Discontinued Ghost MV1

Brewervapesalot

I was wondering this as well. Does it need to be completely spotless everytime?

Clean them well enough so no holes are clogged or performance will suffer. This is pretty much an everytime you change the crucible thing. It's annoying to have to clean some resin off each time. Always seemed to get on my fingers.

Broken record on this point, but since people are asking about it, Ghost should address this in the future; no reason a different lid or design couldn't be implemented IMO.

Brewervapesalot,

Summer

Long Island, NY
Broken record on this point, but since people are I tasking about it, Ghost should address this in the future; no reason a different lid or design couldn't be implemented IMO.

I don't know how much you can improve on the lid. Even if you went with a ceramic lid & the holes were larger, the terps would still gunk up the underside. And don't forget that prob. 1/2 of users use a fine grind so the larger the holes the greater the chance of inhaling the herb. I think this is just a combo of using a pod with convection. I might be wrong, but jmo.

Question: if you order a heatsink today, is it one of the newer ones?

This is a question for @ghostvapesofficial. I think we are up to version 3 in the gasket. Regardless, if you ordered today at minimum you would get a version 2 gasket which imo if equally good. It's was only the discontinued 1st version that was rigid rubber that caused the problem.

MinnBobber

I don't know how much you can improve on the lid. Even if you went with a ceramic lid & the holes were larger, the terps would still gunk up the underside. And don't forget that prob. 1/2 of users use a fine grind so the larger the holes the greater the chance of inhaling the herb. I think this is just a combo of using a pod with convection. I might be wrong, but jmo
.............................................................................................................
IMO, all crucible lids made from solid metal with holes punched are a functionally very poor !!!
They are "goo magnets" that clog way too much AND they retain heat/ are hotter than hell when
you deal with them afterwards/to empty.

Fine mesh screen lids (with a slim metal rim) are so far superior, it's not even close.
They are much better at holding in the fine ABV dust, they cool almost instantly, they don't get
gunked up/need cleaning.
MiniVAP Flexicone modules have this type of lid and it runs so clean, it's hard to believe sometimes.
Finish your session, take a 1 second phantom draw without heat and they are cooled and ready to empty.

I wish I could craft an oval, rimmed screen to replace the stock Ghost cruc lid.

images

Brewervapesalot

I don't know how much you can improve on the lid. Even if you went with a ceramic lid & the holes were larger, the terps would still gunk up the underside. And don't forget that prob. 1/2 of users use a fine grind so the larger the holes the greater the chance of inhaling the herb. I think this is just a combo of using a pod with convection. I might be wrong, but jmo.

You maybe right, but other vapes use different screens and/or materials which dont need the constant cleaning. The way MV1 is designed requires a stainless lip on the edge of the screen so the silicone gasket makes a tight seal. I think that's why they cannot use a regular pipe screen or easily use a screen made of ceramic (which does not attract resin like stainless steel).

What I am pushing for, because I want a MV2, is that I think they just need to try different designs and/or materials on the crucibles and/or lids.

All screens clog. But the MV1 lid clogs way too easy, requiring a light cleaning basically every bowl, and that literally was the straw that broke my back when I gave up on the device. I bought, as you know :), many crucibles and holders and just cleaned them in mass. But that's a go-round, not a fix. Cleaning dozens of crucibles in mass, each week, is better than one at a time during the week, but in the end it just annoyed me, a lot, especially when explaining to guests they need clean hot or dirty lids between each crucible or grab another new one (if one is handy).

I think your lighter usage makes this less of an issue.

But when you're putting down a few crucibles in a row, and toasting your fingers on crucibles and lids to clean them between crucibles it becomes like why is this designed like this...???

Heres a better design for crucibles:

https://ibb.co/jc9JVL

Load 25 in under two minutes. And I dont even make a mess anymore. There is no top screen used on this vaporizer because heat is drawn down through the device. The fine mesh pipe screens dont get dirty quick, as another says above, and you can buy hundreds for a few bucks and just throw them away if you want. Cleaning them is easy too, though.

Last edited:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I agree that a screen capsule would be an improvement. My biggest beef however is that the lids don't secure themselves to the capsule. They fall off way too easily for my clumsy ass (and shaky fingers) while trying to seat the crucible into the tray. :disgust:

Despite that gripe, I must say that the device works quite well overall IMO and I'm enjoying it a lot.:nod:

:peace:

Zow237

Zow237,
Reactions: Summer

Mr Mellish

I probably get 3-4 uses out of a crucible and lid before I clean them with ISO. Until then, I just give the lid a quick scrape with my finger when I reload it the next day.

Mr Mellish,
Reactions: Summer

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Disclaimer: My wife works for Ghost Vapes. Take that into consideration when reading my posts in this thread. I will attempt to present factual, impartial information on Ghost products, but won't blame you one bit if you think I am biased towards this company.

An oval screen like the minivap uses, with some slight wings to hold on, would be perfect. Punched metal screens gunk up faster than mesh ones, no matter what vape I find them on. I recently got done with a round of testing with one manufacturer and the major change was from a punched screen to a mesh one in the mouthpiece.

My most used accessory for the Ghost is, oddly enough, the horsehair brush included with every S&B vape! If I just brush off the bottom of the lid with my finger, I get about three or four uses before it needs a cleaning. But with this brush I can go as many as ten or more. I hold the edge of the screen with the bottom facing away from me and, instead of brushing, I jab at the top of the lid, pushing hairs through the holes and clearing them all within a couple seconds. Then I brush off the underside, and repeat if the holes got clogged again. I think every Ghost owner should have one of these brushes.

ghostvapesofficial

Company Rep
Company Rep
This is a question for @ghostvapesofficial. I think we are up to version 3 in the gasket. Regardless, if you ordered today at minimum you would get a version 2 gasket which imo if equally good. It's was only the discontinued 1st version that was rigid rubber that caused the problem.

There have only been 2 versions of the gasket and new heat sinks. All the units being shipped have the latest one in them.

Nerissa :)

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I agree that a screen capsule would be an improvement. My biggest beef however is that the lids don't secure themselves to the capsule. They fall off way too easily for my clumsy ass (and shaky fingers) while trying to seat the crucible into the tray. :disgust:

Despite that gripe, I must say that the device works quite well overall IMO and I'm enjoying it a lot.:nod:

:peace:
@Stu i hear very good things about the GHOST?

Ripstar

Last edited by a moderator:
Ripstar,
Reactions: ataxian

guyonthecouch

After trying all loading/packing techniques, still not having much luck getting vapor on the yellow settings. Some is produced on the 3rd yellow temp but nothing reminiscent of the "Evo" as others have mentioned/compared it to. Also, finding myself having to stir every bowl. Open to any suggestions to improve my experience, are my issues indicative of anything in particular I'm overlooking?

guyonthecouch,

MinnBobber

An oval screen like the minivap uses, with some slight wings to hold on, would be perfect. Punched metal screens gunk up faster than mesh ones, no matter what vape I find them on
I suggested such to one of the Ghost reps who felt no changes were needed.
If the crucible was not totally curved, but had a straight edge between the current lid "prongs", one could slid the lid on from the side. It would have "claw prongs" that wrap over the crucible top edge to hold it secure.
This might even work with the current curved crucible if the prongs had enough movement to get over the widest spot???

Screens rule for crucible lids!

MinnBobber,

wastedpotential

.............................................................................................................
IMO, all crucible lids made from solid metal with holes punched are a functionally very poor !!!
They are "goo magnets" that clog way too much AND they retain heat/ are hotter than hell when
you deal with them afterwards/to empty.

Fine mesh screen lids (with a slim metal rim) are so far superior, it's not even close.
They are much better at holding in the fine ABV dust, they cool almost instantly, they don't get
gunked up/need cleaning.
MiniVAP Flexicone modules have this type of lid and it runs so clean, it's hard to believe sometimes.
Finish your session, take a 1 second phantom draw without heat and they are cooled and ready to empty.

I wish I could craft an oval, rimmed screen to replace the stock Ghost cruc lid.

images
The Ghost is not alone in this. Haze Square has this clogging issue also. I think this is one of those things that vaping creates that we have to figure out a way around it.
With the Haze, I've put pipe screens on the top of their pods, and that helps considerably. But, Haze kept them round so it is easier than Ghost to retrofit.
The oval design of the Ghost's crucibles make such little tweaks more difficult.

I have to wonder why we aren't just using tea bags or something similar, that can stay sealed yet flexible.

MinnBobber

The Ghost is not alone in this. Haze Square has this clogging issue also. I think this is one of those things that vaping creates that we have to figure out a way around it.
With the Haze, I've put pipe screens on the top of their pods, and that helps considerably. But, Haze kept them round so it is easier than Ghost to retrofit.
The oval design of the Ghost's crucibles make such little tweaks more difficult.

I have to wonder why we aren't just using tea bags or something similar, that can stay sealed yet flexible.
That's interesting that you mention Haze Square as they have the exact same issue----solid metal lid with holes AKA a goo magnet.
Haze is very interested in improvements. I sent them miniVAP Flexicone modules and some Hemp tea bag filter material and some design ideas.
They said these ideas will be used in their new dosing capsules/ micro dosing capsules which we are waiting to see/use....

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Summer i registered on the website and it said I had the 5 year

You're right, I'm wrong. I had said,
I want to bring to everyone's attention that the warranty is 5 years only if registered through the app, otherwise it's only 2 years if registered through the website without going through the app.

BUT actually, the warranty on the website is worded, "GHOST provides a limited warranty to the original purchaser (“Customer”) on the GHOST MV1 Vaporizer (“Device”), against defects in materials and/or workmanship for a period of 2 years from the date of purchase, a period which will be extended to 5 years from the date of purchase upon registration of the Device with GHOST via the GHOST smartphone App (“The App”) or via the My Account section of the website within 90 days of the date of purchase.

Sorry, for spreading falsehoods. It's known as reading for comprehension. :doh:

Summer,
Top Bottom