1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

***Gamers*** What are you playing?

Discussion in 'The Vapor Lounge' started by getvaked, Aug 29, 2010.

1. HellsWindStaff

HellsWindStaff Dharma Initiate

I got to the capital city in TW! Only 35 hours hahaha

deadheadbill and rodders83 like this.
  2. mscm888

mscm888 Well-Known Member

Loving Zelda Breath of the Wild. The open world in it is perfect for a morning wake and bake and then spending hours exploring. Such a great game so far.

3. rodders83

rodders83 Contemplator of dual Mighty's

Rising Storm Vietnam for £9.99 on HOTUKDEALS suck on it!!!!! Unlocks in one hour as well. Get some!

It feels and looks good super realistic but the performance aint great on Unreal 3 so look into this if you think BF/COD are to whimpy.

4. HellsWindStaff

HellsWindStaff Dharma Initiate

The Witcher expansions are on sale, I'm gonna buy them it's been long time since I played a game this long i want to prove to myself I can complete it :lol:

My Gwent game is strong, it's annoying not knowing what cards you need so I play everyone in town when I first get there. I spent solid hour + in Novigrad simply accepting quests and playing Gwent

5. deadheadbill

deadheadbill I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...

Both expansions are great. The blood and Wine expansion is better than most full games released last year.

6. bussinrounds

bussinrounds Well-Known Member

I love the more realistic & tactical ones when it comes to military shooters. Games like the old Rainbow 6: Rogue Spear/Raven Shield, Ghost Recon 1 and it's expansions, SWAT 3 & 4, Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis/Resistance.. It's a shame the ones coming out in recent times seem to be all mp focused though.

There's a series I missed out on back in the day that I've been playing recently called Hidden & Dangerous and I must say it's pretty awesome. Feels like OFP in a WW2 setting. I understand it's a niche genre, but I can't believe how overlooked these games are, it's almost criminal. I mapped all the controls to a PS3 pad with xpadder.

Prolusio and rodders83 like this.
  7. KidFated.

KidFated. We Don't Even Live Here..

any diablo 3 players?

8. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

Ex-Diablo 3 player here. Really liked it though.

vapomancer and Prolusio like this.
  9. KidFated.

KidFated. We Don't Even Live Here..

late to the party, I have always heard good things about it and my girlfriend just insisted that I pick it up. really like it so far.

Prolusio likes this.
  10. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

I played it solo but I've heard that co-op is a lot better.

vapomancer likes this.
  11. goodpunk6

goodpunk6 Well-Known Member

I'm still loving Overwatch and Elite Dangerous.

vapomancer and Prolusio like this.
  12. deadheadbill

Just grabbed Sleeping Dogs definitive edition on the Sony sale for 8 bucks and it is sick. Don't know how I missed playing this one the first time around.

Also, the PS4 sale going on right now is phenomenal if you haven't seen it yet. Lowest prices ever for Horizon Zero Dawn, Prey, The Last Guardian, FF15 and more. Plus lots of sub 10 dollar older and remastered games.

13. deadheadbill

If you ahve never played it it is great. I'm past burned out on it but I have some friends that still get together every Friday night to play.

The original Diablo was the first multi-player game i played, Myself and a friend from 15 miles away would play using my 28.8 modem. His house is actually the one they get together at to play on Friday nights.

vapomancer likes this.
  14. 2 Cycle

2 Cycle Well-Known Member

Sleeping dogs is the shit! So much mayhem and the cops are very dumb you pretty much can do anything

15. blackbur

blackbur Well-Known Member

I play a lot of destiny on Xbox one

StormyPinkness and deadheadbill like this.
  16. rodders83

Yea i do not enjoy the ultra fast paced new games i tried Overwatch and Titanfall 2 but something is missing that only Vietnam seems to fill. I would of went with the new Rainbow six but the grainyness of the visuals really bother me when i have such choice.

It still seems to be popular but i went with For Honor instead, I limit myself to one Ubisoft game.

17. deadheadbill

Witcher 3 game of the year addition with all dlc is 24$ for one more day on Sony playstore. If for some unknown reason anybody still hasn't played it this is a steal.

I have over 150 hours on it on pc and may still pick this up just because couch gaming is the shit and I would still play through it again. It's that good.

Edit: PSplus required for this deal.

18. NinjaMindTriks

NinjaMindTriks Ninja Vapor Enthusiast

I just bought this deal. Never had played it. So fucking good so far! I am loving it!

19. cptchronic

cptchronic Well-Known Member

If anyone hasn't tried rainbow six siege yet, it's one of the best FPS games ever. It has a high learning curve for beginners but has surpassed any FPS I've ever played. Normally I switch up my games and play something new but this games amazing and has taken 99% of my game time. If anyone plays and wants to squad up hmu, play on xbox.

Vapor_Eyes, deadheadbill and Prolusio like this.
  20. deadheadbill

I used to play it on ps4 but the players can be very toxic and the spawn killing etc got to me. I'm not a bad fps player but there are definitely better ones out there and tbh the pressure made it unfun for me. This is coming from a guy who has played hundreds of hours of CS starting with 1.6.

Prolusio likes this.
  21. cptchronic

cptchronic Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree on some of those points, I won't play by myself because too many people are toxic. But with a squad of friends it can be incredibly fun. I would say that's the most important thing to enjoying rainbow unless your just crazy good. But even the good players get trolled too.

Also having someone who can explain all the ins and outs of the game will help tremendously as there is a lot of little tricks that can be abused. Watching the pro league videos can help a lot in showing strategies and techniques.

deadheadbill, Prolusio and Vapor_Eyes like this.
  22. 2 Cycle

2 Cycle Well-Known Member

Killing floor 2 is so crazy! What a great freebie that was

deadheadbill, Prolusio and Vapor_Eyes like this.
  23. rodders83

It is probably a good game it does look enjoyable but considering i am one of those master race guys who simply turns my nose up at the most tiny thing and really i just had to choose between it and For Honor and the fact you cant remove the grain on the pc version, It has a always on bloom and blur which just dick over the fact they have a hi-res texture pack DLC and i play at 4K so i want to see 4K not 4K blurred with grain.

When it comes to this i have to make a choice i cant play Rainbow Six Seige and L4D2, TF2, Titanfall2, Player unknowns BG, Overwatch, Rocket League, KillingFloor 2, Dota2! So you see i cant possibly find the time to play Seige over any of the above just because Seige has this stupid damm visuals.

Now if they updated it for the Xbox X like they did Titanfall 2? I might have to consider could i possibly drop one of the above games for it and that is a tough list to break into. You cant find the time possibly to play them all. Sometimes i have to consider even letting a modern version take over the older version like Killing Floor 2 over L4D2 opr Overwatch over TF2 because they are basically updated versions of the same genre.

Vapor_Eyes likes this.
  24. MyCollife

MyCollife Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about getting a gaming console.

I usually only play puzzle and indie adventure games. In the past I played strategy games. I'm trying to get out of the home office for non-work/chore related activities. Is it worthwhile to get a PS4 for indie games and games of these types? I'm thinking Machinarium, Don't Starve, etc. Maybe some of these would be best described as quirky puzzle, adventure, survival, exploration, etc. I'm not interested in first person shooters... The last sports game I played was probably Decathlon on the 2600.

I have a fairly large TV (65") so I thought I would be nice to play these on the large screen rather than a computer monitor (or iPad).

Anyone have thoughts on this? Do any of you play these types of games on the PS4? Do you have any favorites?

25. Diggy Smalls

Diggy Smalls Tom Cruises

My friends and family bought me a nintendo switch for my birthday. I do like it! I haven't had a console since...nintendo gamecube. Wow it's been a little while. Playing a lot of Binding of Isaac right now, cause I only have that and mario kart.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors