1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

***Gamers*** What are you playing?

Discussion in 'The Vapor Lounge' started by getvaked, Aug 29, 2010.

1. StormyPinkness

StormyPinkness Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Bethesda did kind of shoehorn vr into Fallout, Doom, and Skyrim so I'm not surprised they have issues. I'd probably still buy them off a crazy steam sale to try if my computer could play them...

House of the Dying sun has a cool mechanic where you can switch between the tactical map and a fighter. You just kind of zoom out and tell the other ships in your fleet what to do then pick a fighter (fighters only *I think*) to jump into and then your back in the battle. This gif kind of shows it off:
    [​IMG]

I'm going to check out Elite Dangerous, vr is great for driving/flying. I Expect You To Die looks like a lot of fun, funny too. I'm definitely getting that and Rick & Morty. LA Noir looks good and also unintentionally hilarious. I watched some gameplay on youtube and it looks fun to play and fun to just completely screw around.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    deadheadbill likes this.
  2. deadheadbill

deadheadbill I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...

Oh and Thumper. How could I forget about Thumper. It's a great game made better by VR

StormyPinkness likes this.
  3. bleak

bleak Well-Known Member

Have been playing through the Bioshock series, love all 3 games. Dripping with style and atmosphere.

StormyPinkness likes this.
  4. 2 Cycle

2 Cycle Well-Known Member

Is elite dangerous vr capable? Genuinely interested, I have the game on order with flight stick

5. muunch

muunch hotboxing the cockpit

If you aren't playing Polyball, you fucked up badly. I got it for like $13 last week and spent probably 10hrs on the "storyline" alone, now I'm just fucking around having fun... Very good, challenging game.

Also still reeling from Nier:Automata, which I got ending E almost a month ago now... probably best storyline in a game I've ever played. Really great and just fucking heartshattering. I love deep, philosophical stories and this hit all the right buttons. Can't say enough good things about it. Like 88% on quests now, definitely going to 100% this one.

6. StormyPinkness

StormyPinkness Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Finally got a chance to play Fortnite Battle Royale, tons of fun. I thought the crafting was gimmicky and still feel like it is, but it's also a lot of fun. I picked up an orange item that looked like a bush and I had no idea what it does. We were building what turned out to be a really shitty fort near the center when another team came at us. We were getting slaughtered so I said fuck and used the item. Turned me into a bush, nobody saw me, almost won the round. My team hadn't seen the item either so luckily they weren't mad I stood there and watched them die, they just started spectating me and laughing when the realized I was the bush.

@deadheadbill just recommended that, he might be able to tell you.

I'm super interested in it and have no idea why I've never thought to get a flight stick. That would make vr (or any) flying games so much more fun...

7. deadheadbill

deadheadbill I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...

Think you quoted the wrong guy. :)

Absolutely, it is one of the best VR games out right now. I need to dig my old flight stick out of the closet though because while it is playable with a gamepad a HOTAS is ideal.

bleak and StormyPinkness like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors