Discontinued Ghost MV1

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Disclaimer: My wife works for Ghost Vapes. Take that into consideration when reading my posts in this thread. I will attempt to present factual, impartial information on Ghost products, but won't blame you one bit if you think I am biased towards this company.

I've always counted that little buzz when I press the button as the first buzz, then the long buzz to get going. Then there's a long buzz to end the heat cycle. But I think we're all saying the same thing. The lights get us all on the same page - scrolling is heating and flashing is ready.

martinstraka8282

I think the confusion stems from calling it 3 buzzes, and I've seen this same convo numerous times on forums.

The first buzz is subtle and not like the other two.

-A soft buzz... you pressed the button and it's heating up
-A solid buzz... it's at temperature and to start drawing
-A 2nd solid buzz (about 15 seconds after first solid buzz)... the heater shut off and stop drawing

ghostvapesofficial

Company Rep
Company Rep
I think the confusion stems from calling it 3 buzzes, and I've seen this same convo numerous times on forums.

The first buzz is subtle and not like the other two.

-A soft buzz... you pressed the button and it's heating up
-A solid buzz... it's at temperature and to start drawing
-A 2nd solid buzz (about 15 seconds after first solid buzz)... the heater shut off and stop drawing

Sorry about the confusion! @martinstraka8282 is correct!
Thank you for clarifying!

Nerissa :)

Summer

Long Island, NY
The 1st buzz is very negligible in terms of sound & vibration. Call it a pre-buzz which, as Nerissa said, signals that the heater is engaged & heating up. Then comes a 2nd longer, noticeable buzz. This is when you take your draw up to 15 seconds. If you stop drawing before the 15 seconds are up, then you just release the vape button. If you go the full 15 seconds, which is the norm, you will get a 3rd & final noticeable buzz signaling that the heater has timed out & you should release the button. After you release the vape button, you should continue to draw for a second or 2 so as to pass cool air over the hot heater.

Watch from 2:06 min. on:

Last edited:

Alexis

This has been very helpful. So much knowledge has been shared. How do you know if you have gotten a good amount of vapor?
Well this is the intuitive part, where the senses come into play. ;)

There will be several telling indicators that you will become familiar with. There is most of all, the visible exhale. Throat feel.
And most importantly, effects. I mean if you get the effects you are looking for and good return on your herb I guess it doesn't really matter if you don't get any vapor at all right? Well maybe not quite but somewhere in between there.

BangBoomBang

I Love this thing!

But know for some other question. How about battery life?

This thing is fully loaded, 10 capes, leaving it their for one day and it’s at 1 LED.

How is yours? Feels like standby is taking too much power.

In my opinion, vape means wet and that’s no good. Dry herbs hardly make vapes.

BangBoomBang,

Verde

Well this is the intuitive part, where the senses come into play. ;)

There will be several telling indicators that you will become familiar with. There is most of all, the visible exhale. Throat feel.
And most importantly, effects. I mean if you get the effects you are looking for and good return on your herb I guess it doesn't really matter if you don't get any vapor at all right? Well maybe not quite but somewhere in between there.

Thank you,

Have a blessed day!

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Disclaimer: My wife works for Ghost Vapes. Take that into consideration when reading my posts in this thread. I will attempt to present factual, impartial information on Ghost products, but won't blame you one bit if you think I am biased towards this company.

@BangBoomBang - remove the battery when you're storing it overnight or longer and the battery won't drain.

Here's my light guide:

- The green light is all about what mode it's in, and also is used to indicate battery level.
  • Middle green is on, just chillin - it's in Vape Mode and ready to use (always green with herb temps, and green before the first hit on concentrates)
  • Green lights scroll from side to side - it's heating up...wait for it...(this only happens when heating herb temps)
  • Green lights flash - Hit it. If the green lights are flashing, you should be hitting it. (they flash immediately on concentrate mode, and after the scrolling green on herb temps)
  • When checking the battery level, three solid lights means fully charged, and one flashing light means it needs to be charged. A flashing battery indicator is weaker than a corresponding solid battery indicator. Soooo - 3 solid > 3 flashing > 2 solid > 2 flashing > 1 solid > 1 flashing
- A solid middle yellow light means it's in concentrate mode and the pad has been heated up. (you can now hit it as soon as you press the fire button)

- 10 quick red flashes (all three lights) with 10 quick buzzes means the unit has overheated. It will revert to ready (solid middle green or yellow) even before it has cooled down enough to be used again.

- Flashing middle red light with three buzzes means the battery is dead.

I hope this helps!

Trulukkyphrank

Hi guys!
I posted this on vapelife and want also to ask you guys here!
First I love my MV1 Stealth. Since I have one I can't grab for another vape! Thanks to @ghostvapesofficial

My normal session: I begin with the first amber light take 1 hit, than I turn up on two amber lights take 2-3 hits and finish on 3 ambers or on a favorite setting.

Sometimes I have a weird experience:
When I press the vape button after I switched the temp from 1 amber to 2 amber, it vibrates more than normal. I get the long ''ready to hit vibration'' instead of the light ''start heating vibration''. This happend like >10 times now. I always get a little shock when this happens, release the vape button and reset the device. After that everythnig is ok. When this happend the first time I just took the hit as normal but there was no vapor. So the heater doesn't work correct after the vibration fail. As far as my knowledge goes from this device it could be similar to a misfire? Just without the main trigger(pushing the vape button 2 times in a short time)
Any input on this issue? Could this be an user error or just my device?

Another story: Does anybody also recognize when the device was reseted(Battery removed), the first heating cicle is stronger than the regular ones? It's also clearly visible in the brighter color of the heater when the heatsink is removed.
I came across this when I reseted my device after the ''wrong vibration'' The hit after the reset was always stronger as it should be. Than I checked the color of the heater to see a difference.

Sorry for my ''swiss'' english

Last edited by a moderator:
Trulukkyphrank,
Reactions: Alexis

Alexis

Hi guys!
I posted this on vapelife and want also to ask you guys here!
First I love my MV1 Stealth. Since I have one I can't grab for another vape! Thanks to @ghostvapesofficial

My normal session: I begin with the first amber light take 1 hit, than I turn up on two amber lights take 2-3 hits and finish on 3 ambers or on a favorite setting.

Sometimes I have a weird experience:
When I press the vape button after I switched the temp from 1 amber to 2 amber, it vibrates more than normal. I get the long ''ready to hit vibration'' instead of the light ''start heating vibration''. This happend like >10 times now. I always get a little shock when this happens, release the vape button and reset the device. After that everythnig is ok. When this happend the first time I just took the hit as normal but there was no vapor. So the heater doesn't work correct after the vibration fail. As far as my knowledge goes from this device it could be similar to a misfire? Just without the main trigger(pushing the vape button 2 times in a short time)
Any input on this issue? Could this be an user error or just my device?

Another story: Does anybody also recognize when the device was reseted(Battery removed), the first heating cicle is stronger than the regular ones? It's also clearly visible in the brighter color of the heater when the heatsink is removed.
I came across this when I reseted my device after the ''wrong vibration'' The hit after the reset was always stronger as it should be. Than I checked the color of the heater to see a difference.

Sorry for my ''swiss'' english
Unfortunately I was only able to run 2 crucibles through my MV1 because I can't tolerate the device at all and I suffered badly for 3 days to learn that. From those two loads I was very impressed with the vaporizer and I absolutely loved the effects- right down my street so I was particularly disappointed about this one.

The Splinter Z I tried and also couldn't tolerate just previously, which is very very popular highly rated and in-demand right now, I was not nearly as disappointed about not being able to tolerate and having to sell on.
And I ran a lot more material through the Z as well I only had those two crucibles on separate nights with the ghost and that alone showed me how effective and potent this vaporizer is and I have lots of experience with the heaviest hitting desktops.

Anyway sorry back On Topic. So my experience is so limited it's a joke I'm stepping in here to try and advise but I thought and wondered myself if throughout the load when you press the heat button you could possibly be at vaping temperature immediately so you would get an instant ready to vape vibration?

I hope you know what I mean I'm super high atm. If this is correct, then when you get that heavier, more instant vibration on Amber 2, that's maybe the indication to start your draw and by letting off the button you are effectively preventing normal operation?

I'm sorry if this is completely wrong and comes across as patronising just wanted to rule this out. I'm sure some others will know for certain. I'm glad you like the device it's really good IMO.
Best of luck getting everything dialled in.

Alexis,

Some-new-user

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a Mv1. It's yet to be dispatched. I'm slowly getting through all of these pages but something is playing on my mind.

Is there any physical difference in the internal's of the stealth compared to the other models? I'm more concerned with the silicone tolerance and heatsink. I was under the impression that all the current production units are the same, that Ghost vapes ironed out a few issues and the stealth is just another colour in the line up.

If anyone can clarify this for me I'd be very grateful. Sorry if this has been asked/answered previously. I've spent the best part of 3 days so far reading this thread. I love this forum, such a pool of knowledge but it's easy to get lost in there sometimes I feel it's just best to ask a question

Some-new-user,

stickstones

Vapor concierge

@Trulukkyphrank - I'm with @Alexis - my first thought is you have plenty of heat built up and the heat up time is down to diddly squat. To test this, the next time it does it, hit it hard a few times without engaging the heater and see if it cools enough to take a little time before hard buzzing on a real hit. If it buzzes so quickly that you're confused, check the lights. Always hit it if they are flashing green, versus scrolling from side to side. If it still has a problem after testing that, I'd start a ticket with Ghost.

And your battery observation is accurate. When you use the MV1 and reset the battery by disconnecting and reconnecting it, you fool the MV1 into thinking it is starting from cold, and it will dump more heat into the system than if it was left knowing it's in the middle of a session. It's an easy way to overheat and get an uneven roast.

@Some-new-user - all new production units have the latest upgrades and should be the same, except for the black electroplating on the Stealth. Silicone is the same.

Chandler

My Stealth Mv1 experience...

Ordered an MV1. It came and I posted my initial thoughts here as I had to wait until the next day for the battery to charge. In the morning I was heading out to work and I got this brilliant idea that I should take the heat sink apart, clean it so I'd be ready to put it to the test the moment I finished working! Long story short I'm in my dark room rushing to put the device back together, I push in the heatsink, ran out of time without putting everything together and got in my car... Car is heating up, I've got about 3 mins before I gotta go so I'm again fiddling with the MV1... Immediately I realized I was putting it together wrong and had pushed the heatsink in backwards! :bang:
It was stuck. Like Extremely STUCK!

I reached out to Nerissa whom I've come to appreciate immensely and she offered kind words of support and optimism as she took the time through out those few days to help me find a solution. Nothing worked so she set up a customer service ticket for me.

It took Ghost a few days to get in touch (very understandable considering it was black Friday time) and they were extremely candid and easy going. The process was very friendly and within a few days i had a brand new chassis delivered to my front door, offered through warranty. I hadn't even used the device!

Easily this ranks for me as some of the greatest customer service I've ever encountered in person or online. I'm very impressed. I wouldn't have received such quality service if the company didn't truly care about the customers. I'm in. Ghost Vapes has a lifetime customer I'll easily without hesitation recommend and invest in their future products!

Thanks @ghostvapesofficial. Thank you Nerissa.

I've had the opportunity to only experience a handful of sessions.

I'm not a user guide type of fellow, I've seen probably every video review, tips and tricks etc. In anticipation of so my inconsistencies or misfires were mostly self induced... first impressions:

I'm with the others on the fit of the gasket. I gave up because I was getting anxiety by thoughts of further disappointment so I jammed the cap back on which was slightly off and moved on to trying it out anyway. no problems with dexterity, I did find loading the crucible a pain. Got over that after a few mins. Next, first session I had trouble getting in to temp select mode. I came to realize that I need to hold the button for 3 seconds while the battery power is still displayed.. Slightly annoyed but I learned and got it! First draw, very tasty, amber1. Overall, I got 1 strong pull the others kind of wispy... Session 2 I couldn't get any vapor..watched a quick video where it was mentioned the heatsink should be flush with the chassis. Mine was not flush. Pushed it in further, Made it flush and BOOM! :love:Wow. Before I leave the cons, after my first session when popping out the crucible, the lid fell off into car oblivion. If not for having more crucibles handy I wouldn't have been able to continue vaping, which made me realize while I love the idea of loading capsules if you lose your lids you'll be unable to use the device completely. I lost a lid on my first use! Scared about that I'll have to be more careful...

I'm a Mighty/Crafty, Vapman low temp style vaporist using Mighty at no more than 370°F as beyond that irritates my throat. It's possible I get to high temps on Vapman but it's unknown and that vapor signature I find quality and smooth.. with Mv1 I crushed 2 crucibles on red 1 and 2. Such smooth tasty vapor. Definitely amongst the smoothest quality high temperature vapor I've experienced! The effects? Pineapple express, then El jefe... Hit like a mack truck. I wanted to continue more sessions but couldn't!

Great vape. Quirky, but Glad i took the plunge. After at least 3 Proper sessions (need more research), I think MV1 hits much smoother than my mighty/crafty, hits harder, extracts better/quicker. Heats up quickly. I'm a fan of on demand vaping. It bothers me at times when I have no time and I'm rushing to finish a 10 min session with mighty... I've never cashed a bowl in 2-3 hits until now. Even my sticky brick Jr, i stay away from high temps for fear of combustion (and the preference for tasty low temps). Impressed so far to say the least! I'll be back once I find time to continue ghost research!

Sorry for the long post, but I had to get these thoughts out. I also didn't post my initial blunder because I was extremely disappointed in myself. Lol. I also wanted to see the outcome with Ghost before I started talking about it. Thanks for all the tips and tricks. @stickstones, @Summer thank you for all of your valuable input! Nerissa, thank you again and again
:rockon:

Last edited:

Lawrence_ish

Hi everyone,

Im going to amsterdam from uk on tuesday and Im scared that the police will confiscate my ghost when going through customs. Do they have any grounds to do this on?

Lawrence_ish,

Some-new-user

@Lawrence_ish don't come back and headbutt me if they do. I've had a clean but slightly used vape through no problems. Other people have been okay, I haven't heard of anyone who has had one confiscated but give it a really good clean and don't use it after that. Just be sensible, I don't risk any herb going through or anything else. Call it damage control. These things can also be used as aromatherapy devices - ghost sell herbs on their website. Good luck, have a nice trip.

Ripstar

You got to be kidding m? I always thought, the first buzz is "Ready to vape" and the second buzz is like "finished vaping".

I practically vaped while it's heating up and stopped, when it had temperature... I did it all wrong... Ok, let's start over with this beauty.
This needs to be addressed. And the Ghost instructional video does not say this. I too have been doing this wrong. Wow, now I feel silly for not liking this. Also, I can't wait to get home and try it...lol!

BangBoomBang

This needs to be addressed. And the Ghost instructional video does not say this. I too have been doing this wrong. Wow, now I feel silly for not liking this. Also, I can't wait to get home and try it...lol!

No, you did it correct.

The first buzz is right when you press the button. This tells “Heating up now!”.
Second Buzz is about 6 to 10 seconds later. This tells “Heated up, pull”.
Another 10 to 15 seconds later it’s the third buzz. This tells to finish the vape. Pull for another 2 to 3 seconds to cool down the crucible with some fresh air. That’s all!

stickstones

Vapor concierge

If you have any confusion or doubt at all about the heat up buzz, please look at the lights. I can’t say this loudly enough - the lights are perfectly clear and never confuse...but are also never mentioned!

Scrolling side to side means heating up.

All three flashing green means you should be hitting it.

Top Bottom