• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

***Gamers*** What are you playing?

Hexi

My friend just gave me dark souls for the Xbox360,he diddent like how hard it was.

I really appreciate the difficulty,I'm not too far but I have had to start a new file twice because I killed npc shop owners without thinking....I needed a short bow
That's probably the worst feature in the Dark Souls/Demon Souls series (killing NPCs w/o any indication that you shouldn't) I did it in Demons Souls a couple of times but for that game, New Game+ was easy and not a big deal to get to that point.

Dark Souls New Game + is much more serious and more work to get to, and there is a whole checklist of things you should absolutely do before New Game + which are not obvious at all and can even be as annoying to miss as killing an NPC.

I played Demon Souls longer, but that was mostly because the farming fore gear required more time. I thought Dark Souls was a little more balanced than DemS and only 1-2 levels were annoyingly designed because of the camera problems.

I think Dark Souls is overall the better game, but after toying around w/ PVP and then the expansion DLC sorcery came out and kinda changed PVP drastically. It became even more Rock/Paper/Scissors IMO which some prefer. Like the new sorc spells will insta-kill most players, but you can also do a "null magic" spell against it. Which means you have to spec for that anti-magic loadout and then assume you are going to get invaded by a sorc spammer. It works if you plan ahead for it, but it kinda sucked the spontaneity out of PVP for me.

I enjoyed just doing a PVE loadout and fighting whoever invaded with whatever loadout they had and seeing how it goes. My favorite PVP battle was against a guy in Onion Armor and I was in light/medium set up as a thief type. My attacks could barely harm him, and he was too slow to hit me. Fight went on for a while in a level that was my first time there. Eventually I got stuck on the buildings and got ground and pounded.

After the DLC came out. SOmeone would invade and I would spam kill them w/ the new magic. Eventually someone with the new magic would invade and spam kill me. Fights started lasting 20 seconds max.

RaoulDuke007

I've recently started playing WoW again in anticipation of Warlords of Draenor. I've been playing on and off since launch.

Couldn't get into the Dark/Demon Souls games. It wasn't the difficulty but the floaty-ness of the controls that I didn't care for. I felt like I was fighting the gameplay more than I was the enemies. My opinion seems to be in the vast minority though.

I just finished Assassin's Creed IV. That game was excellent. I really hope Ubisoft spins it off into a standalone Pirate franchise. I think it saved the series after the snoozefest of III. Anyone have thoughts on when/where the next installment will be? I saw something recently that said it wouldn't be Samurai/Feudal japan. I'm thinking Ancient Egypt.

RaoulDuke007,

z9

What do you guys think about Titanfall? I'm considering picking this one up

The titans and wall running and jumping looks like it could be fun, but I don't know about the combat :\

It looks like return to sender was pulled right out of Bioshock Infinite and given to a titan

b0

Cloudy...
What do you guys think about Titanfall? I'm considering picking this one up

The titans and wall running and jumping looks like it could be fun, but I don't know about the combat :\

It looks like return to sender was pulled right out of Bioshock Infinite and given to a titan

I played the beta and it's awesome, like a COD in steroids :evil: I will buy it for sure!

PNWMMJ

Thinking about buying TitanFall on the pc, have a 360, but I would imagine it would run better on current laptop/desktop gaming rigs vs the older tech of the 360. Haven't jumped on the One bandwagon yet.

Used to be a Forza Die Hard, had my own team and hotlapped my ass off, was ranked top 50 in the world while I was unemployed and had time to spare. Team's still going strong, I had to bail on em for health issues. Had a ps3 and the pos flatlined right after the warranty expired.

Chilled.

COD MW3
Either capture the flag or kill confirmed on Xbox 360

Though not that much these days....

Chilled.,

vapomancer

been installing titanfall for pc for about an hour , now . 34917.21 mb of sounds are currently about 30 % unpacked ... I hate calling in sick due to video games

Reveen

I just got a new PC so I've been getting back into gaming a bit. I just beat South Park The Stick of Truth for PC. It was fun and hilarious, but pretty short. I think I'm going to start up playing Borderlands 2 again soon.

I really wish there were more traditional RPGs for PC. I love games like Diablo, Torchlight, and Path of Exile, but honestly I still prefer turn-based RPGs with lots of leveling up and grinding (yes, I like grinding).

I think I'm going to install the Dolphin Game Cube emulator and play through Tales of Symphonia again . . . love that game!

grokit

well-worn member
I'm a console guy, always liked arcade racers and sometimes golf lol.

I am currently addicted to the motorstorm franchise on the ps3, there's really nothing else like these games (you have to drive angry!). Too bad it's a sony exclusive because I like the 360 console better; same as ps2 vs. xbox. The software is better on the former but the hardware is better on the latter.

I was hoping for Motorstorm 4 for the ps4, but that seems to be on hold indefinitely in favor of the debut of evolution studios' (sony owned) new series, driveclub, which has also been delayed. Driveclub does look pretty cool (more realistic like forza/gt), but it's definitely not motorstorm!

Nascar_Run01+copy.jpg

Concept art for Motorstorm 4

Last edited:

Grim Chiclets

Anyone play Dark Souls? Hyped for the second one? (if PC, if you have it on console, I automatically hate you now haha)
Wow, just happened to scroll up and see Hexi's post after I typed all that crap..

Anyway, other than that it seems to me games are just getting worse and worse :shrug:

Grim Chiclets,
Reactions: Hexi

Reveen

Anyway, other than that it seems to me games are just getting worse and worse :shrug:

Some of the new big blockbuster games are for sure. There are still some great ones coming out, but I've found that the little "indie" game designers are really knocking it out of the park in the past few years. Unfortunately they are really held back by their budget, so the indie games are usually pretty short (but very unique and inventive).

Grim Chiclets

Some of the new big blockbuster games are for sure. There are still some great ones coming out, but I've found that the little "indie" game designers are really knocking it out of the park in the past few years. Unfortunately they are really held back by their budget, so the indie games are usually pretty short (but very unique and inventive).
True, I just hate short games, easy games, simple games, etc..
I'm just generally repelled by the new waves of games and gamers.. I mean WOW- Counter-Strike has been broken so many times over Source and GO that I don't even remember how it used to be in the golden days anymore :\
The only interest I have left is for Dark Souls 2 and Wildstar, too many kickstarters cut from the same cloth these days

EDIT: that being said, anyone currently playing Dark Souls on PC? I'd love to take part in some jolly cooperation

Grim Chiclets,
Reactions: Reveen

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I'm still playing gta v.

I've got 63 hours in the single plate mode, and 193 hours in the online.

I've hardly touched my ps4 and killzone shadow fall, because all my gaming time is going to gtav shenanigans with mates :D

I'm also planning on picking up the South Park game soon, just kinda wish it was on the ps4 so I'd have more of an excuse to use it :lol:

I really want to get into the demon/dark souls series too.
Are there any story elements that mean I should play them from the start, or can I just jump into the newest one?

Reveen

I'm also planning on picking up the South Park game soon, just kinda wish it was on the ps4 so I'd have more of an excuse to use it :lol:

I just finished the South Park game. I wish the main story quest would have been longer, but there are quite a few side quests and things to find (if you are one of those 100% completion people). Overall the game was very fun and entertaining . . . but then again, I'm a sucker for turn-based rpg gaming, so it might not be everyone's cup of tea.

Grim Chiclets

I really want to get into the demon/dark souls series too.
Are there any story elements that mean I should play them from the start, or can I just jump into the newest one?
You could buy Dark Souls 2 and start there on your PS3, or you could save $30 and start with either Dark Souls or Demon Souls. They're much more well documented in case you need help, and I'm certain that I'll be happy I've beaten Dark Souls 1 at least a few times before I even get to pick up Dark Souls 2- the story has at least an indirect correlation, although without any resources/lore that you can find online it'll still be hard to try and pick up on everything.
So I'd at least suggest picking up Dark Souls or Demons Souls first, though I've not gotten the chance to play Demons yet; gotta borrow my sisters ps3 lol

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I just finished the South Park game. I wish the main story quest would have been longer, but there are quite a few side quests and things to find (if you are one of those 100% completion people). Overall the game was very fun and entertaining . . . but then again, I'm a sucker for turn-based rpg gaming, so it might not be everyone's cup of tea.
I'm not necessarily a 100% kinda guy, but I do love trying to get the platinum trophies for games - so I've kinda become a 100% kinda guy by default :lol:

Got to 100% on red dead redemption just for a trophy, and I managed to get the platinum for skyrim, though I still have a fair few minor misc quests left to complete...

I'm quite a fan of the turn based rpg, and South Park, so it's gonna be right down my alley :D
You could buy Dark Souls 2 and start there on your PS3, or you could save $30 and start with either Dark Souls or Demon Souls. They're much more well documented in case you need help, and I'm certain that I'll be happy I've beaten Dark Souls 1 at least a few times before I even get to pick up Dark Souls 2- the story has at least an indirect correlation, although without any resources/lore that you can find online it'll still be hard to try and pick up on everything.
So I'd at least suggest picking up Dark Souls or Demons Souls first, though I've not gotten the chance to play Demons yet; gotta borrow my sisters ps3 lol
Sweetness, once I've finished the South Park game, looks like demon souls is going to the top of my to-play list :tup:

Grim Chiclets

I'm not necessarily a 100% kinda guy, but I do love trying to get the platinum trophies for games - so I've kinda become a 100% kinda guy by default :lol:

Got to 100% on red dead redemption just for a trophy, and I managed to get the platinum for skyrim, though I still have a fair few minor misc quests left to complete...

I'm quite a fan of the turn based rpg, and South Park, so it's gonna be right down my alley :D

Sweetness, once I've finished the South Park game, looks like demon souls is going to the top of my to-play list :tup:
Just FYI, demons souls is linear and unrelated to dark souls (which is open world) aside from being the same style game and company

Grim Chiclets

Ahh, ok, I thought dark souls was a sequel to demon souls, might just go straight to dark souls then :)
That's what I did, if you're at all into PC gaming I'd do that, because Demons Souls is a PS3 exclusive, and Dark Souls 2 is getting a DISGUSTINGLY better version of it next month. Sure, it's a month after the console one, but it's not a port- it's actually made from the ground up for PC and Console alike :ko:
HD textures, graphics options and features and whatsuchforthwith

akaye47

just got titanfall on XB1.. seems like an expansion pack for halo. also the online only campaign mode is kinda buggy and annoying... :razz:

akaye47,

Dangus

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
Been playing a fair amount on Steam, and picked up a number of new titles.

Current favorites/worth talking about:

Arma III has been pretty fun, I usually roll in a small group in the online wasteland mode...love all the different vehicles etc.

7 Days to Die has been enjoyable as well, and it's being updated quite a bit, so nice to see it continuing to grow.

DayZ standalone has been good so far, but I haven't gotten a lot of time to play this, though I used to play the mod a lot awhile back.

Rust - I've only played just a tiny bit, and was waaay to vaked to get going.

Air Buccaneers - Damn fun, but not alot of folks playing online...

Guns of Icarus - picked this up since this is the more popular airship game, good, but I've only played a handful of times

GTA IV - online mode is fun and easy to meet up with buddies to cause mayhem...

Yea...a bit of a bender and a bit of a ramble....welp, the LSV is warmed up and ready to go...excuse me...

Top Bottom