Discontinued Ghost MV1

CANtalk

Interesting feedback on the AVB from the MV1. Is that from the highest temp settings as well?

... You’re right on the money. Convection-only heating leaves a light to medium color. Darker is usually from another heat transfer, like conduction or radiation. At least within the temperatures we are operating at.
That may be the case with the MV1 but there are a number of quality convection evapes that will brown flower as dark as one wishes. Some evapes can heat flower to combustion.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Prior to getting the Herbalizer all my vapes produced brown to black charred looking ABV. The first couple times I used the Herby I was concerned with the extraction because the ABV was beige to light brown and it never got to dark brown. My convection based EVO produced darker ABV than the Herby. My EVO can combust though and my Herby doesn't.

I tried the Herby ABV in my Solo and got nothing. I also tried the Herby ABV in the EVO and gave up trying to extract more because I was already dangerously close to combustion when trying.

The ABV in my Herby is at best light brown and feels powdery dry when I crumble it in my hand.

ABV color isn't always a good indicator of how much goodness is left in the ABV.

sixstringsmash

Prior to getting the Herbalizer all my vapes produced brown to black charred looking ABV. The first couple times I used the Herby I was concerned with the extraction because the ABV was beige to light brown and it never got to dark brown. My convection based EVO produced darker ABV than the Herby. My EVO can combust though and my Herby doesn't.

I tried the Herby ABV in my Solo and got nothing. I also tried the Herby ABV in the EVO and gave up trying to extract more because I was already dangerously close to combustion when trying.

The ABV in my Herby is at best light brown and feels powdery dry when I crumble it in my hand.

ABV color isn't always a good indicator of how much goodness is left in the ABV.

I completely agree as my minivap produces lighter ABV and still manages to completely extract. The one thing I did notice as a difference between the MV1 and my minivap though is that without stirring, the minivap will result in a lighter ABV, but it's completely uniform throughout the entirety of the bowl. With the MV1 I get some spots of pretty darkened ABV and other spots with completely green ABV mixed in, it definitely doesn't extract nearly as evenly as other high end convection vapes I've used. That's just what I've been observing over using it for a week or so though.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Disclaimer: My wife works for Ghost Vapes. Take that into consideration when reading my posts in this thread. I will attempt to present factual, impartial information on Ghost products, but won't blame you one bit if you think I am biased towards this company.

That may be the case with the MV1 but there are a number of quality convection evapes that will brown flower as dark as one wishes. Some evapes can heat flower to combustion.

Without knowing which vapes you reference, my first response would be to check the isolation of heat sources. Chances are there are other sources in those vapes. It’s easier to test with vapes like the Herbalizer or Minivap since the bowls can be completely removed between hits, reducing any radiation or conduction buildup.

CANtalk

Without knowing which vapes you reference, my first response would be to check the isolation of heat sources. Chances are there are other sources in those vapes. It’s easier to test with vapes like the Herbalizer or Minivap since the bowls can be completely removed between hits, reducing any radiation or conduction buildup.
Why is there a reason to check anything? Three well-isolated heat source convection evapes (EVO, Heralizer, Minivap) have already been mentioned that do a good job of consistent brown AVB, and there's probably more. My previous statement stands and I didn't think it was a huge leap or conclusion... "That may be the case with the MV1 but there are a number of quality convection evapes that will brown flower as dark as one wishes. Some evapes can heat flower to combustion."

I look forward to the continued feedback on the MV1. Enjoy.

Last edited:
CANtalk,

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
The few crucibles I worked through were a lovely light brown at the end, and I’ve no doubt I could have made it darker had I wanted to do so. That ABV made it into a pipe, and produced good effect.

ClearBlueLou,
Reactions: habitat-fc

Brewervapesalot

Dead on right. Same experience with Herbalizer and Evo.

In addition, the Herbalizer produces clouds that never taste bad, from grind to spent ABV at the highest temp setting. Second to the fan assist, it's my favorite thing about the Herbalizer. Sure the flavor tastes the best at the beginning, but even when the herb is spent it tastes, well, good. It's like that coffee.... "good 'til the last drop."

Neither the Solo nor Evo (at higher temps) do that. At lower temps the Evo does better flavorwise compared to high settings, but, unsurprisingly, lower temps do not fully extract. I'm not sure any convection vape will fully extract at lower temps.

My MV1's did occasionally combust. Granted all of my units where replaced (more than once) and faulty, but even on great sessions (I could, sometimes, compensate for defects in the devices, to a large extent, by changing usage) the taste went way down hill at the end. The really bad units I had pretty much always had a charred flavor. Even on the first hit. It was weird because the herb was not really burnt. Ghost acknowledged the problem was real on other units too and customer service was excellent.

