Discontinued Ghost MV1

Brewervapesalot

I have to agree, after extensive testing with the regular unit and stealth edition I'm finding the vapor not that potent and the device not that efficient with material. My guess is that the heat sink is "trapping/collecting" all the goodies. Take your heat sink out and look at how much reclaim is stuck on the bottom of it(after 10+ crucibles), all of that sweet sweet nectar not making it's way to the lungs. I've never seen a vape produce as much reclaim as the MV1. Someone please let me know if I'm doing something wrong but everything seems fine and operational.

I think your use and experience is on par and those are fair observations. Youre not doing anything wrong. A big selling point of the Ghost is cool vapor, a product of the heatsink, but it does require, and comes at the cost of, a lot of cleaning.

Cleaning is relatively easy though, as the parts can just be soaked, so maybe just get into a good routine and collect reclaim if desired.

The vape is pretty efficient nonetheless. I've criticized it, but not on that point.

Obviousky, if you can find less expensive sources of herb, the loss of reclaim/efficiently will be mitigated. I'm able to grow in Washington, moved here in part because of this, which makes efficiency irrelevant to me; herb has no monetary value at all in my life and I am extremely wasteful to the point I dont even know what to do with ABV or reclaim anymore. Certainly never stir anything. Just dump and refill for tasty new draws.

As a side note that will help, Michigan, Utah, Missouri just became part of legalization to various degrees so cheaper prices for everyone are inevitable longer run (weed crosses state lines and the supply going up will help everyone's price). Plus, a good bipartisan effort between Trump, moderate and libertarian Republicans, and Democrats (as opposed to establishment Republicans/neo-conservatives and law and order liberals) would be to legalize federally, and that really could happen. The number of votes needed in Congress is close and growing. Trump has now said he supports legalization, Jeff Sessions as AG is out, which helps because he was opposed, and the politically devisive climate today is not unlike the 1930's when prohibition of alcohol ended. Such a bill would be popular. However, the billions in tax revenue currently collected by the FEDs from legal pot shops unable to claim ANY federal tax deductions/exemptions, at all, is the major hurdle... (getting (greedy ass) government to give up on taking and wasting more of other people's money, is like trying to reverse the rotation of planet... the biggest hurdle to legalization is big government and government involvement in (and messing up) every aspect of society because nobody greedily takes, spends, and wastes more money than the federal government... the bigger its coffers gets the more it wants, the more you make the more they take, the more people want freebies the more kids not born yet will pay for it all, times 100 in interest.... bankrupting us all... and the farther we are from federal legalization because the current tax collected on legal state pot shops dwarfs any taxes federal legalization could bring... in sum, federal legalization must include legally growing or prices will resist coming down because government will just want to raise taxes on pot like they do cigarettes...)

Last edited:

guyonthecouch

Disclaimer: My wife works for Ghost Vapes. Take that into consideration when reading my posts in this thread. I will attempt to present factual, impartial information on Ghost products, but won't blame you one bit if you think I am biased towards this company.

What are you comparing it to?
Every other vaporizer, the feature of the extended/cooling air path is allowing vapor to condense and collect reclaim at a higher rate than I've observed anywhere else. Guess that's the trade off for the cooler vapor. Again, unless I'm doing something wrong and no one else is seeing this happen?

I think your use and experience is on par and those are fair observations. Youre not doing anything wrong. A big selling point of the Ghost is cool vapor, a product of the heatsink, but it does require, and comes at the cost of, a lot of cleaning.

Cleaning is relatively easy though, as the parts can just be soaked, so maybe just get into a good routine and collect reclaim if desired.

The vape is pretty efficient nonetheless. I've criticized it, but not on that point.

Obviousky, if you can find less expensive sources of herb, the loss of reclaim/efficiently will be mitigated. I'm able to grow in Washington, moved here in part because of this, which makes efficiency irrelevant to me; herb has no monetary value at all in my life and I am extremely wasteful to the point I dont even know what to do with ABV or reclaim anymore. Certainly never stir anything. Just dump and refill for tasty new draws.
Cleaning isn't the issue, I'd prefer to get as elevated as possible through my material and with the cost of the MV1 I have high expectations. Premium material + premium vaporizer. Not interested in collecting reclaim either. Anyways, if this can be improved upon it would be great :nod:

Last edited by a moderator:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Disclaimer: My wife works for Ghost Vapes. Take that into consideration when reading my posts in this thread. I will attempt to present factual, impartial information on Ghost products, but won't blame you one bit if you think I am biased towards this company.

