Discontinued Ghost MV1

Roland Blaze

Whoo!! Heads-up.. Vapefiend UK have offer of Ghost MV1 + Crucible Dispence + Quick Charger for £265.. and with code 420 takes it down to £255.

Edit : Sorry "Pyro" didnt see you had already posted above.

Last edited:

Alexis

While not quite as cheap as the bundle available in the US, @VapeFiend.com have put their black friday deal up.
They're asking £265.49 for the MV1, a crucible dispenser and the fast charger.
29mkm50.png

https://vapefiend.co.uk/products/ghost-mv1-vaporizer

While I don't really need a portable at the moment, I couldn't resist and I've ordered one :p
Should be here tomorrow

p.s. don't forget the 420 code too for an extra £10 saving ;)

[edit] Despatched already, nice one @VapeFiend.com

Whoo!! Heads-up.. Vapefiend UK have offer of Ghost MV1 + Crucible Dispence + Quick Charger for £265.. and with code 420 takes it down to £255.
;)
Im more than considering it. I would almost certainly have jumped on the Black Friday deal had I not just purchased a Splinter Z from Vapefiend. That didn't work out with my allergies but I have now sold it to my friend and I'm ready to go again.

(And Dave might be buying a lightly used MV1 to go with his Splinter Z in the near future possibly (but hopefully not)).

Edit- @Pyr0 real sorry mate for not sending the Z your way. Had my friend not been interested, I was going to pm you with first refusals, it helped me a ton that he came to collect. Maybe another time.

Last edited:

dodgy_b

Was a new firmware recently released? My MV1 tried to update tonight. I canceled the update until I did some research.
Would like to know as well. My unit went into update mode today. I've only owned it 2 weeks so I accepted the update figuring it might be a regular occurrence?

Edit: for reference it went to 3 blinking amber lights, prompted an update dialog box to accept, then asked to pair the device again.

dodgy_b,

Baron23

Was a new firmware recently released? My MV1 tried to update tonight. I canceled the update until I did some research.
Is it 1.4? If so, this is a connectivity improvement release with no new features or functions.

I asked if I had to take 1.4 in order to upgrade to later releases, and not get stranded off of the upgrade path, that do add functionality and the sort of vague answer I got was "no", I don't.

Baron23,
Reactions: Summer

LabPong

I can live with it because I badly want to give this vape I go and see if I can tolerate it. And if removing the battery basically disables the Bluetooth feature then at least I know I can always use that option when the vaporizer is not in use to just cut out a little bit on the electrosmog toxicity.

Of course none of this might apply here or perhaps not as I am picturing.

Yes....just pull the battery off its contacts...done deal. You can move it about 4mm and it stays in place but not connected to pins.

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Initial impressions were good. Its quite heavy, but I like the ergonomics.

The bowl and loading system sucks big time for me.

The silicone rubs against the bowl and door making it feel stiffer than it needs to be.

The bowls are absolutely shit and should be changed to mesh as soon as possible imho. This current system is too fiddly, the lids aren't secured on in anyway and fall off, and they don't allow enough airflow.

My first bowl I got 2 decent draws from and a couple of wispy draws before and after. I opened the bowl and the underside of the lid is so sticky it's unbelievable. This tells me that not all of the oil is being vaped efficently and instead getting trapped because of the lids and the bad airflow design

I look at the herb and there's tons of green left. I emptied it and see 2 dark spots, but lots of unspent green herbage.
I put the herb in my flowerpot and got a decent little rip lol

The instructions and button presses could be clearer too.
Going to try the app to see what temps etc it's using as this has just been on the default setting.

[Edit] it was running at 185.
I've bumped it up to 210

[Edit] at 210 I feel like I'm vaping more of the bowl with less green remaining at the end, but there are still some green flecks here & there, the charred centre is becoming more prominent and the underside is getting pretty dark at this point.

I feel like if the bowl system was changed, we could get a much, much better extraction, particularly around the edges.

A finished bowl at 210:
nzhxev.jpg

These was no vapour left, and it started tasting bad.
While it looks like it may have been packed tightly, I can assure everyone it was not.
If I take off the top layers, the centre is almost black while the sides are relatively uncooked.
This was at the bottom
15y6xiq.jpg

At this point I'm starting to feel that this may not be the vape for me as I don't like the uneven cooking and the taste of charred cannabis.
If anyone has any massive vape changing advice I'm all ears.

I'll try a coarser grind next with a Compton grinder as I was just using some headband from the gr8tr with a fine plate.

Last edited:

Razshiro

@Pyr0 , agree with the crucible, it's a bit tricky with big finger even more if you want to stir. At first i have some trouble with charring bowl but after pushing the mouthpiece to the max (for have this little "bubble" sound when you inhale) i have better result, no more charring at temp under 210°C, i can draw like i want. I like to use the @stickstones tech (step up temp) . Try to pack your bowl more loosely and try to push up the MP, like i do and tell us if you have better result !!

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Disclaimer: My wife works for Ghost Vapes. Take that into consideration when reading my posts in this thread. I will attempt to present factual, impartial information on Ghost products, but won't blame you one bit if you think I am biased towards this company.

@Pyr0 - been there. I agree with @Razshiro , push the stem in, but also slow your draw, if you're a huffer. I would also stir before hitting the highest temps (red lights). I ended up custom setting the highest temp to get the herbs cooked as far as I wanted, but no more.

So....push the stem in, slow the draw, stir before hitting the red temps, and don't feel like you have to finish it off on the highest temp. End it on your terms!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Thanks @stickstones and @Razshiro

I've been keeping the stem quite low as I don't like how much its able to move when fully extended.
I think I've been using a fairly slow and steady draw. I'm drawing for the duration between buzzes and I'm not filling my lungs. I could easily keep pulling for another press of the button, maybe more.

I've never been one for stirring vapes and this one doesn't make it easy with these bowls and lids which are fiddly and hot to handle in the middle of a sesh..
I tried and it created dust which got all over the green silicone, so I'm still not a fan of stirring.

I've had a little more success with a slightly coarser grind to try this aid the already restricted airflow through the load.

I think even with the current bowls, they could have fitted a few more holes around the edges, there loads's of dead space. If ceramic wasn't so brittle, I might have tried adding some myself.

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate it.:tup:

martinstraka8282

Initial impressions were good. Its quite heavy, but I like the ergonomics.

The bowl and loading system sucks big time for me.

The silicone rubs against the bowl and door making it feel stiffer than it needs to be.

The bowls are absolutely shit and should be changed to mesh as soon as possible imho. This current system is too fiddly, the lids aren't secured on in anyway and fall off, and they don't allow enough airflow.

My first bowl I got 2 decent draws from and a couple of wispy draws before and after. I opened the bowl and the underside of the lid is so sticky it's unbelievable. This tells me that not all of the oil is being vaped efficently and instead getting trapped because of the lids and the bad airflow design

I look at the herb and there's tons of green left. I emptied it and see 2 dark spots, but lots of unspent green herbage.
I put the herb in my flowerpot and got a decent little rip lol

The instructions and button presses could be clearer too.
Going to try the app to see what temps etc it's using as this has just been on the default setting.

[Edit] it was running at 185.
I've bumped it up to 210

[Edit] at 210 I feel like I'm vaping more of the bowl with less green remaining at the end, but there are still some green flecks here & there, the charred centre is becoming more prominent and the underside is getting pretty dark at this point.

I feel like if the bowl system was changed, we could get a much, much better extraction, particularly around the edges.

A finished bowl at 210:
nzhxev.jpg

While it looks like it may have been packed tightly, I can assure everyone it was not.
If I take off the top layers, the centre is almost black while the sides are relatively uncooked.
This was at the bottom
15y6xiq.jpg

At this point I'm starting to feel that this may not be the vape for me as I don't like the uneven cooking and the taste of charred cannabis.
If anyone has any massive vape changing advice I'm all ears.

I'll try a coarser grind next with a Compton grinder as I was just using some headband from the gr8tr with a fine plate.
Damn. Now that is some charred and uneven avb. Don't feel discouraged, that is not typical.

Keep at it and follow the suggestions from the great contributors on this forum and the other vape forum. My avb looks nothing like that, it comes out pretty even brown for the most part and I'm fairly casual about it other than buying some 58% boveda packs to put in my jars.

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Pyr0, I second what was said. Try different grinds/packing/dryness & draws & stem length. I pull my stem out pretty much fully open so I can draw a little stronger. After you exhaust all the possibilities that it's not user error, then open up a CS ticket on GV.com cause it very well may be your particular unit. Do keep us apprised.

Last edited:
Summer,
Reactions: Alexis

Stdudez

Shoutout to @CreamCityVapes for the incredible customer service. Dan is a great guy to talk to and really help you find what you want in a vape. Got a kickass deal, I highly recommend checking him out.

Ordered myself a Stealth MV1 to start off strong for the holidays. Holidays suck, vapes don't.

This seems to be the best deal I can find on the MV1 Stealth - even better than Ghost's website. With the coupon code its $334.99 and includes and extra battery. The problem is before finding this deal I just placed and order on Ghost's website and ordered the extra battery which has a higher total of $355. I sent Ghost an email asking if they can price match (doubtful), or otherwise to cancel the order so I can nab the deal from Cream City Vapes. Stinks because they are closed until Monday so no answer until then at the soonest. I think I saw that CCC's deal is going through 11/30 so hopefully I have some time to get it sorted out.

Also, do you know if they are an authorized reseller for Ghost (so the warranty won't be compromised?)

I'm super excited to get the MV1. Back in May I was completely torn between ordering this one and the Haze Square Pro when it first started pre-orders. I ended up going with the Haze which I still like - but there are some kinks that definitely need to be ironed out, and I hoping when I change it in for version 2 down the road (free trade up for being a pioneer buyer) its better off. I think the MV1 would have been the better choice in the first place for consistent clouds! Can't wait to get it!

Last edited:

BangBoomBang

A finished bowl at 210:
nzhxev.jpg

In my opinion: Too tight, too coarse, I would say.

BangBoomBang,

CarbonFiberGuy

Does anyone have any chipping on the black stealth version ? This type of coating on metal , especially on the door worries me about scratching . Just kinda wondering how durable the finish is on the stealth compared to the black chrome ? The vape is beautiful and I wanna keep the one I get that way lol

CarbonFiberGuy,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Just received mine, did a breakdown of the heatsink to look for changes, did see some poor anodizing (?) on the inside of the heatsink... I am guessing annodize was the method used? It looks like there is some poor coverage as it goes deeper, and there are a few bubbles that look like they could chip, but I am not going to make assumptions and time will tell.

I am a vigorous cleaner, every 6 crucibles seems to be my pattern with ghost. I'll keep an eye on it with cleaning.

While I do like the flat black look of the sink, I'm not crazy about the changes made. The most notable is the plastic (or acrylic?) mouth piece. I do favor the glass on the original. I don't know if it was the weight of the glass piece or the way it felt on my lips, it just felt right in a way I'm not getting with the black one.

The heatsink is much tighter. I struggled to disassemble and had an even harder time getting the gasket and lid to seat properly when reassembling... It was much more difficult than the original. Hopefully this gets easier with wear, but I don't expect it will, without a smaller gasket.

All that said, the new one rips like a beast with great vapor, dare I even say- better vapor than my first unit! I do think the temps are a little more accurate than my original and I am getting more evenly and more thoroughly vaped material with the Stealth while operating at a lower temp. Epic win!

I'll keep an eye on the heatsink for chips, and hopefully it gets easier to disassemble and reassemble after some wear, but overall I'm happy, especially if this unit does not overheat like my first one!

I am having some interesting pairing issues with my fast charger... Will write Nerissa to see if she might offer guidance.

Brewervapesalot

In my opinion: Too tight, too coarse, I would say.

Coarse okay, pack much looser then see if you still get charring. Should be able to see air "space" between green nuggets of amazing glory and righteousness....

In other words, no tamping at all. Gingerly scoop into crucible. Anything that would touch the lid, remove, don't tamp...

If such a pack still chars, at an acceptable draw speed, then something is wrong with the unit....

zherer

Just picked up my first MV1 (stealth black) and have to say, having read and watched everything out there, couldn't believe I'd have any issues whatsoever despite this being my first purely convection unit..

Unfortunately not the case. I seem to get a nice big cloud off my first rip of a new crucible, whether on level 3 or 4, but then absolutely nothing after that, even if I crank up to level 5. Material still very green, hasn't been extracted much at all. Don't understand how I can get a great rip first time, every time, but nothing after?!

I've tried both a medium and fine grind, fully packed crucible but not too tight, nice consistent draw (not a fan of this loose, plastic straw though), but I get the same results every time. I've taken apart the heatsink and put it back together, all looks like it should be working fine, doesn't appear to have any leaks. Really at my wits end with this unit :-(.

Any further advice that can be imparted to get me on my way?

Summer

Long Island, NY
@CarbonFiberGuy, GV is saying the finish is very durable. We'll see. But I wouldn't worry about it as the vape have a long warranty & GV has provided excellent CS for the past year. I'm gonna treat it with respect, but I'm not gonna baby it. If it winds up with some scratching over time from normal use, so be it.

I'm not crazy about the changes made. The most notable is the plastic (or acrylic?) mouth piece. I do favor the glass on the original. I don't know if it was the weight of the glass piece or the way it felt on my lips, it just felt right in a way I'm not getting with the black one.

I prefer the plastic (I think polyurethane) mp. I have both the recent black & prior clear plastic ones, as well as the original glass. GV isn't selling the plastic ones yet, but the glass mp 3-pack is still on the website for purchase.

The heatsink is much tighter. I struggled to disassemble and had an even harder time getting the gasket and lid to seat properly when reassembling... It was much more difficult than the original. Hopefully this gets easier with wear, but I don't expect it will, without a smaller gasket.

Now this is pure conjecture, but I don't think it will get easier disassembling & reassembling. If anything, I think there's a risk of the gasket stretching out when disassembling over time, making it more difficult to reassemble. This enlargement I believe will be the result of having to pry it out of the heat sink. As I previously said, I liken the texture of the gasket to gummy bears. And, as such, I think there's a risk of it tearing, too. I have requested GV to sell gaskets as a separate accessory which would make me feel more secure having a couple of backups.

All that said, the new one rips like a beast with great vapor, dare I even say- better vapor than my first unit! ... I am getting more evenly and more thoroughly vaped material with the Stealth ... Epic win!

Agreed ... Epic win! I've been lucky as my 1st one also vapes evenly.

I am having some interesting pairing issues with my fast charger.

? Do tell.

Summer,

akiraone

Hi friends,

My MV1 Stealth just arrived, its my first pure conduction vape (was fight between, Mighty and MV1, but due to the, that I already have session unit like IQ, I chose MV1) . Now waiting till it gona be fully charged, before initial use. I have one question, is mouth piece should be plastic in this version? I see that chrome version, have glass mouth piece. Its a pity that is has changed for the plastic (still prefer less plastic,rubbers, etc. in vape units).

I would order glass mouth piece, is it will be compatible with the Stealth version?

Sorry for my english...

akiraone,
Reactions: Summer
Top Bottom