1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

***Gamers*** What are you playing?

Discussion in 'The Vapor Lounge' started by getvaked, Aug 29, 2010.

1. DrPiff

DrPiff Born To Rage

Can't wait to to play GTA5 but I have a few games I have to beat first. I've recently turned into a budget gamer so I've been picking up older titles for 25 and under.

I'm almost done with Tomb Raider and I have Bioshock Infinite, The Uncharted Trilogy, and Ni No Kuni to play. So many games and so little time.

Anybody think the PS4 and XBox One will sell out soon after launch? I remember people selling PS3s on eBay for 1500 dollars after the launch in '06.
    Outlaw Farmer likes this.
  2. NinjaMindTriks

NinjaMindTriks Ninja Vapor Enthusiast

I bought GTA 5 on tuesday and I must say it is the best game I have played. I love it. Beat it the night before last and now just have the side missions. I was completely taken in with it. The storyline, graphics and control are so much better than they where in previous GTA games. Buy this game! It rocks. I really liked sleeping dogs and this game is what sleeping dogs wishes it were.
  3. Outlaw Farmer

Outlaw Farmer Stealth Mode Engaged

Vid games are big here in the winter. But I'm more into the braindead kiddie games, ya know to help me disconnect and maybe laugh a little.

Used 2play all the death/kill/fight/monster titles but like movies I've really softened up.

I've been playing thru all the Ratchet and clank and all the Lego-series. The gameshop kids make fun of my choices. I like my entertainment in a spoon.

And btw, I buy discs used. How do u do it? Same? new? Down Load?

I remember standing in line on opening morning to get the first PS3. Used to do that for concerts to. Now it's all on Pirate Bay!!

GTA is out and making the news, You think these games are making Americas youth more prone to vicious behavior?

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  4. SD_haze

SD_haze MMJ Vaporist

So painful making myself not buy GTA 5 until winter break. Last year at college is too important. :rant:
    ehakim, Tweek, Dangus and 2 others like this.
  5. Outlaw Farmer

Outlaw Farmer Stealth Mode Engaged

I know guys that skip class to play GTA or magic the gathering!

I respect your choice.
    Tweek and Bob Loblaw like this.
  6. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Astralnaut

as i've gotten older having the newest game has become less important.
    just finished AC3 finally (got dicked on a side quest so i'm still at 99%)

have Rise of the Nightmares on the way (gamefly).
    not expecting much, but that's what renting is for.

got zumba rush for the wifey.

def. gonna wait a year or two b4 getting the new xbox or playstation.
    ('specially w/ xbox)

gonna hurt as i am really excited for the new bungie release.

game on! (those of you who heard Wayne's voice get an extra point)
  7. SD_haze

SD_haze MMJ Vaporist

agreed!
    After waiting over a year for the first Vapexhale Cloud, my tolerance for patience is through the roof. Especially with awesome new games.

I decided I'm waiting until I can find the ps3 GTA5 for $40 or less. Ideally $30-20 haha
    Bob Loblaw, Outlaw Farmer and Tweek like this.
  8. Tweek

Tweek Well-Known Member

Thanks all for suggesting Dragon's Dogma...forgot to chime in and say how awesome it is. I also started playing Mass Effect 3 finally. Love that series.
  9. SD_haze

SD_haze MMJ Vaporist

Highly recommend the online segment of Mass Effect 3.
    I ended up with N7 level 420 and about 1200 games played (15-30 mins each!).
    Enjoyed almost every minute of it.
    Bob Loblaw and Tweek like this.
  10. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Astralnaut

AGREED - Mass Effect is my by far one of my favorite series. M3 was one of the few games where i pre-ordered the nicer kit!
    deadheadbill likes this.
  11. Reveen

Reveen Well-Known Member

Downloaded GTA V yesterday because my wife was going out of town and I knew I would get bored lol. Pretty sweet so far I really like switching characters and they definitely improved many core aspects of the game like driving and shooting.

I usually spend 20 min on a mission or two and then get sidetracked for a few hours by a big ramp I found or customizing cars :lol:
    Bob Loblaw likes this.
  12. NinjaMindTriks

NinjaMindTriks Ninja Vapor Enthusiast

Sleeping dogs is another great game. GTA V is awesome. I beat the main game in 2 and a half days, barely slept. I was just so caught up in it. Can't recommend it enough and I didn't even really care for GTA 4.
    Bob Loblaw and YeeeBuddy like this.
  13. YeeeBuddy

YeeeBuddy Well-Known Member

I agree GTA 5 was pretty epic, the writers for that game deserve an award. Story mode took forever to beat compared to most single player games, you def get your moneys worth with this one. I cant wait for the next gen systems I pre ordered the Xbox one now just counting the days lol.
    Bob Loblaw likes this.
  14. moodster80

moodster80 Well-Known Member

I cant belive that gta 5 is not online yet what a let down ! but I still love it !!
  15. deadheadbill

deadheadbill I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...

Yeah, story mode is awesome, but I am so psyched for GTA V online.
  16. salivape

salivape Well-Known Member

October 1st it will be live, apparently.

For me it is the best game I've ever played. I've only just got to meeting Trevor. What a character! Pretty disappointed that I searched youtube for 'trevor gta 5' to find his funny quotes and one of the video titles gave away the ending... Also a bit gutted there is no ifruit for android yet. Customization of vehicles I can live without but I want to train Chop! I hear he sniffs out items for you when he's fully trained.

Other than that it's the perfect game! It does make you wonder where the gta series is headed next. $500 million made in 24 hours!
  17. deadheadbill

deadheadbill I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...

It passed the 1 billion mark already. And yeah, Android user here and I wanna train chop also.
    salivape likes this.
  18. salivape

salivape Well-Known Member

That's crazy! A billion already... I can't say I'm surprised though really.

I've searched and searched and found no date for an android release. I bet the apple fanboys are loving themselves even more than usual.
    deadheadbill likes this.
  19. Hoops

Hoops Well-Known Member

ehh, the ifruit app hardly works at all. When it does, it's less than impressive. I believe it's still a work in progress. You're honestly not missing out.

As far as iPhones go....my next will be an Android OS. Proprietary iTunes is a deal breaker for me, hate it with a passion at this point.
    salivape likes this.
  20. Angus Thermopyle

Angus Thermopyle miner of truth & delusion

Just completed the first heist mission. What fun.

SPOILER ALERT: Vid might be considered spoiler by some.

salivape and deadheadbill like this.
  21. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Astralnaut

so i play rock band and guitar hero off and on. mostly the axe, sometimes bass or vocals. wifey loves the drums.

have been twitching about the real fender squier guitar ever since the "string" mad catz controller and rb3 was announced.

have finally gotten to the point where i can play 95% of the guitar stuff on hard w/5 stars and half the expert stuff w/ 90% or better and have been at the impasse of working harder to learn all the notes and fingering for a game (which makes little sense) or to get one of these guitars.

have been on the fence and the cost of finding one has kept it prohibitive. however i recently found one for less than $250 shipped w/ a year warranty from guitar center.
    has been sitting in a "cart" for a week or so.

the main hesitancy is due to the left-handedness of my playing (am right-handed normally for all else but jacking off, lol). i figure i can restring it until i get an amp, then i'll have to take it into a tech to have them change the inputs.

well, it's my birthday this week and i went to go look at again and the price had dropped $30.

long story short, it's on it's way. this'll help the winter doldrums!
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
    deadheadbill, nopartofme and Hoops like this.
  22. Rocket

Rocket Danger Zone!

Should maybe have a look at rocksmith then bob, I hear it is good at teaching people to play and works with real guitars.
    deadheadbill and Bob Loblaw like this.
  23. Caligula

Caligula HTTP ERROR: 404 - NOT FOUND

If GTA5 was out for pc, or my PS3 hadn't taken a shit, or if the PS4 was available...I'd probably be playing it. Sadly none of that will come to fruition until after Battlefield 4 is released, so I'll likely never play GTA
    SD_haze likes this.
  24. Rocket

Rocket Danger Zone!

For reals? I myself are so over BF, been a fan ever since 1942 but they just keep on dumbing it down. I think I might just have to let BF4 pass, which is shocking as it will be the first BF game I won't have played.

GTA on the other hand just keeps getting better and better.
  25. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Astralnaut

just checked it out. i am getting so old. how did i miss this.will def. pick that up. almost cancelled my order and went with the rocksmith bundle instead, but i realized that i could use my squier on it while not so vice versa. i don't mean to use it as anything other than a controller for the games. the wifey has an old school BC Rich Warlock that i might have re-strung and pick-upped (?) after i feel i have learned well enough.

thanks for the heads up!
    deadheadbill and Rocket like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors