Discontinued Ghost MV1

SquirrelMaster

I've had my MV1 for nearly a week and I've been chatting with Ghost a few of those days over their online chat, Virgil to be specific. I am completely blown away at the level of professionalism, dedication and friendliness this team has to its customers and products. There are very few companies out there that stand where Ghost does especially when it comes to customer service. They stand among the best, LEGO and Apple being 2 others in the same category.

Every question I asked, and I get nerdy with stuff, was met with detailed answers. Heck, I was asking if the team had a favorite grinder and Virgil ran around the office to take a poll. Santa Cruz Shredder (no affiliation) won the popular vote in case anyone is wondering. How many companies would be willing to do something like that? You can tell they care, they're passionate, and they take care of their customers.

I plan on posting a nice long review after I've had more time with the MV1 but so far I'm loving it. Just had a nice session where I started on Red 1, I was inspired while re-watching VapeCritic's part 2 review, and I had a good 7 draws. Wow. As a medical user this has kept me feeling just fine over the past days.
Hats off to you Ghost.

kiddvudu2

Hey all,

Just did a cleaning on the MV1 and noticed some very small stains starting to form on the white ceramic that encases the elements (below/under that protective screen down there). Like maybe some "goodness" has dripped/splattered from the bottom of the crucible. I dare not try to reach it to clean it with anything, and I'm fairly certain it shouldn't affect performance. However, I wonder if it may contribute to odor as it builds up over time. I clean the heat sink assembly fairly regularly, and it's usually not as bad as I've seen VapeCritic's in his videos, but maybe I should still clean a little more frequently.

Just wondering if anybody is seeing the same thing and if anybody has any suggestions or comments.

Peese!

kiddvudu2,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Disclaimer: My wife works for Ghost Vapes. Take that into consideration when reading my posts in this thread. I will attempt to present factual, impartial information on Ghost products, but won't blame you one bit if you think I am biased towards this company.

Hey all,

Just did a cleaning on the MV1 and noticed some very small stains starting to form on the white ceramic that encases the elements (below/under that protective screen down there). Like maybe some "goodness" has dripped/splattered from the bottom of the crucible. I dare not try to reach it to clean it with anything, and I'm fairly certain it shouldn't affect performance. However, I wonder if it may contribute to odor as it builds up over time. I clean the heat sink assembly fairly regularly, and it's usually not as bad as I've seen VapeCritic's in his videos, but maybe I should still clean a little more frequently.

Just wondering if anybody is seeing the same thing and if anybody has any suggestions or comments.

Peese!

It will get dirtier over time, but won't effect performance unless you get something significant down there, like an overload of extract. I've never tried clean mine, and I recommend the same to you. Perfectly normal...carry on!

Vitolo

Vaporist
All of the patients that receive the refurbished MV1s from the Ghost Vape upgrade program, feel the same.
They each get one crucible, and most are using the unit heavily.
(Thanks @ghostvapesofficial ).
I have been to see a few recently, and while some are slightly more discolored than others, all function well, and have acquired no essences or odors other than the strain that is in the crucible at that moment.
For those wishing brand new Crucibles the Crucible kit at https://www.ghostvapes.com/crucible-kit is a great deal!

buddingglasshead

Well, I had planned on purchasing a MV1 for 4.20/birthday, but quite a few turns offs.

-crucible dispenser out of stock and seems like that has been an issue for a bit
-locked in battery system when they are using 18650s.
-"forced" to use a fast charger because of locked in system
(for a heavy user who doesn't want like 3 batteries on hand)
-doesn't seem resellers can provide discounts
-bluetooth connectivity required for full experience including warranty
-nontransferable warranty (huge bane for a company for me)

I think I equate Ghost to Apple in the sense of how locked down everything is. It's a great experience from everything I've seen from videos and this thread. Apple is a great experience for some because of its locked down ecosystem, but that just isn't for me. I need to have options open and it just seems that isn't going to happen with the MV1 for me. I'd say both make a quality product, but Apple is known for having systemic issues with their phones and laptops. Ghost seems to have resolved any issue that has come their way. Another way they are like them includes the approach to the battery system.

I don't have a MV1 and not going to act like it new battery holder could be made to use your own batteries. I can't tell if that can be done just from what I've seen in pictures or video. I also understand why Ghost probably doesn't want to do that as then you have to trust the customer is sourcing not only the right batteries, but also from a legitimate source. It locks you into their fairly expensive battery, though it's definitely more than just a battery holster. If you want to have those batteries constantly charged it seems like the fast charger is semi-necessary.

The reason I hate non-transferable warranties, is because its often how I try a product from a company. Buying used, that is. I first bought 2 UD here on the site... Now I have 5. 3 were purchased directly from UD. Bought a Zion and Milaana here and then bought a P.A.M., Splinter, and Splinter Z direct. Bought a M on here and then bought a Nonavong direct. Bought a SBL Jr and then purchased a Maxx from a retailer. You get the point and I know so many people like me. I feel that Ghost is missing out on a customer base because of this and it could really affect sales of a new product.

Not trying to hate! @ghostvapesofficial Just want to provide my feedback in hopes that it maybe helpful. I've followed the thread for quite some time and have been really excited to get a MV1. Just a little bummed that I'm forced to purchase new to have the full experience and can't seem to find a small discount from retailers. I've seen the 4.20 deal direct and it's enticing considering my issues with the fast charger are a bit null and void when it's free.

Summer

Long Island, NY
@buddinglass, I never use the app & feel I get the whole experience.

You can register through the website or the app.

Although it's beat, I do understand no transfer of warranty.

And like you, understand the use of proprietary batteries.

kiddvudu2

-crucible dispenser out of stock and seems like that has been an issue for a bit
-locked in battery system when they are using 18650s.
-"forced" to use a fast charger because of locked in system
(for a heavy user who doesn't want like 3 batteries on hand)
-doesn't seem resellers can provide discounts
-bluetooth connectivity required for full experience including warranty
-nontransferable warranty (huge bane for a company for me)

-agree, at this point I want to order 2 dispensers when they become available, but I probably only really need one.
-I was nervous about the battery system myself, I have the quick charger but have put it in a drawer now. I can easily go more than 2 days on a single battery using it at least 5 crucibles per day (often closer to 10). When one of them dies, I just plug it into USB and when it finishes charging I put it back in my carry case with the MV1. I have yet to run one of them down before the other was fully charged. Not even close.
-I don't usually shop for discounts, so no comment here.
-bluetooth interface is pretty nice, but I don't feel like it's 100% necessary for every session. I often just don't have my phone on me and it's NBD.
-not sure if any of my other vapes have a transferable warranty, it seems like a nice idea, but I can definitely understand why it's not commonplace.

It's a sweet device brother, but you have to go with your guts. It took me a full 3 days to realize how much I really liked this thing, and now it's my daily driver. I finally pulled my IQ back out today after sitting in my "funbox" for 12 days straight. That's 12 days of only using the MV1. I'm pulling the others out today just to switch it up a bit, I like the multiple option option...option. lol.

SquirrelMaster

I definitely get that no one wants to buy a fast charger. Especially when other vaporizers on the market have <3 hour charging with a similar dual 18650 setup. The Power Bundle is the only way to buy IMO combined with the crucible dispenser. Is it because of the USB setup, a requirement in their design, I'm not sure? I immediately thought of it as the cost I had to pay for what I wanted and that was that.

At least the battery is interchangeable compared to the Mighty (which has to be sent in) for example. Whether that means you have a backup or down the road you just want to buy a new pack I'm glad the option is there.

Don't forget you can charge the battery disconnected from the MV1 as well. At least this way you could have an extra battery and as long as you weren't going to kill 2 batteries in an 8 hour span you would be covered. At that point when you make it a power bundle you're only spending $40 more for the fast charger though.

It sucks the crucible dispensers aren't in stock, I ordered from Canadian retailer www.canadianvaporizers.ca and I'm still waiting on mine but what can you do. If another couple weeks pass by I'll start to get agitated but they'll be back, not the end of the world.

Maybe @ghostvapesofficial could offer a back order option on the dispensers? With a big disclaimer at least people would be informed and could order and know they have one reserved.

