• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Galaxy Vortex

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Did you noticed this flower vape from Galaxy, it is avalaible at Vapor Warehouse for 279$.

galaxy-vortex-vaporizer.jpg

Seems very similar to the Herborizer/verdamper, not sure but I think it's an halogen vape also.

Is there any lucky member to own one in capacity to share his experience?

Yoosh

Hey again, sorry! Had to send it back in so I'll hold off on my full opinion until later. For now I'll say that I've really enjoyed using it with my glass pieces. It works well with my FC UFO and FC MOD bubblers.

Some notes:
-the bowl is huge
-heatup time is quick (~2 min)
-flavor is pure
-hits are potent, a heavy hitter

I'll give a full review once i get back my unit back. CS is great so far.

@PPN, I think you'll be a fan of this one. It's got VHW performance in an Herborizer shell.

BD9

Hi, I'm fairly new to vapes and still researching.
I do have a VaporBros Handsfree that I'm still getting used to. This Galaxy unit looks interesting to me but reviews are hard to find. Closest thing to the De Verdamper I've seen.
Will be looking forward to your review.

Thanks

BD9

I have emailed and called Bryan at Galaxy, and so far, customer service has been stellar. To me, good customer service goes a long way. I hope the product is as good as CS has been. :)

jake18a

Hey again, sorry! Had to send it back in so I'll hold off on my full opinion until later. For now I'll say that I've really enjoyed using it with my glass pieces. It works well with my FC UFO and FC MOD bubblers.

Some notes:
-the bowl is huge
-heatup time is quick (~2 min)
-flavor is pure
-hits are potent, a heavy hitter

I'll give a full review once i get back my unit back. CS is great so far.

@PPN, I think you'll be a fan of this one. It's got VHW performance in an Herborizer shell.
I've been using the Galaxy Vortex for awhile now and I really like it best of all the flower vapes I have. Amazingly flavorful and super efficient. I'm interested how you are liking the Vortex at this point?

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Could you tell us which are your others vapes...to know on your comparison is based..?

And yes, I would like to heard more users feedbacks too!

jake18a

Could you tell us which are your others vapes...to know on your comparison is based..?

And yes, I would like to heard more users feedbacks too!

I have a Cloud Evo, a Mighty, an E-Nano, and an Elevape SV and I prefer the Galaxy Vortex. Of course, the Mighty and Elevape are portable and win out when that is needed.I can also use the Galaxy with their own ceramic nail for concentrates although I do prefer my d-nail with the sapphire halo for that use. When I do use the Vortex I usually use it with a Mobius Ion Matrix for my glass piece and the combination is excellent. The Vortex is all glass, super easy to clean and tastes great! These other vapes are all good, I just prefer the ease of the Vortex.

latulipe999

Hi all. I am a Herborizer XL owner.

I am realy curious about the heating element in the injector of the vortex. It's seems to be fast.

Please. Can someone who own this beast post a detailed pic of ?

Thanks.

latulipe999,

PoopMachine

Looks an awful lot like the MajikWand and that other vape that crook was trying to sell here a while back. Forget what that one was called.

PoopMachine,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Versa infinity. Best vape purchase I've ever made, still going strong :tup:
Do you know this is the Galaxy Vortex thread, there is another thread for the Versa.

Not a lot of feedback about this one (the Galaxy Vortex)

PPN,

Yoosh

Sorry for never getting back to this thread! Been busy selling vapes. Not to mention my waxpen VAS is out of control lol.

Well I've had the vortex for a while now and I'd say I'm pretty impressed with it. Something to note: I did have to send it in shortly after i first got it as it stopped heating up properly. The CS was pretty fantastic and they sent me a brand new Vortex quickly. Since then it's been working great.

The bowl is huge. Gigantic! You can really pack this sucker and get way too baked. Fill it to the top and its like hitting 5 Evo bowls in one sitting--almost always knocks me out! Luckily you can also use it more efficiently and only cover the glass screen with herb (I usually bump up the temp when i do this). Regardless, this vape isn't as efficient as the Evo (its big competitor imo) but that's not really its main purpose either.

The taste is great. Pure and intense. As far as desktops go the VHW and the Evo are two of my gold standards and the Vortex tastes just about as good as these guys. The glass screen in the Vortex bowl is a plus for sure. I recommend stirring for freshest taste but it seems like you can get away with not stirring with smaller bowls at higher temps. All depends on how far you like to take your herb. Some vapes have a gross popcorn taste at the end of a session but this one stays smooth and aromatic for the most part. Having to poke out abv from the holes in the glass screen is a minor pain though!

Cloud-wise it keeps up with the Evo. You can pull on it as hard as you like and it'll keep milking up until its toasted. You can get even bigger clouds if you pack more so I can see it being great for parties (with your non-clumsy friends haha). The bowl and heater seem tough and are made of thick glass. Not too concerned about them but the little handle on the bowl is a bit too tiny for my fingers. I really think they could have made the bowl waayyyy smaller without anyone noticing. Who is throwing grams in this sucker regularly?! I'd love to see them come out with a reduced-size bowl for efficiency's sake at some point.

This thing heats up fast. (~2min). It's fun to watch the ceramic rod glow bright orange for a few seconds and then cool down. The glass gets hot but its not a skin-melting factory like the Sub lol. I have had the heater get locked into the bowl a few times which is a bummer. Usually it comes out after some gentle twisting but i did have to turn off the unit and let it cool down once to remove the parts.

That covers the basics I think. The Evo is still my herb king at home and it's hard to beat its convenience but the Vortex is a worthy alternative, especially if I'm having a sesh with my SO or some friends. It pairs wonderfully with both my FC UFO and my 14in Peyote Pillar. In the end I don't know if it's worth the extra cash over the cheaper VHW but it definitely works so if the form or function appeal to you I'd go for it. They seem to have 25% off deals semi-regularly so I'd wait for one of those.

On a related note: I'm interested to see how Dnail's Lotus flower adapter compares. If anyone's used it please share.

Thanks! Let me know if you have any questions :)

Edit: I forgot to mention the Vortex cable is interchangeable with the Evo! It's a bit longer and I find myself using it for the Evo now too

Last edited:

jake18a

Sorry for never getting back to this thread! Been busy selling vapes. Not to mention my waxpen VAS is out of control lol.

Well I've had the vortex for a while now and I'd say I'm pretty impressed with it. Something to note: I did have to send it in shortly after i first got it as it stopped heating up properly. The CS was pretty fantastic and they sent me a brand new Vortex quickly. Since then it's been working great.

The bowl is huge. Gigantic! You can really pack this sucker and get way too baked. Fill it to the top and its like hitting 5 Evo bowls in one sitting--almost always knocks me out! Luckily you can also use it more efficiently and only cover the glass screen with herb (I usually bump up the temp when i do this). Regardless, this vape isn't as efficient as the Evo (its big competitor imo) but that's not really its main purpose either.

The taste is great. Pure and intense. As far as desktops go the VHW and the Evo are two of my gold standards and the Vortex tastes just about as good as these guys. The glass screen in the Vortex bowl is a plus for sure. I recommend stirring for freshest taste but it seems like you can get away with not stirring with smaller bowls at higher temps. All depends on how far you like to take your herb. Some vapes have a gross popcorn taste at the end of a session but this one stays smooth and aromatic for the most part. Having to poke out abv from the holes in the glass screen is a minor pain though!

Cloud-wise it keeps up with the Evo. You can pull on it as hard as you like and it'll keep milking up until its toasted. You can get even bigger clouds if you pack more so I can see it being great for parties (with your non-clumsy friends haha). The bowl and heater seem tough and are made of thick glass. Not too concerned about them but the little handle on the bowl is a bit too tiny for my fingers. I really think they could have my the bowl waayyyy smaller without anyone noticing. Who is throwing grams in this sucker regularly?! I'd love to see them come out with a reduced-size bowl for efficiency's sake at some point.

This thing heats up fast. (~2min). It's fun to watch the ceramic rod glow bright orange for a few seconds and then cool down. The glass gets hot but its not a skin-melting factory like the Sub lol. I have had the heater get locked into the bowl a few times which is a bummer. Usually it comes out after some gentle twisting but i did have to turn off the unit and let it cool down once to remove the parts.

That covers the basics I think. The Evo is still my herb king at home and it's hard to beat its convenience but the Vortex is a worthy alternative, especially if I'm having a sesh with my SO or some friends. It pairs wonderfully with both my FC UFO and my 14in Peyote Pillar. In the end I don't know if it's worth the extra cash over the cheaper VHW but it definitely works so if the form or function appeal to you I'd go for it. They seem to have 25% off deals semi-regularly so I'd wait for one of those.

On a related note: I'm interested to see how Dnail's Lotus flower adapter compares. If anyone's used it please share.

Cloud-wise it keeps up with the Evo. You can pull on it as hard as you like and it'll keep milking up until its toasted. You can get even bigger clouds if you pack more so I can see it being great for parties (with your non-clumsy friends haha). The bowl and heater seem tough and are made of thick glass. Not too concerned about them but the little handle on the bowl is a bit too tiny for my fingers. I really think they could have my the bowl waayyyy smaller without anyone noticing. Who is throwing grams in this sucker regularly?! I'd love to see them come out with a reduced-size bowl for efficiency's sake at some point.

Great review! I'm really glad you took the time to be so thorough. I mentioned in an earlier post how much I liked the Vortex, but did not review it. I hope more folks discover this gem. My dealings with the company have been excellent, as well.

Yoosh

Great review! I'm really glad you took the time to be so thorough. I mentioned in an earlier post how much I liked the Vortex, but did not review it. I hope more folks discover this gem. My dealings with the company have been excellent, as well.

Thanks! Enjoying a nice session with the Vortex and my UFO bubbler now. I use a carbed adapter to clear the bubbler so I don't have to lift the heater off the bowl until I stir. The open draw of this vape is really pleasant with a whip.

I hope more users come forward with impressions--specifically those with a Minivap or other high-end convection vapes I haven't tried.

My dealings with the company have been positive as well. It's still a new vape and there are many established desktop options out there so it'll take time for this one to get more word of mouth. I think a price cut would also help. But damn do I enjoy a full bowl out of this guy right before bed. I wake up baked! :smug:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Why some very well reviewed vapes like this one doesn't get a lot of interest here...it get a lot of nice features and the main is the controller can drive both the Vortex and a Galaxy enail.

Thousands member get an Evo or a log and only a few are reporting about such vapes( Vortex but you can add the Herbo, Aromed,...).

biohacker

You're surprised!? How do you think I feel?? :lol: I had NO IDEA how this one slipped below the radar, but it could possibly be because it's in the upcoming and unreleased plugin vapes? If people own this vape, that needs to change.

This looks incredible! I still can't believe it hasn't come to my attention until now! @Yoosh it's been a while bro, are you still digging it?

I'm presently on a break, but i'd like to buy one of these when I return! I'm also planning on buying the Herbo Ti and VHW (again) and @lazylathe has a VHW and Herbo so maybe when I get the Vortex we will do side by side comparisons!

I hope it's the same manufacturer as the Infinity! I bought one of those and then bailed and was refunded due to the shit show that was occurring in the thread, and boy do I regret it! Then again, if the CS is that good, it probably isn't....apparently alot of people got screwed.

The sticking bowl/heater does concern me a little...but with a quick heat up time, I suppose not that much of an issue.

Thanks @PPN!!!!! :tup: When I first saw the title I was for some reason thinking of that cheap LSV knockoff Galaxy vape I thought it was called, I guess i was wrong, it's the coney-pop one.

lazylathe

Almost there...
@PPN

I think i never jumped on it due to the ceramic heating element.
My LSV had one that was ceramic and i never really enjoyed it.

Think my RooR Vapor and VHW are close enough to not have another similar type vape.
It also looks like another Herborizer clone, maybe if they had of changed the design up to look different.

@biohacker No relation to the Infinity vape. I also kick myself for not getting one of them...

biohacker

@lazylathe is that due to uneven heating from the ceramic? The VHW is ceramic? I had a love/hate relationship with that LSV! It was incredible for flavour at low-moderate temps, but any deviation wasn't a great experience. Hmmm, wasn't it the same with the e-nano bro? I'm starting to detect a pattern with us here lol

If it went on sale, i'd maybe consider it but still think that the Herbo Ti is the better option here.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
After some searches I think it's better to stay away from this vape... I bet it works very well but I mean I wasn't able to find replacement parts (like the bowl) and the manufacturer doesn't mention this vape in its website (maybe no true warranty).
Although maybe there is some third parts avalaible fitting the heater, maybe a Vortex user can share if it is usable with another bowl than the proprietary one's...?

Let me know if I'm mistaken...

Top Bottom