Every other vaporizer, the feature of the extended/cooling air path is allowing vapor to condense and collect reclaim at a higher rate than I've observed anywhere else. Guess that's the trade off for the cooler vapor. Again, unless I'm doing something wrong and no one else is seeing this happen?

You’re probably not doing anything wrong. I’m only curious as to what vapes you’re comparing it to in order to gain some perspective. If you’ve used every other vaporizer, that’s good to know.

The mv1 probably collects more than others, but not enough to weaken the experience, imo. The more important thing to me is how easy it is to reclaim it. Most of the ghost’s oil buildup is at the bottoms of the crucible and ceramic sleeve, and in the grooves...all easy areas to scrape. (I don’t reclaim by evaporating iso. I found it weakens the oil.)

What a lot of people overlook is the small capacity of the crucibles.

guyonthecouch

You’re probably not doing anything wrong. I’m only curious as to what vapes you’re comparing it to in order to gain some perspective. If you’ve used every other vaporizer, that’s good to know.

The mv1 probably collects more than others, but not enough to weaken the experience, imo. The more important thing to me is how easy it is to reclaim it. Most of the ghost’s oil buildup is at the bottoms of the crucible and ceramic sleeve, and in the grooves...all easy areas to scrape. (I don’t reclaim by evaporating iso. I found it weakens the oil.)

What a lot of people overlook is the small capacity of the crucibles.
Small capacity is great(!) but that's why I'm also bringing up my vapor efficiency point. I'm needing to go through what seems a lot more material(multiple crucibles+more frequent usage) to attain similar effects when using other vapes. Seeing all the reclaim made me think that this could be the reason behind my experience.

dodgy_b

Couple quick, new user questions. Did the overnight charge via USB and now playing with it sans flower to get the hang of the interface. (Won't be able to test drive it for real till later tonight. Sigh...)

- confirming when depressing the draw button you get a very light, brief vibrate immediately, then a very audible longer buzz when up to temp, then a 2nd audible long buzz at the end of 15 secs? I'm assuming the sound of the buzz is normal/intended.

- also my understanding is it goes into sleep mode after a few minutes. Does it then go to off or is 3 clicks on the mode button required to shut it off? Guess my confusion is when to use 3 clicks on the mode button vs when to use 1 long hold of the mode button.

- are there any other cool tweaks on the app besides temp adjustment that I'm missing?

Thanks!

Last edited:

martinstraka8282

Couple quick, new user questions. Did the overnight charge via USB and now playing with it sans flower to get the hang of the interface. (Won't be able to test drive it for real till later tonight. Sigh...)

- confirming when depressing the draw button you get a very light, brief vibrate immediately, then a very audible longer buzz when up to temp, then a 2nd audible long buzz at the end of 15 secs? I'm assuming the sound of the buzz is normal/intended.

- also my understanding is it goes into sleep mode after a few minutes. Does it then go to off or is 3 clicks on the mode button required to shut it off? Guess my confusion is when to use 3 clicks on the mode button vs when to use 1 long hold of the mode button.

- are there any other cool tweaks on the app besides temp adjustment that I'm missing?

Thanks!
You are correct on the buzzing. One very soft buzz when pressing the vape button and activating he heater. One hard buzz when ready to draw. One more hard buzz after 15 seconds and heater shuts off.

There is unfortunately no real "off" mode without removing the battery. Once you put in the battery and hold the power button for 2 seconds, its in standby mode until you remove the battery again. 3 clicks puts you in vape mode, 3 clicks takes you out of vape mode, but youre always in standby with bluetooth broadcasting until you remove the battery again.

While in standby mode, whether in vape mode from 3 clicks or not, you press and hold the power button 2 seconds to show battery strength via 3 leds. While still lit up, let off and press and hold power button 2 more seconds to bring up temp indicator. Press button to cycle through 6 available temp options.

No other tweaks in the app right now. Temp adjustment and firmware updates is about it but more is apparently in testing and coming soon. One change basically confirmed is the option to swap the battery indicator and the temp adjustments for which one appears first. The other feature pretty much confirmed is some kind of night mode with the leds deactivated.

analytika

Once you put in the battery and hold the power button for 2 seconds, its in standby mode until you remove the battery again. 3 clicks puts you in vape mode, 3 clicks takes you out of vape mode, but youre always in standby with bluetooth broadcasting until you remove the battery again.

While in standby mode, whether in vape mode from 3 clicks or not, you press and hold the power button 2 seconds to show battery strength via 3 leds. While still lit up, let off and press and hold power button 2 more seconds to bring up temp indicator. Press button to cycle through 6 available temp options.

No other tweaks in the app right now. Temp adjustment and firmware updates is about it but more is apparently in testing and coming soon. One change basically confirmed is the option to swap the battery indicator and the temp adjustments for which one appears first. The other feature pretty much confirmed is some kind of night mode with the leds deactivated.

My head hurts.

TimeBomb0

Reassembling the heatsink of the Stealth MV1 after cleaning has been a bit hellish. Left me without a working heatsink.

Watched the video a few times, and following along with it, I disassembled the heat sink pretty easily. The gasket was the most finicky thing - I had to lightly grab the edge and tug on it to get it and the ceramic inner part to come out. Took more force than expected, way more than what the guy showed in the video.

Reassembling: Put the gasket back on the ceramic inner part, that went fine. Putting that snugly into the heat sink is where the problems started. It was very difficult to get it be flush with the heatsink. I had to press pretty hard in various areas and even then I'm not sure it's perfect. And when I pressed hard enough to get it to fit in, sometimes it pressed other parts too much to the point were part of the edge might have been pushed into the heat sink more than necessary, and I had to very lightly tug it to get it back into position. Quite awkward.

Then came putting the plastic cap that holds the glass piece in. That just... didn't work all that well. Maybe the silicone isn't sealing correctly or something after the initial reassemble. Treated it as delicately as possible while getting the job done, so not sure what's going on.

That being said, it does not appear to have an air bypass when doing the hand test. Still appears to be vaporizing effectively so far, but it's a bit worrysome.

Here's a picture w/ and w/o the plastic cap on:
image.png

Last edited:

Brewervapesalot

Reassembling the heatsink of the Stealth MV1 after cleaning has been a bit hellish. Left me without a working heatsink.

Watched the video a few times, and following along with it, I disassembled the heat sink pretty easily. The gasket was the most finicky thing - I had to lightly grab the edge and tug on it to get it and the ceramic inner part to come out. Took more force than expected, way more than what the guy showed in the video.

Reassembling: Put the gasket back on the ceramic inner part, that went fine. Putting that snugly into the heat sink is where the problems started. It was very difficult to get it be flush with the heatsink. I had to press pretty hard in various areas and even then I'm not sure it's perfect. And when I pressed hard enough to get it to fit in, sometimes it pressed other parts too much to the point were part of the edge might have been pushed into the heat sink more than necessary, and I had to very lightly tug it to get it back into position. Quite awkward.

Then came putting the plastic cap that holds the glass piece in. That just... didn't work all that well. Maybe the silicone isn't sealing correctly or something after the initial reassemble. Treated it as delicately as possible while getting the job done, so not sure what's going on.

That being said, it does not appear to have an air bypass when doing the hand test. Still appears to be vaporizing effectively so far, but it's a bit worrysome.

Here's a picture w/ and w/o the plastic cap on:
image.png

The heatsink never feels or looks back together; the silicone gaps appear large and squishy (that's a technical term, lol) and pieces never snap together firmly.

Just test it to be air tight: cover the holes on the bottom and draw air, and if no leakage then it's good. If leakage, take apart and put back together. The order in which you put it back together matters/helps.

This is a minor something that can be improved upon, as new users seem to have the same impression--somethings wrong--and when not put together right, it does leak.

Baron23

The high I get from vaping dry herb in the mv1 is fuller, more rounded, and more enjoyable than the oil/pen.

This ^^ is why, even now in a med legal state, I'm still predominantly flower. I have started squishing and am finding that fresh rosin, pressed reasonably low temp, also provides full spectrum effects.

How are you extracting your oils?

I do feel that concentrates do indeed drive up my tolerance so I try to walk a thin line there and use them, but not constantly and with an eye to the effects I'm getting with flower.

Glad you are happy with your MV1. For a flower vape, its as efficient as just about anything....Enano/log vape type efficient...or damn close.

Cheers

bigdaddycurtis

So I have been experimenting with grind and temps over the long weekend. I’ve found for my draw speed that cutting flower with scissors instead of grinding at 392 degree setting works for me. Ground flower still works but I’m getting so much more flavor not grinding my stuff. One question, am I right in saying that the ghost still draws power unless you remove the battery? I would hope they would change that. Or am I doing something wrong as far as not knowing how to shut it off completely? I ask this because I’m getting 5 or 6 crucibles before they are at 1 dot. That doesn’t seem right. Thanks

So I have been experimenting with grind and temps over the long weekend. I’ve found for my draw speed that cutting flower with scissors instead of grinding at 392 degree setting works for me. Ground flower still works but I’m getting so much more flavor not grinding my stuff. One question, am I right in saying that the ghost still draws power unless you remove the battery? I would hope they would change that. Or am I doing something wrong as far as not knowing how to shut it off completely? I ask this because I’m getting 5 or 6 crucibles before they are at 1 dot. That doesn’t seem right. Thanks
It seems that unseating the battery (u can then reseat it) prevents bluetooth activity which drains battery. Also 6 crucibles is about 35 or so draws which gets u to one light. I would say that is very good given my experience with 4 mv1s. It will go along time on one light and flashing one light. I have got a max of about 63 draws to complete depletion. I switch batteries at one light but I got 4 batteries. I would hope that the battery is well protected and won't allow u to go below a threshold which shortens battery life but I always change at one light.

martinstraka8282

Have any of you tried Kief or regular black hash as a concentrate in the MV1?

I have a bunch of both from before i switched from smoking to vaping and now i dont know how to use it up. The kief i mix with weed but wouldnt mind some hits of it on its own if possible.

martinstraka8282,

Baron23

It seems that unseating the battery (u can then reseat it) prevents bluetooth activity which drains battery. Also 6 crucibles is about 35 or so draws which gets u to one light. I would say that is very good given my experience with 4 mv1s. It will go along time on one light and flashing one light. I have got a max of about 63 draws to complete depletion. I switch batteries at one light but I got 4 batteries. I would hope that the battery is well protected and won't allow u to go below a threshold which shortens battery life but I always change at one light.
Yes, if you pull the battery it goes into shipping mode. Just pull it a bit, slide it back in, then store in shipping mode until next use. You will have to hold the button down for...what is it...three seconds or something to get out of shipping mode, then three clicks to turn on in vape mode. Yes, otherwise the Bluetooth radio will stay on and trickle deplete your battery.

martinstraka8282

Yes, if you pull the battery it goes into shipping mode. Just pull it a bit, slide it back in, then store in shipping mode until next use. You will have to hold the button down for...what is it...three seconds or something to get out of shipping mode, then three clicks to turn on in vape mode. Yes, otherwise the Bluetooth radio will stay on and trickle deplete your battery.
This seems like something they'll probably fix and offer an option via firmware update at some point.

Baron23

This seems like something they'll probably fix and offer an option via firmware update at some point.

How? If you turn the device's blutooth radio/receiver off via the app, you won't be able to turn it on again via the app....cause, its off and not listening.

It would need to be via some sort of control on the device itself, I believe.

martinstraka8282

How? If you turn the device's blutooth radio/receiver off via the app, you won't be able to turn it on again via the app....cause, its off and not listening.

It would need to be via some sort of control on the device itself, I believe.
Lol yes very true, obviously cant do it via the app. Sorry i meant as some sort of button combo on the actual device.

DJ!

Still don't have mine yet, UPS shipping delays grrrrrr... Everything I read pointed towards the Santa Cruz Shredder or the Space Case. I picked up the SCS because the grind is supposed to be slightly coarser.

DJ!

I was looking on utube for a video of someone using the app, nothing.

First question is it stable now? I remember reading about devices getting bricked.

Second do you think it's easier to switch between heat settings using the app or straight thru the device.

If anyone comes across a deal on spare batteries please let me know!

DJ!,

Chandler

@Baron23 howdy! @stickstones been away from the innovations in the vape world the past year. Glad to see Ghost MV1 is updating and improving their product.. Same old question. Are you in agreement with VapeCritic? Is the MV1 truly the one to rule them all? Has the mighty truly been dethroned, N I get it, conduction vs convection..(get both to stay covered) but overall potency and vapor quality?

9.Fingers

Health Conscious Guru
Hi Guys,

Im now 3 excellent weeks into owning the ghost.

Im thinking about buying a nice premium grinder so my material is more consistently ground.

What is the best choice for the ghosts needs?

Don't know about the for the ghost specifically, but the only grinder I will buy is Santa Cruz Shredder. I have owned mine for years and it keeps itself clean, plus you wont get metal shavings in your bud like you would with any other grinder minus possibly Space Case or Phoenician. I own an Air 2, Plenty, Crafty, Fury 2, and a couple other vapes and the Shredder has always done a good enough job for me. It doesn't grind your herb into a super fine powder or anything though, it remains relatively fluffy.

9.Fingers,
Top Bottom