I can see your issue with transferrable warranties. I don't plan to sell my device, I rarely sell anything I buy, but it matters to some people and it would be another selling point for Ghost.

Edit: Meant to comment on the app. You could most likely use it once and never touch it again. It's not much faster to grab my phone as opposed to just cycle through the temps on the device. I had level 4 (Red 1) and level 5 (Red 2) set to different temps through the app while I played around but I set them back to stock for now.

buddingglasshead

Thanks for the clarification everyone! I was just basing that off of their own warranty policy and must've skipped the part where it mentions doing it on the website instead as an option. Should've have also clarified that I do understand bluetooth connectivity is not needed for every session. I'm just not a fan of bluetooth in general. For an interface like that, I'd much prefer just a dedicate connection and application like escribe for DNA devices but that'd be $$$ compared to app development for a phone.

I definitely understand about the batteries. It's just so silly to me when I have like 6 pairs of 18650s (not including singles, triple or quad sets) to then have to purchase a 60 dollar battery that contains relatively the same thing just to make sure I could actually use it as an all day vape and I'm sure it'd be heavy into my rotation almost certainly even a daily use vape (see signature mostly heavy hitters for daily use0, but I just don't think I'd be fully satisfied with the money spent to have the full experience with the MV1 that I would want.

Maybe Black Friday will bring an even better sale considering it'll have been on the market even longer? :shrug:

Vitolo

Vaporist
@buddinglass, I never use the app & feel I get the whole experience.
You can register through the website or the app.
Although it's beat, I do understand no transfer of warranty.
And like you, understand the use of proprietary batteries.
I use a flip phone.
No smart phone.... no app.
I use the MV1 every day! I use it at all 6 heat levels without issue.

Djsleepy

@kiddvudu2 I have 18 crucible s of varying degrees of staining...never affected production....soak in iso keeps smell away....clean after two or three times of use of each crucible....

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

@kiddvudu2 I have 18 crucible s of varying degrees of staining...never affected production....soak in iso keeps smell away....clean after two or three times of use of each crucible....

I kinda want a second and I don't even have my first one yet haha. Color code them with different strains. It brings a smile to my face just thinking about it.

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: stressed

Djsleepy

Color code them with different strains. It brings a smile to my face just thinking about it.

I was thinking about a crucible holder that could have like a dry erase piece of material on outside of the covers/doors where you can initial strain name or whether its.sative,indica, or hybrid....hope that makes sense.....hadn't thought about color.coded crucibles.....interesting.......

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

I was thinking about a crucible holder that could have like a dry erase piece of material on outside of the covers/doors where you can initial strain name or whether its.sative,indica, or hybrid....hope that makes sense.....hadn't thought about color.coded crucibles.....interesting.......

Not the actual crucibles them themselves as I'd be afraid of the heat but I was thinking a sticker on the door by each crucible and the same sticker on the strain bottle. I like your dry erase marker idea. As long as they're fine enough on the end, something like these maybe. https://www.amazon.com/Professional...rker+fine+tip&qid=1555069401&s=gateway&sr=8-3

SquirrelMaster,

kiddvudu2

I'm talking about the white ceramic that makes up the "oven". The white part that surrounds the 2 heat elements down below the crucible.

kiddvudu2,
Reactions: Summer

SquirrelMaster

I'm talking about the white ceramic that makes up the "oven". The white part that surrounds the 2 heat elements down below the crucible.

@kiddvudu2, I twist the end of a dampened q-tip & insert it between the openings of the ss plate that sits above the oven. It picks up some of the blackened bits.

I meant to mention that Ghost said it was ok to clean that part of the oven with a q-tip soaked in ISO, upside down obviously. That was one of the many questions I had for Virgil as I had a little black mark in mine from something that must have fallen in.

Djsleepy

@Ripstar brought these crucible holders

https://delta3dstudios.com/portable-vaporizer-accessories/ghost-vapes-mv1/

to my attention and I have gotten a few for the extra crucible s I have accumulated....what's cool is there are.three colors black,grey, and orange... You also can get a single holder or the 4 or 5 crucible holders ......I have the grey and black (5 holders) and use them to differentiate strains I'm using with unit.....

Last edited:
Top Bottom