• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Geocaching for those who like to vape in the great outdoors

Muggles

My intention is to vape on wilderness excursions, and only then. I wonder if it would be feasible to place some vacuum-sealed herb, along with a Vapor Genie, in a watertight container, and hide the container somewhere in the remote outdoors. I could then use GPS geocaching to locate the spot every time I set out in the area. (The wind would be no obstacle to using a lighter with the VG, as I'd be vaping in a tent.)

Obviously this idea would be best suited to a joint-smoker, since he'd only need to hide the herb, and could simply carry rolling papers with him. But as I refuse to smoke, the VG would appear to be my best bet.

The idea of vaping in near-impenetrable solitude while totally eliminating any chance of being caught with either herb or paraphernalia in my home or vehicle is very attractive to me.

How long would the herb keep? Would the VG be able to withstand the temperature extremes? (The area I'm thinking of is high in snowy mountains, so we're talking extreme cold, especially at this time of year.) Does freezing affect potency?

Muggles,

graywulf

If it's sealed well enough, and out of sunlight, it should retain potency fairly well . It will get dry, though. Not necessarily a problem for vaping. I would probably think 2 months is as long as you could go without noticing a decrease in potency.

graywulf,

MK

I'm not sure about this, but wouldn't the extreme cold temperatures do something to preserve it? Do ya think 2 months is all ya could get out of it?

MK,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
My understanding is that oxygen plays a contributing factor to the denegration of herb. If that is true, then you might try to break your stash into more than one vaccuum-sealed (seal-a-meal) pouch if you are talking more than one excursion afield. Couldn't hurt.

macbill,

StickyShisha2

macbill said:
My understanding is that oxygen plays a contributing factor to the denegration of herb.
what about nitrogen flushing the package? That is how we package grain for storage.

StickyShisha2,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
StickyShisha said:
what about nitrogen flushing the package? That is how we package grain for storage.
Yes, its my understanding, inert gases help retard deterioration. Can a person just go buy a can of nitrogen? I flunked chemistry: is it heavier than oxygen? Would one fill downwards (heavier than air) or upwards (lighter than air)?

macbill,

bluegrass58

Hey Muggles, I have tried my hand at Geocaching a time or two, better not post those coordinates here!!

bluegrass58,

Qbit

cannabanana
I once stashed an ounce under a shed for a year while I went overseas.

I just wrapped the ziplock bag it came in inside plastic shopping bags. I'd put it inside one, empty the rest of the air out, give it a twirl and pass the top of the bag back over the weed, so each bag would cover it several times. Then I shoved it right underneath the (weatherboard) shed out of view, then recovered it when I returned. It worked more than fine for me. :cool:

Qbit,
Top Bottom