Discontinued G43 and SledGhammer

VCBud

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Sorry for the delay dudes!

The constructions looks like it could be fragile - I think pulling on the wire (accidentally) in the direction of the purple arrow could easily fuck up the coil. Can it? Is there anthing to prevent that?

It's less fragile than it looks but you should definitely use it with care. I made it so that you can bang it around quite a bit during normal use without anything bad happening. The only slide that's broken so far was dropped on a granite counter from 2 ft up.

Pulling the wire in the direction of the purple arrow (up) very hard can certainly warp or damage the coil. But, I made it so that it can withstand the weight of a box mod hanging from it without budging. As long as you don't physically pull on the wire it'll stay in place, and I'll definitely be focusing on this area with the next version.

The glass screen above the beads does a pretty good job of keeping things in place, even when you tug on it, but I could add some more reinforcement in the future.

I can think of one way to prevent that and that would be to thread that wire back and forth through that glass disc with 7 holes, so each wire goes through 3 of those holes.

This is a great idea that didn't cross my mind yet, thank you!

You have said that the top part doesn't get hot (the green arrow), but the wire insulation is going very deep, touching the glass "screen" that separetes the heater and the intake (the yellow arrow). It is a complex glass shape that the heat might have some trouble to travel straight through (the red arrow), but it's still a very little distance from the heater. Are you sure it can't get hot at that point even after maximum power for like 30 minutes?

So what you're seeing in that photo is actually a bit of an illusion, I didn't notice it before but the pinch in the glass slide is distorting the image behind it, which is the black heat shrink you're referring to.

It's not actually quite that close, there's at least a few mm between the pinches and the start of the heat shrink so that they do not touch.

The vape was made to keep the best temp equilibrium when you take a draw from it at least once per minute. Under normal use the only area that will be too hot to touch is the middle 1" with the beads. But, if you turn the unit on and just let it sit there for 10, 20 or 30 minutes it is going to get hotter than normal and all parts of the slide will now be hot, not just the middle, so be more careful than usual.

A single 18650 battery is giving an average of ~25-30 mins of run-time at 11 to 12 watts before it drops below 3.7v and turns off, so this is sort of the built-in auto shut off at the moment.

And I also think there definitely should be a way to power it from the wall, it would be a great desktop unit.

The more I think about this the more I'm leaning towards the Glass Symphony being the best plug-in version of the G43, as long as you have the desk space.

My heater wasn't designed with the consideration of it being left on for a very long time, as in over a half hour, so I'd have to probably make some tweaks for it to work. This is still a possibility, but as of right now the next two things I want to work on are version 2 of the G43 and then the portable version inside of a box mod case.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
@Stu - does the temp ever level off during a draw, or only stop increasing when you stop drawing?
Here's a chart of two hits. The temps level off during a hit. I'm sure a longer hit might even see the temp go down towards the end but for me they seem to flatten out nicely.
12w-2-hit-test-w-end-of-hit-mark.jpg

:peace:

VCBud

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I meant to use a glass tube in the same way you are using the rod, I.e. the coil wrapped around the outside, with only the 'return' wire inside.

Ah now I gotcha! That’s definitely a good idea to try, it’ll probably behave differently than the solid rod but it’s worth experimenting with.

I’m in bud!:tup: Take my money! Please! :D

Just added you to the waiting list my friend, thanks for your interest! Debit or Credit?? :razz: lol

I would be interested in a unit

Sign me up, Bud. I've seen so many of your vape reviews, going to be fun reviewing a vape you made ;)

I like the pricepoint and the modularity, i am interested in a unit.

Looks awesome I will definitely get my self one.

Can't wait to try the G43!!!

You're in guys, I really appreciate your interest and I just added you all to the list. Please standby for an update on delivery time soon.

You have my attention. Though, I'd be less interested in using it with a mod as with a wall plug-in adapter.

Duly noted!

I've been running the G43 on a wismec rx Gen3 with the myevic firmware and the autofire set to infinity.

Taste is great and you can rip it super hard or slow and steady.

There is loss of some heat between rips, but not much. A short break between hits and it's ready to deliver the goods again.

I haven't been able to see any glowing of the coils even in pitch black room.

For it's small size and cost, it's a solid choice.

11 watts
0.15g loaded
4 minute preheat

Thank you very much for your feedback duff, I picked you as a tester b/c I knew you'd be hard to please, so I'm very happy you're pleased :D

How about a 5pin conector to be able to run it of an enail controller?

I will look into the possibility of this, it may take a little while but now I'm interested too.

Can the unit be easily disassembled for cleaning ? Maybe add spare crimps to package,if they get damaged in the process ?

Yes it can be taken apart and cleaned thoroughly. I just recorded the full cleaning process today from start to finish, and I'll make a nice short video of how to do it ASAP.

You can remove and clean all of the SS screens as well as the glass balls. However, the coil and glass rod are crimped to the power wires, and removing the crimps is not something I want people to do. I'm not building this version with the mindset that it needs to have a replaceable coil, so it's too late to make a change of that magnitude with this one.

I'm offering a 1-year free replacement warranty though which covers all parts, the whole thing. If anything breaks or malfunctions within the first year (like the coil), even if it's your fault, I'll replace the broken parts free of charge. All I would need to make that happen is a photo of the part as evidence of the problem.

I've been lucky to use the G43 single cradle battery version as my daily driver over a couple of months and it certainly holds up, very tasty and great extraction.

The cost is fantastic and it hits way above it's weight.

G43 Alpha single battery cradle version with water

You lucky dog! lol, even my cradle version isn't working right at the moment :nope:

Thanks for testing and for your feedback bruv, can always count on you for your :2c:

What holds the glass beads in place at the herb end? Conventional metal screen?

There are three (3) stainless screens in between the heater and the oven that hold the beads in place, two of them are "cup" shaped and the other one is standard 5/8". They are cleanable and reusable and a spare set of screens is also included in the main kit.

Any of you guys tried hitting it through a simple j-hook or similar?

It can totally be used with a j-hook and this might even be my preferred way to use it. I have 18mm glass j-hooks in stock that can be added on to the G43 kit if you need one, and I'll be posting a video showing how it's used with it real soon.

Not sure how many are in there, but if you want an S43 you can go with 3mm sapphire spheres for $4.25 each

Holy crap, those are expensive, but now I'm intrigued lol. There are roughly ~70 glass beads in each unit, so you're lookin at almost $200 just for those :o

G43... $99
S43... $999

I like it!

:rofl:

Is this vape available for purchase already? How does everyone else on FC already have one?

I should be able to start selling the first units in early January, that's the current ETA that I'm hoping to hit. The members posting on here who have one already happened to be part of my small beta team.

anasrzi

Are you prepared to sell internationally @VCBud ? A good friend of mine from work has the glass symphony but finds it to cumbersome, he loves it however and would be very interested in a smaller version which is more plug and play.

We're in the u.k though so it's extra shipping etc. He'd be keen on the box mod version as well more so than the simple battery cradle.

ParanoidAndroid998

Ah now I gotcha! That’s definitely a good idea to try, it’ll probably behave differently than the solid rod but it’s worth experimenting with.

Just added you to the waiting list my friend, thanks for your interest! Debit or Credit?? :razz: lol

You're in guys, I really appreciate your interest and I just added you all to the list. Please standby for an update on delivery time soon.

Duly noted!

Thank you very much for your feedback duff, I picked you as a tester b/c I knew you'd be hard to please, so I'm very happy you're pleased :D

I will look into the possibility of this, it may take a little while but now I'm interested too.

Yes it can be taken apart and cleaned thoroughly. I just recorded the full cleaning process today from start to finish, and I'll make a nice short video of how to do it ASAP.

You can remove and clean all of the SS screens as well as the glass balls. However, the coil and glass rod are crimped to the power wires, and removing the crimps is not something I want people to do. I'm not building this version with the mindset that it needs to have a replaceable coil, so it's too late to make a change of that magnitude with this one.

