Gear Gear Review --- $100 Quartz/Ti DHgate Enail

VisiblyVaped

Well gentlemen, I did get a nice little enail, but it seems I'm having trouble either with the nail or with my technique.

I ordered an enail kit(103 shipped in 3 days from US Ebay seller for VapeCode - 1 year warranty), 20mm coil (can be changed but still gets it hot enough everywhere. I have a nice little rig, 18mm male joint which shouldn't be a problem......but it is. I can get it to fit airtight and snug with one of the o-rings I had lying around but even then, the hits are lackluster. I'm getting much bigger rips with my greenlight henail or the glass nail and dome that came with the rig. I've tried dabbing base, tried dabbing sides, tried turning it over to get the carb cap on it faster or slower.....still very blah.
Any suggestions? Besides buy a new nail or rig because I can't afford to yet.

Also, I have no frickin clue if this thing reads C or F?

VisiblyVaped,

shredder

Well gentlemen, I did get a nice little enail, but it seems I'm having trouble either with the nail or with my technique.

I ordered an enail kit(103 shipped in 3 days from US Ebay seller for VapeCode - 1 year warranty), 20mm coil (can be changed but still gets it hot enough everywhere. I have a nice little rig, 18mm male joint which shouldn't be a problem......but it is. I can get it to fit airtight and snug with one of the o-rings I had lying around but even then, the hits are lackluster. I'm getting much bigger rips with my greenlight henail or the glass nail and dome that came with the rig. I've tried dabbing base, tried dabbing sides, tried turning it over to get the carb cap on it faster or slower.....still very blah.
Any suggestions? Besides buy a new nail or rig because I can't afford to yet.

Also, I have no frickin clue if this thing reads C or F?

Can you manually check the dish temps? For whatever reason it doesn't sound like its heating up right. What type of dish? Does the heater coil fit ? Is the concentrate vaporized? Lots of left overs?

VisiblyVaped

Can you manually check the dish temps? For whatever reason it doesn't sound like its heating up right. What type of dish? Does the heater coil fit ? Is the concentrate vaporized? Lots of left overs?

Granted, I'm new to concentrates in general really (harder to get before I had my medical card), and have only had gotten even henails myself just a few weeks ago......but I still chalk this up to common sense -
I was under the impression, because of some glance at the manual, that it was in Celcius. I was running it way too low. Just threw it on 660, then down to 642, and I'm going to try 610 shortly. Now.......this motherf!#*=r is wonderful:science:

VisiblyVaped

Spoke too soon. The "universal" nail is not fitting anything 14mm airtight, m or f, after the joint cracked on my 18mm male joint with my favorite rig. That was not the fault of the unit but still, I'm having plenty of trouble recreating the experience I had during the previous post

VisiblyVaped,

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
Has anyone tried interchanging D-Nail Slim parts with those of the china nail? I believe the solutions to the problem @VisiblyVaped is having could be the dedicated 14mm F and 14mm M/10mm F D-Nail Slim fittings. In my experience, reduced all-in-one 18>14 is no bueno on 14 mil. (Liger 3.0 has the only good dual purpose 18>14 male I've used thus far, but those fittings aren't interchangable from male to female just by unscrewing them and flipping em upside down)

Marihuana,

Halfqq

Formerly Highland7
So you can definitely put dnail SiC halo on this nail?

And it will work with a flat coil?

Annnnnd lol ..: is the product still available? I see many cheap ones on dhgate but the link on the first page no longer works

Last edited:
Halfqq,

VisiblyVaped

Has anyone tried interchanging D-Nail Slim parts with those of the china nail? I believe the solutions to the problem @VisiblyVaped is having could be the dedicated 14mm F and 14mm M/10mm F D-Nail Slim fittings. In my experience, reduced all-in-one 18>14 is no bueno on 14 mil. (Liger 3.0 has the only good dual purpose 18>14 male I've used thus far, but those fittings aren't interchangable from male to female just by unscrewing them and flipping em upside down)

I ordered a new size specific nail from dh gate, and just because, ordered a 14 to 18mm adapter (it was 2 bucks, worth a shot).
I'm convinced the problem is definitely the 14mm joint compared to the 18. I'll fiddle with it more tomorrow but may just end up using the handheld g9 enail or a simple glass nail with torch until things arrive. It's a damn shame though... I just want to happily dab away on the enail

Edit: I'm searching ebay now - if anybody has any cheap suggestions that would arrive fast and fit properly on a 14mm male or into a 14mm female joint......PLEASE send them my way. I'm going to check out a local shop this weekend but they're usually a bit pricey

Last edited:
VisiblyVaped,

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I got a similar rig to @VisiblyVaped that I've been talking about with people over in this thread:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/cheap-chinese-e-nail-thread.21236/page-5

I have the same problem with the nail not being airtight in my glass. Covering the top hole on the nail a lot of air will still come in through the bad fit in the joint area. @VisiblyVaped I followed some advice I saw on this site and bought an adapter/extender to sit in between the nail and my glass to help protect it:
AD-102-1112--0_compact.jpg

The only downside is my nail is a bit high up now and I can't see into the dish.

I also got the tag sic dish to put on it. Overall I really like it, I'm getting mixed results though. I need to heat the coil to 800 to get my dish to 600, also only half of it seems to get up to temp and the rest is closer to 350. I'm still messing with it though, I think I need to tighten up the nut on top to get the coil more snug to the dish. Also I'm using a temp gun so I'm not sure how accurate it ends up being.

Even with my problems though this thing is kicking my ass and I'm having a lot of fun messing with it.

StormyPinkness,
Top Bottom