Discontinued Ghost MV1

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Latch is gone start a ticket.......all of my latches that went started that way......if you look in with a flashlight at latch you will probably see.missing teeth that hold latch.....over time of opening /closing causes issue imo.......

thanks, did so.

yep

Here's my temporary solution -
sQibbiK.jpg

virgil_GHOST

Company Rep
Company Rep
My door won't close.... FFS :(

FML.
What to do next? no idea why its not closing, it was closing an hour ago before after I cleaned the device, this sucks.

I'm sorry to hear that. It's covered by the warranty. I'll send you a PM and collect your info.

For future reference and for the quickest turnaround you can submit a trouble ticket on our website under "Support" in the top right corner of the page.

Cheers,
Virgil from GHOST Vapes

m0sh

Wow it works? I would assume big gap would be.letting too much air in......but hey if it does the job that's all that matters!

I have tested using my fingers to hold it and the airflow seems to not differ, yes, it feels like more air is coming (in both ways), but I can still get a bowl rolling.

Djsleepy

I have tested using my fingers to hold it and the airflow seems to not differ, yes, it feels like more air is coming (in both ways), but I can still get a bowl rolling.

Mine always had too much air and I would get one hit.and bowl would be spent after.....

m0sh

Mine always had too much air and I would get one hit.and bowl would be spent after.....

Oh, I was comparing to holding it with my finger...yep, its too airy, I'm gonna stop using it for now, also, I managed to shatter one of the crucibles, it broke while in use? I took it out of the device and it was shattered.

virgil_GHOST

Company Rep
Company Rep
Oh, I was comparing to holding it with my finger...yep, its too airy, I'm gonna stop using it for now, also, I managed to shatter one of the crucibles, it broke while in use? I took it out of the device and it was shattered.

Hey @m0sh I'll make sure you get a replacement crucible. I'll reach out to George in CS.

Cheers,
Virgil from GHOST Vapes

m0sh

Hey @m0sh I'll make sure you get a replacement crucible. I'll reach out to George in CS.

Cheers,
Virgil from GHOST Vapes

Thanks Virgil...
I have to give you credit for customer support, its really well done, I'm glad I'm your customer and hopefully all companies will follow.

I hate to sound like the guy who always complained, but I have one more nitpick, perhaps its my fault. I was looking at your video on how to clean the device, and I soaked my heat sink in 99% ISO and the color started to peel off.
I notice that you use 91%, do you think this is the reason? because I don't it.
With that being said, the heat sink can be cleaned pretty well by just using a Q-tip, so I'll be trying that next time and only put the crucibles there, as they are easier to clean when soaking, rather than with some vipes or a soaked q-tip

virgil_GHOST

Company Rep
Company Rep
Thanks Virgil...
I have to give you credit for customer support, its really well done, I'm glad I'm your customer and hopefully all companies will follow.

I hate to sound like the guy who always complained, but I have one more nitpick, perhaps its my fault. I was looking at your video on how to clean the device, and I soaked my heat sink in 99% ISO and the color started to peel off.
I notice that you use 91%, do you think this is the reason? because I don't it.
With that being said, the heat sink can be cleaned pretty well by just using a Q-tip, so I'll be trying that next time and only put the crucibles there, as they are easier to clean when soaking, rather than with some vipes or a soaked q-tip

Hey @m0sh !

Great point, thank you for mentioning. The video we have on our YouTube was created before the Stealth and we've not been able to get a edited version up. We do have a KnowledgeBase article that makes mention of the Stealth Peeling here for anyone following >>> MV1: Cleaning

Let me know if you have any questions folks!

Cheers,
Virgil from GHOST Vapes

Allbusinessjr

Latch is gone start a ticket.......all of my latches that went started that way......if you look in with a flashlight at latch you will probably see.missing teeth that hold latch.....over time of opening /closing causes issue imo.......

My third stealth’s latch chipped again. Only a matter of time until full failure. Disappointing, as this is clearly a design defect that takes away from an otherwise awesome device.

is it confirmed that the latch issue is less prevalent on other colors? A few months ago, I’d noticed that some were recommending the satin silver. I don’t care for the colors other than the stealth, but I’m inclined to switch during my next warranty replacement, if that means that I can avoid future latch problems. The stealth is basically a latch failure time bomb.

david8613

this is known problem for sure, but knowing this I try to be extra careful opening and closing mine. I hold down the door with a little pressure and then hit the latch to open and then I will push down on latch and then close the door and then release latch with the door lightly pressed closed. I think this will help in the long run with less friction clicking and unclicking that latch.

this is known problem for sure, but knowing this I try to be extra careful opening and closing mine. I hold down the door with a little pressure and then hit the latch to open and then I will push down on latch and then close the door and then release latch with the door lightly pressed closed. I think this will help in the long run with less friction clicking and unclicking that latch.
I do the same now to put less wear on the latch

BangBoomBang

My third stealth’s latch chipped again. Only a matter of time until full failure. Disappointing, as this is clearly a design defect that takes away from an otherwise awesome device.

is it confirmed that the latch issue is less prevalent on other colors? A few months ago, I’d noticed that some were recommending the satin silver. I don’t care for the colors other than the stealth, but I’m inclined to switch during my next warranty replacement, if that means that I can avoid future latch problems. The stealth is basically a latch failure time bomb.

Yeah, you are right, but I think they heared the message. I am pretty sure, the MV2 will have this problem solved!

Things like this happen and the MV1 is a highly engineered device. Not too bad for a first try, I'd say!

virgil_GHOST

Company Rep
Company Rep

Thank you all for sharing your experience with @Allbusinessjr . The issue is isolated to the Stealth and we're doing all we can to get ahead of it. In the meantime we'd like to get you back up and running with a new MV1. I'll send you a private message so that I can collect your account details.

Cheers,
Virgil from GHOST Vapes

Baron23

Thank you all for sharing your experience with @Allbusinessjr . The issue is isolated to the Stealth and we're doing all we can to get ahead of it. In the meantime we'd like to get you back up and running with a new MV1. I'll send you a private message so that I can collect your account details.

Cheers,
Virgil from GHOST Vapes
Freakin AWESOME response. !!

Northbear

Hi everybody! I've decided to sign-up after lurking for the past 6 months.

My stealth MV1 has been working very well these past months. Virgil did a great
job helping me with the heatsink when the paint/coating chipped. So far, no
problems with the door latch, I've been treating it very gently!

My next purchase will be a spare battery. A couple of the retailers on Virgi's list
are out of stock, so it looks like I'd better order one next week as the supplies
are dwindling away.

Finally, it took me a while, but I finally figured out the the crucible holder will hold
the crucibles upside down. So now I put the ABV crucibles in upside down and
can avoid the embarrasment of trying to get vapor from a used crucible.

Have a good day everyone!

david8613

I know I've tried to squeeze something out of nothing due to forgetting which ones were spent.....your not alone in doing that lol!!!!

I did one even worse, but with the dosing capsules for my mighty. I had lent my friend my mighty for the weekend so when it came back I was anxious to use it, and I loaded my mighty up with a dosing capsule and started the heating and when I went to take a pull, NOTHING! I tried again NOTHING! I was like what the hell??? So my wife tried Nothing! I was like shit, my friend must have broken my mighty! :mad::mad::mad:. I let her cool off and when I checked the pod it was completely empty!!!:bang:. DOH! and that's one to grow on! Lol

SquirrelMaster

@Northbear You just have to make sure you hold the holder the same way, I flip it between my left and right hand. It was messing with me a couple weeks ago because I loaded the holder in my right hand but then all day I was opening with my left for some odd reason and I kept thinking "why the fuck did I load this upside down". After repeated crucibles it too me a bit to put together :brow:

@david8613 Yup, I've popped in an empty crucible a couple times :lol:. The first time I took 3 draws and started to get mad thinking it was broken or something. :doh:

david8613

@Northbear You just have to make sure you hold the holder the same way, I flip it between my left and right hand. It was messing with me a couple weeks ago because I loaded the holder in my right hand but then all day I was opening with my left for some odd reason and I kept thinking "why the fuck did I load this upside down". After repeated crucibles it too me a bit to put together :brow:

@david8613 Yup, I've popped in an empty crucible a couple times :lol:. The first time I took 3 draws and started to get mad thinking it was broken or something. :doh:

its funny because I was really upset! you would think oh "its just a vaporizer", but its not, I find you do get attached to these devices. when I first started using vaporizers I thought why do people have so many devices, once the vas hit me I understood. every device has its own little personality and its always good to have back ups, I also let friends use my vaporizers to get them to leave combustion or use I different devices for different occasions.

Last edited:

virgil_GHOST

Company Rep
Company Rep
Hi everybody! I've decided to sign-up after lurking for the past 6 months.

Finally, it took me a while, but I finally figured out the the crucible holder will hold
the crucibles upside down. So now I put the ABV crucibles in upside down and
can avoid the embarrasment of trying to get vapor from a used crucible.

Have a good day everyone!

Great tip, love it.

Northbear

Well ... I used to worry that the folks at Ghost weren't making any money.
Replacing those MV1s with bad latches, etc. must cut into the profits quite a bit.
But, I found this pic of the Ghost Tour Bus. Guess I'll need to find something
else to worry about. :)
Ghost-MV-1-Vaporizer-Concert.png

Baron23

Well ... I used to worry that the folks at Ghost weren't making any money.
Replacing those MV1s with bad latches, etc. must cut into the profits quite a bit.
But, I found this pic of the Ghost Tour Bus. Guess I'll need to find something
else to worry about. :)
Ghost-MV-1-Vaporizer-Concert.png
Where and when was this? Link?

Baron23,
Top Bottom