1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Generic Pipe Screen for Vape?

Discussion in 'Ask FC' started by bonfire302, Jun 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. bonfire302

bonfire302 New Member

Hello FC! Lurked around for a while and unfortunately there's no dedicated thread to the vape I have nor did my searching come up with a more generic answer, but I figured the question was broad enough it could apply to any vape that needs a screen really.

I didn't do my studying when I first got a vape and ended up with the Utillian 420, re-branded china vape from Canada but it does its job without combustion so that's about all I can really ask for, but I've run out of pipe screens, and whenever I look up pipe screens I can buy them by the hundred for like 6 bucks, or I could spend 25 bucks for 5 little screens specifically for my vape. Is there anyway to gauge what kind of screens I could get in its place? Would I have to play it safe and get a screen that I think will fit and just do trial and error purchases or should I buy larger ones and would there be a way to whittle or cut them down to fit?

Here's a picture of where the screen goes next to a penny, maybe it'll help with measurements.

[​IMG]

I've asked the staff of Utillian multiple times through emails for help but they've provided me none, so I go to you!
    The most common pipe screen sizes I see off of amazon are 3/4th and 5/8ths, would either of these do me good?

Thank you again for your time and help!

seaofgreens likes this.
  2. seaofgreens

seaofgreens My Mind Is Free

RUDE BOY and bonfire302 like this.
  3. Abysmal Vapor

Abysmal Vapor Shaman of The Pyramid of Orlin'Malah

I suggest searching for the same size but stainless instead of brass.
    Alternatively you can cut your own off with a nail scissors from any larger pipe screen.[​IMG]

howie105, bonfire302 and Phenix like this.
  4. subway13029

subway13029 Well-Known Member

Picture of your vape? I’m sure it goes by another name so we can probably point you to the correct thread.. I’m thinking with that map maybe a Xmax ?

5. VAPEHUNTER

VAPEHUNTER Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  6. Jill NYC

Jill NYC Portable Collector

From the pictures, it looks a little like a Flowermate mouthpiece screen
    Here is a picture of the FM screen in the mouthpiece holder and also alone.
    [​IMG]

If this looks like the right size to you, you can find it here (and I’m sure several other places - just make sure you get the mouthpiece size screens. The oven screens would definitely be too big):
    https://www.puffitup.com/Flowermate-Mouthpiece-Screens-p/fm.105_screen.htm
    They are very durable screens and can be cleaned with a swipe of ISO.

Squiby likes this.
  7. bonfire302

bonfire302 New Member

finally reporting back a couple minutes after my package arrived, they were a little small so they nearly dont fit but hey it works! thank you FC for the help, 1/4th inch screens worked!

Jill NYC and RUDE BOY like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors