• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

G pen connect: Game Changer

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I bought my first concentrates ever, other than hash or trichomes, in January. I've been on a search since then for a convenient and manageable way to imbibe concentrates without overly irritating my somewhat sensitive breathing apparatus. First tried to use my flower vapes--Crafty, Fury 2, and old Firefly 2--with their concentrate discs or quartz glass containers. Not very satisfactory. Then I got myself an EZ Sai, and got some great hits, but found it very harsh without water and hooking it up to my little SP globe awkward and very spill prone, and the EZ Sai battery wouldn't power any of the available buckets. So I got a box mod to use ti and quartz buckets and ceramic donuts. This was more fun and tastier and more stable, but harder to control--I get either whispy hits or huge cough inducing hits going through my little water globe. Then when the coronavirus started shutting everything down, I made a six hour run down to the fantastic adult legal stores in the next state and bought more delicious powerful concentrates--shatter, rosin, wax, and oil--and only a little flower.

I looked at dab rigs, thought about torches, and scrutinized enail rigs, but both the cost and the technique didn't appeal to me. I'd bought a couple of oil cartridges and a pen battery, and enjoyed this technique very much, using my little VapCap water tool attachment, but found the cost per hit really excessive. And the cost of the all-in-ones, like the Puffco Peak and Carta, seemed like too much. So I upgraded my water piece to a nice double perc, which is a great addition to my enjoyment, and kept looking.

Well last week I saw a review for the g pen connect. And then I watched all the reviews for it. And then bought it with 15% off for $129US. My God! This little thing is amazing, simple, clean, effective, convenient, and reasonably gentle on my compromised lungs and throat. I've been experimenting for the last three days and last night I decided to blow it all out. I put shatter, rosin, and wax in the thing, ran it at all three of its temperatures, and all I can say is Wow!

The connect seems to be really well-designed and well-made, not what I'd expect from this maker. The device fits perfectly on a modest sized bubbler, and balance is barely an issue. On the lower temp setting, there's very decent and extremely favorful vapor. On the highest setting, the clouds are enormous. I've put about a dozen dabs through the thing, and the only cleaning its needed is a couple of high temp burnoffs and a quick alcohol swab of the little sticky wax threads on the top.

While I enjoy prefilled oil cartridges, but they are so damn expensive and limited to oil. This g pen connect has a similar flavor/feeling and is nearly as convenient--and I can use all the wonderful shatter, rosin, and wax. I have fallen in love!

Why isn't there listing for this device under the Vaporizer section?

Polarbearboy,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
It looks like they used the old ceramic plate heater and not an actual dish like most of the modern e-rigs?

G_pen_connect4.png

These types of heaters have been around for years, they always taste great at first, but unfortunately after a couple of uses, oil will run off the plate, into that crevice, and burn perpetually since it can't be accessed.

shredder

It looks like they used the old ceramic plate heater and not an actual dish like most of the modern e-rigs?

G_pen_connect4.png

These types of heaters have been around for years, they always taste great at first, but unfortunately after a couple of uses, oil will run off the plate, into that crevice, and burn perpetually since it can't be accessed.

Some of us take the long route to an enail. Eventually we find our way.

Now that I got my snarkyness out of the way, Aristech quasar pens have a fritted quartz heater in a ceramic bowl. And they can be had cheap. I bought some at $9.18 a few weeks ago from vaporl and they shipped from OK, so they got here in a week. Rosin tastes pretty damn good in them.....Just saying.....

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Some of us take the long route to an enail. Eventually we find our way.

Now that I got my snarkyness out of the way, Aristech quasar pens have a fritted quartz heater in a ceramic bowl. And they can be had cheap. I bought some at $9.18 a few weeks ago from vaporl and they shipped from OK, so they got here in a week. Rosin tastes pretty damn good in them.....Just saying.....

I beta tested the Acacia Vapes Qcore which used fritted quartz. Honestly it worked pretty damn good for a load-as-you-go pen that you could load a few hits worth in. It didn't seem like the fritted quartz would really clean up though; perhaps an ultrasonic cleaner would do the trick?

The enail is definitely the king of the hill for smooth vapor, IMHO!

Top Bottom