• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Fury 2 vs fog

fried_fish

I'm stuck between the fury 2 and the fog. The fury 2 has a screen and full temp controll. It also looks great. The only problem is he battery is not removable. I use it at home mostly so the battery life doesn't matter, just that it's going to be dead in a year or 2.

The fog has a removable battery but I don't think it matches the efficiency of the fury 2.

I don't know which one to get.

blackstone

Welcome to FC!
I think there may not be enough people that own both those vapes to help you decide, (I know of one here with a Fog and a Fenix mini (Fury 1 re-brand), @PPN I think?) also you might feel slightly different to the few users that have.

When I found it hard to decide between two attractive devices, I would tell myself that ideally in the future, if I still feel the same, I should aim to own both the models.
That way you only need to decide which one to get first, way easier!!
It also sometimes makes sense to have a backup vape, and normally it's good to balance medium to heavy uses across more than one portable vape, or even a desktop.

It could be attainable with these models too as they are well priced, and you could look out for a great sale on the other model in future (Black Friday?).
After owning one of these you might know better what direction for you to go next also.

AtomicPB

@fried_fish you might want to check the recent discussion in the Fog thread before making a decision.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/x-max-fog.25533/page-7#post-1249206

I do not know the Fog, so I can not comment. But the people here seem to really like it.

The Fury2 is a really nice device which I can really recommend for it's great performance and form-factor. I also like the taste with the WPA alot, with the normal mouthpiece I consider it still to be good. The battery can't be changed though, obviously a nice feature on the Fog.

Tough call, as I am a huge fan of the Fury2 I am biased, but I would choose it over the Fog, because I like the possibility to use it with the WPA or the bent glass stem.

lockie

Not sure if even their first model Fury has been out for 2 years but puffitup did a teardown on the Fury 2, the parts looks pretty safe, so only time will tell if it is truly durable... I only have had the Fury 2 for about a week but I can say that it has been doing it's job efficiently to keep its charge while keeping me up and cutting back on my usage of herb/wax along the way. I like loading it with flower then live resin topped off with a bit more flower. I also do charge it every time I'm done with it after it cools down though (keeping portable charger with me, no pass through capabilities). Ready to hit within 30 seconds and turned off with 3 clicks, capped silicon top to prevent some smell (probably still somewhat smell if loaded with dank). You can move the temp up along with every hit for an experience if you like.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
This work you have been doing by revealing the materials of these vapes is excellent and greatly appreciated.

Thank you @Used2use

:myday:
Yes but the issue doesn't seems to affect all units so maybe it's a bit too soon to say if it's a specific issue to the @Used2use unit or for all units sold... wait until the new PIU teardown and the X-Vape reply (I'm curious to see how a China manufacturer will handle this problems)?

To reply to the OP I want to say I prefer the Fog in term of vapor quality but the Fury (1 not 2 but same heater)) produce thicker clouds which is nice if you plan to use your device with a bong. The Fog get replacable batteries and use more convection than the Fury which is more conduction based unit for me. Fog's pricepoint is another pro.... until the sus-mentionned issue but it doesn't seems to affect all units and I have big hopes X-Vape will solve this issue with the incoming Fog's new version!

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
it's a bit too soon to say if it's a specific issue to the @Used2use unit or for all units sold
there is a 2. report...
I opened mine and also found this white dust. It's definitely from the insulation.
Fury rebrands (i believe there are at least 7 :D ) are even cheaper than the fog, so also no point in price...

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I'm boring myself by saying the same thing in different "help me decide" threads, but I never use my Fury 2 at home since I got a Solo II. The Fury 2 comes closer if you use the glass accessories. With the built-in mouthpiece it's not as efficient or effective as the Solo and of course the battery life can't compare either. I still like my Fury for vaping out. The flavor, the vapor production, the cooling of the more standard glass stems, the extraction at various lower temps: these are all areas where the Solo II shines and the Fury 2 has had to compromise just to create a stealthy device that disappears in your hand. And for home use that's a wasted advantage.

bossman,
Reactions: Sativapo

lockie

I HIghly recommend the XL WPA if you decide to go with the Fury 2 for the best experience with water pipe accessories, you can't go wrong. It takes this portable to the next level while being able to enjoy the flavor, micro dose, mix with concentrates, etc. I believe they are coming out with a new unit in the coming months as well if you decide to wait. They also have a 1 year free warranty and friendly/responsive CS should you have any question/problems.

Top Bottom