• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Ghost MV1

Djsleepy

i had no over heating problems with my stealth 5 crucibles in a row no problem,but this black chrome over heats after 2 cruibles on amber 4?,somethings not right.

that's what I have is the black chrome....wonder if I need to switch to stealth? I have heard from several posters that it is better/different than other colors........

edit:
Two crucible setting 4 4-5 hits per crucible overheat by end of second.....long consistent draws ....something is not right

Last edited:

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
Ghost replaced my MV1 because overheating...I’ve been unable to test my new one since receiving it, due to no material.

ClearBlueLou,
Reactions: Summer

SquirrelMaster

It would be interesting to see a comparison of two different units, one of which is said to work perfectly for one user and the other from someone that is having over heating issues. Could there be large manufacturing tolerances causing issues? Firmware? Or is it as simple as user draw speeds and/or ambient temperatures? I hope whatever the issue(s) is/are they can be worked out. As a prospective buyer I'm definitely concerned when I hear such drastically different viewpoints. Thankfully for Ghost they have little competition in the on demand, battery powered vape market.

Djsleepy

Don't misunderstand me ....love the vape ....but use hard for.daily driver and this is my one irk.....overheating so much.....seems that stealth does not do as much of it at all.....

Djsleepy,

Summer

Long Island, NY
@triskelion, do you own this vape?

@wilky, have you opened up a service ticket?

why don't you have a second heat sink assembly to allow cooling time for the original? Every other rotation.

Give it a go.

It would be interesting to see a comparison of two different units, one of which is said to work perfectly for one user and the other from someone that is having over heating issues.

This would get to the root of it.

Thankfully for Ghost they have little competition in the on demand, battery powered vape market.

Disagree. They have plenty of competition. But what they do have is a 5 year warranty & great CS which are worth their weight in gold.

Last edited:

Djsleepy

Forum members: especially those with stealth and black chrome....CS said I could swap to stealth as it has no reported performance issues.....but warned me about latch issue.....how much of an issue is it for you guys and gals? Also peeling.issues?

for those with two units what would you advise?

I'm torn but was told they have seen better performAnce with stealths :tup:? Thoughts?

Djsleepy,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Disclaimer: My wife works for Ghost Vapes. Take that into consideration when reading my posts in this thread. I will attempt to present factual, impartial information on Ghost products, but won't blame you one bit if you think I am biased towards this company.

I still think you should pull harder. Or pull the mouthpiece out more and take stronger, shorter draws. You gotta get more heat out of there.

Djsleepy

Disclaimer: My wife works for Ghost Vapes. Take that into consideration when reading my posts in this thread. I will attempt to present factual, impartial information on Ghost products, but won't blame you one bit if you think I am biased towards this company.

I still think you should pull harder. Or pull the mouthpiece out more and take stronger, shorter draws. You gotta get more heat out of there.

I'm pulling harder it's just overheats a lot...mp is pulled out... Do you have stealth?
Virgil said that stealth have shown to perform better than other colors.

Some-new-user

@Djsleepy

I've got two units. Stealth and Satin Silver. I've had the satin overheat a few times, not the stealth BUT I don't hammer that - that's sort of my backup. I've gone mad on vapes over this past year so I'm rotating quite a few. I doubt I've used it more than 20 times in the last 3 months - not a problem but also not a problem with my satin that I've used daily for 3 months.

The latch doesn't feel any different. The vape's themselves don't feel different to me apart from the obvious cosmetic differences.

The only thing I could think any difference between the stealth and the other models is the colour or the composition of the metal body material, possibly the matt black absorbs more heat and draws it away from the heater/sensor and the reflective finish on the other models does exactly that- reflects. It might be BullS**t. It might be a percentage? Might not make a difference. To me it's just looks.

Not sure if you've tried without the mouthpiece? I've seen it mentioned in places? I'd watch your lips though. Do you have any other vapes? Or a Waterpipe adaptor? @Slightly Medicated is making me want to do some ghost chugging:science:

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Djsleepy, go for it. If the latch breaks, your under warranty & you'll get a replacement. The vape should be used, not babied or abused.

Just to mention I have the latest, same version, of the Stealth & Chrome & they both behave the same. Only thing is, I only do 1crucible 99.9% of the time.

"Some-new-user, post: 1361561, member: 36744"]The only thing I could think any difference between the stealth and the other models is the colour or the composition of the metal body material, possibly the matt black aborbs more heat and draws it away from the heater/sensor and the reflective finish on the other models does exact that - reflects. It might be BullS**t. It might be a percentage? Might not make a difference.

The only statements I agree with in this paragraph is:
"Some-new-user, post: 1361561, member: 36744"]
It might be BullS**t. Might not make a difference.

:nod: :p :lol:

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

Disagree. They have plenty of competition. But what they do have is a 5 year warranty & great CS which are worth their weight in gold.

The only other I can think of is the FF2. I suppose there is the Milaana 1/2, FW5, Nomad, Tubo, Splinter and Boxmods but I don't think of them in the same way. Maybe because of the wood casing? I suppose they're the same in the sense that they're on demand and you could always buy a non wood casing for some but they sit in a different category in my mind. I'm weird though haha.

