Discontinued Ghost MV1

Baron23

Is the MV1 truly the one to rule them all? Has the mighty truly been dethroned, N I get it, conduction vs convection..(get both to stay covered) but overall potency and vapor quality?

No, I don't think there is any such thing as "the ONE vaporizer" and I don't think VapeCritic has that view either.

Both Mighty and MV1 are top tier portables with some differences that go mainly to your use habits.

There is, IMO, no single vape for everybody in every situation.

Cheers

Ohm and Away

First question is it stable now? I remember reading about devices getting bricked.

Second do you think it's easier to switch between heat settings using the app or straight thru the device
I'm running it on android and it works fine. It doesn't have much functionality other than changing temp settings. To answer your second question; Yeah it's easier if you happen to have your phone on in front of you, but it's easy enough just doing it directly from the device.

Ohm and Away,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Disclaimer: My wife works for Ghost Vapes. Take that into consideration when reading my posts in this thread. I will attempt to present factual, impartial information on Ghost products, but won't blame you one bit if you think I am biased towards this company.

Im thinking about buying a nice premium grinder so my material is more consistently ground.

I think you're on the right track by chasing a consistent grind. I think that's more important than the size of the grind. I've found the most important key there to be keeping it clean. Dirty grinders get inconsistent. Grab one of the recommended ones here and go for it.

First question is it stable now?

Go for it.

Second do you think it's easier to switch between heat settings using the app or straight thru the device.

I rarely use the app because I don't like two-handed vaping. I used the app to fine tune the higher temps, but otherwise I pretty much stay with the on-board controls. Once learned, they're easy.

Are you in agreement with VapeCritic? Is the MV1 truly the one to rule them all?

There was a time when this forum had a subtitle that read "There is no best vaporizer", and I still believe that. It's the reason I have a room full of vapes instead of one or two. I've wanted an on-demand convection portable vape for years, and we now have a selection of mass produced ones to choose from! None of them are perfect, but I still prefer them to a conduction vape, while others will feel differently. That being said, the MV1 is one of three portables I reach for most depending on the situation.

Mr Mellish

I was looking on utube for a video of someone using the app, nothing.

First question is it stable now? I remember reading about devices getting bricked.

Second do you think it's easier to switch between heat settings using the app or straight thru the device.

If anyone comes across a deal on spare batteries please let me know!

I just downloaded the app for the first time since the beta period. The only difference I can see is that it now seems to run on the iPad. In beta, it only worked on my iPhone (and worked just fine then).

Mr Mellish,

Summer

Long Island, NY
The gasket was the most finicky thing - I had to lightly grab the edge and tug on it to get it and the ceramic inner part to come out. Took more force than expected, way more than what the guy showed in the video.

Probably took more force because the video was done with the version 1 gasket I believe. It was very dense, more rubber-like (think tire rubber) therefore less pliable. The 2nd version was less dense, more silicone-y, & more pliable. This 3rd & current version is pretty close to the 2nd one, yet it's even more pliable -- think gummy bear. So instead of pulling it off the inner ceramic heat sink tube (whatever-you-call-it), you are literally peeling it off. Because of this, the top lip gets a little misshapen. I go slow & pull on it gently so as not to tear it or pull it more out of shape. To reassemble, I have better luck at putting the back side of the top piece on & working it down in place over the front. I'm not a heavy user so I don't have to clean the heat sink often.

Your final reassembly pic looks fine. Just do the palm test to be sure no air is leaking & you'll be fine.

So I have been experimenting with grind and temps over the long weekend. I’ve found for my draw speed that cutting flower with scissors instead of grinding

Get a coarse grinder. I don't have one yet, but the Lift Grinder provides medium grind even with the fine plate, so the medium & coarse will even be coarser. Here's a link to Vape Critic's post on VLF showing the Lift grinder in comparison to a couple of other grinders. Very few grinders produce a coarse grind.

https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/3650/grind-size-comparison

This is the one I bought off Amazom which produces a medium-coarse, fluffly grind. And you can't beat the price. 2 years ago it was close to $20, now it's $8:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MDNW5OM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Im thinking about buying a nice premium grinder so my material is more consistently ground. What is the best choice for the ghosts needs?

I say the Brilliant Cut Grinder since you can buy all 3 grinder plate sizes. After you know which size grind you like you can always get another one dedicated to the grind size you like.

Coincidentally, the BCG just went up for sale today.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/brilliant-cut-grinder.26878/page-21#post-1324023

That being said, the MV1 is one of three portables I reach for most depending on the situation.

Well, what are the other 2? I'm gonna guess one is the Mighty?

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Disclaimer: My wife works for Ghost Vapes. Take that into consideration when reading my posts in this thread. I will attempt to present factual, impartial information on Ghost products, but won't blame you one bit if you think I am biased towards this company.

