***Gamers*** What are you playing?

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
I haven't played snes games in years. I think I am going to have to start with Zelda. Any other recommendations?

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I just got saints row 3 for free thanks to my new PS+ subscription.

I never really played the saints row games because I thought they were just a GTA clone/rip-off...

Damn, it's fun.

I've just finished the story mode, and now I'm going for the 100% :D

It's def got me pumped for SR4, but I'm still planning on picking up GTA5 first.

:D

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
I just got saints row 3 for free thanks to my new PS+ subscription.

I never really played the saints row games because I thought they were just a GTA clone/rip-off...

Damn, it's fun.

I've just finished the story mode, and now I'm going for the 100% :D

It's def got me pumped for SR4, but I'm still planning on picking up GTA5 first.

:D

Yeah, I liberated my penthouse in SR3. Just getting started in the game, but what a load of fun it is.

deadheadbill,

Hexi

I liked Saints Row 2 a lot, SR3 was decent but I felt like it was real short compared to 2.

I used to play Counterstrike way back in the day, that and SOCOM 2 and some Halo for days... killed shooters for myself. After a few thousand de_dust runs...

Hexi,

11eleven11

Anybody vape and play the oculus rift?

Imagine taking some big ol hits then putting them on in some underwater coral reef place. Or playing something that is supposed to scare the shit out our you.

Edit - -

www.vimeo.com/m/74025061

fucking LOL.. Uh very NSFW.

Again.. damn... Virtual reality stuff is coming along.

Video of some creepy game for it:

More at www.reddit.com/r/oculus

Last edited:

Hexi

I caved in and bought Diablo 3 PS3, the reviews sold me and my GF was a big fan of Diablo 1, the last "real game" she's played actually

Hexi,

steiner666

Serial vapist
For those PC gamers who didnt already hear: The humble bundle weekly sale is on some quality retro shooters. You can get Serious Sam HD First and Second Encounter and Duke Nukem 3D for $1!

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

The Serious Sam games alone are worth well more than that! Do yourself a favor and pick them up, add me on steam if you want to get vaked as fuck and play some SS! Steam ID: nefariusedicius (go by [SDP] Ubelsteiner )

steiner666,
I'm not a big gamer anymore (grew up on Nintendo), but I just got Rayman Legends for Xbox 360. One of the best platformers I've played in a long time.

letter never sent,

Reveen

I've been addicted to Cube World lately. It is a lot of fun and a great way to waste a bunch of time.

Reveen,

Hexi

I have to say for all the hype about Diablo 3, yes it's very polished, but gameplay wise I think Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 1, 2, and Champions of Norrath and Return to Arms are better.

The control layout is one of the main reasons, in addition to the leveling and skill unlocks. They made Diablo 3 more like a FPS with 'loadouts' . Thankfully the gear progression still is RPG like, but the character growth seems very dumbed down action game to me.

I mean, I have a monk using a sword and shield... and I can only use abilities mapped to action buttons? LOL what happened to hotbars and combo controls?

Everquest ONline PS2 and DC universe + the Baldur's Gate/CoN games already showed us how to have deep control schemes that are easy to use for action RPGs. Why dumb it down god of war style?

Hexi,

Rocket

Danger Zone!
Anybody vape and play the oculus rift?

Imagine taking some big ol hits then putting them on in some underwater coral reef place. Or playing something that is supposed to scare the shit out our you.

Edit - -

www.vimeo.com/m/74025061

fucking LOL.. Uh very NSFW.

Again.. damn... Virtual reality stuff is coming along.

Video of some creepy game for it:

More at www.reddit.com/r/oculus

Yeah I have had a Oculus for a fair while now, never suffer from any nausea I wonder why that is. ;)

I have been being to put a post in here to see if anyone else had one, be good to share experiences with fellow vapour heads.

Rocket,

Reveen

Yeah I have had a Oculus for a fair while now, never suffer from any nausea I wonder why that is. ;)

I have been being to put a post in here to see if anyone else had one, be good to share experiences with fellow vapour heads.

Damn . . . I just heard about this yesterday and watched a bunch of youtube videos on it. That 1080p version after vaping would be insanely awesome.

Reveen,
Reactions: Rocket

Rocket

Danger Zone!
Damn . . . I just heard about this yesterday and watched a bunch of youtube videos on it. That 1080p version after vaping would be insanely awesome.

One of my favourite games to play on it? Cubeworld, the art style works great with the current unit. Mindblowingly cool. There are tons of cool programs to use with the rift and the low rez screen Is less of an issue than one would think. Especially when software/graphics are tailored to the Rift.

I'm excited as all hell for the consumer version but that isn't going to stop be VRing it up with the devket. :D

Rocket,
Reactions: Reveen

Reveen

One of my favourite games to play on it? Cubeworld, the art style works great with the current unit. Mindblowingly cool. There are tons of cool programs to use with the rift and the low rez screen Is less of an issue than one would think. Especially when software/graphics are tailored to the Rift.

I'm excited as all hell for the consumer version but that isn't going to stop be VRing it up with the devket. :D

I think the question everyone has is "how cool is it to use while high?"

I think even some sort of music visualizer would be kickass, let alone a full game. I'll probably end up buying the consumer version when it comes out. Its just too cool to pass up.

Reveen,

Rocket

Danger Zone!
I think the question everyone has is "how cool is it to use while high?"

I think even some sort of music visualizer would be kickass, let alone a full game. I'll probably end up buying the consumer version when it comes out. Its just too cool to pass up.

How cool is it? Insanely cool. You can say Fuck combustion then Fuck Reality! It's really hard to explain just how satisfying it is to be sitting in your own virtual cockpit, being "in" the game. I did chicken out on playing Dreadhalls though, too damn scary for my tastes! :o

Now playing games on a normal monitor feel so removed and distant, when compare to playing Lunar Flight or Ceiss on the rift.

I have not had a chance to try one of the music visualizers (I know of a least 3), Next time I have a chance I'll give one a shot and see how it goes.

Rocket,
Reactions: Reveen

Reveen

How cool is it? Insanely cool. You can say Fuck combustion then Fuck Reality! It's really hard to explain just how satisfying it is to be sitting in your own virtual cockpit, being "in" the game. I did chicken out on playing Dreadhalls though, too damn scary for my tastes! :o

Now playing games on a normal monitor feel so removed and distant, when compare to playing Lunar Flight or Ceiss on the rift.

I have not had a chance to try one of the music visualizers (I know of a least 3), Next time I have a chance I'll give one a shot and see how it goes.

I would also steer clear of the horror games. I get WAY too immersed into games when I'm playing them and I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack playing something scary.

I've heard that the Oculus Rift does an amazing job with 3D movies as well . . . I've heard its much better than the theaters.

Reveen,
Top Bottom