Get your 'Social' on! [Petitions]

DanAndroid

Of no particular interest
This is rather off-topic from what is usually discussed in this forum but I have a feeling that it may become very on-topic for the people who frequent this forum.

Naming names, if you like this idea, thank Pakalolo as he is the one who thought such a thread might have merit when I asked. If you don't like the idea, I coerced Pakalolo into agreeing so, it's not his fault.

What this is is a thread that people can use to link to online petitions that one may feel particularly strong about.

A link and/or introduction as to why a given petition might be of particular importance and/or relevance would be good although in some cases, the intent and contents of the petition itself says it all and need not be expounded upon.

And, although replies aren't really expected, they aren't discouraged either as others could add their stories of relevancy and importance or, discuss possible controversies.

Anyhoo, we'll see how it goes.

And, to start it out, I offer up :
Stop child trafficking in the U.S. (Covenant House)
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/300/443/551/?z00m=20714937

I've no real story to go with my posting this other than to say that although one can never realize a perfect world, third world problems existing in first world countries is about as far from perfect as one can get and one has to start somewhere.

Top Bottom