General Log Style Vape Questions

caseball2051

I know this style of vape is designed to able to be on all the time. Is this neccesary? Am i harming my unit by leaving it on for a couple of hours at a time?

I am at college and do not want to use this in my dorm. I bring it to my house and use it there when i go home, and to my friends off campus apartment every once in a while.

caseball2051,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
It is meant to be left on 24/7.... but you don't have to do this, you can unplug it, just you will run into the long warm up time every time you want to use it, as opposed just leaving it plugged in so it is ready to go whenever you are.

DevoTheStrange,

lwien

Log style vapes. For some odd reason, that nomenclature just doesn't do my PD justice. Don't know why though. Just kinda makes me cringe.

Anyways, I can't speak for the others, but the PD is designed to stay on 24/7. I've had mine on 24/7 for over a year now. The only changes since it was new is that the wood has darkened to a beautiful shade of brown, and the vape itself is running warmer.

lwien,

obelisk

Idiot (no relation to the Savants)
you won't have any issues with it not on 24/7 (unless you really get annoyed by the 30 minute warm up time and kick the thing into next week :D ) don't worry

obelisk,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Also, the vapes perform better after they have been "Broken In" . . . this is easier to achieve if it is left on 24/7 for a few months. By broken in I mean the wood will dry completely and will run a bit warmer than when you first bought it.

DevoTheStrange,

caseball2051

Yeah i know it has a break in period, i just wanted to make sure i wasnt doing any harm to it.

lwien - i can understand that feeling, its just easier. :/

caseball2051,

lwien

obelisk said:
you won't have any issues with it not on 24/7 (unless you really get annoyed by the 30 minute warm up time and kick the thing into next week :D ) don't worry
I don't know, obelisk. It may. The thing that really puts wear and tear on electronic components is going from cold to hot to cold to hot. I believe that temp variances are tougher on these things than when they are constantly on and holding a constant temp.

lwien,

Qbit

cannabanana
lwien said:
Log style vapes. For some odd reason, that nomenclature just doesn't do my PD justice. Don't know why though. Just kinda makes me cringe.
Hehe it made me laugh. And I got some random mental imagery:

44243_1255269503535_full.jpg

"Captain's log: Stardate three seven six eight point ... uuuh what was I talking about again?"

Qbit,
I just called 'em that, because I don't know a catch-all term for this style vaporizer. I also watched a lot of Ren and Stimpy growing up.
Edited to add- You can't tell me that it is not at least a little bit descriptive of this style, can you? lol...

SkeletonLips,

Qbit

cannabanana
SkeletonLips said:
I just called 'em that, because I don't know a catch-all term for this style vaporizer. I also watched a lot of Ren and Stimpy growing up.
Edited to add- You can't tell me that it is not at least a little bit descriptive of this style, can you? lol...
Well yeah they kind of are 'logs' but you know, it also sort of sounds like another kind of captain's log:

kirk.jpg

And I don't want to be sucking any vapours off that.

Qbit,
Lol....You fuckers make me smile, thanks, and you can call 'em anything you want, I will continue to call them log style. Unless someone comes up with an absolutely brilliant term, I'll go by my slightly scatological name...lol.....You ain't right Qbit....

SkeletonLips,
Top Bottom