***Gamers*** What are you playing?

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
@HellsWindStaff Shit man, 10 or so hours in trying to get to the throne, I can't even get past Dog, or even get to him most times. Not sure how I could ever get to the end.

Lol dude I hear you, I died to big Dog today....a bit rusty :lol: I usually make it to 5-3 (Lil Hunter is a bitch!!) or 7-1/7-2

Here are my tips:

- Lasers and Crossbows are OP and the mutations for them are awesome
- melee and long arms is nice but not sustainable later IMO
- the "grunt" soldiers who shoot red billets and the birds, you can run on them without taking damage. That mutation that lets you touch enemy's for damage is keyed up as you'll kill them....you'll kill rats instantly running on them too.
- the Rabbit paw (more ammo and health) is almost essential as is the billet max upgrade. Also love rhino skin and bloodlust
- try to get the screwdriver to open golden car on 3-1 to go to YVs Mansion...there is a chest there with golden weapon (random) and if you beat that level wig golden weapon intact, you can start your run with it...makes it much easier to start with a crossbow or shotgun or whatever.

I had the orange box but I forgot my password for that account :/ no grizzled for me

PC gaming for life. Much more sustainable than console systems, I ran consoles for years but my dad was big PC gamer....in my old age I switched to the versatility of PC and in his old age he shifted to the couch and relax of the console!

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Well, I went and finally got a golden... grenade launcher. Hate it, but I can't switch back to regular pistol. Some bug? Won't let me switch anyways. Was pretty frustrating adjusting and still is frustrating some times. Been back three or four times to the treasure room without being able to finish, so can't replace it yet. Slowly getting used to the explosives, but don't like it.

My favorite combo so far is probably gamma guts with something like shotgun shoulders or laser brain. I can only really rock the crossbows with the homing mutation. I'm playing on the ps4 though, and it's a bit harder to do precision with the joysticks, so I tend to go for one area clearing weap and one more focused weapon or a melee.

I played some more this weekend, and can get to the level right past big dog about half the time now, but keep dying to the laser shooting crystals. Think this is the pattern, reaching/getting used to each new level, repeating and melding the game mechanics to your soul until you are one with the throne...

lol

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
At character select there is an up arrow you can change it back to pistol :)

I lucked out with a shotgun on Eyes.....very nice start, my furthest runs were with him and Steroids

When you get the Robot, he's really nice. You get better weapons earlier, so it can really help you out and get a run going good

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Sweet video dude, looking forward to future iterations. PC gaming and vaporizers for life!!

If you're taking requests for multiplayer, I'm always interested in some DOTA 2, but Overwatch and LoL are great too, my roommates always have league on though so I'd be more keen on DOTA or Overwatch. Even some other games, I'd most definitely watch you review any game and get high to it :)

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Overwatch was really great but it was destroying my computer, need to invest in an upgrade if I want to seriously play

I was all about that guy who could turn into a turret, or this chick who had shields and did more damage as her shields soaked up damage, was gnarly!

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I caved and bought over watch. Tinkered around with Nvidia too, think I had issues cause I have two graphics cards in laptop...an inte 4000 crap, and a Nvidia. It was running off the Intel :lol: managed to force it to Nvidia. Will see how it goes :)

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I've been playing mgsv, I guess it's a bit older. I love open world games and the stealth take on it is refreshing. The gameplay is super varied too. Lot's of options on gear, base/staff building and management, resources to gather/manage, gear/items to research and develop. Lot's of variations of guns, mines, grenades, decoys, gadgets. The companions are useful too, if you r&d your dog's suit he gets a knife or stun baton you can order him to take people down with. You can stop your horse in the road as a roadblock or order him to poop on the road and when a car drives by it spins out and stuns everyone inside. Lot's of weird humor in there. There are tons of sidequests and a big online part I haven't tried yet.

The only parts I'm not into are the story and how they handle one of the companions you can play with (the stripper sniper).

Pjake

It's all in the reflexes.
Still playing Overwatch. Getting close to level 100. If anyone wants to play, look me up on psn da_real_PJAKE

If anyone would like to watch some gameplay I go live on twitch at 11am est every weekday. My twitch name is Bipaulargamer

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
Playing a crap-ton of SMITE. As for Overwatch, I liked the beta but I'm not going to pay 60 bucks for it. To each his own, but to me it just wasn't worth it. I will pick it up sometime in the future. Also, I think if it was anybody other than Blizzard they would be taking more flack for blatantly ripping of TF2.

Psn id Deadheadbill if anybody wants to SMITE!!

2 Cycle

Got the Golf Club for $4.50 and really like it. Rough around the edges but not bad at all

2 Cycle,

Pjake

It's all in the reflexes.
Still Overwatch. Best game ever imo. Saying its bad cuz it ripped off team fortress is like saying the light bulb is bad cuz it ripped off the candle. Blizzard doesn't invent genres. They just iterate and improve on other ideas. WoW is like Everquest but more well received. They didn't invent RTS games, but Starcraft is the most played RTS on the competative circuit. Overwatch does have a lot of similarities to TF2, but it is, imo, a much deeper game because of its larger character roster and diverse ability sets. It's not a game for everyone though. It's pure competative. Clearly made with esports in mind. I love the live character switching. Makes for an incredibly interesting meta game for me. I highly suggest anyone who hasn't given it a chance to try it. You can check out some gameplay on my twitch. Bipaulargamer. Just cracked level 100 last night. E-nano and Overwatch. It's gonna be a great Saturday.

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
Still Overwatch. Best game ever imo. Saying its bad cuz it ripped off team fortress is like saying the light bulb is bad cuz it ripped off the candle. Blizzard doesn't invent genres. They just iterate and improve on other ideas. WoW is like Everquest but more well received. They didn't invent RTS games, but Starcraft is the most played RTS on the competative circuit. Overwatch does have a lot of similarities to TF2, but it is, imo, a much deeper game because of its larger character roster and diverse ability sets. It's not a game for everyone though. It's pure competative. Clearly made with esports in mind. I love the live character switching. Makes for an incredibly interesting meta game for me. I highly suggest anyone who hasn't given it a chance to try it. You can check out some gameplay on my twitch. Bipaulargamer. Just cracked level 100 last night. E-nano and Overwatch. It's gonna be a great Saturday.

Didn't say it was bad, just said it was derivative. ;)

deadheadbill,

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Just finishing up DOOM (way more fun than I thought it would be!) and then on to Overwatch. To those playing Nuclear Throne... Is that anything like The Binding of Isaac?

Pretty similar, faster paced though. The individual unique character abilities and one run til you die though are very Isaac. Get it, if you like Isaac I'm pretty confident you'll like it.

Blizzard gave me a refund on overwatch. Unplayable on my laptop gets it much too hot.

I liked it alot but I like TF2 more but that is simply because I felt like my random teammates rarely went for objective, which is just maddening. Tf2 players by and large seem to group up better but could just be because Iw is so new. When I get a new computer I'll definitely snag it.

That said, I don't think 60 is a fair price but it sells for 40 on PC and that's fair as fuck for what you get lol.

Edit: @Pjake IMO for it to be esport ready, they need to implement a one per character IMO. No double reaper double zarya double tracer teams lol

delloy

After seeing various demos and folks reactions and comments, I'm now really looking forward to trying out PSVR. I was, in the following weeks after preordering considering cancelling but am now definately in for the ride from what I have seen.

Some of the videos and demos at E3 looked great and people seemed to enjoy the experience. (yet to experience any vr myself yet) I have mine on preorder in the UK and have been guaranteed day one delivery so am now looking forward to an extended session on Oct 13th. Bring it on!! A 4 month wait is nothing if you like me have waited 15 months for a GH :lol:

Note to self: Make sure you have plenty of supplies its gonna be a long fun filled and maybe motion sickness fuelled day but lets hope not! :ko::leaf::sherlock:

Top Bottom