Discontinued G43 and SledGhammer

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
3 way adapter works really well in the glass symphony.
IMG_20180727_004543_01.jpg
Oh yes!!! Thats wonderful. Looks like REAL, healthy, lab glass with no wobble. I didn't make it to that part of FC yet. Looks pretty much like it fits my balls eh bills. I am off to read over there at glass-symphony, when I find time. Thanks a lot. Sorry for having disturbed.

I mostly like the G43 as it is ... I wuldn't mind some minor tweaks, but if you put the heater in a glass tube, why not just do the GS as pictured by Stormy? I think the smaller 3 way glass could be good, but changing the heater is a bit much IMHO.

And as it is, it RIPS! capital with a bang. If it were too much better, like, vape companies would start going out of business, so be careful how much you improve it.

I agree. No need to copy another unit. If the G43 already hits the ceiling (or where you want it to), there is no need to change anything. I haven't tried it (yet)!

Last edited:

LabPong

Glad to see this project moving so fast but I can't help thinking you'd be better off using a 3 way glass piece, using the side arm for the electrics so the flex and the connectors sit outside the airpath.
If you wrap a bit of fancy string round the 3rd arm to protect users from the heat you could use it as a handle (like the flowerpot :) ) too.

Absolutely no need for this......the G43 kicks butt just the way it is.....wait till you can try one before making design changes of someone else's vape. No disrespect....just letting you know how incredibly well the G43 works just as it is......and is has a really small footprint and is quick and simple to use. GS....not so much...totally different use case scenario but an excellent vape non the less!

That said......sure you can change and tweak.....but it is just not needed and there is also nothing wrong with creating a vape you have described. Someone will probably do it......you may see a trend of vapes being developed from Buds G43.

GLASS IS CLASS!

LabPong

With the size of the clouds you would think it's harsh, but honestly it isn't. Very efficient use of the bud without ANY burn at 11-12w (go any higher and you will burn)

No doubt....pretty amazing to me as well. The power and volume of the vapor do not = the norm today for such a high end vape experience.....the vapor is soooooo smooth. I have not touched my flowerpot in awhile now because of this fact.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Can’t jump on this train yet, got a custom piece in the works right now and I’m waiting on the quote. :o I’ve been focusing on my at-home game lately but this cute little doohickey/thingamabob/gizmo of @VCBud has burrowed into the VAS portion of my brain. Seem like it would be so easy around the house and I think it could be a top-level travel vape with a small travel piece or j-hook.

I’ve got waaay too many j-hooks for one stoner but thinking especially of a 16-inch j-hook of mine that could really use a G43 to be buddies with. I’ll need to grab a mod but have the batteries and Nitecore charger so I’m halfway home! And so begins the self-delusional justification for another vape... :disgust:

The cable for the battery seems longer in the last video of @Zangano Cruel and I really like that. It looks to be perfect length, you don’t want it so long it’s cumbersome but too short cable can be a PITA as well, ime.

Yeah, definitely have to get a G43 in my life this spring. I can’t see how I’ll put it off longer than that. :tup:

LabPong

The cable for the battery seems longer in the last video of @Zangano Cruel and I really like that. It looks to be perfect length, you don’t want it so long it’s cumbersome but too short cable can be a PITA as well, ime.

Possible length difference on some alpha units Bud uses....but they should all be the same length from Beta units to full production ones. If you change the length of the cable.....so to changes the resistance and heating.

I just coil up the little bit of length around my dropdown.

G43Rig.jpg

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
please don't fool around with 18650s and that construction with no mechanic protection against shortening - at least put a fuse in there... Don't know about regulations in the US, but sending that to the EU has the added risk of getting picked out and trashed by customs with missing CE and EMV conformity - just to prevent some disappointing headaches i had far to often...
And if i look at the pic above, a strain relief for the cables is also missing...

Last edited:

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Ahhh looking at the g43 mod & firmware instructions, it suggests to stir every couple hits. I know you were aiming for a "no stir needed" vape @VCBud and express your dissatisfaction when needing to stir with some other vapes... what happened ? how far /close to no stirring does the g43 go without the good ol' stir ?

Baron23

please don't fool around with 18650s and that construction with no mechanic protection against shortening - at least put a fuse in there

The mod provides electrical protection....that's why the battery sled version isn't being sold at the moment.

Ahhh looking at the g43 mod & firmware instructions, it suggests to stir every couple hits. I know you were aiming for a "no stir needed" vape @VCBud and express your dissatisfaction when needing to stir with some other vapes... what happened ? how far /close to no stirring does the g43 go without the good ol' stir ?
I stir once just to get the last draw out of it. Not really an issue as this is, to me, def a desktop.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Okay I just wound up at the new-looking-to-me VLF doing a search the other day, wound up reading a two-part review (not G43) by some bloke named @Baron23 ? Y’all ever heard of this guy?! :D Couldn’t believe my eyes, he can really write well and express his thoughts intelligently. Who woulda known?! :rofl::lol: *

But I also noticed something, I suppose it’s a discrepancy, but see - over at the maker of this vape’s cool site, VLF - its thread is listed under the Desktop category. Definitely not in the portables section, and he’s the man. Site Owner/Vape Maker/Media Mogul. Yet here at my/our beloved FC, it’s to be found amongst the Portables! My mind is blown by the incongruity of the situation and seeks a resolution. It just can’t let it go.

My plan of action is this: Suggest perhaps the grownups look into the matter and do as they see fit.

Is the best way to G43 ownership still through the list via PM with @VCBud ? Cos I’m gonna DM him. :razz:

EDIT: Rambling PM accomplished! Gotta feeling he’s really going to appreciate the minutiae.
Bet he never gets that experience, communicating with stoners all the time...

Not trying to contradict you, my dear @VaporWare , you know I got crazy respect for ya but pretty sure I heard that Bud went down to the crossroads and came back a master of physics. So now he’s got that going on for himself, which is pretty cool if you think about the possibilities, man...

Last edited:

Vaporware

Hopefully he’ll have more to say, but basically he can’t change physics. ;)

I have some ideas about how to avoid stirring with different vaporizer designs, but with a design like this, the Glass Symphony, FlowerPot, Herborizer, Nomad, Milaana, etc. you’re pulling air through the load in one direction, always hitting one side of the load with the hottest air and getting the least heat to the opposite side.

That means that (at least with the FP) you can get away without stirring if you use a small layer, but a thicker layer leaves you with 3 options:

1. Extract more slowly at a lower temp.

2. Extract quickly but accept that the top of your load (closest to the heater) will get overcooked or worse depending on how high you set the temp.

3. Stir to even out the extraction and finish the whole thing at a medium-high temp.

Like I said, there are ways I think it could be done differently, but these are some of the best extractors out there and every way I can think of to improve them would make things more complicated in the design and/or for the user.

There are a couple of things I’d like to try, but they would be new and at *least* more difficult to make, so I can understand him not beating everyone in that department with his first try (which was put together fairly quickly too). Getting something small and portable that can compete with high-end stuff is already a real achievement; congrats @VCBud ! :science:

juxt

I like to stir ... it's got a feel of working with your payload to maximize the experience, kinda adds to it for me.

I also don't go above 13W for flower. I usually get 6 big rips on it, last couple being popcorny because it's mostly extracted. It does leave a sweet abv, if i go to 8 draws it seems fully extracted but has a harsh taste that I don't like.

The mod goes off randomly, maybe a firmware thing, maybe just from passing it around. I really like it in any case ... it's the easist thing for me with flower with this much power.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
But I also noticed something, I suppose it’s a discrepancy, but see - over at the maker of this vape’s cool site, VLF - its thread is listed under the Desktop category. Definitely not in the portables section, and he’s the man. Site Owner/Vape Maker/Media Mogul. Yet here at my/our beloved FC, it’s to be found amongst the Portables! My mind is blown by the incongruity of the situation and seeks a resolution. It just can’t let it go.

My plan of action is this: Suggest perhaps the grownups look into the matter and do as they see fit.
FC considers a vape to be portable if it doesn't have to be plugged into the wall. When Bud made the thread he put it in the Portables section (correctly) but questioned me about whether it should be in the Desktop section, so it can be confusing I agree.

Regarding stirring: I just vaped a bowl without stirring for shits and giggles. While I couldn't tell any difference during the session (I got several satisfying clouds as is tradition) I did notice the ABV had a few black and green specks. So it could have been better I suppose but I'd say it was 85% evenly vaped ABV. Therefore I would say that stirring is not required, but you'll get a few more vapors if you do. :2c:

:peace:

Brewervapesalot

Looks great!

Maybe as an option, make the heater connect to a solid stick or tube (eliminating the cord) then to the battery/mod. That would be bigger area to grab and hold on to while using and would also do away with the need to put the mod/battery somewhere (table or elasticed to the water rig/dry bong) when using.

If stainless steel, or something break resistant, the tube could add durability...

Brewervapesalot,
Reactions: VCBud

MothChewMoth

Gamer Extraordinaire
Looks great!

Maybe as an option, make the heater connect to a solid stick or tube (eliminating the cord) then to the battery/mod. That would be bigger area to grab and hold on to while using and would also do away with the need to put the mod/battery somewhere (table or elasticed to the water rig/dry bong) when using.

If stainless steel, or something break resistant, the tube could add durability...

I think my only worry is that would put some unnecessary stress on the top glass portion of the slide. I know most mods aren't terribly heavy, but they're not as light as more glass.

Also, if the mod is sitting vertically directly above the heater, I'd think the mod would take potential unnecessary heat. I haven't used one yet so don't really know.

I do like where youryo going with that thought though, so maybe something for VC to consider on the next iteration.

Top Bottom