Fuel4 Bio-ethanol Spirit Fuel

Sin Humo

Hello, I have done some BHO and QWISO runs in the past but after reading that Ethanol can produce better results I'd like to give it a try. Over here in the UK I haven't been able to find any Ever Clear but a company has stated selling Bio-Ethanol for camping stoves so I'm wondering if it would be OK to use? It's called Fuel4 Bio Ethanol and they have a website but I'm not sure on posting links.
Ta

Sin Humo.

Sin Humo,

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
Hello, I have done some BHO and QWISO runs in the past but after reading that Ethanol can produce better results I'd like to give it a try. Over here in the UK I haven't been able to find any Ever Clear but a company has stated selling Bio-Ethanol for camping stoves so I'm wondering if it would be OK to use? It's called Fuel4 Bio Ethanol and they have a website but I'm not sure on posting links.
Ta

Sin Humo.
Welcome @Sin Humo ! Well I'm not sure what's in that stuff. You might want to research that before using that kind of fuel for extraction. Maybe look into this http://www.kleenxtract.com/#about. Personally I prefer BHO (properly purged)

Sin Humo

Hi Diehard, Thanks for your input - I have seen the Kleenxtract product but I'm guessing that it won't be available in the UK. I have emailed the producers of the Fuel4 for the data sheet and they have sent it through but it's too long to copy the contents into a post. There seem to be 4 ingredients Ethanol >50%, Propanol 1-5%, Butanone 1-5% and Denatonium Benzoate <0.01%.

Looking at those I guessing that we can't use it safely for extractions?

Sin Humo,

farscaper

Hi Diehard, Thanks for your input - I have seen the Kleenxtract product but I'm guessing that it won't be available in the UK. I have emailed the producers of the Fuel4 for the data sheet and they have sent it through but it's too long to copy the contents into a post. There seem to be 4 ingredients Ethanol >50%, Propanol 1-5%, Butanone 1-5% and Denatonium Benzoate <0.01%.

Looking at those I guessing that we can't use it safely for extractions?

the denatonium benzoate is a bittering agent... so no this cannot be used to extract.

Sin Humo

Thanks Farscaper I thought as much, looks like I'm stuck with ISO for now then and just try and improve the process.

Sin Humo,
Top Bottom