Discontinued Ghost MV1

Djsleepy

I m not gonna lie cleaning this thing is so easy compared to the square....even though I could disassemble square pretty quick and put back......there is no comparison to cleaning MV1.....super duper simple....I'm also glad.I realized quickly what else.I needed .......a second crucible.dispenser and a.second heat sink.....its.so nice to be able to.switch the heat sink out after a dispenser.or two....keeps fresh, hard hits.coming!!!!!

frank grimes

So just got one of these things in today, fired it up and charged it and all that good stuff, works very well so far, I do have one question about the app though.

I installed it on my phone and went to set it up, and it makes you require an account for use it seems. They ask for your first name, last name and email. Why on earth do they need my email and more importantly my last name. I don't exactly live in a legal state so theirs just no way I'm giving them my last name because that's ridiculous so my question would be is there any way to use the app without giving out your name and email?

I totally agree.
Having to give up personal information to unlock the top 2 settings is a roundabout yet so blatant way of infringing on one’s privacy.
I bought an unit anyway with the expectation that if it should break, I’m willing to eat the cost. I used a fake name to sign up for an account and once I unlocked the settings, I got rid of the app.
I praise ghost for the product they put out, but in regards to the issue of privacy, IMO, they get a failing grade.

mephisto

I liked my Ghost very much. The performance is top shelf and the convection effects are strong and full of flavor. I decided to "let it go" because I wanted someone else to be able to have the Ghost experience. The break that I was on ended many days ago, fuck it. My only personal issue with the MV1 is the loading and unloading. I don't see as well as I used to and I don't want to dicker around with small parts to have a session. The vape I gave away was never registered, so I suggest that the new owner take advantage of this fact. I have owned just about every convection based vape that is out there, and the Ghost will probably remain in the top 3.

Alexis

I liked my Ghost very much. The performance is top shelf and the convection effects are strong and full of flavor. I decided to "let it go" because I wanted someone else to be able to have the Ghost experience. The break that I was on ended many days ago, fuck it. My only personal issue with the MV1 is the loading and unloading. I don't see as well as I used to and I don't want to dicker around with small parts to have a session. The vape I gave away was never registered, so I suggest that the new owner take advantage of this fact. I have owned just about every convection based vape that is out there, and the Ghost will probably remain in the top 3.
Hi mate. Thank you very much again for your warm words of support which always me a great deal to me from others who I respect. I think you are a little hard on yourself though, I have never witnessed or seen expressed anything from you here where you have let your character down in any way. Your astounding generosity is genuinely unmatched for a start.

So, break over? Im actually glad for that, I hated the idea of you suffering in boredom and misery for many months forced on your break life is just too short for that stuff. If you were happy to do it then cool but Im pleased to hear that you could allow yourself to do what you feel you need to in your heart. Best of luck with your job and avoiding penalisation.

In case anything occurs, we have a really nice guy, quite new here, super knowledgable, who practices law, and has lots of particular experience and practice in dealing with these types of cases where people are tested for cannabis and found positive.

I have heard him speaking about the loopholes and ins and outs and inconsistencies of all of the written laws and their application. He has freely offered advice and assistance to members in certain situations. @EconMan I refer to. In case anything should ever occur and you are seeking guidance.

@abracadaver , So you like the MV1. I did too. I think it is actually underrated by very many people. I have used many of the heaviest hitting desktops. The MV1 still really imoressed me, effects wise. I reckon if it was my ONLY vaporizer, I would be happy and content enough, without the services of a super power desktop.

In contrast if I only had my vapcap, I would be pretty depressed about that being my only medication device for the rest of my life it would fall way short of keeping me satisfied and content.

I still use it daily but it would never work for me without a heavier hitter as well. The MV1 seemed a lot more potent than the vapcap to me. It is also a "true" vaporizer which I don't quite class the vapcap as, as great and popular as it is, it could never compete with the MV1 for sheer vapor quality.

@ghostvapesofficial hello again Nerissa. Just a query on the warranty discussions above.
So I never registered my unit in the app. I knew it was likely I would need to sell it right away so I wanted to pass on this option to the buyer.

I'm a little puzzled by the claims that the Warranty is not transferable? Could you shed any light on this for me please as I now have my mv1 listed in the classifieds?

Surely, if somebody buys it from me and then needs to return it for a warranty service at some point....they should be able to do this right? Especially once they have registered the device to their name using the app to extend the warranty?

Your company and in particular your customer service is top class and so amazing I can't believe that there would be an issue like this when brand new units are immediately passed on to new users?
Any clarification is much appreciated TIA.

ghostvapesofficial

Company Rep
Company Rep
@ghostvapesofficial hello again Nerissa. Just a query on the warranty discussions above.
So I never registered my unit in the app. I knew it was likely I would need to sell it right away so I wanted to pass on this option to the buyer.

I'm a little puzzled by the claims that the Warranty is not transferable? Could you shed any light on this for me please as I now have my mv1 listed in the classifieds?

Surely, if somebody buys it from me and then needs to return it for a warranty service at some point....they should be able to do this right? Especially once they have registered the device to their name using the app to extend the warranty?

Your company and in particular your customer service is top class and so amazing I can't believe that there would be an issue like this when brand new units are immediately passed on to new users?
Any clarification is much appreciated TIA.

Hi Alexis! I'm so happy to see you here. :) Always bringing the good vibes to the thread!

Here is a excerpt from our Warranty page: (Click here to view full page.)
GHOST provides a limited warranty to the original purchaser (“Customer”) on the GHOST MV1 Vaporizer (“Device”), against defects in materials and/or workmanship for a period of 2 years from the date of purchase, a period which will be extended to 5 years from the date of purchase upon registration of the Device with GHOST via the GHOST smartphone App (“The App”) or via the My Account section of the website within 90 days of the date of purchase.

The following warranty does not cover the battery contained in the device. GHOST warrants the original battery that ships with the Device against defects in materials and/or workmanship for a period of 1 year from the date of purchase. Ghost further warrants the MV1 Spare Battery Pack (sold separately) against defects in materials and/or workmanship for a period of 1 year from the date of purchase.

If a warranty claim is accepted within the time period shown above, GHOST may choose to either 1) repair or correct any defect found covered by this warranty or 2) replace the defective Device or parts with a new Device or parts.

GHOST may supply parts and assemblies in any repair or correction that deviates from the original parts and assemblies supplied with the Device and/or use new technology and or materials that have been developed by GHOST subsequent to the original purchase of the Device.

This warranty applies solely to the Customer and is not transferable to subsequent owners, including if the Device is resold or gifted second-hand in any way, nor will any warranty apply to any Device purchased second-hand or through unauthorised resellers. Please contact GHOST if you would like information regarding our authorised dealer network.

This is the company's policy and from my understanding there are no exceptions to this. If there are questions about our policy, please contact GhostVapes at https://www.ghostvapes.com/contact/.

Nerissa :)

ghostvapesofficial,
Reactions: EconMan

Ripstar

What are the signs I need a new heat sink on the MV1 Stealth?
How many hits are people averaging per use?
How many hits until unit is up to temp?

Mine seems to need over 3 hits to get to temp. Then, I get about 4 good rips.

Ripstar,
This vape rocks it is super tailorable in my opinion and it is very fast compared to my evo or sublimator with quicker temp adjustment up then any of them that I have accept maybe the ff2 which is a pain (to clean,battery flakey).
I believe its mass will make it very durable and my current stealth seems much more precisely manufactured then my original one and it seems better(smoother) then my free black chrome one for being beta tester.

As beta tester I found a few issues but my persistent issue was 35 draws per battery. After the first two batteries I was sure it wasnt batteries. But they sent me a flock more batteries so then I had 6 batteries that all did the same thing. They gave up and they did not look at the device I sent them back so the problem has always been there. The website says 100 draws is easy.
"Whilst the actual number of vapes will very much depend on the way the GHOST MV1 is used, tests have shown that over 100 full length vapes on the highest heat setting can be achieved on a single battery charge. Lower temperatures result in less frequent charging."

Even with the stealth I got 55 good draws and done by 63 not many of the draws were five mostly two or three and a five to finish it.. And I tried every battery saving thing that anybody suggested.

I have the answer finally. The device was cold mostly middle 50s when I did my testing. So that is 15 degrees colder than I ran it today
I have moved my vape upstairs in fact closer to my body and I got to two lights at 21 draws and before it was always 12. Now I see one light at 42 (before 25) and not flashing at 48. It started to flash at 50 (before about 30) . I am now over 80 somewhere cause I am pretty adjusted. Previously I had not got above 53 for my black chrome one for complete discharge.

The problem solving skills of CS were poor. In this case. They essentially blamed me and did not persue the issue in any sensible way by testing the vape and battery I returned so as to know where the issue resided.

I figured it out. That big mass which makes the vape so potentially durable and stable also takes much to bring it to 320 degrees at the same impressive speed. Just for greater completeness It seems that 55 degrees lowers battery maybe 10-15 % efficiency and 77 degrees is optimum.

I love this vape.

Last edited:

Herbie Hancock

The 60 Second Assasin
Update here: I had the Stealth Edition and I was super impressed before the latch broke after only 3 short days. Well, these things happen. It’s what happens from there and how they handle it that will make or break a company. I am happy to report excellent customer service.
I have a brand new vape that arrived in my hands today. And I am just as happy as I was originally. It was handled transparently and that has earned my respect and endorsement.

I work in sales for a very prestigious company. We have a top quality product, but I deal with problems and complaints also. I know the value in standing behind your product and keeping the customer happy.
Thank You

started@52

Haven’t hit the mv-1 for a few weeks. Been using Mi2 and/or DV with new PSM induction heater:rockon:. Thought I hit a new high in high with the Dynavap and Portside Mini induction heater BUT the mv-1 still kicks ass even with the uneven ABV That’s left so who cares!

Summer

Long Island, NY
@ghostvapesofficial, GV should have a gifting warranty option & that recipient should be able to register the vape under his name. Any electronic product I've registered has allowed me to register it under my own name as a gift. And if the vape is sold there should be the ability to transfer the warranty. I think it's the grasshopper or mighty(?) that has a $45 warranty transfer fee. Just my :2c:.

Last edited:

Some-new-user

What are the signs I need a new heat sink on the MV1 Stealth?
How many hits are people averaging per use?
How many hits until unit is up to temp?

Mine seems to need over 3 hits to get to temp. Then, I get about 4 good rips.
I'm not sure if I'm on the same wavelength as you but I wouldn't expect to need to replace the heatsink itself for a very long time. Maybe the silicone gasket that holds the mouthpiece in place??

I clean the ceramic part maybe once every week or two but all this is going to depend on how often you use your vape and the material you use.

I generally take the heat sink out after 5 crucibles (in the holder) and check it. I have parchment paper and wipe the underneath after the last session (me trying to be thrifty with reclaim) brush if needed, check that the mouthpiece is airtight and pop it back in. If it's really gunky then that's when I'll disassemble the heat sink and clean the whole thing.

Mr420

Hi guys!

Lately I've been trying the VapeCritic "Power-up trick" for my MV1. It really made the awesome vape even greater until yesterday evening when IT COMBUSTED!!!!! I've never had a vape to combust on me and really hope this was the first and the last time. I took 2 hits on level 3 and then cranked up to level 5...The herb material must've been very dry at that point... On the very first second I started to inhale it combusted...

Now the whole thing smells like crap and I haven't even tried the taste yet :(. Anyone have any tips on how to clean this thing or will it ever again be like it used to?

I already used Isoprpyl for the heatsink, the base and such and also tried wiping the insides of the MV1 on the heatsink and base area.

So, be careful with this trick, I think it really is for times when the battery is loosing it's power (last hits before recharge).

Otherwise I love this device. It has so far quite much retired my Mighty and Plenty...I use mighty for group sessions, used to use it every day.

The very best for everybody!

Mr420,

Summer

Long Island, NY
So, be careful with this trick, I think it really is for times when the battery is loosing it's power (last hits before recharge).

What do you mean by, "be careful with this trick?" What trick?

I don't believe that combusting is in anyway related to battery life. :hmm: Like you said 2 level 3 hits with possibly dry weed & then jumping to level 5 when there might not be anything left to extract from the herb. I believe this caused your combustion. I use my herb slightly to fairly moist (62% Boveda pack). Combustion wouldn't happen to me because I only go as high as level 4 max for my crucible last draw.

Summer,
Reactions: EconMan

Mr420

I mean his trick shown in this video:

Push the bak button and the front button three times at the same time and adjust the vape to produce a litle bit hoter or colder vapor...Like Firefly 2 has in it's app.

I think 220 celsius after that is a little bit more and this caused combustion since it's so near the combustion temperature. I've used this many times but never with weed this dry I fear.

--

Some-new-user

@Mr420 (and vc bud) some very useful information in that video.

The first part of the video shows calibration mode. Click both buttons three times when the vape is in standby (no lights)

I think calibration mode should be set and pretty much left how it is although there's a post or discussion somewhere about the actual mass of the mv1 and the battery life - I'm thinking that the mv1 can be quite sensitive to ambient temperature (the temperature of the room or outside, surroundings) this might be worth exploring if say your house is always quite warm (20°c) and then you go for a walk in the snow (0°c). Lowest calibration in the house and then highest in the snow?

When bud talks about the 'hack' is probably about half way through - from what I gather he's trying to compensate for the first 7/8 seconds because his wife is running out of breath. So in effect he pre heats the device for her and then passes it to her for her go where she can only inhale for around 7/8 seconds. She's gonna let go of that button before the timer goes and gives her that time out buzz.

One good piece of info in there from bud was when he made a chart with his hands about the vapour production - how there will be very little at the start and then production will go straight up.

The mv1 is my only on demand vape I'm new to the game (1 year no combustion - Woo!) I feel like these little titbits of info all build up knowledge and add to the experience.

@Mr420 're cleaning I hope you get sorted. Are you cleaning the green silicone? I don't think its removable buy definitely worth a wipe.

Would it be worth running something like mint or lavender though it?

FOR MINT OR LAVENDER USE THE LOWEST SETTING OR IF YOU CAN USE THE APP EDIT ONE OF THE ADJUSTABLE LEVELS (1 OR 2 RED) TO THE LOWEST POSSIBLE TEMP IN THE APP - SAYING THIS AND USING CAPS AS THESE TEMPS ARE A LITTLE HIGH FOR MINT/LAVENDER.

The aroma of those herbs may be enough to mask the combustion in the unit. When I use either of those I get a few sessions where the taste lingers in the vape (if I don't give everything a good clean)

Mr420

Yes... I've been vaping both mint and lavender so I know the temperatures...I'd rather take the Mint flavor than the Combustion one :). I've vaped a few crucibles yesterday and even though there's still some "side effect" on the taste, it's getting better and back to normal.

Hope I learned something on the way, haha :).

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I vape during warm ups for exercise. Take a hit, stretch #1, take a hit, jumping jacks for a few minutes, etc. One of my frustrations with using a vape for the warm up is turning it off and then realizing just before heading out for some cardio that I'm not as high as I'd like and need another hit or two. That can really suck if I have to wait for a vape to heat back up because I don't want to cool down waiting. Sometimes I just have to say fuck it and forego those needed hits. Not a problem with the Ghost......click, click, click, press, buzz and suck.... ready to go!

Before I got the Ghost the only vape I could use for warming up and still get those timely top off hits when needed was the Herbalizer. But the Herby wasn't portable so I had to interrupt the warm up to stand up and/or change position to take a hit. Not a problem with the Ghost....she's right there right next to me.

The Ghost has become my go to work out vape....

Djsleepy

So I had one crucible left before refill for super bowl and wanted it done quick.....first time starting at stock setting 5 and was really surprised how.good flavor was on first hit and second hit wasn't bad either.....my other aforementioned vape would get that "done" taste to it at that temp......another point for MV1!

Ripstar

I'm not sure if I'm on the same wavelength as you but I wouldn't expect to need to replace the heatsink itself for a very long time. Maybe the silicone gasket that holds the mouthpiece in place??

I clean the ceramic part maybe once every week or two but all this is going to depend on how often you use your vape and the material you use.

I generally take the heat sink out after 5 crucibles (in the holder) and check it. I have parchment paper and wipe the underneath after the last session (me trying to be thrifty with reclaim) brush if needed, check that the mouthpiece is airtight and pop it back in. If it's really gunky then that's when I'll disassemble the heat sink and clean the whole thing.

the top cap of the heat sink will sometimes have a hard time snapping back into place. I thought I remembered reading that heat sinks were being replaced but, maybe that was the MV1 and not the stealth. However, for my unit to work properly I was having to push down on the heat sink. I believe it's working properly now but it is sill taking a good 3-5 pulls until the unit is ready to vape.

the top cap of the heat sink will sometimes have a hard time snapping back into place. I thought I remembered reading that heat sinks were being replaced but, maybe that was the MV1 and not the stealth. However, for my unit to work properly I was having to push down on the heat sink. I believe it's working properly now but it is sill taking a good 3-5 pulls until the unit is ready to vape.

I certainly have a bit of trouble. I have a hard time getting the gasket to go as flat as it was when I first got it. Putting it in at an angle then pressing the 3 pieces down hard on a flat surface seems to help then add cap and mouthpiece. Make it sure it passes the leak test then u are alright

Ripstar

I certainly have a bit of trouble. I have a hard time getting the gasket to go as flat as it was when I first got it. Putting it in at an angle then pressing the 3 pieces down hard on a flat surface seems to help then add cap and mouthpiece. Make it sure it passes the leak test then u are alright

That's exactly what is happening. Thanks for the advice!

Also, I have to press forward on my mouthpiece to create better pressure so I can even get a hit. Is this common or am I missing something?

Ripstar,

Some-new-user

@MonsterWithoutBorders That's a really good tip thank you. I have just been pushing the rubber down until I felt happy but using a flat surface will definitely help.

@Ripstar I don't get that problem of having to push forward but I only use the mouthpiece extended about half an inch - just enough to get my lips round the stem. I've tried extending, its okay but I find the stem has quite a bit of movement for my preference, I feel personally (maybe just my OCD) that having the stem at an angle, even a slight one is going to affect performance or give an uneven 'roast' in the crucible. Thats more than likely just my mind playing tricks in me.

I'm not sure if you watched that video from vape critic above? One useful point was where he was inhaling and went close to the microphone to demonstrate his draw speed - I don't inhale nearly as hard as he is BUT my stem is a lot shorter. Could also be an idea to check calibration? I pumped mine to the top level and inhaled like a beast to see what it was like to be in buds shoes. Tore me a new one.

Some-new-user,

Ripstar

Thanks a lot for the response! I haven't had a chance to watch the video yet. I seem to have a issue with consistency when it comes to heat up times. But, I am worried it is how hard I draw or it's not heating up consistently.

Ripstar,
Top Bottom