Genetic tree for all basic cannabinoids

Tranquility

In England, there is a company that is producing a medical product based on cannabis. As part of the research to even know how to dose for conditions, there was a lot of basic research. I almost wish I would have taken biology rather than physics in my schooling.

http://www.gwpharm.com/cultivation.aspx

chemovars[0].jpg

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
What's your question, @OldNewbie?

As a former ivy-league geneticist, I'm appalled by the state of cannabis genetics. It's almost as if it was all done by stoners or something.
yl19bhG.jpg

OG to me is "OCEAN GROWN".

We made hybrid's in HAWAII during the 70's.
Maybe not as educated as you!

Surfer's lived very well.

We grew outdoors and pulled the males.
Nature is better than the LAB.
Our tree's were 12' with COLAS 4' tall!
Maui Wowie x PURPLE from HUMBOLDT, CA (AFGHANISTAN originally)

Did you teach at OXFORD or CAMBRIDGE?
@Accept where are you located? (I'm in CALIFORNIA)

Last edited:

Deleted Member 1643

@ataxian, I am indebted to you, sir.

Actually did teach genetics, briefly, stateside. Loves me some classical genetics.

It's no different than tomatoes. If you want a small, yellow one that ripens early and puckers your lips - fine, eight generations, tops.

Show me your plan for an auto-flowering, outdoor, purple strain with stony effects. I'm waiting.

Totally teasing - my fantasy retirement project. Ya gotta admit, there's a lot to sort out.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@ataxian, I am indebted to you, sir.

Actually did teach genetics, briefly, stateside. Loves me some classical genetics.

It's no different than tomatoes. If you want a small, yellow one that ripens early and puckers your lips - fine, eight generations, tops.

Show me your plan for an auto-flowering, outdoor, purple strain with stony effects. I'm waiting.

Totally teasing - my fantasy retirement project. Ya gotta admit, there's a lot to sort out.
I kid!

However I grew large crops outdoors.

Work was kind of goofy!

Surfing was a past time of soul!

CANNABIS made you smart!

There are growers very skilled today.
They don't surf? (so sad)

Respect = CIVILIZED

auto-flowering?

I prefer large COLAS.

Last edited:

Deleted Member 1643

So relieved - embarrassed over flippant post. Once our favorite traits are mapped out, mixing and matching will become sport - mark my words.

Don't see anything wrong with auto-flowering. If you're not familiar, it's a good example. Cannabis ruderalis is native to central Russia. If it waited until September 22 equinox to start flowering, it would be frozen long before it produced a viable seed. So, it starts flowering as soon as it can. Doesn't get you high, though. Genetics to the rescue - isolate that desirable trait and insert into whatever genetic background you like. No need to fuss with light cycles indoors, produce multiple crops per season outdoors. Not bigger colas, more colas. (Sure could go for a 4' tall cola right now! :spliff:)

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
So relieved - embarrassed over flippant post. Once our favorite traits are mapped out, mixing and matching will become sport - mark my words.

Don't see anything wrong with auto-flowering. If you're not familiar, it's a good example. Cannabis ruderalis is native to central Russia. If it waited until September 22 equinox to start flowering, it would be frozen long before it produced a viable seed. So, it starts flowering as soon as it can. Doesn't get you high, though. Genetics to the rescue - isolate that desirable trait and insert into whatever genetic background you like. No need to fuss with light cycles indoors, produce multiple crops per season outdoors. Not bigger colas, more colas. (Sure could go for a 4' tall cola right now! :spliff:)
The LAW allows 8 OZ's only?
one plant one pound.

SUPER CROPPING is the CIVILIZED way to grow.
HUMBOLDT, CA south latitude with the right soil, wind & rain.
If four pounds doesn't serve you for the year?
HYDROPONICS if the LAW is a problem or you're too far North to grow with NATURE.

Reinventing the wheel is not challenging?

There are plenty of seeds to choose from!

EGO = POCKET (put it there)

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

Ruderalis is great to make rope.

If you want to hide your crop just super crop and let the grass grow tall. The COLAS get the light. The lower nuggets keep the mud off your feet. It's NATURE not ROCKET SCIENCE.

Have your opinion.

I have mine.

Large long HUGE COLAS are better than little nugs.
That just my observation.
I could be wrong?

However I'm CIVILIZED (so I think)?

I believe CANNABIS should be FREE.
Marketing people have poisoned a perfectly safe plant?
Laws are outdated?

We are UNCIVILIZED!

AUTOFLOWER to me is against NATURE?

Deleted Member 1643

eFw99Ic.jpg

Lil' Lady (Afghan Kush Ryder) at five weeks. Estimate gram per watt (24 hours) in eleven weeks. Could do better - yellowing/spotting due to initial pH error and heat/light stress. (Pound per plant is a realistic goal from autoflowering cannabis.)

It's no different than tomatoes that ripen off the vine or bright, orange carrots. Just a trait that's desirable in certain applications. In practice, need to get them as big as possible before they automatically flower. An interesting challenge.

Despite being such an important cash crop, prohibition (and possibly being stoned) has slowed basic, selective breeding for cannabis. Following link above, impression is that some is already known but more is to be learned about manipulating ratios of cannabinoids. Can't be a bad thing.

Large long HUGE COLAS are better than little nugs.

Truer words have never been spoken, but a tight, sticky nug is better than nothing. (Don't know whether to get high(er) or masturbate.)

Last edited:
Deleted Member 1643,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
eFw99Ic.jpg

Lil' Lady (Afghan Kush Ryder) at five weeks. Estimate gram per watt (24 hours) in eleven weeks. Could do better - yellowing/spotting due to initial pH error and heat/light stress. (Pound per plant is a realistic goal from autoflowering cannabis.)

It's no different than tomatoes that ripen off the vine or bright, orange carrots. Just a trait that's desirable in certain applications. In practice, need to get them as big as possible before they automatically flower. An interesting challenge.

Despite being such an important cash crop, prohibition (and possibly being stoned) has slowed basic, selective breeding for cannabis. Following link above, impression is that some is already known but more is to be learned about manipulating ratios of cannabinoids. Can't be a bad thing.

Truer words have never been spoken, but a tight, sticky nug is better than nothing. (Don't know whether to get high(er) or masturbate.)
Whatever floats your raft!

I like OUTDOOR 4 foot COLAS.

It's just the way I was exposed!

Look's good!

Have fun, enjoy!

In the old day's I was a DICK!

What you use today I'll have to verified!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Indeed! These are our beloved roommates. Give them a good life and they get us high year-round.
@Accept very cool (it that word still groovy)?

Maybe I'm out of touch?

CIVILIZED is a word I'm obsessed with?

However I'm very UNCIVILIZED

Pretty GROOVY to grow your own!

You're more CIVILIZED than I!

The COLAS I buy are only 4 INCHES long. (really small).
I have to grow my own if I want 4 FOOTERS.

To grow your own is pretty COOL.

Forgive my ignorance?

ataxian,
Top Bottom