***Gamers*** What are you playing?

gaseous_clay

Do text-based computer games count? That's what I'm into (and what pissed me the hell off last night.)

Bowl Bound College Football... It has flaws, but is a hell of a lot of fun (especially for a game that is over 11 years old.)

I am playing with Michigan (Go Blue!) and just had a loss nearly as bad as the fumbled snap.

My QB's are:

Starter: 5th year Senior. (Not highly recruited, no arm, VERY athletic)
#2: Senior. (Highly recruited, big arm, streaky & throws picks, not athletic)
#3. RS Junior (Highly recruited, decent arm, ok athlete, never played well)

Team is 9-0, #1 in all polls. Playing at Michigan State. Starter just returned to the lineup from a minor knee injury. #2 had played 1.5 games in his place & played very well against a couple lesser teams.

Early in the game the starter went down with another minor knee injury. Without his legs he does nothing, so the backup comes in. He does nothing. The defense & a couple huge returns keep us in the game, but 3 picks by the backup (2 straight on his last 2 drives) left me turning to QB #3 with 30 seconds left and the ball at midfield, 24-24. Of course he throws a pick & the game goes to overtime. I start OT on offense. He promptly throws a pick that is returned for a touchdown.

Breathemetal

Far Cry Primal

Fucking stellar. Best FC yet imo.
Can't wait for what DLCs they have in store.
FC4's Blood Dragon DLC was insane. Hope they do something fun again like that.

Hunting is the best part...stalking around nature, taking in the gorgeous graphics....then spearing an innocent goat to death 100 times....ah, satisfaction.

Pjake

It's all in the reflexes.
Spent the day with The Division. Havin a good time with it. The movement is a tiny bit wonky but all the rpg systems in place really keep ya wanting to do one more mission.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
If anyone has Division on Uplay my name is paytonpenn on that as well.

Last edited:
paytonpenn,
Reactions: Pyr0

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
I was too busy last night and haven't had the chance to play The Division yet :(

My Uplay ID is "Pyr0.x64"

Pyr0,

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
How do you guys like The Division?

Been loving Nuclear Throne, got most all the characters, but still haven't reached the Throne.....got to 7-1 though! (7-3 is final level)

Thinking about grabbing Stardew Valley, it didn't look like my type of game initially but I've been watching some friends play it and it does look pretty enjoyable. Casual and relaxing, which is kind of what I'm looking for nowadays with games.....similar to Harvest Moon apparently but I have never played that either

HellsWindStaff,
Reactions: Winegums

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
The Division has been good to me so far. It has the feeling that all good OTS games I've played in the past have. I'm really enjoying the missions and the AI is very challenging to play against.

I'm having issues with unhooking from cover at the WORST times. Seems like the only time my character wants to leave cover is when there isn't a grenade at it's feet. ><

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
I finally managed to enjoy playing some of The Division for a few hours this weekend.
I've gotten to level 10 so far, taking my time clearing out a couple of the different areas.
Haven't even attempted venturing into the dark zone yet lol
I've also experienced the same problem as @Winegums a few times when grenades have landed nearby :rolleyes:

Pyr0,
Reactions: Winegums

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Got the Medal of Honer Pacific Assault free from Origin's "On the House" and playing that to break from Fallout 4. It just started playing better and more predictable on my old machine.
The Logitech 300 v.1 is worn. Bought My first serious Heavy duty FPS mouse. Latest version just became available from Newegg and a few other places.

Corsair Gaming M65 PRO RGB FPS Gaming Mouse, Backlit RGB LED, 12000 DPI, Optical Any thoughts? It's the 'PRO' version. 12000 DPI.

Anybody care about the Jim Sterling or find bad video games funny? Just wondering what the room temp was on game journalism.:peace:

CuckFumbustion,

Detonator

I just got a Thrustmaster T100 Force Feedback steering wheel.... Playing GT6 and all my racing games... Feels like a simulator now!

Detonator,
Reactions: grokit

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I've grown tired of the Division already. The inability to head shot enemies(one hit), poor aiming, and sticky cover system have driven me back to Battlefield 4. Honestly it's a rinse and repeat RPG that requires loads of farming

Winegums,
Reactions: Pjake

Pjake

I've grown tired of the Division already. The inability to head shot enemies(one hit), poor aiming, and sticky cover system have driven me back to Battlefield 4. Honestly it's a rinse and repeat RPG that requires loads of farming
I don't mind the lack of single shot headshot kills simply because it's an rpg so you kind of have to expect that. But I totally agree with you about the farming. And the end game is just a boring grind.

Pjake,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I don't mind the lack of single shot headshot kills simply because it's an rpg so you kind of have to expect that. But I totally agree with you about the farming. And the end game is just a boring grind.

I wish game producers would come to the table with something fresh for RPG games. The grind and repeat is a poor tactic to keep players playing. As soon as I see that I have to grind for crafting items I stop playing the game. It's just not fun endlessly killing things.

The competitive aspect of FPS keeps me engaged, but with RPG the cooperative side of things just frustrates me. I'm really not one to upkeep Xbox live friends and tracking down a group of good players can be time consuming. Lone wolf playing is what I've been reduced to after so many poor RPG games have been released.

Can someone just give me a WW2 BF game built with a new engine?

Winegums,
Reactions: zor

Pjake

I wish game producers would come to the table with something fresh for RPG games. The grind and repeat is a poor tactic to keep players playing. As soon as I see that I have to grind for crafting items I stop playing the game. It's just not fun endlessly killing things.

The competitive aspect of FPS keeps me engaged, but with RPG the cooperative side of things just frustrates me. I'm really not one to upkeep Xbox live friends and tracking down a group of good players can be time consuming. Lone wolf playing is what I've been reduced to after so many poor RPG games have been released.

Can someone just give me a WW2 BF game built with a new engine?
Rumor is the next battlefield is gonna be WW1.

Pjake,

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
I don't mind the grind in Division, but I haven't played since shortly after the last patch. The DZ has become a hackers/griefers wet dream and unfortunately it is the only endgame at this point unless you want to do the same missions over and over again.

deadheadbill,

Pjake

I don't mind the grind in Division, but I haven't played since shortly after the last patch. The DZ has become a hackers/griefers wet dream and unfortunately it is the only endgame at this point unless you want to do the same missions over and over again.
That's the part of division that I really dislike. The leveling is a bit grindy but I had fun leveling. I took my character to DZ lvl 30. To me the dz just isn't that fun so I don't think I'll make it to 50

Pjake,

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
deadheadbill,
Reactions: Pjake

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I don't mind the grind in Division, but I haven't played since shortly after the last patch. The DZ has become a hackers/griefers wet dream.
I never had any issues in the darkzone. Never seen one hacker and 90% of the people I've met in the dz don't even care for you unless it's some dick baiting with a fake extraction. Am playing on PC.

Most times I'll be going solo and players will come out of nowhere and provide some assistance against the OP level 31s-32s. But most people seem afraid of attacking other players since its hard to kill other players unless they are just slow to react, and you can't tell their DZ level.

Last edited:
paytonpenn,

Pjake

People are leaving in droves. All that are left in the dz are the COD wannabes. It's sad.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1423428-POLL-Are-You-Enjoying-The-Dark-Zone-As-Is/page13
I still loves me some blops 3. But I hate the "pvp" in division. The shooting mechanics don't feel conducive to it, and it's gear dependent. I like when pvp is totally skill based. I.E. I love COD and Halo pvp and hate destiny and division pvp. If I'm playing WoW or something that has a well thought out system for gearing up I can deal with the gear advantage. But games like division and destiny, where gear drops are soooo reliant on rng, feel cheap to me. Just one mans opinion. If ya like Division, by all means have an awesome time with it. It's just not my cup of tea. On another note I'm back on MLB the show, as that is my spring tradition. Guess what team I use... (See my picture!)

Pjake,
Top Bottom