Discontinued Ghost MV1

AJS

Calm Consistency
Going on vacation for a few days and have some great shatter but nothing to really use it with. Was hoping my Vault would arrive in time to take with me but unfortunately did not.

Is it worth it to use the shatter with the ghost in concentrate mode or should I just bring some hemp fiber and use a different vape with it. Never really used concentrate pads for a vape before and don't know how good they are ...

AJS,
Reactions: Vitolo

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Disclaimer: My wife works for Ghost Vapes. Take that into consideration when reading my posts in this thread. I will attempt to present factual, impartial information on Ghost products, but won't blame you one bit if you think I am biased towards this company.

Going on vacation for a few days and have some great shatter but nothing to really use it with. Was hoping my Vault would arrive in time to take with me but unfortunately did not.

Is it worth it to use the shatter with the ghost in concentrate mode or should I just bring some hemp fiber and use a different vape with it. Never really used concentrate pads for a vape before and don't know how good they are ...

It's one of my fave ways to vape concentrates (convection with the ss pad). It plays out more like an herb session, instead of one big hit. I'll get several good hits, with one massive one per crucible. The taste and efficiency of this kind of vaping are what bring me back to it.

I think the hemp fiber adds a little more taste than the ss, for me, but that's subjective, so I prefer the ss pads.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Disclaimer: My wife works for Ghost Vapes. Take that into consideration when reading my posts in this thread. I will attempt to present factual, impartial information on Ghost products, but won't blame you one bit if you think I am biased towards this company.

It's one of my fave ways to vape concentrates (convection with the ss pad). It plays out more like an herb session, instead of one big hit. I'll get several good hits, with one massive one per crucible. The taste and efficiency of this kind of vaping are what bring me back to it.

I think the hemp fiber adds a little more taste than the ss, for me, but that's subjective, so I prefer the ss pads.
Flaves are incredible, damn. The Sour D shatter flaves really coming through. My first time ever having medicinal shatter straight from the dispensary, sure is a treat. This is probably going to do just fine...also the fact I have like 5 different C02 carts, flower, distillates, etc ;). I just really didn't want to miss out on this shatter.

I used a larger amount of concentrate than I normally would, got pretty small clouds that weren't representative of how much I had to cough. Maybe I'm just not used to concentrates this way (I'm not much of a dab guy as it is...). Good effects, but still not representative of how much I had to use. My battery is low on my Ghost, maybe that has something to do with it. Will test more later with a more charged battery, was just excited to try it :)

Thanks man!

stickstones

Vapor concierge

Flaves are incredible, damn. The Sour D shatter flaves really coming through. My first time ever having medicinal shatter straight from the dispensary, sure is a treat. This is probably going to do just fine...also the fact I have like 5 different C02 carts, flower, distillates, etc ;). I just really didn't want to miss out on this shatter.

I used a larger amount of concentrate than I normally would, got pretty small clouds that weren't representative of how much I had to cough. Maybe I'm just not used to concentrates this way (I'm not much of a dab guy as it is...). Good effects, but still not representative of how much I had to use. My battery is low on my Ghost, maybe that has something to do with it. Will test more later with a more charged battery, was just excited to try it :)

Thanks man!

Right on! Try a small amount, like a grain of rice, and envision what's going on inside. The first hit, which is immediate with the MV1, is melting the extract into the pad. The length of time this takes depends on the consistency of your extract. Runnier stuff will be ready sooner, harder stuff later. And don't huff too hard like a dab, or you can blow right through it and miss the clouds you're looking for. Give it some those medium-speed, silver surfer-type draws. Go slow until you feel it coming on strong and then you can speed it up. It's a different style than most extract hits, but consistent across the tech. In other words, this technique is what I do with any convection vape I use an ss pad with extract on. Remember, you're not supposed to get anything on your first draw, and it's usually my third or fourth hit that impresses.

Some-new-user

Excellent video Troy! Ghost is in your top 5. Wow that definitely says a lot. My vape is in the post, seemingly taking forever.

Does anyone have any experience microdosing with the mv1? I've got down to 0.03g giving me 4 or 5 good hits with the mighty in a dosing cap with half a liquid pad on top. It would be a real bonus if I could get similar results. Not vital though, I'm more looking forward to the on demand style.

kohr

Fellas, i’m Looking for another vape to add to my colllection. Kinda looking to treat myself to something for Christmas, as I’ve gotta send my Mighty vape back for warranty. Parts of the plastic are coming off the housing..

Anyways, does any you guys own a Mighty and one these MV1’s? I’d like to know if I should try one these or just stick with my Mighty.

Like I said would like to get myself a Christmas gift but if I’m gonna buy a portable I want to be buying something better than I already have. This Ghost seems pretty sleek, but I also have like I said the Mighty, a Pax, and a custom Omivap, so I’m familiar with a lot of vapes, tho I love my Mighty the best.

Any input fellas would be appreciate, happy holidays to all of you.

martinstraka8282

Seems like the perfect addition to your collection @kohr.

Its a very solid vape, but quite different from the Mighty and the Pax in purpose and functionality, so I would think it would stay relevant once you got your mighty back unlike some others you could buy that would just seem like redundant, lower performing vapes.

I have a Boundless CFX, which is kind of a Mighty imitator and i love having it to go with the Ghost along with my desktop Arizer EQ. They all serve a different purpose.

Summer

Long Island, NY
@ohmygodimsohigh, I vote for this being your best review of all time. :tup:

But I take issue with you on the 2nd hit being sloppy seconds! You have to be kidding? I think you're being sacrilegious. :nod: 9 lashes for you.
whipping.gif
But I do agree with you that each person should have their own crucible to experience the flavor of each hit.

Here's one GV rep's recommendation for temp vaping with the Ghost:
+RECOMMENDED MODE SEQUENCE
* Start your session with a full 15-second draw on Heat setting Herb - Low (1 amber LED)
* Next, take two full 15-second draws on Herb - High (3 amber LED)
* Finally, finish your crucible on Herb - Fav 1 or 2 (1 or 2 red LED)

Here's a 2nd GV CR reps more intricate(?) suggestion; which I use. (For me, I skip the Level 2 altogether & never use level 5). Troy, I would think you wouldn't vape at these low temps because you are a heavy hitter, but do try one once. It's really as simple as this to get a great head.
When I went to the trade show last February, the Ghost team turned me on to a vape pattern that I still do today. Literally changed how I vape. The concept is to take advantage of the Ghost's on-demand, precision heating to capture all the terps, without destroying anything, to increase potency. I think it works, and it goes like this:

Level 1 - 338F - take two hits here to capture any terps that would have been destroyed if we started above 350F. It tastes so good!
Level 2 - Take one hit here. this is optional. you can go straight to level 3 if you want.
Level 3 - Hit it here until vapor stops. This usually takes me two to four hits, depending on the strain
Level 4 - You can take a hit here and bump it up to 5, or finish it off here...up to you and your style

I gotta tell you I was shocked! I wanted to work with my new SB. I had filled a crucible yesterday & had taken one hit at level 1 & decided not to smoke cause I wasn't feeling well. So tonight, I took 3 hits on level 1 of that crucible, only wanting a buzz as I was driving to 7-11 a 1/2-hour before Troy's livestream. (My quality of my herb was very good). It utterly blew my mind that I got high from 3 hits on level 1. I am a microdoser at 1 crucible per session, but getting high on 3 hits on level 1! Come on! I am absolutely in love with this vape. It performs like magic. I meant it when I said it before, that no vape will ever surpass this one for me personally. When I came back I took 2 hits at level 3 & finished the last 1 on level 4. Sublime! :D

Last edited:

analytika

I don't have a Mighty, but I've been around these parts long enough to know (by osmosis :p) that you need this in your arsenal. It'll add another wonderful vaping (style) choice. It'll be money well spent, imo.

Edit to add: @kohr did you even watch 420VapeZone's video above. I think that review says it all.
I don't think Troy @ohmygodimsohigh has weighed in on whether the Ghost is a significant value addition when you have the Mighty. He weighed in, on the negative, wrt the Tera, Fury and Fierce IIRC. If I had to guess, it's the robust "single hit on the go" scenario that has his attention. Less portable than the Mighty, but that nevertheless is his #1 use case. He's not terp chasing or doing a lot of temperature stepping. He says the crucible holder is less discreet than the capsule holder for the Mighty (the smell). But you can't hit and quit the Mighty. That's the key in his new review, as I saw it.

Summer

Long Island, NY
If I had to guess, it's the robust "single hit on the go" scenario that has his attention. Less portable than the Mighty, but that nevertheless is his #1 use case. He's not terp chasing or doing a lot of temperature stepping.

Agreed. He's a heavy hitter & this is his vape style. And for his style, when outside home, this vape works perfectly for his needs.

I don't think Troy @ohmygodimsohigh has weighed in on whether the Ghost is a significant value addition when you have the Mighty. He weighed in, on the negative, wrt the Tera, Fury and Fierce IIRC.

For being a hard-hitter, I doubt that the Ghost would usurp the Mighty, but I feel confident that he would say it was a must have.

I think his other must haves beside the Mighty & Ghost would be the Puffco Peak & I think the the DV IQ (don't know the acronymn). Don't know what the last one would be, though. Maybe he'll weigh in & tell us.

Last edited:

wrangler

Obviously, I do not know how to ask a question without replying to an old post, but here is my question: what is the best heat sequence for hash and/or full melt hash?

wrangler,

analytika

I think his other must haves beside the Mighty & Ghost would be the Puffco Peak & I think the the DV IQ (don't know the acronymn). Don't know what the last one would be, though. Maybe he'll weigh in & tell us.
He used to talk a lot about the milaana.

The extent to which Troy turned completely around on thez ghost is a testament to improvements since launch. I'd expect an update to his web page of vape recommendations is "imminent", measured in stoner time.

Last edited:
analytika,
Reactions: Summer

Summer

Long Island, NY
Concentrates are heat level 5. Stickstones & AJS posted a few posts up about concentrates. Also try doing a search in this thread for 'concentrates' & you'll get 4 pages of posts to review.

Obviously, I do not know how to ask a question without replying to an old post

What does this even mean?

analytika

@ohmygodimsohigh, I vote for this being your best review of all time. :tup:

But I take issue with you on the 2nd hit being sloppy seconds! You have to be kidding? I think you're being sacrilegious. :nod: 9 lashes for you.
whipping.gif
But I do agree with you that each person should have their own crucible to experience the flavor of each hit.

Here's one GV rep's recommendation for temp vaping with the Ghost:

Here's a 2nd GV CR reps more intricate(?) suggestion; which I use. (For me, I skip the Level 2 altogether & never use level 5). Troy, I would think you wouldn't vape at these low temps because you are a heavy hitter, but do try one once. It's really as simple as this to get a great head.

I gotta tell you I was shocked! I wanted to work with my new SB. I had filled a crucible yesterday & had taken one hit at level 1 & decided not to smoke cause I wasn't feeling well. So tonight, I took 3 hits on level 1 of that crucible, only wanting a buzz as I was driving to 7-11 a 1/2-hour before Troy's livestream. (My quality of my herb was very good). It utterly blew my mind that I got high from 3 hits on level 1. I am a microdoser at 1 crucible per session, but getting high on 3 hits on level 1! Come on! I am absolutely in love with this vape. It performs like magic. I meant it when I said it before, that no vape will ever surpass this one for me personally. When I came back I took 2 hits at level 3 & finished the last 1 on level 4. Sublime! :D
Hey @Summer is terp chasing a lot of work, the way temperatures are set on the ghost? It's kind of a pain on the Mighty, but at least it's explicit temperature. Still I'm stepping sometimes like 5 degrees at a time, get tired of all the fingering.

ohmygodimsohigh

Wow, so much on this page. Thanks for sharing my video @Summer !
Glad you enjoyed the new spin.

@analytika man you are spot on. You even identified the differentiators that make it great for me. And yeah, @ghostvapesofficial has impressed me with their level of commitment to this vape. They're definitely not like most of the other manufacturers I've met...

Regarding the MV1 and the value it holds compared to the Mighty...
That sounds like a fun video.

I used the Mighty last night while playing Zelda because the MV1 was dead.
Today I seshed 3 bowls on the Mighty while watching the MV1 premiere video because I wanted to sit and enjoy a vape session.