The 5 year warranty is HUGE! And it pales in comparison to the amazing customer service experiences I keep reading about. There are so many companies that don't give a damn about the customer once the product is out the door and/or any warranty claims are a nightmare to deal with. Not Ghost though. They seem more like Apple or LEGO who treat their customers like gold (in all my experiences anyways), going the distance to keep the customer happy. I hope they continue to improve and release new products.

Brewervapesalot

If you can get a MV1 when on a good sale/combo package, especially if you are not a super heavy hitter, you'll love it. And I'm a critic. I've never read this forum, however, and I've read all of it, to think the overheating issue was fully resolved. I just think some people's usage spotlights the problem, and others have no issues.

Summer

Long Island, NY
Thankfully for Ghost they have little competition in the on demand, battery powered vape market.

The only other I can think of is the FF2. I suppose there is the Milaana 1/2, FW5, Nomad, Tubo, Splinter and Boxmods but I don't think of them in the same way. Maybe because of the wood casing? I suppose they're the same in the sense that they're on demand and you could always buy a non wood casing for some but they sit in a different category in my mind. I'm weird though haha.

In my mind, the regulated 510 vapes (Stempods included) are in the same category as both are regulated convection vapes. But not the unregulated ones like the Nomad, Milaana, etc. (Don't know if the FF2 or FW5 are reg. or not.)
It comes down to whether or not the design (box mod) is appealing to the individual.

Then you've got the upper mid-level Fierce, Tera and the like. *Can't think of all the applicable vapes right now; well, really don't want to exercise my brain right now. :p

Choice is dependent on price, design, CS, warranty, usage (environment, etc.), any health issues; for example, the Fierce, per the mfr., was designed with very little draw resistance so that those wth respiratory issues could also use it. I've heard that the Tera hits especially hard through water, but can be harsh without.

I just think some people's usage spotlights the problem, and others have no issues.

Good call. Comparable to the unique individualuzed usage style of the vapcap.

But I do additionally feel that each Ghost unit has it's own electronic personality. Like even the same make & model car handles differently.

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Forum members: especially those with stealth and black chrome....CS said I could swap to stealth as it has no reported performance issues.....but warned me about latch issue.....how much of an issue is it for you guys and gals? Also peeling.issues?
for those with two units what would you advise?

I'm torn but was told they have seen better performAnce with stealths :tup:? Thoughts?

If you can swap to a new stealth ...do it. Why would you turn down the opportunity to get a brand new stealth unit? Is there a cost?

I've got the nickle and the stealth and neither has given me latch issues. No peeling on either unit. As I mentioned earlier I can make my nickle unit over-heat if I use the two red lights temp and don't constantly inhale for 5 hits or more. Basically I was holding down the temp button without inhaling by using a mouth pump several times per draw and removing my lips to take in fresh air each time I filled my mouth..this will cause me to overheat eventually.

Ever since I started using a steady inhalation ... I haven't overheated. My stealth has never overheated but I never tried holding down the heat button without inhaling like the nickle since I learned that the best vapor comes from a steady, uninterrupted draw.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

You know more about vaporizer’s than most!

Love FLAVOR!

I heard the GHOST is a flavor device?

Brewervapesalot

Am editing now. :D

Are the FF2 & FW5 regulated or not -- before I edit my post further. :)

FF2 and FW5 are regulated. They're definitely competition. FF2 has (noticeably) better flavor and easier, quicker, cleaning and fits in a pocket and is cheaper, but more draw restriction and less battery life and the laser made tini crucible holes clogged over time requiring deep cleaning every so often and it will break if dropped (a lot of glass). Good customer service. Expensive batteries and hard to find I hear now. Really should buy external charger to make worth it. Comes with two batteries though. Hard to connect to water.

The FW5 uses a standard 18650, standard cheap screens, requires the least amount of cleaning, has five bowls, is on the cheaper side, is pocketable, taste is great at first then turns good to okay, good battery life, easy to connect to water, intituve single button interface can use in the dark, but less responsive customer service. No bluetooth.

MV1 has big battery and bluetooth but latter runs constantly. Easiest draw, connects to water, great flavor at first, easy cleaning but frequent cleaning. Great customer service and probably biggest clouds by a small margin, but a lot of button pushing to change settings without app, and least pocketable. Overheats with heaviest users. Longest warranty.

Last edited:

Baron23

I have questioned Ghost about this closely and there are NO features in the Stealthy that are not in the current production units in any other color. Same firmware, same hdwr incl heater element.

The issue of the Stealth having a bit of a rash of latch breakage seemed to them to batch dependent and they were looking into it (it may, or may not have to do with the Stealth lack not being coated in some sort of chrome looking finish...not determined to my knowledge, at least).

SquirrelMaster

.....but warned me about latch issue.....how much of an issue is it for you guys and gals?

I was under the impression the latch issue on the Stealth was confined to a specific batch. If that info comes straight from the horse's mouth then it must still be an on going issue?

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: ataxian

Djsleepy

I was under the impression the latch issue on the Stealth was confined to a specific batch. If that info comes straight from the horse's mouth then it must still be an on going issue?

That's what I was told..... to be very careful with latch....also performance better with stealth.

Djsleepy,
Reactions: ataxian
Top Bottom