Point being that some convection vapes are better than others as to flavor longevity and cloud production longevity (which to me are waaaaay more important than even colored, or what color, my ABV is when full extraction is about done).

Conduction vapes always taste like crappy popcorn at the end or worse, so I'm not really talking about them here.

The MV1, at higher heat temps, I would say is average as to flavor longevity. Great flavor for a hit, or two, and maybe the third is alright. Then it goes down hill very fast. Better than a Pax by far, although the first hits on a Pax are quite nice, it just goes to shit quickly flavorwise. But the MV1 is nowhere near an Herbalizer as to the lasting flavor category or the lasting cloud factor, and an Evo is better too as to both.

At lower temps, with an MV1, you can prolong the better taste, but not more than a few more hits as compared to higher temps. And you wont get full extraction (thats kinda the point at lower temps though.)

That all said, the MV1 being mentioned in the same conversation as the Evo or Herbalizer is an accomplishment and is why it has such a following.... It's a battery vape, the other two plug in a wall... they should be a lot better..... and although the MV1 ain't my cup of tea, and I tried, it seems suit more than a few well...

Last edited:

Djsleepy

Please....some help.....I didn't see.how.it.could.happen but.I have had two combustion s today....first time I was like maybe it was.me?????second time time now did nothing different from last three weeks....any issues with combustion? Reported.or fixed? Just trying to figure out......any help.you can give thanks ahead.of time.

Edit: forgot i set up in app with first device......second (one that combusted)needed firmware update....update done......Will let.everyone know out.come.......

Last edited:

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
My first test run on my new MV1: starring some really gooey black reclaim!!
(Ewww)

Would you believe, “it doesn’t taste nasty”?

It’s true...it tastes like very *mildly*-flavored normal concentrate. Not nasty at all.
It wasn’t a leisurely test, just hit it a few times and out the door, but I did get a lift from it, crucible still holds plenty, will hit the rest after the room clears.

Some-new-user

So, is this guy recommendable? :D
I am tempted for a future purchase.
I definitely recommend. My favourite vape so far scan the forums to see how on the ball their customer service is. Remember you get 5 year warranty for registering.

I use mine daily and absolutely love the flavour and effects.

Some-new-user,

Djsleepy

So, is this guy recommendable? :D
I am tempted for a future purchase.

I use throughout the day for medical reasons....it is not only.meeting my needs but.exceeding in several key categories....effects - extremely strong ( sometimes you put it down after a hit and say "sh*t") and amount of product saved- am constantly shocked how much can be extracted for one tiny crucible....then there is battery length/power -does.what the square could not do.....so IMO if those things are important to.you as.they are me....then don't be scared jump on board ....i think you will like it......

Last edited:

TiSteamo

VAPEnsiero... sull'ali dorate...
I love long sessions. With the Swift Pro, a session lasts 50 minutes: calm, slow, relaxing.
I would not like to consume a load with a few shots. From this point of view, how is GHOST?

TiSteamo,

sixstringsmash

I love long sessions. With the Swift Pro, a session lasts 50 minutes: calm, slow, relaxing.
I would not like to consume a load with a few shots. From this point of view, how is GHOST?

The crucibles aren't that big, if I start at a low temp and work up probably about 6-7 hits a crucible and if I start at Max temp more around 3-4 a crucible.

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
I don't think you'll have much luck making any convection vaporizer last anywhere near that long of a session. Unless you take a tiny hit, sit it down for 10 minutes, take another, sit it down for 10 minutes, etc.

crownroyaldaddy

I still find myself reaching for the Mighty.

I have to find out how to make my sessions with my Ghost more consistent and enjoyable. Not getting the effects I’m looking for.

I havent used it for about a week so i think ill give it a clean today and experiment some more!

Trypsy Summers

I still find myself reaching for the Mighty.

I have to find out how to make my sessions with my Ghost more consistent and enjoyable. Not getting the effects I’m looking for.

I havent used it for about a week so i think ill give it a clean today and experiment some more!

Yeah Mighty for ever, :rockon:

Trypsy Summers,
Reactions: WildChild

TiSteamo

VAPEnsiero... sull'ali dorate...
I don't think you'll have much luck making any convection vaporizer last anywhere near that long of a session. Unless you take a tiny hit, sit it down for 10 minutes, take another, sit it down for 10 minutes, etc.

As I said, I own a Swift Pro.
It works like that. I load it and put it at 200 ° C.
It lasts 50 minutes of constant shots (long and slow shots) and in the end there is still steam. When I'm done, the grass is not burnt but brown, lightly toasted.
In fact I do not understand those who speak of "a few minutes sessions".

TiSteamo,
Reactions: arb
Top Bottom