Getting out the vote Hippie Dickie style

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Okay, so i work at home, right next to the telephone (two landlines), and since i am the only one who answers the phone (gf is here, but she was traumatized by the phone when she was a young lawyer, and never, ever, picks it up), i get to enjoy talking to 6 to 8 robocallers per day.

Now, they used to just piss me off royally. You know the ones ... credit card services (they WILL reduce your credit card payments), business capital (money will be on its way after filling out a simple one page application), etc. My general rule is i never give out any financial account info over the phone, so these exceedingly kind offers to better my financial life always (ALWAYS!!!) fall on deft ears.

Over the years (yes, YEARS!) i have tried being angry, being kind (after all, these are human peeples, too), and just hanging up. However, nothing works to get removed from the call list.

Then i had an idea ... this is my new tactic ... as soon as the recorded message ends, i hit "1" to go to the operator. They do their introduction and then i respond:

"Please vote Democrat in the November election!"

If i get the opportunity, i add:

"The Republican party is the American Taliban and they are trying to destroy America. Help bring back the middle class and you can get a decent job".

They usually hang up at this point, but if they want to chatter, i continue attempting to educate them about the current political situation and why it is so destructive and that it MUST be changed. We can do better as a country.

Please join me in my campaign to get out the vote in this off election year.

Thank-you for your help. (Vote Democrat!).

Top Bottom