I'm offering a 1-year free replacement warranty though which covers all parts, the whole thing. If anything breaks or malfunctions within the first year (like the coil), even if it's your fault, I'll replace the broken parts free of charge. All I would need to make that happen is a photo of the part as evidence of the problem.

You lucky dog! lol, even my cradle version isn't working right at the moment :nope:

Thanks for testing and for your feedback bruv, can always count on you for your :2c:

There are three (3) stainless screens in between the heater and the oven that hold the beads in place, two of them are "cup" shaped and the other one is standard 5/8". They are cleanable and reusable and a spare set of screens is also included in the main kit.

It can totally be used with a j-hook and this might even be my preferred way to use it. I have 18mm glass j-hooks in stock that can be added on to the G43 kit if you need one, and I'll be posting a video showing how it's used with it real soon.

Holy crap, those are expensive, but now I'm intrigued lol. There are roughly ~70 glass beads in each unit, so you're lookin at almost $200 just for those :o

G43... $99
S43... $999

I like it!

:rofl:

I should be able to start selling the first units in early January, that's the current ETA that I'm hoping to hit. The members posting on here who have one already happened to be part of my small beta team.
Thanks Bud! FYI, I think I'm already on the list. I'm Will90 on Vapelife ;)

ParanoidAndroid998,
Reactions: VCBud

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
Are you prepared to sell internationally @VCBud ? A good friend of mine from work has the glass symphony but finds it to cumbersome, he loves it however and would be very interested in a smaller version which is more plug and play.

We're in the u.k though so it's extra shipping etc. He'd be keen on the box mod version as well more so than the simple battery cradle.
Yeah, Bud will be free shipping these internationally, just need to ask him to go on the waiting list.
I'm also in the UK and we just have to hope we don't get slapped with too many import charges :)

anasrzi

Yeah, Bud will be free shipping these internationally, just need to ask him to go on the waiting list.
I'm also in the UK and we just have to hope we don't get slapped with too many import charges :)

With regard to import charges @Mushroomturtle it will likely depend on what is the claimed contents. I got a dab press a few weeks back with minimal taxes due to Rodger sending it out as a specifically low value (although heavy) item.

I'll ask my mate if he wants to put on the list, cheers for that :)

anasrzi

Asked my friend and he wants adding to the waiting list too (under my banner) please @VCBud

Just so i'm certain the vape comes with a 510 threaded fitting and is 18.8mm, are both points right?

anasrzi,

Hippie

Do we need to pm Bud to go on the list?

I think I'd like to go on the list if I may please

Hippie,

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
I've had the same thought for some time. At one point I convinced myself that I should make that design and share it with the world, but then the dab wore off and I remembered that I'm a lazy SOB.:ugh:

:peace:

I'm also thinking about something similar since a while, a ferrous mass inside a glass male end that gets heated by an induction coil sitting around the female in a box plugged in to the wall socket. Then you just slide the male end containing the heated mass on your bowl to enjoy wireless vaping.
I don't know if it could technically work but I really like the concept.

LabPong

Very interesting concept! I wouldn't imagine this setup might works well with a mod box but I know @VCBud will not bring it here before toroughlly tested. It may be an interesting DIY project...

After testing the G43 now for a good bit of time....I can assure you it works incredibly well with a mod box. Great control over the heating element. I usually run a 9-12 min session with it on....and tons of big hits.

The vapor is very strong and yet is damn smooth. (keep in mind...I am only using water, no direct pulls off a j-hook like Bud likes to do). I think the G43 is maybe smoother than my Elev8r...but Elev8r holds taste better. These are my 2 main go to vapes now!

Anyone needing heavy medication effects like me.....G43 is the vape that brings the goods. You will absolutely get the most potent vapor out of your flower with it.

juxt

I'll go ahead and share that I've used it extensively for a couple of weeks and can chime in also.

It does work great with the mod, you want one that supports the myevic AutoFire firmware because trying to flutter the fire button is a pain. It is sub ohm, and I run it at 12 watts, with about a 4 minute heatup and a 15 minute fully packed session. I'm breaking the rules and packing it totally full overfull maybe but I like to do one session and get a good 6 rips over mayb 15 minutes.

Only complaint is the slow start time, the ramp up in between hits is enjoyable. Really a great product and one that I will buy, beyond the beta. I've seen from experience that Bud is impeccable in customer service and community, and I wholeheartedly recommend supporting him.

Just my two cents, but going after the 5-pin setup is heading too much toward the GS space, this is the portable one, again totally IMO

PPN

Volute of Vapor
After testing the G43 now for a good bit of time....I can assure you it works incredibly well with a mod box. Great control over the heating element. I usually run a 9-12 min session with it on....and tons of big hits.

The vapor is very strong and yet is damn smooth. (keep in mind...I am only using water, no direct pulls off a j-hook like Bud likes to do). I think the G43 is maybe smoother than my Elev8r...but Elev8r holds taste better. These are my 2 main go to vapes now!

Anyone needing heavy medication effects like me.....G43 is the vape that brings the goods. You will absolutely get the most potent vapor out of your flower with it.
Thanks I was afraid it was too hard with batteries. So you run it continuously for 9-12mn, I thought you hit the button only when you want a draw, so it's not really on-demand if I understand well... but still very interesting!

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
That heat exchanger of glass ballscould be heated on demand from a battery, And couldn't be heated up or cooled down quickly.
On demand vapes can't have a big passive heat exchanger (unless they have a ton of power and the heat exchanger can somehow cool down quickly)
I don't remember anyone calling this on demand, it's session vape. Yes, box mox attachments usually are on-demand, but this one runs on a so-called crusie mode, which is a prolonger power for a session.
If your box mod doesn't support that mode, you would have to set the wattage low and push it repeatedly to heat it up.

LabPong

@juxt, how long do you wait between hits using a packed bowl?

I run a little cooler than most (of the other big hitters) on most vapes in comparison. But I use the G43 at 10.1 watts and get big meaty vapor. Might be my draw technique or rig that allows me to understand and use much lower wattage than others have been in the test group. I will admit that taste is highly important to me as well...

Anyway, I can start my first draw at 3.5 mins and then pull off rig to stir and put back....by that time I can take another draw (within a minute) and then do that till the load is done. Once you let the G43 heat up 90% of targeted heat.....you can get draws close enough back to back. I dont know about passing it around and taking multiple draws super close though....that might be an issue if you use it as a party pass around vape....which is it not in it's design theory.

I get on average..... 4 sessions of 12 mins per battery charge. I have been using the LG H2's and the Panosonic's from my Argo and Airs.

When you get the big powerful vapor hit from the G43.....you dont normally need to take another draw so quick.....you need time to enjoy and savor that last one...really. So the time you take a breath, stir it, and put it back on the rig....it is pretty much ready to go again.

I love this vape and soon all of you will as well. Seek is correct...the G43 is a convection session vape even though it acts like a powerful on demand vape. It is not a desktop or portable...somewhere in between like an elev8r.

The G43 is super fun to use and it is a different experience than any of my other vapes. It is not as simple and quick to use compared to the flower pot....but a bit easier than an elev8r on average.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I should wait for the mod integrated version of this but it looks great. Nice one, Bud!

bossman,

juxt

@juxt, how long do you wait between hits using a packed bowl?
Maybe a minute? I don't force myself to time it, but like some others I've set the timer on the front on the device and make sure it's not less than 30 seconds...

I agree a bit with @LabPong good taste and real expansion of the vapor, but I like to hit straight off the Jhook, almost like hitting a bowl from the old days, and passing is cool that way too. I give it a 4 minute warmup minimum... at 12W it's perfect for me and all due and real respect for Stu and folks that meausre this stuff (I can do some of that, but no way I chart it bro). 13W I almost combusted...like I said I pack too much and on that one there was a deep black column of almost char down the middle when done :D

I have a healthstone, but haven't tried the wax, though I do trust that it'll Get Er Done...

of the other big hitters
What like the GS?
and sorry I messed up your name, but I edited it out

Last edited:

LabPong

Maybe a minute? I don't force myself to time it, but like some others I've set the timer on the front on the device and make sure it's not less than 30 seconds...

I agree a bit with @LabPong good taste and real expansion of the vapor, but I like to hit straight off the Jhook, almost like hitting a bowl from the old days, and passing is cool that way too. I give it a 4 minute warmup minimum... at 12W it's perfect for me and all due and real respect for Stu and folks that meausre this stuff (I can do some of that, but no way I chart it bro). 13W I almost combusted...like I said I pack too much and on that one there was a deep black column of almost char down the middle when done :D

I have a healthstone, but haven't tried the wax, though I do trust that it'll Get Er Done...

What like the GS?
and sorry I messed up your name, but I edited it out

haaaa no, I meant other vaporists on the 2 forums. Im(highly experienced, (old) and can take big hits no problem...I just like medium tasty ones. I will bang out some huge ones when I need medication...."like freakin yesterday already"...lol

I did a sesh or two with 13w's.....I did not combust at all..but pretty dark ABV. Did you stir after every hit?....or at all?

I should wait for the mod integrated version of this but it looks great. Nice one, Bud!

The G43 is supposed to come with both the Mod and Battery attachments for power. But the battery cradle might be a wait as Bud needs to figure out which way he wants to do the protected circuit. He could use a cradle that takes a button top (protected) cell or a non protected cell in a cradle that has the added circuitry onboard to be safe. Problem is for him, it causes a bigger cost and time to produce.....and with the interest he has already with it...and as good as I know it is......he will need to make a ton!

But you can get the Mod attachment right away when they are available to purchase. He said maybe few weeks at the soonest. He has some mods for sale with them, but pretty limited quantity. If you have a mod your good to go. They are pretty cheap anyway, you just need one that can run the myevic firmware.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
If you have a mod your good to go.

I want to try it for sure and I do have a few suitable mods now. I was more thinking out loud that I shouldn't get another device like this one since I know my Tubo X gets less use for being two pieces with a clumsy cable connection. I'm just trying to be patient if the plan is to design something next that doesn't have that awkward design. Even in Buds YouTube clip he knocks the mod over and decided he's better off leaving it on its side. I'm not up for the strapped-in holster approach either although it is a good hack.

juxt

other vaporists on the 2 forums
Am I in that #, bro I heart you :love:
Derr didn't answer the question .. yes stirs after every 2 hits, 6 hits max per load, full load only please.

I do have a few suitable mods now.

ones that support autofire right? I like the wismec reauleaux 21700 and i got samsung batteries that are 4800mAh and they last about 5-6 15 minute sessions on 1 charge. The indicator alwasys reads lower right after a session, the display doesnt update during a session so make sure you watch that.

As I said before about @Stu , I'm not a charter, but after the first session on those batts the indicator read 97% but jumped up to 99 after, and does that after each session. In the middle sessions it's more pronounced. On session 4 i think it was it went from like 62 at the start to 42 after, but jumped up to 48 after i turned it off and let it settle.

Great experience vape, love it for flower, and the hits are banging like I said. I have some live resin and other stuff that im wanting to try, eucalyptus of course, but I took a short tbreak and like one big stuffed payload is enough for me for about an hour and a half. Will continue to use it... I saw a pic of one that was dirty, but like I've said before my balls are immaculately clean! (I know, I know, that's what she said!)

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
yeah, @juxt the obvious choice for me would be my eVic VTC Dual since it already has fj's Tubo sw on it so warm-up or cruise mode is presumably what we're after for the steady 11 watts and four minute preheat required, yeah? Those eVic VTC Dual mods are still on eBay here and there for $26 if anyone needs a two battery cruise-friendly mod for the impending G43 release. They even come with the smaller body piece if you want to switch it to a single 18650.

Top Bottom