Curious, what are other two portables you reach for most often?

Well, what are the other 2? I'm gonna guess one is the Mighty?

The MV1 gets my casual use, or most of it. I grab the Square when I want something with insane amounts of herb in it to go the whole evening. And I'll grab the Mighty when I want a change-up or if I'm going out to share. These three have covered every portable need I've had for months, except for something really small. That's when I'll grab a prefilled and hang with @Ohm and Away .

Ohm and Away

Looks like I'm about to find out how good their customer support is. Just under one week of use and the latch on the inside of the door mechanism has broken off. This renders the device unusable because it won't let me fire by just holding the door closed. I also can't send the unit back as I live in a country where vaping is illegal and I don't want to run the risk of taking it to a DHL office. Fml.
2mx35sk.jpg

It's the little black thing on top, just inside the enclosure, the top half of it has broken off (the photo got posted sideways for some reason).

Ohm and Away,
Reactions: ataxian

Summer

Long Island, NY
Looks like I'm about to find out how good their customer support is. Just under one week of use and the latch on the inside of the door mechanism has broken off. This renders the device unusable because it won't let me fire by just holding the door closed. I also can't send the unit back as I live in a country where vaping is illegal and I don't want to run the risk of taking it to a DHL office.

You are gonna have to send it back. GV will send you a prepaid return shipping label which DHL I'm certain will accept.

Summer,

Summer

Long Island, NY
I was told that apart from mailing time, there's a 7 - 14 day in-house turnaround time for warranty repair. Maybe they'll just send you a new unit & have you ship this one back since you had it such a short time.

Summer,

bigdaddycurtis

Question, I registered my MV1 over the weekend but did not receive a confirmation email. Should I reach out to ghost to verify my device is registered. I want to make sure I get the 5 year warranty.
Thanks

bigdaddycurtis,

ghostvapesofficial

Company Rep
Company Rep
@Ohm and Away I will PM you.

Question, I registered my MV1 over the weekend but did not receive a confirmation email. Should I reach out to ghost to verify my device is registered. I want to make sure I get the 5 year warranty.
Thanks

You should get a confirmation soon. Our office is closed during the weekends and we were closed yesterday because of Veterans Day.

Nerissa :)

dodgy_b

Love it! Put some wax in the middle of the bowl. It seemed to last forever, started at level 3 and worked my way up to 428 on my level 5. Super fluffy clouds and tasty all the way till the last pull. I love my mv1 :)
n6pz7t.jpg
Nice! Are you stirring to get avb that even?

I'm just on day 3 with a new MV1. Digging it but still feeling it out. Getting good results but upon opening my crucibles I'm definitely getting some hot spots and uneven avb.

(Guess I should note I'm grinding med, packing full/not tamped, fresh batteries, no leaks in heat sink)

DJ!

So what's everyone's custom temps? Seems like I've seen 410 on a few posts.

Are 4 and 5 default set to 408 and 428?

stickstones

Vapor concierge

Getting good results but upon opening my crucibles I'm definitely getting some hot spots and uneven avb.

You're on the right track. This is where you'll start to play with your technique and find your personal sweet spot. I've played with the following to find mine:
- draw speed (I suggest you slow it down a little, and push the mouthpiece in a little. I get a little more potency from a little tighter resistance.)
- Temps, obviously
- your pack and grind. A consistent grind seems to be more important than the size, imo. I use a light tamp with a medium grind while my friend uses a fine grind with a tight pack, and we both like it.
- your overall routine. see below for where I've currently landed...

So what's everyone's custom temps?

Mine are set to 410 and 419. I think 410 is normal, but 419 is a drop from 428. I finally decided to start dropping the temp little by little until I got the end results I want from my last hit, and ended up on 419.

When I went to the trade show last February, the Ghost team turned me on to a vape pattern that I still do today. Literally changed how I vape. The concept is to take advantage of the Ghost's on-demand, precision heating to capture all the terps, without destroying anything, to increase potency. I think it works, and it goes like this:

Level 1 - 338F - take two hits here to capture any terps that would have been destroyed if we started above 350F. It tastes so good!
Level 2 - Take one hit here. this is optional. you can go straight to level 3 if you want.
Level 3 - Hit it here until vapor stops. This usually takes me two to four hits, depending on the strain
Level 4 - You can take a hit here and bump it up to 5, or finish it off here...up to you and your style

I usually take one hit on Level 4 and then, where most would stop altogether, I open it up, dump out the crucible, stir it up and crush anything big, and load it back up. Bump it up to Level 5, which I have set to 419, and finish it off there.

That's my routine, and I love it. I get taste, potency, efficiency, and I can take as much time as I want doing it.

Top Bottom