• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

getting it back to a slab?

harmless healing

Hi there

Firstly thank you to all of this amazing community for the advice I have passively received just by scrolling threads. You really are an amazing bunch, with a wealth of knowledge to boot!

One area I feel hasn't been covered (if it has I have missed it and for that I apologise) is how to get shatter consistency concentrates, that have clumped into a hard ball, back to a thinner, more workable slab?

I ask this as i have only recently gained access to any type of concentrate (which is just an amazing feeling living where I live!) and obviously due to the scarceness of it, I don't want to waste any. Needless to say this has been happening, due to the awkward shape of the 'clump' every time i snap a dab off little shards go flying!

I know there is probably a simple solution, someone help out this dab newb and finally welcome me to this phenomenal community I have remained silent in for too long:)

Namaste

DabComa

Stuck in Dab Coma
Or you can heat up your dabber with a torch for a few seconds, and it'll cut through the hardest oil, well, like a knife through "budder" ... Lol no pun intended

harmless healing

Appreciate the help guys. Have been doin exactly as you suggested dabcoma, however my dabs always turn out too big. I guess ill get the tech down with time.

As for a heat press method, would be scared incase I got it too hot and ended up vaping oil into the air.

Any other suggestions welcome!

Namaste

harmless healing,
Reactions: 2clicker

twentypast4

#nycdabber
Hard surface + cylindrical object, my dab tool works for this purpose - then just put it between a folded over parchment paper and "steamroller" it with equal pressure and it will become larger in area but thinner/easier to work with.

Sorry if this is confusing, a few dabs may have done it to me...

harmless healing

Will try the baking paper clothing iron method, cheers mister g.

I would usually just roll it out twentypast4 but this particular batch Is like glass and is literally shattering all over the place when I try roll.

Cheers

Namaste

harmless healing,
Reactions: NorVape

ean

I put on rubber gloves, and just work it like putty. It eventually softens up, and you can flatten it into a slab.

ean,

harmless healing

I put on rubber gloves, and just work it like putty. It eventually softens up, and you can flatten it into a slab.

Going to try this tonight, however I don think ill give up after an hour or so having not gotten very far. Have tried sitting it on a radiator to soften. Just goes like partially set toffee outside and still solid inside. Hmmmm....

harmless healing,

Bouldorado

Going to try this tonight, however I don think ill give up after an hour or so having not gotten very far. Have tried sitting it on a radiator to soften. Just goes like partially set toffee outside and still solid inside. Hmmmm....

coffee warmer plate works great for this. hold it on there for like 2 seconds/side and then roll it out with something smooth (I usually use a drinking glass)

Bouldorado,

2clicker

Observer
get yourself that Oil Slick Duo set. its two small pads... 3 x 5" or close to that. then sandwich the ball o errl between the two OSPs and place them on something warm enough. you can even press down spreading it out faster. after you have it to the thickness you want just remove the sandwich and let it cool. really fast and really easy.

2clicker,

harmless healing

get yourself that Oil Slick Duo set. its two small pads... 3 x 5" or close to that. then sandwich the ball o errl between the two OSPs and place them on something warm enough. you can even press down spreading it out faster. after you have it to the thickness you want just remove the sandwich and let it cool. really fast and really easy.

"something warm enough" any suggestions? this is what I'm worried about, overheating and ruining the product.

I like this idea though, have couple slick pads already!

Cheers

Namaste

harmless healing,
Reactions: 2clicker

herbivore21

Put an oil slick pad into a pre-heated convection oven at 80 centigrade for 5 minutes or so, after this the oil slick mat should be quite warm to the touch but perfectly comfortable to touch with your bare hands for as long as you like. If it is too hot to touch with your hands, the mat is too hot.

When you remove it, place the ball of shatter on top of the oil slick. Fold the top of the oil slick over the shatter and press firmly and evenly until the ball squashes down.

If it does not go back to being solid shatter again, you heated too much.

2clicker

Observer
"something warm enough" any suggestions? this is what I'm worried about, overheating and ruining the product.

I like this idea though, have couple slick pads already!

Cheers

Namaste

i use a portable hot plate and set it around 80-90F. you def dont want to over heat it. is it really hard or do you think pressing it between OSPs by hand would work?

2clicker,

harmless healing

i use a portable hot plate and set it around 80-90F. you def dont want to over heat it. is it really hard or do you think pressing it between OSPs by hand would work?

Went for the oven tech and hit the slick pad with some heat before pressing. Worked a treat, cheers

Would usually just press it between the cold sheets but this literally has the consistency of a jolly rancher..not that I'm complaining

Namaste

Grim Chiclets

If you've got one of those little oil slick containers, (those 2-3g thingies) you could turn on a clothes iron to med/lowish heat and use it like a little hot plate. Once the oil melts, just put it in the freezer :tup:

Grim Chiclets,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I get the same melting effect with a lot less heat.

I just let my slick container sit on top the cable box, it helps melt it in a bit without worry of overheating on an overpowered heating element. See if it helps yours, I imagine we are all in different environments and might not have the same success.

Top Bottom