loving it, but I'm having issues. I'm not too sure how widespread it is, but my battery drains fast and performance drops off hardcore if the battery isn't full. The firmware update is supposed to help with that, so I'll give it a shot. Worst case, I'm breaking out my OG Arizer Air until they patch it.

Dazza78

Tonight, I was trying to pay attention to flavor. I'm struggling with words to describe what I think I experienced.

At lower temps, it seems like the Ghost provides a more nuanced flavor than my favorites (Firewood, GH). That doesn't mean it's better. The Ghost tastes more complex but the way that the Firewood blends it all into a single flavor is magical.

It loses flavor slower than the GH but faster than the Firewood.

Here is the rundown:

GH: First draw or two are VERY intense. You get punched in the teeth with flavor. After that....nah.

FW: Wonderful flavor that lasts nearly until the load is spent (with diminishing but still good flavor with each draw).

MV1: First few draws at A1 or A2 are flavorful. To me it was more like being able to pick out specific flavor components (is that pepper?). It could possibly be more "accurate" but the fuzzy image provided by the FW seems more complete.

After 5 sessions, my battery has finally gone to 2 LEDs. I'm expecting it to decline rapidly at this point but that is better performance than anything else I have.

The effects continue to be quite good.

I'll admit to a bit of skepticism about this but, based on my experience so far, I can't see @VCBud as a sellout. I'm not prepared to call it the best vape ever but it's really fucking solid. It has quickly become my nightly driver. Not sure if it will keep that position, now that my FW4 is back but it is wrasslin' Mephis style for the crown.

As a point of reference for the above drivel, I have:
Vapman, Vapcap, Elevape, Crafty, Grasshopper (SS & Ti) , Prima, Firewood 3, Firewood 4, MFLB, Pinnacle Pro
Who’s your favourite Memphis guy?

Dazza78,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
What’s the point of repeating yourself every two or three pages when you don’t even own one of these? Do you not remember? Cuz I do... and I own one.

Bologna,
Reactions: Summer

thx1138

I for one would have never known about why I had no interaction with the company unless I came here and posted about it. Getting dived on by the fanboys (if the entirety of ones post history is on one single vape, then that poster is a fanboy) of a vape over criticism based on that experience only exposes the subtle bullying nature of the cliques that form here. Anyone with a concern or question about a vape has every right to post on a blog whether they own the vape or not, and whether some reader likes or dislikes the post related to his cherished vape. I was enlightened by the responses, including a turn toward a discussion of the rollout, that may not have happened otherwise.
Now I am patiently awaiting the fixes, believe it or not, instead of getting antsy and having nowhere to turn, w/o this forum, for help.
So whoever is posting every two or three pages without owning the vape, but has concerns or questions - keep posting. Don't let subtle forms of manipulation and/or bullying deter you.

its still a free country

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Do not post the contents of private conversations without permission from all parties involved. Warning point issued.
I’m deterring people with subtle manipulation and/or bullying...?

By posting that? Lil ol’ me? With no posting history here except with this vape? And that makes me a fanboy? And part of a clique?

Jesus.

Edit: btw, this is not a country or a blog. It’s a message board.

I’m doing what now?:

Modnote: Edited to remove contents of a private conversation

Bologna,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Bullshit. That is not my private message. That was unsolicited, unwarranted bullshit. And a little fuckin scary... But I’m a big boy, I can take care of myself. Thanks tho, for the unsolicited advice.

I’d like to hear about that silicone, too... go ahead, shoot.

Last edited:
Bologna,

MoltenTiger

It's now a public disgrace IMO.
And certainly not a big boy way of sorting shit out, whatever you expect that means.

I already have brought it up with Bud mate, one of the few things brought up pages ago that is of interest to me and others.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner. All members should respect and adhere to the promotion of harmony within the community. Do not attempt to disrupt the community in any way.
What it means is that I don’t give a shit what your opinion is of me or my actions... dig?

So, what do you have to add to that query, pal? Anything? Because it sure as hell interests me, too.

Bologna,

MoltenTiger

I don't know, how about you go read it instead of burying it?

But to rehash for everyone's convenience and against your earlier wishes, public concerns surrounding off-gassing and material choice were met with legal threat and the false/misleading deceleration that it's a 'silicone free vapour path'.
There is no isolation, silicone makes up the air path and is found very near the heating elements, a red hot glowing metal coil.

Dyed silicone usually maxes out at 450F°-230°C which this device exceeds at a distance greater than the silicone is found.

What makes this neon green siloxane stuff a viable material choice for a portable vaporiser?

Isn't the top temp for concentrate at 600°F in the chamber so how hot is the silicone below that, closer to the heat source?

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Yeah yeah, I know, I’ve been a part of this thread for awhile. Thanks.

Now read very carefully... ok?

What do you have to add to that? You? Anyone? I want to know! Speak!

And yet I’m the one whipping a dead horse?

Wtf?

Bologna,

MAbud

Just to try and get things back on track... I will say I’m not a fanboy and have said the MV1 does some things incredibly well and other issues need to be resolved. I will tell you though as part of the beta testing crew that A) the app is mostly pretty good B) the firmware updates makes a big improvement C) the Ghost team is incredibly interested and diligent regarding our feedback. These guys give a shit and want to make this the best product they can.

The reason you aren’t hearing much is because we’ve all agreed to keep any specifics offline while we work with the Ghost team. But that doesn’t mean a lot isn’t happening. Trust me that the trialing, communication, etc is frequent and thorough. As someone previously on the fence I urge you to stick with it a bit longer.

I’m not going to get into any details but just felt like people needed to know that considerable time and effort is going on behind the scence. My $.02...

Vaporcussion

How do ghosts keep fit? By exorcising regularly!

hcvsQiS.png

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Let's keep the posts informational and keep away from personal attacks people. If you can't play nice with others, then you won't last long around here.

Also, material safety discussion is not allowed in vape threads, so discussion of silicone's safety in vaporizers should not be a topic of discussion here.

Thank you.

:peace:

Summer

Long Island, NY
So...the app....when?
I'm so curios to see the magic happening ;)

Several days ago I reached out to Patrick, aka ghostvapeofficial, & asked if I could do the android beta. Affirmative reply 2 days ago. And he went on to write,

"First stage tests on iOS are going very well and the second version of the firmware is being released early next week. We are planning to commence testing on Android around the end of next week but it's difficult to be precise with software and coding."

So everything's happening in due course. Hope I elevated a few spirits.

A really good way to hide valuable information is to surround it with fluff. I am uncertain as to the reason for the riddles and jokes in this thread other than to force others with concerns out of the zeitgeist.

Tisk, tisk, OldNewbie, :lol: automatically reading negativity into a little jocularity. It's simply to pass the time as the thread is awfully quiet as everyone's just hanging out, laying low, waiting for the firmware release. Since I stop by to read the scant new posts, I figure I mine as well have a little fun. :D Besides, I'm innocent, it was @Vaporcussion who started it. (Sorry, had to give you up VC.:p --OK, this just made me feel like a kid in a sandbox throwing sand. :lol:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom