Discontinued Ghost MV1

Northbear

Hi Guys, I'm sorry if someone already said it but I just got my Ghost a few days ago and I'm not able to get good hits out of it. I followed everything the Ghost Team suggested in their videos, but not only the hits are very unconsistend, also the AVB is very uneven. I want to love this vape, but right now, its not possible. I hope its just me and you have good Tips for a noob. Thank you <3

The MV1 just takes time to get used to it. Try all the tips and tricks, keep at it, looking for the techniques that work for you. It took me a couple of months to get used to mine.

It seems that Ghost's marketing folks would like to think of us MV1 owners like this:
images

While the reality of MV1 ownership is more like this:
dexter__s_laboratory_by_hallucijason-d3ker0w.jpg

LesPlenty

Company Rep
However, I have fallen into a slight predicament. Unfortunately, the fast charger I ordered was missing the UK plug adapter,
The ability to use the fast charger with any 12v input is great, as said the Mighty 12v works well but yours is gone, my Woodscents will power it and a lot of other appliances in my house will run it (even an old set-top box supply of mine works), just make sure it says 12volt DC output(2amp at least preferably so it is actually quick).:tup:

Vaponatic

The ability to use the fast charger with any 12v input is great, as said the Mighty 12v works well but yours is gone, my Woodscents will power it and a lot of other appliances in my house will run it (even an old set-top box supply of mine works), just make sure it says 12volt DC output(2amp at least preferably so it is actually quick).:tup:

Thanks, I’ll keep this in mind!

Vaponatic,
Reactions: ataxian

MrKappus

Hello! I am current underdog / grasshopper user and after a year of research i think im finally ready to get a Ghost to replace my GH.

Now that the 420 sale has posted and the vape is selling for $175, i thought it would be a good time to purchase.

Right now it seems like the spare batteries and fast chargers are sold out everywhere and when contacting the store, they said they were unsure when they would return.

so i have 4 questions, if you don't mind...

1. does anyone know what's going on with batteries /. chargers? was there something wrong with them / are they not going to sell them anymore?

2. if they are still good to use, does anyone know a trusted place i can buy the battery and fast charger? I will be using this device mainly for work / travel and think i will need them.

3. Is it a good time to buy? Any rumors of a new model?

4. Anything else to consider? I've already read i should avoid the stealth model due to chipping.

Thanks so much for your time and help. :)

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
@virgil_GHOST, let me be the one to say that the non-committal stance about what's happening with the batteries & fast chargers has gone on too long. Are these items going to be sold again & WHEN? And if you say that they will be sold again, but date unknown, that'll be unacceptable without explaining why. Is it GV's financials or a prob. with the mfr.? What is accounting for the long, possibly unacceptable delay.

New model coming out or not, I would expect a company to have parts on hand for existing models for at least 5 years (longest warranty period) after the last unit is sold.

Just let us know truthfully where we stand with replacements.

Thank you.

Last edited:

badbee

Ghost is known for great customer service and I really want them to survive and be successful. I really like using my MV1 and would love to see an MV2 with the needed improvements. The heater and heat sink design is really clever, best for a portable on the market in my opinion, the execution on the manufacturing side is a significant problem however.

We've reached the point where they are not being truthful with us. Batteries have not been available for 9 months or more. My theory, based on a couple of comments made by Ghost early last year about shipments, is that they received a big batch of badly substandard batteries and are fighting with their supplier about it. If that's the case they deserve credit for not dumping them on us, the consumers. On the other hand, 9 months is freaking ridiculous.

Please Ghost, I've recommended this vape to people, I would like to be able to keep recommending it in good faith.

SquirrelMaster

@badbee I've said it before and I'll say it again, industry leading customer service but...I can only recommend the Ghost to most if you have an additional battery and depending on your usage possibly a fast charger as well. I rarely use my fast charger these days but between my batteries I can easily go without one for the 8+ hours it takes to charge (plus a slow charge is always nicer to the cells). If I only had one battery I wouldn't be able to have this as my daily driver. If you're only vaping a few crucibles per day and you top off your battery up every night you won't have an issue until the cells start to degrade and you need another battery at which point...:shrug:

@virgil_GHOST
I had asked about the firmware update before that was affected by the Apple ban on vaping apps but I never clarified my questions as to what happened to the Android version that you were working on. Is the Android version on hold until the iOS/web app is ready so their releases coincide? Is the Android version still being worked on or is it on hold as resources have been allocated entirely to the web app development?

MrKappus

Hm. I’ll keep following this thread, but it seems like the ghost may not be the best solution anymore. My second choice was the tinymight or crafty, and I may go with the latter since it seems a more safe option. Thank you everyone.

MrKappus,

SquirrelMaster

@Jill NYC
Well that sucks. Virgil gave instructions somewhere in the thread about steps to take if that happened but I can't remember the exact details. It's been many months since I fired up the app so I just checked but no updates for me. I can't remember having an updates since I bought it last April.

Ghost had talked about better performance and more importantly a way to eliminate the bluetooth battery drain with the update. I turned on my MV1 about a week ago and then ended up getting distracted and not using it but when I went to use it today, the battery was dead. Curse you bluetooth drain!

@MrKappus It depends on your situation but if you're looking at the 2 you listed I would go for the former, it's my current favorite and for good reason (check out the TM thread).

MrKappus

thanks for the insight! i originally was going to go with the TM and liked everything i was seeing in the thread so far about it. I also prefer not to have a session vape so that was a big appeal of both the TM and GMV1. The only real downside i see is how new it is. I worry that after waiting weeks for one to ship ill be left in another situation like ghost is in now. I am replacing a grasshopper, which everyone knows was a massive cluster-F, so the appeal of an older, more well known company is large. Anyway, thanks again, I will keep researching and hope a US reseller for TM pops up again soon, OR that the people at Ghost surprise us and come through.

MrKappus,

virgil_GHOST

Company Rep
Company Rep
@virgil_GHOST, let me be the one to say that the non-committal stance about what's happening with the batteries & fast chargers has gone on too long. Are these items going to be sold again & WHEN? And if you say that they will be sold again, but date unknown, that'll be unacceptable without explaining why. Is it GV's financials or a prob. with the mfr.? What is accounting for the long, possibly unacceptable delay.

New model coming out or not, I would expect a company to have parts on hand for existing models for at least 5 years (longest warranty period) after the last unit is sold.

Just let us know truthfully where we stand with replacements.

Thank you.

Hi @Summer
What we have as far as batteries go is more than enough stock to cover warranty replacements. Until we receive more, we have to be conservative to make sure we continue to take care of our current customers, especially those that have had the MV1 since launch. The warranty is only good for a year, but I think it's already clear that we've not stuck to that policy and have honored warranty claims well passed the end date. Until we have stock in our warehouse, we will not have an ETA. We've made the mistake of counting our chickens before they've hatched before.

@SquirrelMaster
The iOS ban really put a wrench in our plans for the firmware updates. Since they were to be made available for both our Android and iOS, and we no longer have the option of an iOS app release, we changed course and are working on a web-based app. This way everyone's covered in the event Android makes the same change. We hope things go smoothly so that we can release the app soon.

Cheers,
Virgil from GHOST Vapes
Visit our Support KnowledgeBase for the most accurate information about your MV1 and Accessories +GHOST Vapes KnowledgeBase

SquirrelMaster

@virgil_GHOST
So moving forward the Android app will no longer be updated then right? What I mean is will the app be made compatible to work with future versions of Android or is its current version the final one? Moving forward then Android users will be required to use the web app to take advantage on any features in new versions?

virgil_GHOST

Company Rep
Company Rep
@virgil_GHOST
So moving forward the Android app will no longer be updated then right? What I mean is will the app be made compatible to work with future versions of Android or is its current version the final one? Moving forward then Android users will be required to use the web app to take advantage on any features in new versions?

Hi @SquirrelMaster !
The way things are looking at the moment, with Apple not budging on their stance, the current version of the Android looks to be the last for the Android platform. I don't have the particulars so I won't speculate on what will happen to the Android app, but, the goal is to have an app with features that all of our customers will have access to and all efforts from then on would be focused on updating that main version of the app.

@cosimo
For the silicone, I recommend taking a q-tip, just wet with water, and doing a once over. If you're talking about cleaning further down into the ceramic coil encasement, the discoloration is normal. I don't have a recommendation for any deep cleaning. I don't recommend taking the MV1 apart to access the coil chamber as well. Let me know if you have any questions on that.

Last edited:

kiddvudu2

How do you guys clean the bottom silicone part?

Are u a "flipper" @cosimo? I ask b/c (while not a flipper, turner, nor stirrer myself) I am aware of the oil that builds up on crucible lids after a sesh. I always wipe it off my finger onto a shop towel after removing the crucible. I could see how this would easily rub off onto that gasket if the crucible was inverted.

I firmly believe, as long as the "fill" is correct, perfect AVB is achievable every time without any necessary hokey-pokey. U won't get as many draws, but if ur gonna open the latch to do that, why not instead pop in a fresh, full flavor, new crucible?

Peese!!

Some-new-user

Sorry to just chime in but I actually 'stirred' my first crucible yesterday (after a year and a bit of daily MV1 usage) hugely impressed by the results. I mean I feel like I can get quite a few pulls normally but there were at least 2 or 3 big rips after stirring. I was at max temp 428f. I simply emptied the contents and put them back in.

Definitely agree grind and pack is very important in this piece.

Also @kiddvudu2 you mention flipper? Has anyone noticed the crucibles fit in the bottom side of the holder? (Upside down) I havent tried to close the door, probably wouldn't recommend it as the silicone feels quite tight. Just an observation. Sometimes I get a few green spots at the top of my crucibles this is an indication to clean for me, heatsink or the tiny holes in the lids is a usual for me, it just says to me that air isn't passing through there as much as the rest of the places.

I dont think there is a massive need for stirring etc but you CAN and it might get a little more out of your herb - that was my conclusion the other day. I love the punch of flavour and hit with the MV1

cosimo

Are u a "flipper" @cosimo? I ask b/c (while not a flipper, turner, nor stirrer myself) I am aware of the oil that builds up on crucible lids after a sesh. I always wipe it off my finger onto a shop towel after removing the crucible. I could see how this would easily rub off onto that gasket if the crucible was inverted.

I firmly believe, as long as the "fill" is correct, perfect AVB is achievable every time without any necessary hokey-pokey. U won't get as many draws, but if ur gonna open the latch to do that, why not instead pop in a fresh, full flavor, new crucible?

Peese!!

I tried flipping it a few times... tasty results, but dropped a crucible once and chipped it, so don't do it any longer. I also almost always clean my crucibles thoroughly after taking them out of the vaporizer, and completely clean the heatsink every weekend. If it is a stain from material rubbed or fallen from the crucible, must've been from the times I tried different grinds, maybe the finer ones fell through, but that was months ago... now I use coarse.

I do feel spinning the crucible helps me a lot so I do it often since I can clearly see my coils are tilted more towards one side of the vape, so heat kinda comes up more concentrated on one side of the chamber... this side is actually were the bottom green silicone is stained that you can see in the picture.. the rest of that bottom part isn't stained... hope it's a stain i can remove and not silicone discoloration o degrading... that's not something I'd like in my vape. Will report back once I get some Q-tips to try to clean it.

Last edited:

okc0mputer

I just pulled the trigger on an MV1. Great deal for $125, but is not the 4/20 special with the crucible dispenser and a bunch of crap. I figure if I like the vape, I'll spend the $30 for the crucible dispenser later. I've been waiting to make this purchase hoping for batteries to come back in stock first, but starting with the basics at a good price works to0 :)

Djsleepy

I just pulled the trigger on an MV1. Great deal for $125, but is not the 4/20 special with the crucible dispenser and a bunch of crap. I figure if I like the vape, I'll spend the $30 for the crucible dispenser later. I've been waiting to make this purchase hoping for batteries to come back in stock first, but starting with the basics at a good price works to0 :)

Where is the deal? I know people will want to know

Top Bottom