Discontinued G43 and SledGhammer

MileHighHuman

Any suggestions on how to separate a G43 and 18mm stand that are stuck together?

The spheres are out of it, so heating it up isn't an option.

I thought about a light torch blast, but wanted to get others options before doing anything.

MileHighHuman,

BestBuds

The Dude
Any suggestions on how to separate a G43 and 18mm stand that are stuck together?

I thought about a light torch blast, but wanted to get others options before doing anything.
Toss it in the freezer for 5 minutes.

Once apart, get some hard bees wax and wax the ground glass joint to help it not stick next time. :tup:

guyonthecouch

Maybe try heating it up in an oven/toaster oven or similar appliance.. not microwave though.

MileHighHuman

Toss it in the freezer for 5 minutes.

Once apart, get some hard bees wax and wax the ground glass joint to help it not stick next time. :tup:

Thx for your quick response!

The freezer won't crack anything?

Maybe try heating it up in an oven/toaster oven or similar appliance.. not microwave though.

Thx for your response! Do you think the torch on low power is too hot?

guyonthecouch

@MileHighHuman If it's stuck together because of resin build up a little heat should help. Torch should do it, low and slow, maybe not directly against glass to avoid char buildup.

If it's stuck together because of the glass joint itself/tight fit, try freezing first/cooling and attempt to shrink glass - like @BestBuds mentioned.

Terpenetime

I try giving a few very gentle taps with my S&B wooden brush handle before using the freezer. I usually find that’s enough to break the bond and when done carefully, there’s little danger of breaking anything in my experience.

chaos191

Thx for your quick response!

The freezer won't crack anything?

Thx for your response! Do you think the torch on low power is too hot?

I hope you were successful in getting your G separated from the stand..

Also as a fairly new member and was pretty active poster on VL Forum I wanted to say It's nice to see so many familiar people and look forward to getting to know new with people :peace::leaf:

Max3334

I just had a question about the g43 mod, has any experience this. So while it’s on cruise mode the wattage stays around the same, usually jumping around .1 watts. There are times where mid way through the wattage will go up about .5 watts and the the atomizer makes like a sound, I’m not sure how to explain the noise but its more like when you hear electricity pass through something not very loud but noticeable. Any info would help I just want to make sure it’s not going to damage it. The only thing I noticed the board and the coil runs a little hotter when that happens.

Max3334,

BestBuds

The Dude
I just had a question about the g43 mod, has any experience this. So while it’s on cruise mode the wattage stays around the same, usually jumping around .1 watts. There are times where mid way through the wattage will go up about .5 watts and the the atomizer makes like a sound, I’m not sure how to explain the noise but its more like when you hear electricity pass through something not very loud but noticeable. Any info would help I just want to make sure it’s not going to damage it. The only thing I noticed the board and the coil runs a little hotter when that happens.
Remove the batteries right away. Then look inside the atomizer and make sure the two wires are securely fastened to the posts. If you're uncomfortable with, email Bud and he should get back to you with a solution.

That's definitely sounds bad though.

BestBuds,
Reactions: chaos191

Max3334

Remove the batteries right away. Then look inside the atomizer and make sure the two wires are securely fastened to the posts. If you're uncomfortable with, email Bud and he should get back to you with a solution.

That's definitely sounds bad though.

It’s not like a loud noise, you can hear it more when you put your ear to it. Ok thank I’ll do that and test it out. It’s stops some time when I tap the wire or move it a little bit by atomizer.

Update
I tighten the wires by the atomizer(meaning I twisted them a little tighter) relocked the resistance. I’ve tested it for 2 session and so far it has not done that noise and the wattage stays true meaning it jumps up only .1watts up. The p80 board doesn’t heat up as fast now. Im think that the wires by the atomizer are missing one more wrap for the two wire to keep them tight. The individual wires are wrap with the heats sink there just not wrapped together to keep them tight and not move around in the atomizer. Do you know where I can order same kind of the rubber heat shrink he use for the G43. And I would also like to know if you know where I can get some of those rubber bands that come with the G?

Last edited:
Max3334,
Reactions: Baron23

LabPong

It’s not like a loud noise, you can hear it more when you put your ear to it. Ok thank I’ll do that and test it out. It’s stops some time when I tap the wire or move it a little bit by atomizer.

Update
I tighten the wires by the atomizer(meaning I twisted them a little tighter) relocked the resistance. I’ve tested it for 2 session and so far it has not done that noise and the wattage stays true meaning it jumps up only .1watts up. The p80 board doesn’t heat up as fast now. Im think that the wires by the atomizer are missing one more wrap for the two wire to keep them tight. The individual wires are wrap with the heats sink there just not wrapped together to keep them tight and not move around in the atomizer. Do you know where I can order same kind of the rubber heat shrink he use for the G43. And I would also like to know if you know where I can get some of those rubber bands that come with the G?

There is no reason to lock the ohms with the G43's.

Yes, every once and awhile it is a good idea to check the screws holding in the wires on the mods RDA connector.

You can get the shrink wrap for the wires at any electric supply store, maybe even a auto store? It is nothing special.

The big rubber band to hold the mod to a rig Bud used is sort of stretchy to me....I use the standard silicone wrist bands you can find anywhere....the ones with slogans on them and such....I found several places on ebay to buy them without any graphics.....cheap that way.

BestBuds

The Dude
@Max3334 yeah the black shrink wrap can be found in any store with an electrical section. I see it at Walmart all the time.
I do the same as @LabPong with the silicone wrist bands but I also get Velcro straps from Amazon.

I'm glad you got it fixed up. :tup:

BestBuds,
Reactions: chaos191

Max3334

There is no reason to lock the ohms with the G43's.

Yes, every once and awhile it is a good idea to check the screws holding in the wires on the mods RDA connector.

You can get the shrink wrap for the wires at any electric supply store, maybe even a auto store? It is nothing special.

The big rubber band to hold the mod to a rig Bud used is sort of stretchy to me....I use the standard silicone wrist bands you can find anywhere....the ones with slogans on them and such....I found several places on ebay to buy them without any graphics.....cheap that way.

thanks, I thought I had to lock I. The resistance since I’ve been messing with the tetrax and p80 tetra with locking in the resistance. I assumed I had to do the same with the G43. Since I’m not locking the resistance on the G43 It’s not going to make a difference when I Change the battery out during a season mean I usually run it at 11.5watts would I bump it if the resistance goes ups a little to get the same heat? Thanks again

@BestBuds

Thanks for the advice

Max3334,

Max3334

I just did a deep cleaning remove the balls and everything. I ended up Changing out the balls and keep the other but I was wonder if there was a way to make the clear as they were once, I’ve use iso so far and it works but there not like they were once. The other thing is has anyone experience that the coil doesn’t heat up as hot. Did I do something wrong did i add to much glass balls or its maybe to loose. They don’t move around they just make a little noise like they might be a bit loose.

Max3334,

LabPong

I just did a deep cleaning remove the balls and everything. I ended up Changing out the balls and keep the other but I was wonder if there was a way to make the clear as they were once, I’ve use iso so far and it works but there not like they were once. The other thing is has anyone experience that the coil doesn’t heat up as hot. Did I do something wrong did i add to much glass balls or its maybe to loose. They don’t move around they just make a little noise like they might be a bit loose.

I always suggest not taking apart the heater and balls...really no need if you clean it with a dental syringe with ISO and rinse with hot water....easy to clean it then use hair dryer to get it dry.

Anyway at this point.....you need to make sure there is no slop and the balls are in there ok with the screens back as they were. This is why I do not recommend taking it apart to clean. And by the way...Bud did mention that the balls stain somewhat...so probably never going to get them perfectly clear.

If you are a member at VLF....you can still use the message function. Message Bud and hopefully he will reply....if not message or SouthboundPachyderm or Pud for instructions on putting it back together properly.

lazylathe

Almost there...
I have one of the Beta units of the G43 and since the beginning have noticed a wiggle and some extra room in my unit. My one mod so far is to place a small bit of cotton in the air inlet as it add a tiny bit more restriction and works well for me.

I removed all the internal screens and balls carefully onto a towel.
I then pushed the heater as far as it would go into the stem and pushed the glass screen from the other side.
The balls were then added back, plus another 32!!
The screens bent out a bit and replaced and we are good to go!

Welcome to the G75!
Everything is nice and tight and compact inside now with zero movement.

A fully loaded stem at 12.5Watts and a 5 minute heat up is insane!!
Take a hit and hold for a bit, exhale and wonder at the flavor.
Go in for another hit and amazing vapor again.
Same for 3rd hit till it tapered off at the end of the hit.
Very short, no more than 30 seconds before hits recovery time now. Much better.
Extracted the whole stem in 3 massive hits!

Sad this little guy had such a short life.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I have one of the Beta units of the G43 and since the beginning have noticed a wiggle and some extra room in my unit. My one mod so far is to place a small bit of cotton in the air inlet as it add a tiny bit more restriction and works well for me.

I removed all the internal screens and balls carefully onto a towel.
I then pushed the heater as far as it would go into the stem and pushed the glass screen from the other side.
The balls were then added back, plus another 32!!
The screens bent out a bit and replaced and we are good to go!

Welcome to the G75!
Everything is nice and tight and compact inside now with zero movement.

A fully loaded stem at 12.5Watts and a 5 minute heat up is insane!!
Take a hit and hold for a bit, exhale and wonder at the flavor.
Go in for another hit and amazing vapor again.
Same for 3rd hit till it tapered off at the end of the hit.
Very short, no more than 30 seconds before hits recovery time now. Much better.
Extracted the whole stem in 3 massive hits!

Sad this little guy had such a short life.

Now that sounds epic!! Would love to see one of your famous Roor sessions with the G75 :rockon:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Tomorrow!
Glass is dirty and too lazy after that G75 session...
:rofl:

Stoned mind inquiry... Do you think changing the glass beads to another material would change how it heats?

Everyones glass is probably dirty with this alcohol shortage! :D My friend just showed me how to clean a bing sparkling fresh with Dr Bronners hemp soap + salt; I was surprised at how well it works, might not even go back!

Yes, but I've had another mod idea for a while for this vape that I believe would improve that aspect a lot! :sherlock:

lazylathe

Almost there...
Everyones glass is probably dirty with this alcohol shortage! :D My friend just showed me how to clean a bing sparkling fresh with Dr Bronners hemp soap + salt; I was surprised at how well it works, might not even go back!

Yes, but I've had another mod idea for a while for this vape that I believe would improve that aspect a lot! :sherlock:

Hot water, hot vinegar and baking soda!
Rinse with hot water and allow glass to heat up, empty and add a cup of hot vinegar and swirl around.
Place on counter and add a 1/2 tsp of backing soda, and block that hole.
It will bubble and froth like crazy. Shake around a bit and rinse with hot water.
DONE!

As for mods... A nice wrap around the heater to help retain heat would be nice.
Ball with greater thermal capacity than glass would be nice as well.

Macicman

Hot water, hot vinegar and baking soda!
Rinse with hot water and allow glass to heat up, empty and add a cup of hot vinegar and swirl around.
Place on counter and add a 1/2 tsp of backing soda, and block that hole.
It will bubble and froth like crazy. Shake around a bit and rinse with hot water.
DONE!

As for mods... A nice wrap around the heater to help retain heat would be nice.
Ball with greater thermal capacity than glass would be nice as well.

Like Vibranium?

Macicman,
Reactions: lazylathe

lazylathe

Almost there...

I tried my best to replicate yesterday but could not get it quite opaque...
3 bowls later and I need a break...LMAO!

This thread has been a bit sparse in the videos lately...
So here are my 3 attempts, all done at 12.5Watts and a 5 minute heat up initially.
The G75 can extract a whole bowl in one hit if you have the lung capacity. I ran out of space...LOL!!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there!!!
I send you very potent, cloudy clouds of vapor!

Terpenetime

I’m all for more G43 videos! :love:

Forgive my ignorance but I’m struggling to understand why increasing the number of glass balls would improve the G43 experience. What benefit(s) are you attributing to this hack?

By the way, I assume you’re aware that it’s called a G43 because it has a Glass slide with a 4mm glass rod and 3mm glass balls, so it has nothing to do with the number of balls :peace:

EDIT: More balls have a larger thermal mass that will reduce the amount of heat lost when you draw, which will facilitate a longer hit and fuller extraction.

Last edited:
Terpenetime,
Top Bottom