The MV1 is push-button-potency in a pocketable form. Great for catching a quick buzz and moving on.
The Mighty delivers the best portable session, and that's a different experience, often with a different intent.

OH, and regarding the sloppy seconds - the reclaim in my heatsink totally ruined that delivery. The 2nd hit for me is normally 50% of the taste as the first, but during that part of the video the MV1 pulled extra cloud out of its ass and I just had to keep going with it. The little cigar puffs at the start of my hits are important! =D

Summer

Long Island, NY
The MV1 is push-button-potency in a pocketable form. Great for catching a quick buzz and moving on.
The Mighty delivers the best portable session, and that's a different experience, often with a different intent.

"The MV1 is push-button-potency in a pocketable form. Great for catching a quick buzz and moving on."

... meaning, on-demand (vs. session)? :brow:

Hey @Summer is terp chasing a lot of work, the way temperatures are set on the ghost?

No, why should it be? :hmm: I use the default values & step up levels as I said in my above post.

Last edited:

Brewervapesalot

The only "work" terp chasing is pushing more buttons than you should have to change temps. App is better, if you're app guy or gal, but it can be weird about connecting sometimes. Reboot app or reinstall worse case.

Wow, so much on this page. Thanks for sharing my video @Summer !
Glad you enjoyed the new spin.

@analytika man you are spot on. You even identified the differentiators that make it great for me. And yeah, @ghostvapesofficial has impressed me with their level of commitment to this vape. They're definitely not like most of the other manufacturers I've met...

Regarding the MV1 and the value it holds compared to the Mighty...
That sounds like a fun video.

I used the Mighty last night while playing Zelda because the MV1 was dead.
Today I seshed 3 bowls on the Mighty while watching the MV1 premiere video because I wanted to sit and enjoy a vape session.

OH, and regarding the sloppy seconds - the reclaim in my heatsink totally ruined that delivery. The 2nd hit for me is normally 50% of the taste as the first, but during that part of the video the MV1 pulled extra cloud out of its ass and I just had to keep going with it. The little cigar puffs at the start of my hits are important! =D

MV1 v. FW5? Just curious as it's more of a apples to apples comparison?

Summer

Long Island, NY
The only "work" terp chasing is pushing more buttons than you should have to change temps. App is better, if you're app guy or gal, but it can be weird about connecting sometimes. Reboot app or reinstall worse case.

Nah. I change to temp 1, take 2 hits, change to temp 3 take 3 hits, then change to temp 4 & take 1 hit. It's as easy as pie to change temps. For me having to focus between a phone & a vape is too busy -- interrupts my ritual. :cool:

Yeah, I, too think a comparison of those 2 convection vapes would make more sense than the Ghost with the Mighty. How about it @ohmygodimsohigh?

Last edited:

Brewervapesalot

Nah. I change to temp 1, take 2 hits, change to temp 3 take 3 hits, then change to temp 4 & take 1 hit. It's as easy as pie to change temps. For me having to focus between a phone & a vape is too busy -- interrupts my ritual. :cool:

Yes, but is this green, amber, or red 1, 2, or 3? :D:D:sherlock: :cool: And when changing the temp, if you see the battery level drop (as you cannot get around checking each time!) will that last hit still feel as fulfilling? :D:cool::p (just joking)

Overall, happy to see more happy reviews of the MV1 than otherwise. I broke up with mine (and a few of her sisters), however, and getting back together with old vapes--kinda like old girlfriends--isn't my style :p:lol:. Troy has a bigger, more forgiving, heart than me!

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge

Does anyone have any experience microdosing with the mv1?

I once vaped half a crucible, loosely filled (probably about 0.05 grams), and got the expected effects. Hits were light and wispy as I took it up the temp ladder. It was fully spent at the end. If you're one of those microdosers seeking full extraction on a single, high temp hit - I haven't tried that with the Ghost yet...

Anyways, does any you guys own a Mighty and one these MV1’s? I’d like to know if I should try one these or just stick with my Mighty.

If one has the means, absolutely get both...they complement each other wonderfully!

Start a thread and I'll chime in...I think they're both great!

Yes, but is this green, amber, or red 1, 2, or 3? :D:D:sherlock: :cool:

I understood her perfectly!

Top Bottom