Funny experiment with vaporizer, catnip & cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapeguy

I got catnip to vaporize and it does seem to have mild effects. I tried giving some of the dried herb to the cat which surprisingly seemed to completely ignore it.

So I figured maybe if I vaporize some so the cat smells it more, so I put some in my EQ with the whip attachment, put the fan on 1 and bring the end of the whip near the cat. It quickly grabs the tube with both paws in a "give me that!" way, then starts puffing or "drinking" on the mouthpiece and licking it lol.

The cat didn't seem to get much effect from it even after a few minutes.

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
aab1 said:
I got catnip to vaporize and it does seem to have mild effects. I tried giving some of the dried herb to the cat which surprisingly seemed to completely ignore it.

So I figured maybe if I vaporize some so the cat smells it more, so I put some in my EQ with the whip attachment, put the fan on 1 and bring the end of the whip near the cat. It quickly grabs the tube with both paws in a "give me that!" way, then starts puffing or "drinking" on the mouthpiece and licking it lol.

The cat didn't seem to get much effect from it even after a few minutes.

Haha that is soo funny & cute!! Yeah I have the same question as above, how was vaporizing catnip? lol.

Elluzion,

hereatlast

I was at a farmer's market recently (Union Square in Manhattan) and a man was selling catnip there, when I asked he said that catnip could be brewed as tea and consumed by humans. Interestingly, he noted that the effect is actually quite contrary to the effect it has on cats, namely, for humans it apparently has a mild sedative effect. In any case, take that as you will as I haven't corroborated that info. or researched any further.

I too am interested in the nature of your catnip vaporizing experience?

hereatlast,

PhishCactus

Lvl. 420 Vaporist
Hello, i planted a catnip plant in my yard, two actually, a few years ago, they comeback every year, but since i don't have cats, i never really have a use for them. I originally bought it to make into tea as a sleep aid, as a dumb kid interested in a possible high, and as a sleep aid. Anyways, at the end of last summer i cut all the "buds" that look a lot like weed nugs, ill post a pic later, and probably have several ounces of what I assume to be high quality catnip, seeing as the buds are stronger, and the leaves are what are usually sold, but i only saved and dried the buds.

Anyway, im taking a break from weed for a few weeks, and i got home after a long day and decided to finally vaporize some catnip, having smoked some in the past but not really inhaled. I used it in my vaporbrothers without a whip, and held the end part of the whip up to my bubbler for some filtration. Then i sat on my roof and enjoyed the sunset and played guitar while vaping it. It was a very pleasant taste, and I am fairly certain I feel some relaxing effects. I am pretty tired, but I definitely feel a little floaty and pretty relaxed, ill report back if things change as this was maybe 10 hits about 10 minutes ago. Sorry if this post is a little rambly im too tired to compose an elegant write up like the usual. I believe catnip to be fairly safe, being used in teas for young children, and likewise applications, seeing as i dont like to use anything at all, even alcohol, never been drunk :lol: , that could possibly harm my brain function, I think this might be a good herb to relax and use, as weed can be too intense to relax sometimes.

Would love to hear other stories/feed back

thanks!

PhishCactus,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
I've blown a little catnip vapor at cats. With varying results.
At least a couple times it has seemed to go over pretty well with the cats.

I think it works by them smelling it to begin with.

rabblerouser,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
yes, catnip is very safe in humans. it is a mild relaxant and a catnip tea (or enema :o ) is often used in fussy, feverish children. I also think it has some sort of positive effect on the kidneys.

I have three cats who realllllly like catnip and a zephyr ion with a tube. I can see this filling some time in the future :lol:

herbgirl,

GenYHippie

That's hilarious! I wish my kitty were still alive to partake in catnip vape.

GenYHippie,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom