Get another Solo, or something else for around the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crumpet

We currently use an Arizer Solo with a showerhead water tool (and the power adapter). We love how efficient it is and how easy it is to use, and it follows us from the computer area to the living room to the bedroom every day. Unfortunately, we can't always be in the same room together when both of us want the Solo at the same time.

At first, I thought we'd just buy another Solo and water tool. But then I started to wonder, is there something out there that could work better for us?

Here's what we're looking for:

- simple to use - I don't want something I have to be constantly fiddling with.
- I have no preference re: desktop vs portable. if it's a desktop unit, it should be something that can be put on the table we have against the back of our couch and be used with minimal interaction, aside from something like occasional temperature adjustment (we don't have room for a coffee table to set it on in front of the couch).
- whip vs bag? I have no experience with either, however I imagine a whip would be more appropriate/easy for us to use with the above requirements. I am open to corrections on this, however!
- water. I don't have a huge problem with coughing, but my husband does - so we'd like something that supports using a water tool somehow.
- cost - this isn't really an issue, for the right unit. However if I'm going to be paying more than the cost of a new Solo setup, it really has to be worth it, and incredibly reliable.
- edit to add: currently we're only using dry product. If something you want to recommend does concentrates and whatnot as well, great - if not, no big deal.

Currently the Solo does fit all our needs, and I'm happy to buy another one if that really is what's best for us. However if there's something out there now (or coming soon) that does the job better, I'd really like to hear about it!

Last edited:
Crumpet,
Reactions: JCat

JCat

Accessory Maker
I was thinking the same thing @ludwig ... but they did mention "reliable" as a requirement and I have a good feeling about the EVO, but being that its not released yet, and the spotty reliability history with the Clouds, I'm not confident in saying that the EVO will be reliable; that being said, if its not I'm sure VXL will fix it and make it right but I would want Crumpet to be going in fully aware.

@Crumpet ... that being said ... I agree with Ludwig in that the EVO is probably the right option based on your needs (a much heavier hitter than the Solo, but comfortable for your requirements and has the ability to deliver much more vapor much quicker)

JCat,
Reactions: Crumpet

chimpybits

A log (E-Nano, Underdog) might also be a good fit. Similar to the Solo with the power adapter I suppose, but aesthetically more pleasing, perhaps a bit more solid a performer, offering more stem options... I don't really know as I'm waiting on trying one. And that one will be my HI log.

Certainly much more proven tech than VXL and cheaper, though I don't doubt that the EVO will be a heavier hitter.

way2

I suggest taking a look at the upcoming herbalizer...It's getting great early reviews from testers here. If price is not a problem it seems like it would fit your needs well. :2c:

way2,

wilvape

I'd did buy another solo , I checked all the portables out and did buy another solo, hey it suits your needs, everything matches, stems, water tools, screens, chargers and any power adapters, no brainer imo.

Will

wilvape,

natural farmer

I would suggest getting a Lotus. It doesn't get a whip but it cools the vapor very nice and it comes with a WA too. If t was a car, it would be a Lotus Elise or something similar. Pure racer. You choose how you want it to behave with the use of a torch lighter and it just conforms with your wishes. Ultra heavy hitter or a movie sipper? You choose!

natural farmer,

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
How about a Life Saber from 7th Floor. Its a proven performer and a heavy hitter that should match very nicely with your water tool

I second the LSV. You can get it delivered from 7th floor for 185$. It is a water tool beast, extremely easy to master, has only one adjustment(a temp knob) and incredibly reliable(i have never heard of a faulty LSV).

Also, a log vape like the enano or UD would fit the bill nicely. I would recommend the HI, but there is a year wait on that one and that's a bitch.

deadheadbill,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom